PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider on WiiU

BlackThor
7th Jun 2011, 20:19
Finally got the internet in my new home and spent most of my day catching up with E3. Which of course included watching the epic new TR game play. I found this right after watching Nintendo announce WiiU as well as some of the games under development for it. Obviously I am really excited for both and was wondering if Eidos had any plans to launch this new title on WiiU as well as PS3 and 360. So, mods if you know anything please share(only if it's a yes:D) and forum members feel free to chime in with your own thoughts on this.

Ants_27_
7th Jun 2011, 21:13
What the buggery is Wii U? :lol: I take it something to do with Nintendo, given the name.

I seriously doubt it'll be on it as it's not going to release (or unlikely) to release on 3DS and NGP (PS Vita) and I guess they'll, opposed to 3DS will be released around the similar time console wise. So I doubt it, although I could quite easily be wrong. ;)

EDIT - Although I could do with it being on PSVita ideally, that way I can sell my 360 and needn't bother buying a 'home' console.

Driber
8th Jun 2011, 10:47
Thread moved to TR9 forum.

...was wondering if Eidos had any plans to launch this new title on WiiU as well as PS3 and 360.

Not sure if they will, as the two are probably going to be released around the same time.

But I really hope so!

What the buggery is Wii U? :lol: I take it something to do with Nintendo, given the name.

The new Nintendo console with HD graphics, planned to be released next year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U

LC is Me
8th Jun 2011, 15:38

The system that should have been the Wii.
That thing looks great, but this is what Nintendo should have been doing in the first place.

4e3qaPg_keg

BlackThor
8th Jun 2011, 18:16
Thread moved to TR9 forum.

Not sure if they will, as the two are probably going to be released around the same time.

But I really hope so!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U

I think it is possible anyway because some developers already have the development kit for WiiU. Plus when i really think that new controller can add all kinds of depth to that "survival vision" (or whatever they call it lol) where things that can help you are highlighted. Just really excited for that console and TR of course

Driber
8th Jun 2011, 18:30
Hey good point, BlackThor. We should all make a list of possible features the developers could add in TR9 by using the new hardware of the WiiU.

The first thing that comes to mind is using the display in the controller to see Lara's "instinct", in a way that the player would move the display in front of the TV to "scan" for highlighted objects. If there is an interactive object, it would remain invisible on the TV, but it would show up on the controller display, a la Lens of Truth in Zelda!

Kind of like using your mobile phone to see augmented reality using the phone's camera.

Ants_27_
8th Jun 2011, 19:00
Ah, I learn something new everyday. Ta for the link Driber and the video LC is me.:D

LC is Me
8th Jun 2011, 22:16
No problem. C:

I honestly think if Nintendo continues to give the system and the controller the right amount of work, Tomb Raider should work fine on Wii U.

Pulse
8th Jun 2011, 23:16
Wii U has a planned release that's months before Tomb Raider, right? Maybe they could release it on Wii U at launch... It'd be interesting.

Darn WiiU and all the freakin' amazing games at e3 put me in financial issues. Where will I get money!?

xXTombRaiderXx
9th Jun 2011, 16:16
as much as the the WiiU looks good i dont think it will be on that platform

BlackThor
9th Jun 2011, 21:19
i think it would be cool to also have that screen act as your backpack. Where you can monitor your health packs, weapons, and even Lara's physical status.(it tells you where you're injured. then you can do something like drag a medipack to that location and lara will begin patching herself up.

and i love Driber's idea for the camera with "instinct" combo

Driber
9th Jun 2011, 21:54
it tells you where you're injured. then you can do something like drag a medipack to that location and lara will begin patching herself up.

Oh wow, how cool would that be! :thumb:

Gotta say, when I first saw that new WiiU controller and the examples of what they could do with it in games, I thought it was a bit lame. But now thinking about the possibilities in TR, I think Nintendo again managed to stay ahead of the curve and does innovation best!