PDA

View Full Version : Where's Lara's pendant?

RosePetals
5th Jun 2011, 11:50
I was just wondering what happened to it. All the previous screenshots/concept arts had it, but the CGI trailer didn't. Just curious. :hmm:

Natla
5th Jun 2011, 12:02
Maybe when she's first on the island she pops into a mall and buys it.

LARALOVERnr1
5th Jun 2011, 16:13
@Natla
XD

I actually think Roth gives it to her on the island itself :)

IvanaKC
5th Jun 2011, 16:18
Or maybe it is Roth's, but she find it on the island and it leads her to him.

WinterSoldierLTE
5th Jun 2011, 18:20
I'm wondering if it's an essential item of some sort (like a key needed to open a specific door, for example) that she finds at some point in the game.

AdobeArtist
5th Jun 2011, 19:39
I stole it :rasp::whistle:

andrew90
5th Jun 2011, 19:50
I stole it :rasp::whistle:

Shes going to kick youre a** now!:lol:

I think she will find it among the shipwrecks like she found the bow and other things!

AdobeArtist
5th Jun 2011, 20:21

I think she will find it among the shipwrecks like she found the bow and other things!

After seeing the new Lara, she can do whatever she wants to me, anytime! :D:D:nut::lmao:

andrew90
5th Jun 2011, 21:47
After seeing the new Lara, she can do whatever she wants to me, anytime! :D:D:nut::lmao:

Ha, you naughty.:D

Natla
6th Jun 2011, 05:50
Maybe she contacted these guys on her iPhone http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewelry_Television and they left it at the Lost Island Post Office.

Gemma_Darkmoon_
7th Jun 2011, 01:34
Maybe she will find it on a dead crew member. All the recent released content without it all seems to be from right at the start of the game.

Pulse
7th Jun 2011, 17:55
In the gameplay demo and in demo screenshots she's wearing it...

Denis..
7th Jun 2011, 23:05

wait a minute is it the thing she wears in the render?
it's this pendant im holding right now right?

btw some comments now are just hilarious! hahahaha
and this natla guy surely got humor!

QiX
8th Jun 2011, 04:53
wait a minute is it the thing she wears in the render?
it's this pendant im holding right now right?

btw some comments now are just hilarious! hahahaha
and this natla guy surely got humor!

Although I disagree with 110% of Natla's ideas this forum wouldn't be the same without his jokes. Just like the other Natla, he is immortal (if provided with a big enough supply of eitr, of course) :)

Gemma_Darkmoon_
9th Jun 2011, 00:30
Although I disagree with 110% of Natla's ideas

I have to say that Natla is one of the forum members I find myself agreeing with the most. He always has sensible and great views on things so often expressing what I think in a more humourous way.

QiX
9th Jun 2011, 05:49
I have to say that Natla is one of the forum members I find myself agreeing with the most. He always has sensible and great views on things so often expressing what I think in a more humourous way.

We all love him, agreeing with him or not. He definitely knows how to bring themes for debate, his threads are always great. :friends:

Natla
9th Jun 2011, 05:52
Thanks everybody :D. (Does a Snoopy pleased dance.) Not sure about being called "he" but maybe my grasp of English isn't as good as I'd hoped.

QiX
9th Jun 2011, 05:56
Speak of the atlantean goddess... Sup, Natla! :wave:

Tecstar70
7th Mar 2013, 15:11
I don't think this is a plot point, but I'm spoilering it anyway.

at what point in the game does the green pendant appear on Lara's necklace? When the ship goes down in the storm it's not there, but on the island it is.

Kasumi
7th Mar 2013, 17:19
The pendant doesn't seem to have any significance. I'm guessing her final concept art wasn't finalised at the time of the trailer (it was released nearly 2 years ago I think) and the pendant wasn't there at the time.

Tecstar70
7th Mar 2013, 17:42
The pendant doesn't seem to have any significance. I'm guessing her final concept art wasn't finalised at the time of the trailer (it was released nearly 2 years ago I think) and the pendant wasn't there at the time.

No, I mean in the game. Look for yourself - its not there at the start. (maybe Im seeing things or reading too much into it! :nut: )

Cristiavano
7th Mar 2013, 21:25
No, I mean in the game. Look for yourself - its not there at the start. (maybe Im seeing things or reading too much into it! :nut: )

i think someone in-game they mentioned Lara found it on an expedition with her father but i'm not sure.

Kipp
30th Mar 2013, 20:38
..buuuuut why is Lara missing her little green charm on her necklace in the CG cutscenes? I was thinking that perhaps she finds it on the island (and I just forgot), so I made a new game file to investigate. After Lara washes up on shore from the Endurance sinking, you can see that she already has the charm on her necklace.

Keep in mind, this is just a silly obsersation, and I'm only curious. ^^; I love all of the little details that CD put into Tomb Raider. Dirt, blood, multiple scars appearing on Lara as you get further into the game. I just found it silly if they forgot to put the charm in. :p

meimeiriver
30th Mar 2013, 21:00
It's like her watch (as others have observed): sometimes it's rendered, at other times it isn't. No biggie. Personally, as long as they don't forget to render her face, it's all good. :)

Rai
30th Mar 2013, 21:33
The Trailer was made by Visual Works and quite some time ago, obviously. It's possible that Crystal had not decided to add the pendant in the very opening scenes yet, maybe there was intention there for Lara to gain it later. Or Visual Works just didn't add it in. You'll also notice the pendant shrinks considerably from Lara's time on the Endurance to being washed up on the island. just watch Sam's video footage of the Endurance crew ;) :p

Kipp
30th Mar 2013, 22:13
It's like her watch (as others have observed): sometimes it's rendered, at other times it isn't. No biggie. Personally, as long as they don't forget to render her face, it's all good. :)

I never noticed the watch missing. Thanks for pointing that out! I'll have to go check the next time I play. :p

The Trailer was made by Visual Works and quite some time ago, obviously. It's possible that Crystal had not decided to add the pendant in the very opening scenes yet, maybe there was intention there for Lara to gain it later. Or Visual Works just didn't add it in. You'll also notice the pendant shrinks considerably from Lara's time on the Endurance to being washed up on the island. just watch Sam's video footage of the Endurance crew ;) :p

Your explanation makes sense. I hadn't thought about someone else doing the videos. I also never noticed the pendant size changing! I must check that out as well, haha. :D

Thanks for the replies! <3

Argaios
30th Mar 2013, 22:36
Well, pendant and watch are small things, seeing how different Lara's face is in CGI sequences to the in game Lara.
Early in development they scanned face of actress/model Megan Farquhar, and she looks much closer to CGI model, while in game Lara has a lot of changes.

Relight-TRHQ
30th Mar 2013, 23:03
I never noticed the watch missing. Thanks for pointing that out! I'll have to go check the next time I play. :p
Watch thread here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=132419) :D

You'll also notice the pendant shrinks considerably from Lara's time on the Endurance to being washed up on the island. just watch Sam's video footage of the Endurance crew ;) :p
Oh LOL I never noticed that! It's just the one Endurance video, in the other one it's the "correct" size.

jaldew_tr-pendant.jpg