PDA

View Full Version : Will there be healing herbs?

Natla
8th Jun 2011, 16:22
In the first few Resident Evil games there were different herbs you could collect for various things; one to cure wounds, one to cure poison, etc. Do you think there will be healing herb colllection in Tomb Raider(TM)?

Abdullah10
8th Jun 2011, 16:58
i hope so ..because CD talked alot about LARA and the environment
and LARA as we saw in trailer is in place full of herbs

Ants_27_
8th Jun 2011, 17:14
I think it'll be cool.

The feeling of, in Resi, when you needed health badly and you'd come across a herb (yellow and red) you can't directly take, instead you had to hope you found a green one to mix it with.:lol:

LARALOVERnr1
8th Jun 2011, 17:59
I think first aid kits will be more likely... ;)

Elliot Kane
8th Jun 2011, 18:02
That would be very cool. I like that idea.

Gemma_Darkmoon_
9th Jun 2011, 00:32
If it did have herbs everyone would just say it was a resi copy. I hope they stick with medi packs. If they are plausable to the island or not I don't care. Would just love to see them there anyway.

MissJess
9th Jun 2011, 03:30
I feel like they will try to implicate some sort of natural healing in the game, based on the location and the general atmosphere they are trying to portray. Though, I`m good either way, herbs or medpacks.

QiX
9th Jun 2011, 05:45
It would be great, as long as the herbs didn't come with those RPG like info labels 'heals over time: 5 hp/s'. Healing head trauma or broken limbs with them would also kill the realism :scratch:

Pietras
9th Jun 2011, 06:03
We know she can use leeches to heal so maybe herbs too?

Pulse
9th Jun 2011, 06:26
^What about leeches? When did they say this? (I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I'd like to know where the info is coming from)

Didn't she have regenerative health in the demo? Or am I missing what we're talking about??

Natla
9th Jun 2011, 07:54
Zombie leeches! That ... suck blood. Maybe not. Vampire leeches!

Odonata
20th Jun 2011, 17:23
I think with all the reckage around the island there would be medical kits to be found. Maybe along with whole med kits she might find single items such as bandages or even cloth for bandages.

d1n0_xD
20th Jun 2011, 20:02
Hmm, if we're going to look from "realistic" angle, medkits don't fit... But yeah, every once in a while, you could find a wreckage or something and you find medkits. But also, herbs sound awesome, as long you just have to pick them up and you're ready to go. Mixing and combining all sort of herbs is too much. XD

Charlie.T.Raider
24th Jun 2011, 00:39
If you had to do tons of mixing to make heals then no but something like resident evil where you have herbs and also first aid items (e.g. sprays/medi packs) would be great.

VOLCOM20lovesLARA
24th Jun 2011, 05:24
from the footage that was shown on the "turning point" trailer and the game demo, Lara is going to need anything to make her feel better. :(
whether it's medi-kits or healing herbs...

Ants_27_
24th Jun 2011, 07:01
I hope they don't have loads of health available... against the point of survival.

Like, I'll find it pretty annoying to wander around each 'level' and find about ten health kits... I don't even want first aid kits (they're not imaginative and there are people who like me, appreciate the details gone into the tiny things).

Put it this way, I've been playing through the Silent Hill games (yay, they're so awesome) and the max health vials I've found are about eight (and I'm a fair way through), which usually about four of them go on just one fight alone.

But they should have health kits that can be found (again, not many) from scouting around the ship but when on the island it sort of breaks the atmosphere if you find loads of ammo and health around constantly (my on-going gripe with the TR series in general).

Pulse
25th Jun 2011, 00:48
Are there even going to be health packs? I thought they were doing regenerative health...

Error96_
25th Jun 2011, 01:45
Are there even going to be health packs? I thought they were doing regenerative health...

The regenerative heath was awful in TRU. Hope they go with collectable heals which are much better.

Ants_27_
25th Jun 2011, 07:43

Really?

Interesting, that throws their 'survival concept' attempt out the window I guess.

Driber
25th Jun 2011, 07:56
It's funny that someone can always throw in a quick "I heard that the new game will..." and it is instantly picked up as truth.

Quote your sources, people! Otherwise they are just rumors :whistle:

Ants_27_
25th Jun 2011, 10:09
Hey, I didn't take it as fact... I just took it as a likely fact (they do it so we will) as games still have this habit of using regenerating health.

Especially for games with survival nature. I also read somewhere that Resident Evil: Operation raccoon City will have regenerating health. Then again I can tell by the trailers that it seems pretty bad.

And wait, they had it in Underworld?:lol:

Driber
25th Jun 2011, 11:12
Yes they did. You need to talk less and play more :p :lol: