PDA

View Full Version : Parts of The Gameplay of E3 Video !!

BlUr18
9th Jun 2011, 17:31
That's a sneak peak on the game's E3 Gameplay

Please people, somebody tell me is this Really is Agent 47 of Hitman ??
Or am I seeing Sam Fisher of Splinter Cell Conviction ?? :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0w21Cvuq_A

Vulture
9th Jun 2011, 18:00
wow thanks a lot for the video. i guess i'll have to lose my hype to playing another traditional hitman. the whole idea of previous hitmans was to finish a mission while the dead person would either be thought of died by an accident , or he/she was missing. But what i saw here.. its certainly different

edit: the visuals look nice though and also 47 used his magic to take that small statue :D

Acid_Burn
9th Jun 2011, 18:11
Well, there's plenty of ways to complete the mission. There's allways were.

UhUh
9th Jun 2011, 18:14
So... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7N3sG1x-Ck#t=0m5s)

JaqTaar
9th Jun 2011, 18:47
Gameplay concerns aside (personally I'm not too worried), I like the look. I find the animation of the policeman on the roof especially nice.

KingNL
9th Jun 2011, 19:03
This doesn't look like hitman to me...

BlUr18
9th Jun 2011, 19:19
Yeah That doesn't sound like a hitman at all I've been a hitman gamer for a long time and this really disappointed me !! :mad2:
And yes, We can panic now @UhUh :nut:

Nogarda
9th Jun 2011, 19:20
They are showing off the new AI and cinematic kill options. Because unlike the core hitman fans a majority of players don't seem to get that hitman is stealth, but these options are there for people trying to be stealthy first time out and see no other choice.

I think possibly by gamescom we need to see a stealth attempt demo'd, and possibly some fire alarm distraction to lure a target out into the open again. I'm satisfied that there is a challenging AI, and n00b tools like instinct mode, it just means more fans will get hooked on the different and unique gameplay that is hitman.

Silent Assassin's only get easy with trial and error, least absolution is gonna make you look a badass when you make those mistakes.

OMGmyFACE
9th Jun 2011, 19:44
I'm seeing a gunfight, a standoff, and the pull-from-ledge mechanic that's been put in every game. This + the glow I've been reading about? Yeah, I'm worried now. :(

Falkenwut
9th Jun 2011, 19:48
@ OMGmyFace - I know the feeling, but I guess every game needs to evolve abit to keep a majority of the audience interested. Hell if Tomb Raider didn't change, we'd still be playing with squared mechanics back in the series that Core made!

German
9th Jun 2011, 19:55
Thanks for posting my video

I came here to post it and someone already did

Sweetness

C0w21Cvuq_A

Word on the street is you can turn off all of the noob helpers like Instinct and the gameplay in this video is only for demo purposes.

I am still VERY worried, but we'll see what the hardest difficulty offers.

I don't like the "glowing" objects like the cast head he picks up and the lack of an animation when he picks it up.

If this turns out to be another Conviction , I'll be seriously heart broken.

Hitman is my favorite game series of all time , even above Thief.

I'd be perfectly happy with Blood Money/Silent Assassin etc. gameplay , all we needed was some updated graphics, improved AI.

If this turns out to be a forced action-fest, I just don't know man. I'll be bummed out

7h30n
9th Jun 2011, 20:11
Hitman: Conviction here I come!

Well, you know the thing that poked me in the eye the most was the part where so many police officers saw 47s face and it looked as if it was prescripted story gameplay. I hope that was just a result of a player.

Other than that, yeah Convictionized ...

Probably the game will be a lot of fun, so I'm still looking forward to it.

toad
10th Jun 2011, 12:06
I don't mind a little action as long as they give us a freedom of choice.

auric
10th Jun 2011, 12:15
I don't mind a little action as long as they give us a freedom of choice.

Precisely,

its no big deal adding new features, just don't take away the old ones (also make them useful & not just there but useless, lol)

I can never understand why they think they have to go one way with SC: Conviction. its much more profitable to go both ways.

just keep the old LC+RC from Chaos Theory
left click = kill
right click = KO

& it'll be perfect.

Acid_Burn
10th Jun 2011, 12:20
Hitman always have it's own unique style. And developers aren't changing it in Absolution.

auric
10th Jun 2011, 12:25
Hitman always have it's own unique style. And developers aren't changing it in Absolution.

Yup, I don't see any change, Hitman was always able to go gun-hoe. :D

well it will be a change if the KO moves are gone, till they confirm that, I don't see a single change, just improvements.
:)

Sn4ke47
10th Jun 2011, 13:03
http://i52.tinypic.com/4gn0no.png

gaddar
10th Jun 2011, 14:37
Hey! check this for developer Q&A about the gameplay mechanics and improvements for Hitman http://youtu.be/P9VY_mIK3B4

Brackstone17
10th Jun 2011, 14:44
I think the reason that video didn't really show traditional hitman gameplay was because it wasn't really a traditional hitman level. It seems like the type of mission that would open the game. Remember the first level of Blood Money? That was hardly a regular Hitman level.

toad
10th Jun 2011, 15:41
great clip, gaddar, thanks a lot for the link!

Vulture
10th Jun 2011, 18:33
I think the reason that video didn't really show traditional hitman gameplay was because it wasn't really a traditional hitman level. It seems like the type of mission that would open the game. Remember the first level of Blood Money? That was hardly a regular Hitman level.

yep that was the tutorial mission and most of my friends were only able to finish that level.

I just hope the whole game isnt like this (dark places, using shadows, gunfights with multiple enemies , kills from ledges) i hope most of the game will be like blood & money where 47 will try to kill his target by apporoaching him on multiple ways. The level shown in this video and screenshots look like a linear level ( like the first blood money level) i hope the whole game isnt like this.:)

Srosa
11th Jun 2011, 00:25
I think nowdays developers should do something which prevents walking toward obstacles, like walls etc... I mean, 47 first keep walking toward the wall and then teleport the statue to his hand isn't very good looking, I hope, though, this will all be fixed in 2012, which is a great time for polishing. Just hope the world will not end before I'll play the new Hitman XD.

Falkenwut
11th Jun 2011, 01:25
^ Well, there's the supposed re-re-corrected apocalypse at October 21st this year suggested by the idiot Harold Camping, But then there's the other one in December 21st 2012 set by the Mayans... Who knows, maybe 47 will save us all!!

KingNL
11th Jun 2011, 01:50
If they handle this game like they handled deus ex human revolution, I am not concerned and will get this game for sure!