PDA

View Full Version : Call for Trailer Q&A [ended]

MeaganMarie
7th Jun 2011, 01:29
Hey all,

Popping in quickly to ask for your questions about the trailer that ran last week. I know you've got tons of inquiries you would like answered, so post them here! I've scheduled some time with the team on Wednesday to have them answered.

As for what you submit, you have a much higher chance of having your question chosen if you limit it to one or two, original questions. Taking the time to read what was submitted before you helps :)

Hope you are enjoying all of the Tomb Raider coverage!

Meagan

QiX
7th Jun 2011, 05:50
Yay! I'm the first poster here! Cool!

First of all let me congratulate the whole CD team: both the CGI and the game play trailers are fantastic, worth of being called new landmarks in the video game history. Excellent job everyone.

1. The 3d modelling in 'Turning Point' is stunning, be it characters or environment and objects. How much of the CGI trailer production will reflect in the actual gameplay modelling, in terms of level of details, texture quality and lighting effects? Were the actual game play characters made based on the CGI models with simplified details or two different processes?

2. I'm scratching my head with this one for almost a week. What famous explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'?

Icetea555
7th Jun 2011, 06:56
1) Is this Tomb Raider game going to be linear or not?
I hope it is not because that would be boring. linear with no room for exploration how boring.
I do hope that the pathways open up a bit more for exploration.
2) Is this voice we here in the trailer going to be Lara Croft voice in the game?
I hope so, but with more of a British ascent.

chriss_99
7th Jun 2011, 07:49
1. Is the CGI trailer or parts of it going to be used as an intro in the actual game?
2. Is there going to be a playable section in the game where Lara is trying to escape from the ship just like in the trailer? If not, there should be one. It would be totally epic!

Thanks for the opportunity to ask the questions. :)

a_big_house
7th Jun 2011, 09:00
1. Why Plymouth? (I swear Plymouth's dockyard isn't big enough for a ship like Endurance)
2. If you came to Plymouth to research about the dockyard ect. how come you didn't take me with you? :(
3. How much of Lara's phone will we see in the game? As in, is it an important tool for Lara?

Dusk Knight
7th Jun 2011, 10:33
1 - Who is playing Lara?

2 - Not really trailer related, but is the game going to be on Steam at launch?

WinterSoldierLTE
7th Jun 2011, 22:04
When editing the trailer together, was it cut to the music used in the final version, or was there a temp track? If there was a temp track, what was it?

Denis..
7th Jun 2011, 22:47
Yay! I'm the first poster here! Cool!

First of all let me congratulate the whole CD team: both the CGI and the game play trailers are fantastic, worth of being called new landmarks in the video game history. Excellent job everyone.

1. The 3d modelling in 'Turning Point' is stunning, be it characters or environment and objects. How much of the CGI trailer production will reflect in the actual gameplay modelling, in terms of level of details, texture quality and lighting effects? Were the actual game play characters made based on the CGI models with simplified details or two different processes?

2. I'm scratching my head with this one for almost a week. What famous explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'?

it means that it doesn't matter if u have money or not, if u got a job or not, if u have a family or not!
what matters is what u doing in life!

dark7angel
7th Jun 2011, 22:54
it means that it doesn't matter if u have money or not, if u got a job or not, if u have a family or not!

He's not asking what it means, he's asking who said it!

My question: who takes Lara out of the water when she's drawning? At first I thought it was Roth but now I'm convinced it wasn't him... was it just a random crew member?

Denis..
7th Jun 2011, 22:58

My question: who takes Lara out of the water when she's drawning? At first I thought it was Roth but now I'm convinced it wasn't him... was it just a random crew member?

a famous explorer?? xD
anyway ya it wasn't roth, true it's maybe a crew member

QiX
8th Jun 2011, 04:46

a famous explorer?? xD

Yeah. This is not exactly what I asked, but the question was not exactly directed to you. Nice try anyway, pal :D

import_craziej2k
8th Jun 2011, 12:43
1. Aren't you worried that essentially replacing what made Lara recognizable (her distinctive look and personality) may have alienated many existing Tomb Raider fans? (like me) :(

2. Roughly how long will the game take to complete?

3. Is the story based on/has taken any elements from real life events?

MeaganMarie
8th Jun 2011, 21:02
Thanks guys! Cutting off questions :)

Ants_27_
8th Jun 2011, 21:15

It was me, Okay, I'll own up to it.:lol:

But although questions are closed... some good stuff asked, especially about the idea will she have to escape from the boat and what not.:D

Danielsun_
8th Jun 2011, 21:20
Is it true swimming has been taken out of game play?

Driber
9th Jun 2011, 08:44
Thanks guys! Cutting off questions :)

Dang, just came up with a question and it seems I might be too late :(

I will ask anyway, in the faint hope it'll still get through, as I've seen many members on the forums being concerned about this...

I'm all up for game accessibility, I think it's good that inexperienced players can get visual aides when they are stuck and don't know how to advanced or which lever to pull, etc. But what I find very important is that for the experienced players, there should be an option to go hardcore if they want to.

I've seen many concerns about TR9 again being a too easy game, as we've seen with past TR games. I've also noticed an outcry on other forums to the developers of other games to not dumb it down for the sake of "keeping the casual gamer happy", which seems to be a trend lately.

So my one question is:

Will the player be able to play on a high difficulty level and turn off all helper icons/hints/highlighting/survival instinct?

dark7angel
9th Jun 2011, 10:00
Check out the second Crystal Habit Podcast where the team answers our questions: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=118067

J3ckyll
24th Sep 2012, 13:40

It was Edmund Hillary, that dude that climbed mount Everest

Driber
24th Sep 2012, 14:29
Edmund Hillary pulled Lara out of the water? :eek:

:D

AdobeArtist
24th Sep 2012, 14:45
Why is this thread from 10 months ago back? I read the OP and thought I might have missed a "new" trailer. And only later saw the posting date of this topic :rolleyes:

Driber
24th Sep 2012, 14:51
Only 3,5 months. Don't exaggerate :p

I'll edit the thread title :)

pidipidi39
24th Sep 2012, 15:33
Why is this thread from 10 months ago back? I read the OP and thought I might have missed a "new" trailer. And only later saw the posting date of this topic :rolleyes:

yeah, that happened to me too! :D

Shaikh
24th Sep 2012, 17:26
Me three. :p

But Edmund Hillary theory is better than Nathan Drake. :p