PDA

View Full Version : Whats Lara got on her iPhone?

ltshaunbrownuk
4th Jun 2011, 01:04
Well as we can see in the trailer lara is listening to some music via her iPhone 4 :P (I have 1 too) anyway what music do you think she is listening to? An what apps do you think she has on here iPhone?

Here she is listening to the music in a image I have put together from the trailer!!

What music do you have on your iPhone or iPod and whats your game centre name ill add you so I can kick ur behind at something :P. BTW NICE KITTY HEHE!

LC is Me
4th Jun 2011, 01:15
Angry Birds.

Silvermoth
4th Jun 2011, 04:00
Oh yeah I didn't notice that kitty! How cute! I need to do a stop motion replay of the trailer so I can take in all the details!

As I said in another thread I reckon she loves alot of British pop like Jessie J and Lilly Allen definetly but I can also see her getting into American pop like Rihanna and Lady Gaga as well as classical music like Wagner because it's powerful and classy like her.

As for apps, I have no idea. She'd probably have weather apps etc, just about anything Bear Grylls would have, who I would imagine she would be very fond of.

Ants_27_
4th Jun 2011, 08:43
She will listen to the very brilliant and utterly British:

David Bowie, the only music I have on my iphone as I don't put any on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-_30HA7rec

But in terms of Apps, she will have my favorite game series when I was younger:
Broken Sword
Beneath a steel sky

And for comedies sake she'll have Keith Lemons mouth board app.;)

Elliot Kane
4th Jun 2011, 08:51
Lara? She's listening to The Pretty Reckless. Obviously. Nothing Left To Lose once she's on the island :D

Lara's definitely a Rock fan. No question in my mind at all! :D

Danielsun_
4th Jun 2011, 08:59
she is listening to Queen, don't stop me now :p

Sina_Croft
4th Jun 2011, 09:34
loltopic :p Why not
k8F3UE9qFsg :lol:!!!

Danielsun_
4th Jun 2011, 10:00
I think Madenice takes the cake here lol

Greenas
4th Jun 2011, 10:25
ALTERNATIVE!!!! PLEEASE BE ALTERNATIVE!!!

Btw all smartphones have that shape now, there's no guarantee that it's an iPhone 4. I'm actually hoping it's not. Viva Android!!!

andrew90
4th Jun 2011, 10:34
We don't know for sure that it's an Iphone 4, it colud be any smarth phone.
Anyway I think she was listening to U2 or NIN(Nine Inch Nails), I think she likes those bands.

Sina_Croft
4th Jun 2011, 10:37
Hehe:p

But for real, I believe she's listening to some electro song @ 0:37 :p

Btw all smartphones have that shape now, there's no guarantee that it's an iPhone 4.

Indeed :p

ltshaunbrownuk
4th Jun 2011, 11:05
We don't know for sure that it's an Iphone 4, it colud be any smarth phone.
Anyway I think she was listening to U2 or NIN(Nine Inch Nails), I think she likes those bands.

I know it's an iPhone because the case has a speck logo on and a few months ago they ran a competition at game informer giving Lara Croft Speck Designed iPhone and iPod cases away :P. An since the back is flat and has the cam hole I'm more sure it's an iPhone (also due to thickness!).

http://s0rotq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p4xjI3XgrHn7q5QClEjp-hVtCxgunnJeNJbdQGnWucFhHy1uzslJlyTHHL1uk2PsIjW3-dWTW0tRs4d4G052VfihN7v5L73Fz/speck.jpg?psid=1

Competition was here as you can see: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/contests/archive/2010/12/28/speck-limited-edition-sweepstakes.aspx

Any1 here enter that competition I did but I think I did not win because it must of been America only :(. It must be eidos's was to say thanks to speck or something!

WinterSoldierLTE
4th Jun 2011, 11:45
I think she would probably listen to all types of music. Bit of dubstep perhaps, then a bit of Opeth, a bit of cultural music from India or wherever. I don't picture her being a fan of country for some reason. Maybe some of the newer artist such as Taylor Swift for example, but not Conway Twitty or Garth Brooks. Oh, and definately no Jonas Brothers. Just can't see her giving props to Jo Bro. Call me kooky call me crazy, but I don't see it. Then again, she's younger nowadays...

andrew90
4th Jun 2011, 12:19
I know it's an iPhone because the case has a speck logo on and a few months ago they ran a competition at game informer giving Lara Croft Speck Designed iPhone and iPod cases away :P. An since the back is flat and has the cam hole I'm more sure it's an iPhone (also due to thickness!).

{pic}

Competition was here as you can see: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/contests/archive/2010/12/28/speck-limited-edition-sweepstakes.aspx

Any1 here enter that competition I did but I think I did not win because it must of been America only :(. It must be eidos's was to say thanks to speck or something!

Good then,I like Iphone 4, I'm thinkin getting one for myself, and so I,m glad she has one:)

IvanaKC
4th Jun 2011, 13:43
she is listening to Queen, don't stop me now :p

That's right! *high five*

I think she would listen to Coldplay, Muse and especially The Beatles because it's classy, British and not too popular. Lara is not a typical girl so she would listen to the different music.

Natla
6th Jun 2011, 05:52
Justin Bieber

Cristiavano
12th Jun 2011, 18:06
maybe she was having a video chat??? anyway i noticed she looks a bit waxy in some scenes her lips are fine the skin has something to it. anyway i keep on thinking the earphone wires are highlights

Blackfire
12th Jun 2011, 18:08
Angry birds, isn't it obvious?
Or talking carl.

Maybe even funny cat videos on youtube.

MaxRaider
19th Jul 2011, 17:38
I think she's listening to Natalia Kills. And she probably has a calorie counter. Lol.

dark7angel
19th Jul 2011, 20:21
She's watching thelonelyisland videos:

(Madenice already posted the one I wanted - I'm on a boat - so I'll post this one 'cause it's just pure awesomeness!!!!)

GI6CfKcMhjY

WinterSoldierLTE
19th Jul 2011, 23:39
I think she's listening to Natalia Kills. And she probably has a calorie counter. Lol.

LoL Well who doesn't leave their home to go on a cruise to the Devil's Triangle w/o a calorie counter? That's just essential packing right there. I dare say it's even more important then "mad money" or a fanny pack.

Sina_Croft
26th Jul 2011, 22:16
She's watching thelonelyisland videos:

(Madenice already posted the one I wanted - I'm on a boat - so I'll post this one 'cause it's just pure awesomeness!!!!)

<jack sparrow video>

Hehe :rasp: That one is also sooo awesome!! :D xD Also, the band name is so fitting well!! :lol:

VOLCOM20lovesLARA
29th Jul 2011, 15:22
from the quick bit in the trailer,
Lara was most definitely listening to techno.
i say this only because even if you have Beats by Dr. Dre,
there's a lot of different beats in techno songs, and it can get
a bit of a static.

hiMe
29th Jul 2011, 17:20
She was on the Tomb Raider forums, smirking at what we're guessing at... >>;

LadyRufina
29th Jul 2011, 17:23
I hope she's not a techno or metal girl :(

I'd prefer her to be a jazz/classical/oldies/rock n roll kinda girl. After all she comes from a very privilidged background and she's a countess (maybe in this one) and it's not a stereotype but I just think a girl of her background would prefer that kind of music...

Elliot Kane
29th Jul 2011, 17:35
I hope she's not a techno or metal girl :(

I'd prefer her to be a jazz/classical/oldies/rock n roll kinda girl. After all she comes from a very privilidged background and she's a countess (maybe in this one) and it's not a stereotype but I just think a girl of her background would prefer that kind of music...

That's just a stereotype. If Lara is a modern girl, chances are she'd be listening to modern music, and Lara being more independent minded than most that probably means acts like Marina & The Diamonds or Eliza Doolittle who are at the quirkier end of the pop market (Not to mention the singer/songwriter more talented end).

On the other hand, there's a pretty good chance she's friends with Joss Stone, who seems to know everybody :D

d1n0_xD
29th Jul 2011, 17:35
Well, metal never harmed anybody :D I would love if she's into metal (now, most people think that metal is like: RAAAAARG I HATE JESUS, SATAN, I LOVE YOU AAARG type of singing), but you know, Lara would probably listen to Metallica (Nothing else matters, Fade to black, One, The day that never comes) or Nightwish... Pearl Jam! Lara would listen to Pearl Jam :D

There are many options here xD

Ants_27_
29th Jul 2011, 17:52
Adding to my last selection we have:

One of the best Pop songs ever written:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGA_rZxIV0

Disturbed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gXhZXtMxu4

Michael Jackson:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAi3VTSdTxU&ob=av2e

d1n0_xD
29th Jul 2011, 17:54
Adding to my last selection we have:

Disturbed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gXhZXtMxu4

One of their best songs! :thumb:

Elliot Kane
29th Jul 2011, 18:13
Well, metal never harmed anybody :D I would love if she's into metal (now, most people think that metal is like: RAAAAARG I HATE JESUS, SATAN, I LOVE YOU AAARG type of singing), but you know, Lara would probably listen to Metallica (Nothing else matters, Fade to black, One, The day that never comes) or Nightwish... Pearl Jam! Lara would listen to Pearl Jam :D

There are many options here xD

NO NWOBHM? What kind of a Metal fan ARE you? :D

LadyRufina
29th Jul 2011, 18:52
That's just a stereotype. If Lara is a modern girl, chances are she'd be listening to modern music, and Lara being more independent minded than most that probably means acts like Marina & The Diamonds or Eliza Doolittle who are at the quirkier end of the pop market (Not to mention the singer/songwriter more talented end).

On the other hand, there's a pretty good chance she's friends with Joss Stone, who seems to know everybody :D

Personally I love Marina & The Diamonds and Eliza Doolittle, but I don't see Lara liking that kind of music. I think Marina is maybe a bit too girly for Lara, i mean you wouldn't think her to listen to 'Oh No!' for example... And to some extent I do think the kind of background you're from can determine things like your choice of music genre. Joss Stone however, is a very different artist to M&TD and ED and I think that's the kind of music she'd be into, i.e: Alicia Keys, Adele etc...

dark7angel
29th Jul 2011, 19:15
Lara is listening to some 80's classics! She could be a fan of Guns n' Roses :cool:

1w7OgIMMRc4

Elliot Kane
29th Jul 2011, 19:25
Personally I love Marina & The Diamonds and Eliza Doolittle, but I don't see Lara liking that kind of music. I think Marina is maybe a bit too girly for Lara, i mean you wouldn't think her to listen to 'Oh No!' for example... And to some extent I do think the kind of background you're from can determine things like your choice of music genre. Joss Stone however, is a very different artist to M&TD and ED and I think that's the kind of music she'd be into, i.e: Alicia Keys, Adele etc...

Background can make some difference, but I think general culture makes more of a difference. Judging from the gossip columns, the young people from Lara's background are more likely into stuff you can dance to after getting seriously drunk.

Lara being Lara, I think she'd make her own rules, and the opinions of others be darned. She's not someone who would follow the crowds in some misguided attempt to be popular so she'd decide for herself what she liked and what she didn't.

Therefore, a very eclectic taste. Some popular, some not. Joss Stone is quite possibly the best non-Classical singer in the world today (Nothing mortal beats Hayley Westenra) and anyone who rates by singing voice over other qualities would surely listen to her.

Marina (Though she'd doubtless hate the comparison) is kind of like a British Taylor Swift - her songs are confessional and very personal in nature, and words and music both are largely her own work. Unlike Taylor, though, the meaning behind the songs is probably more important to Marina. So those who like more than music in their music might choose Marina.

Eliza is just quirky squared. There can't be too many people who listen to her songs without wondering how in heck she comes up with all the stuff she does. Interesting quirkiness rules, there.

As for Taylor Swift, well, young women relate totally to her songs, I am reliably informed. About the only thing holding her back outside of the US is the stupidity of 'international editions', where Taylor's distinct and unique sound is made more generic to appeal to non-US audiences. Ridiculous that her own people don't understand her appeal.

In terms of Classical and/or Opera, if we think Lara would favour that area, the obvious is the incomparable Hayley Westenra, though on the male singer side Nathan Gunn is pretty near incomparable himself. Faryl Smith one might regard as the young challenger - full of promise and already better than most, but still very young and learning her art.

If she's into Rock, she'd doubtless love The Pretty Reckless, who are probably the best new Hard Rock band to emerge this century. If Metal, she'll be glad The Darkness are getting back together again.

Then there are the up-and-comers. Alex Roots, Edei, Sarah Solovay, Lauren Alexander, Tiffany Page, Magazine Gap - the stars of the future that only a real music obsessive would even know about...

(Spot the music obsessive! :D)

To really hook into who Lara is, one should need to look no further than her iPod. But that's kinda hard to reverse-engineer, as we don't know who 'New Lara' is, yet.

Fun trying, though! :D

LadyRufina
29th Jul 2011, 20:20
Background can make some difference, but I think general culture makes more of a difference. Judging from the gossip columns, the young people from Lara's background are more likely into stuff you can dance to after getting seriously drunk.

Lara being Lara, I think she'd make her own rules, and the opinions of others be darned. She's not someone who would follow the crowds in some misguided attempt to be popular so she'd decide for herself what she liked and what she didn't.

Therefore, a very eclectic taste. Some popular, some not. Joss Stone is quite possibly the best non-Classical singer in the world today (Nothing mortal beats Hayley Westenra) and anyone who rates by singing voice over other qualities would surely listen to her.

Marina (Though she'd doubtless hate the comparison) is kind of like a British Taylor Swift - her songs are confessional and very personal in nature, and words and music both are largely her own work. Unlike Taylor, though, the meaning behind the songs is probably more important to Marina. So those who like more than music in their music might choose Marina.

Eliza is just quirky squared. There can't be too many people who listen to her songs without wondering how in heck she comes up with all the stuff she does. Interesting quirkiness rules, there.

As for Taylor Swift, well, young women relate totally to her songs, I am reliably informed. About the only thing holding her back outside of the US is the stupidity of 'international editions', where Taylor's distinct and unique sound is made more generic to appeal to non-US audiences. Ridiculous that her own people don't understand her appeal.

In terms of Classical and/or Opera, if we think Lara would favour that area, the obvious is the incomparable Hayley Westenra, though on the male singer side Nathan Gunn is pretty near incomparable himself. Faryl Smith one might regard as the young challenger - full of promise and already better than most, but still very young and learning her art.

If she's into Rock, she'd doubtless love The Pretty Reckless, who are probably the best new Hard Rock band to emerge this century. If Metal, she'll be glad The Darkness are getting back together again.

Then there are the up-and-comers. Alex Roots, Edei, Sarah Solovay, Lauren Alexander, Tiffany Page, Magazine Gap - the stars of the future that only a real music obsessive would even know about...

(Spot the music obsessive! :D)

To really hook into who Lara is, one should need to look no further than her iPod. But that's kinda hard to reverse-engineer, as we don't know who 'New Lara' is, yet.

Fun trying, though! :D

But we have to remember that Lara is fresh out of Uni, she's a normal girl, she isn't some out-of-place anarchist. I think she would just like the normal music of her era, (though I really can't imagine her listening to rap) I know she is still a little more adventurous and strong-willed than what society would call a 'normal' person but I think she will like the every-day Joss Stone or Alicia Keys not because she wants to be with the 'in' crowd. There's a word for people who go against the majority of what society think only because it makes them think they're more intelligent than everyone else but I can't remember what it is...

d1n0_xD
29th Jul 2011, 20:52
NO NWOBHM? What kind of a Metal fan ARE you? :D

Hahahah that's why I said there are plenty of options, so I wouldn't have to name them all XD (it would seem like I'm forcing :p) But NWOBHM nonetheless, especially Iron Maiden or Girlschool, they're awesome :D (I'm saying what would Lara be likely to listen, I listen all kinds of metal... all kinds of music :D )

Lara is listening to some 80's classics! She could be a fan of Guns n' Roses :cool:

1w7OgIMMRc4

They came to my mind too :thumb: AC/DC, Queen, Deep Purple as well :D

Elliot Kane
29th Jul 2011, 20:57
But we have to remember that Lara is fresh out of Uni, she's a normal girl, she isn't some out-of-place anarchist. I think she would just like the normal music of her era, (though I really can't imagine her listening to rap) I know she is still a little more adventurous and strong-willed than what society would call a 'normal' person but I think she will like the every-day Joss Stone or Alicia Keys not because she wants to be with the 'in' crowd. There's a word for people who go against the majority of what society think only because it makes them think they're more intelligent than everyone else but I can't remember what it is...

'Pretentious' would work :D

If Lara is to be a mainstream girl, we're likely back to Marina, Eliza, Adele, etc. (And **shudder** boybands and girlbands! :D)

D1no,

Now you're talking! :D

WinterSoldierLTE
29th Jul 2011, 23:34
Yeah, I can see her digging Maiden's "Rime Of The Ancient Mariner". Besides the fact that it rocks, it's also good storytelling of a classic tale. Can't say as I picture her listening to Danzig or even MegadetH tho (wish I could 'cos that'd be sweet). I can also picture her listening to old school N.W.A. for some reason. I suppose mainly because they're quite popular with the young crowd at the pool hall here in town on Friday & Saturday nights. Quite bizarre, really, but I'm an old school rap fan, so it's cool.

d1n0_xD
30th Jul 2011, 04:51
I'm an old school rap fan, so it's cool.

High-five :D

sierra xb
30th Jul 2011, 05:11
I don't have much of an idea about what she's got on her iPhone, but I'd love to see some Blackmore's Night on there...talk about something different :) If her musical taste is anything at all like mine, she'd have just about every music genre ever invented. One way or the other, I definitely see some Vivaldi.

Elliot Kane
30th Jul 2011, 07:19
I don't have much of an idea about what she's got on her iPhone, but I'd love to see some Blackmore's Night on there...talk about something different :) If her musical taste is anything at all like mine, she'd have just about every music genre ever invented. One way or the other, I definitely see some Vivaldi.

Can't get much more different than a fusion of Medieval style music and Rock, that's for sure! Candace Night has a gorgeous voice, too! (Though I guess she's Candace Blackmore, these days).

sierra xb
30th Jul 2011, 16:48
Can't get much more different than a fusion of Medieval style music and Rock, that's for sure! Candace Night has a gorgeous voice, too! (Though I guess she's Candace Blackmore, these days).

lol, so true...not sure if you can get more unique than that. I'm a huge Blackmore's Night fan....Candace's voice and Ritchie's guitar together...it's perfect. I keep wanting to go to one of their concerts, but they don't play the west coast often. In any case, it is that totally unique sound that makes me think that Lara would enjoy it also.

Elliot Kane
30th Jul 2011, 17:39
lol, so true...not sure if you can get more unique than that. I'm a huge Blackmore's Night fan....Candace's voice and Ritchie's guitar together...it's perfect. I keep wanting to go to one of their concerts, but they don't play the west coast often. In any case, it is that totally unique sound that makes me think that Lara would enjoy it also.

Very, very hard to get their stuff in England. I have a whole one album. Fortunately, there is YouTube :)

LadyRufina
31st Jul 2011, 20:51
I really don't want her to be into metal music, that'll ruin the whole 'innocent' thing she has going on. And YES, people that are into metal can be innocent but it's a game so it'll fit into that stereotype...

hiMe
1st Aug 2011, 15:38
I totally agree. I think metal music puts too much stress onto the way she was brought up.

If anything she would like the Globus type of music at the most. Like opera/pop. But that's it.

IvanaKC
1st Aug 2011, 18:01
I definitely think she has something like this on her iPhone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHtfRJcWNhI
I don't know what genre it is, but you know what I mean. Not too slow, not too fast (although I would like Lara to be into metal music).

dark7angel
1st Aug 2011, 18:13
This:

rbTozgoj9OQ

Elliot Kane
1st Aug 2011, 18:51
Going with Alex on reflection. Not only is she incredibly talented, but she has a great mix of fast and slow, Pop & Rock:

5nzAJHbvmeo

(REALLY needs to release her album, though!)

HermioneSnape
3rd Aug 2011, 14:34
I'd hope that she'd listen to Metallica and Nirvana, because they are awesome. I would tell you what I thought of the above video, but I can't find my headphones...

d1n0_xD
3rd Aug 2011, 16:51
^ Hermione, I like you already :D

Irish
3rd Aug 2011, 17:55
"I just had sex" by The Lonely Island

LadyRufina
3rd Aug 2011, 21:25
Wow, seems like a lot of fans of Lara are fans of metal music as well... I wonder if there is some correlation going on there. I hate metal music myself but I'm not a lover of music as there is nothing other than Alicia Keys and Adele out there right now, I prefer golden oldies but i'm just weird :\

WinterSoldierLTE
3rd Aug 2011, 22:36
Wow, seems like a lot of fans of Lara are fans of metal music as well... I wonder if there is some correlation going on there. I hate metal music myself but I'm not a lover of music as there is nothing other than Alicia Keys and Adele out there right now, I prefer golden oldies but i'm just weird :\

Ailcia Keys rocks! Tho I must admit I didn't care for her last album much. Felt less inspired then the others to me for some reason. Nothing wrong with golden oldies, either. Nice to check in on The Letterman, Hermin's Hermits and refresh oneself on the roots of it all now and then.

LadyRufina
4th Aug 2011, 13:45
i think her last album was probably the best! I loved all the tracks on that one :)

LC is Me
4th Aug 2011, 15:30

So liking metal or rock music makes you an out-of-place anarchist?
That's a large jump to make. I certainly don't feel like an anarchist. :scratch:
That's like saying black people should only listen to rap music.
I think Lara is a person who would be a bit more eclectic as it's been stated. She may be fresh out of Uni, but that shouldn't mean anything. With her interests, I wouldn't be surprised if she had tribal drums from Africa on her iPod. Listening to a certain style of music doesn't make you a crazy hooligan. Acting like a crazy hooligan makes you a crazy hooligan.

Besides, what's "normal" music anyway? LOL.
With all the different styles and genres, you can't really define one artists or sound as "normal" based on your own taste because there simply is no norm.

sierra xb
4th Aug 2011, 16:00
That's a large jump to make. I certainly don't feel like an anarchist. :scratch:
I think Lara is a person who would be a bit more eclectic as it's been stated. She may be fresh out of Uni, but that shouldn't mean anything. With her interests, I wouldn't be surprised if she had tribal drums from Africa on her iPod. Listening to a certain style of music doesn't make you a crazy hooligan. Acting like a crazy hooligan makes you a crazy hooligan.

With all the different styles and genres, you can't really define one artists or sound as "normal" based on your own taste because there simply is no norm.

Exactly...Lara's very nature makes her the kind of person that would not fit into anyone elses "mold" when it come to style of any sort, music included. Lara's interests are defined by who Lara is as a person, not because she is young, or went to university, or the group of people she might have spent time with. This is why I found it difficult to imagine what kind of music she might enjoy listening to. I know what kind of music I HOPE she listens to, based on my own interests (because we all want Lara to be a little like us, and vice versa) but realistically, Lara will always do her own thing. As LC said, her musical tastes possibly include practically everything imaginable, and probably some stuff that none of us have even heard of before.

Elliot Kane
4th Aug 2011, 16:48
I tend to agree with LC & Sierra.

Whatever else Lara is, she's a bit of an outsider and determined to go her own way - that much we know has been kept, as the new background pretty much says so (What little we know of it so far!).

I don't see any way that won't extend to music. She'll listen to what she likes, and other people can accept that or go howl...

d1n0_xD
4th Aug 2011, 16:51
This is why I found it difficult to imagine what kind of music she might enjoy listening to.

Exactly, and we all think: 'Well, maybe she could listen to [insert what you like here]" and then someone rejects that because that's not Lara and that someone rejects that and so on... I think we should all agree she listens to aliens speaking :D

Edit:

That's a large jump to make. I certainly don't feel like an anarchist.

I noticed that too. People really have a wrong picture about metal.

LadyRufina
4th Aug 2011, 22:35

Actually if you read all the posts before jumping to conclusions I wasn't calling people that are into metal music anarchists I was calling people who listen to a genre of music that isn't popular because they don't want to fit into the mould as in the possible new Lara an archist. As I say again: :mad2: read all the posts before you insinuate because you can make yourself look stupid...

IvanaKC
4th Aug 2011, 22:39

I totally agree with you on that. I listen to metal music and don't feel like anarchist. That's probably because people are not used to that 'screaming' and whenever someone mentiones metal, they immediately think of black clothes and spikes and all those stuff.

Lara should definitley have some metal music on her iPhone, and in fact, I wouldn't mind seeing her wearing black clothes and spikes! :D

LadyRufina
4th Aug 2011, 22:48
I totally agree with you on that. I listen to metal music and don't feel like anarchist. That's probably because people are not used to that 'screaming' and whenever someone mentiones metal, they immediately think of black clothes and spikes and all those stuff.

Lara should definitley have some metal music on her iPhone, and in fact, I wouldn't mind seeing her wearing black clothes and spikes! :D

Read my post. LC made an error that was completely irrelivant to my post. This is why metal has that 'black clothes and spikes' stigma attatched; because people that are into that genre are automatically defensive and as soon as they see a comment that may be completely irrelivant, they blindly attack it :mad2:

IvanaKC
4th Aug 2011, 22:54
Read my post. LC made an error that was completely irrelivant to my post. This is why metal has that 'black clothes and spikes' stigma attatched; because people that are into that genre are automatically defensive and as soon as they see a comment that may be completely irrelivant, they blindly attack it :mad2:

Yeah, I read it. But I'm not attacking you or anything. It's the same with other genres.

LadyRufina
4th Aug 2011, 23:01
^ Not talking about you Ivana, just in general...

LC is Me
5th Aug 2011, 00:16
Actually if you read all the posts before jumping to conclusions I wasn't calling people that are into metal music anarchists I was calling people who listen to a genre of music that isn't popular because they don't want to fit into the mould as in the possible new Lara an archist. As I say again: :mad2: read all the posts before you insinuate because you can make yourself look stupid...

I read all of your posts, first of all.
Second of all, I was referring to what you said in the post I quoted in which you didn't specify that that is what you referring to.

Third, you should learn the definition of anarchy before tossing it around because while I know what you mean, you are using the wrong term.
Lastly, you have no right to say anyone is insinuating anything when you yourself have done the same. And no one was being defensive, I was simply explaining that your idea of "She is a countess so she should be this way" is a little to dry for a person like Lara. You are taking what I said too seriously and making it seem like I am jumping on you for what you think is me being offended. I was just making a point.

WinterSoldierLTE
5th Aug 2011, 00:58
Oh, I just noticed the controversial post. Right then, here's my two cents: No one listens to metal to be seen as "The Outsider" or "Bucking The Norm To Try And Be Cool". The wonderfull thing about metal is that it really is one big family. For all it's sub-genres and spin-offs, it really is one united community. Whether you listen to Metallica, Cannibal Corpse, or Avenged Sevenfold, when you're metal, you're in the family. Some people may get turned on to metal for different reasons is all. It could be a kid having problems at home and no one listens and he or she needs a way to vent and let some negative energy out in a positive way, yeah, or it could be a guitar nut who's absolutely fascinated with John Petrucci's use and tweaking of scales, and some people just like the varying depth of metal lyrics. But at the end of the day, it's all family. If it's a family of outsiders, so be it, but they're not being outsiders just to be outsiders, and nobody puts on an Iron Maiden album to feel like they're alone in the world. It's one of the most uniting, honest, thought provoking and meaningfull genres of music. And I say that as someone who listens to and enjoys all genres of music regularly. It's just not everyone's cup of tea is all, and that's alright. Diversity makes the world an interesting place.

I suppose only one equation comes to mind for non-metal heads: Metal is like when you meet someone for the first time. Look past the surface, find the heart and soul, and THEN pass a judgement.

Now, with all that being said, if some ****er burns down a church or kills someone because he thought it would be cool because he heard about it in a metal song, he's just a dumb **** that probably gave off warning signs of a short fuse that should've been tended to long before he acted. Because with everything I stated above, metal is also entertainment. And those who can't recognize that and take things too far are not in touch with themselves, humanity, or more importantly: reality. Every human being on Earth, from the day we're born until the day we die, knows there are certain things you DO NOT do. Metal just talks about them, it's never said "Yeah, go do it".

And I'm not calling anyone out with this post, taking sides, or anything like that. I'm just giving my opinion/perspective, and that's all I'm gonna say about it. I'm cool with everyone here and do hope I've not offended anyone as that was not my intent. Cheers all!

Oh, and on topic I really don't see why Lara wouldn't listen to all sorts of music from different cultures as well. She's obviously curious about other cultures and the world in general, so I'm sure she'd research a few culture's music and find a few she'd dig.

GunsandGrapple
5th Aug 2011, 02:36
Well as we can see in the trailer lara is listening to some music via her iPhone 4 :P (I have 1 too) anyway what music do you think she is listening to? An what apps do you think she has on here iPhone?

Here she is listening to the music in a image I have put together from the trailer!!

What music do you have on your iPhone or iPod and whats your game centre name ill add you so I can kick ur behind at something :P. BTW NICE KITTY HEHE!
I have classical music and facebook

d1n0_xD
5th Aug 2011, 07:01
^
^ Nicely said, WinterSoldier :thumb:

LadyRufina
5th Aug 2011, 15:39
I read all of your posts, first of all.
Second of all, I was referring to what you said in the post I quoted in which you didn't specify that that is what you referring to.

Third, you should learn the definition of anarchy before tossing it around because while I know what you mean, you are using the wrong term.
Lastly, you have no right to say anyone is insinuating anything when you yourself have done the same. And no one was being defensive, I was simply explaining that your idea of "She is a countess so she should be this way" is a little to dry for a person like Lara. You are taking what I said too seriously and making it seem like I am jumping on you for what you think is me being offended. I was just making a point.

You say you have read all my posts but I don't think you really have; I didn't mean to comment on how 'Lara is a countess so she should act this way' in any way shape, context or form. I was simply pointing out the fact that people with political or social titles have a reputation to keep and in England they are all expected to act in a certain way. They can listen to whatever genre of music they please because quite frankly I don't care but Princes, Dukes, Countesses etc, are all thought to be 'posh' and into 'classical' or 'opera' music and because this is a game and a lot games try to fit things into the 'norm' of society because they try to be realistic, Lara should generically be into Classical music...

Elliot Kane
5th Aug 2011, 15:55
And from this I know you are not British, Lady Rufina! :D

If you really want a good idea of what the British aristocracy are like, these days, you'd do better to think of Paris Hilton than of the socially refined and utterly uptight Victorian gentleman of legend. Granted, there are a few Ivanka Trumps, too, but the idea that the aristocracy is a bastion of high culture is long extinct, unfortunately.

LadyRufina
5th Aug 2011, 16:08
And from this I know you are not British, Lady Rufina! :D

If you really want a good idea of what the British aristocracy are like, these days, you'd do better to think of Paris Hilton than of the socially refined and utterly uptight Victorian gentleman of legend. Granted, there are a few Ivanka Trumps, too, but the idea that the aristocracy is a bastion of high culture is long extinct, unfortunately.

Actually Elliot I am 100% British. English in fact :rasp:. I know there are the exceptions of Prince Harry and so on but there really is still the stigma attatched, you have to admit, you don't expect the duchess of Kent to be into metal music and if you said you did, you're a liar.

P.S. I tell a lie. I am part Italian as well, on my mothers side ;)

LadyRufina
5th Aug 2011, 16:22
And yes I admit that was a little bit off topic as the duchess of Kent is about 80 years old so lets say Mrs. Zara Phillips, she is what like 30 now? Yes, also that's a little bit older but not too old to embrace the metal genre, now as far as I know she's not into metal music...

Elliot Kane
5th Aug 2011, 16:23
Actually Elliot I am 100% British. English in fact :rasp:. I know there are the exceptions of Prince Harry and so on but there really is still the stigma attatched, you have to admit, you don't expect the duchess of Kent to be into metal music and if you said you did, you're a liar.

P.S. I tell a lie. I am part Italian as well, on my mothers side ;)

Well, being 100% English myself by way of the odd other nationality here and there, I can easily see how that could be... :D

Is the Duchess Of Kent likely to be into Metal? No. But I'm not so sure about Prince Philip. I can totally see him being a Metalhead!

Heck only knows what the Marquess Of Bath is into (He more popularly known as 'The Loins Of Longleat' :D) but I'm not seeing ordinary Pop, there... :D

EDIT: As for Zara, I could certainly see her as a Rock fan. Whether that goes as far as Metal is anyone's guess, though.

EDIT 2: You're also forgetting that there is a vey significant crossover between fans of Classical and fans of Metal. At certain points, the two genres are very close.

LadyRufina
5th Aug 2011, 16:39
Well, being 100% English myself by way of the odd other nationality here and there, I can easily see how that could be... :D

Is the Duchess Of Kent likely to be into Metal? No. But I'm not so sure about Prince Philip. I can totally see him being a Metalhead!

Heck only knows what the Marquess Of Bath is into (He more popularly known as 'The Loins Of Longleat' :D) but I'm not seeing ordinary Pop, there... :D

EDIT: As for Zara, I could certainly see her as a Rock fan. Whether that goes as far as Metal is anyone's guess, though.

EDIT 2: You're also forgetting that there is a vey significant crossover between fans of Classical and fans of Metal. At certain points, the two genres are very close.

Close in what way? I think they are the two completely different ends of the spectrum! The Marquess of Bath may be a little 'wacky' but I don't think he's a metal fan... And Rock and Metal are also two very different genres don't you think?

Elliot Kane
5th Aug 2011, 17:19
Opposite ends of the spectrum, Lady R? No. They really aren't. There's no other genre of music that Metal is closer to than Classical, and vice versa. Go listen to Ride Of The Valkyries or any of the many Classical tracks at the heavier end and you'll see what I mean. Some of the Power Metal guys are only a shade or two away from Opera at the best of times, and normal Metal isn't so very far off, either.

Which is why there is a large overlap between the fans, of course.

Rock varies a huge amount, being close to Pop at one edge, close to Country at another and sneaking close to Metal by way of Hard Rock at yet another. Like Pop itself, it's a bit of a catch-all. Technically, Metal is a sub-genre of Rock, but it has rather grown beyond that, IMO.

d1n0_xD
5th Aug 2011, 17:22
Close in what way?

symphonic metal a.k.a. opera metal ;)

And Rock and Metal are also two very different genres don't you think?

Metal is a sub-genre of rock, so they are pretty much alike ;)

LC is Me
5th Aug 2011, 17:32
Close in what way? I think they are the two completely different ends of the spectrum! The Marquess of Bath may be a little 'wacky' but I don't think he's a metal fan... And Rock and Metal are also two very different genres don't you think?

Symphonic Metal, that's how close.
:D

You say you have read all my posts but I don't think you really have; I didn't mean to comment on how 'Lara is a countess so she should act this way' in any way shape, context or form. I was simply pointing out the fact that people with political or social titles have a reputation to keep and in England they are all expected to act in a certain way. They can listen to whatever genre of music they please because quite frankly I don't care but Princes, Dukes, Countesses etc, are all thought to be 'posh' and into 'classical' or 'opera' music and because this is a game and a lot games try to fit things into the 'norm' of society because they try to be realistic, Lara should generically be into Classical music...
You can think what you want. Trying to tell me what I did and didn't read serves no purpose, especially when I did in fact read all of your posts.

Lara can still like classical music and opera. No said she couldn't.
The norm in society? Usually it's normal to be into more than one genre of music regardless of the title you have. The point I was trying to make before you tried to say I was making myself look stupid is that Lara isn't your normal type of countess, so trying to think of her that way and mold her into that "norm" type of category is going to throw people here for a loop. Lara is different. She does what she wants to and doesn't really care about gratification from other people (though one could argue otherwise in terms of her exploring). Now, that doesn't mean she is some "anarchic" young adult (it doesn't make anyone one "anarchic"), it just means she's her own person. She does, or listens, to whatever entertains her or makes her happy, not to fit some image.

I'm not attacking you or anything, I'm just really confused as to why someone would think Lara had such limited interests. Like I said, she could have music from virtually every country and culture on her iPod and no one could say a thing to her about it.

Elliot Kane
5th Aug 2011, 17:46
^ Yep. That's pretty much how I see Lara, too.

dark7angel
5th Aug 2011, 17:51
^ Yep. That's pretty much how I see Lara, too.

Me too!!! Couldn't have said it better myself! :thumb:

LadyRufina
5th Aug 2011, 19:44
Opposite ends of the spectrum, Lady R? No. They really aren't. There's no other genre of music that Metal is closer to than Classical, and vice versa. Go listen to Ride Of The Valkyries or any of the many Classical tracks at the heavier end and you'll see what I mean. Some of the Power Metal guys are only a shade or two away from Opera at the best of times, and normal Metal isn't so very far off, either.

Which is why there is a large overlap between the fans, of course.

Rock varies a huge amount, being close to Pop at one edge, close to Country at another and sneaking close to Metal by way of Hard Rock at yet another. Like Pop itself, it's a bit of a catch-all. Technically, Metal is a sub-genre of Rock, but it has rather grown beyond that, IMO.

I am quite familiar with 'Ride of the Valyries' and I have heard metal music and I still find no comparison, I really don't. I am also not attacking you LC as I feel you are not attacking me either, I just feel that games and films do fit things into the norms and I all i was just suggesting right from the start is that I don't want Lara to be into metal because it is a game and she is a countess and she comes from a royal background and people in the Royal family in general are not thought to be into metal music the same as people from a very underprivilged background are thought not thought to be into opera, which which which many very well could! I am not well off at all and I like opera. I feel I have been misinterpreted as 'All people who like metal music are anarchists' which is not what I said at all.

Elliot Kane
5th Aug 2011, 20:20
G1zkXdqcajk

Sonata Arctica. Pretty typical Power Metal, and very definitely carrying an Operatic influence in their music. They are far from alone.

A lot of Iron Maiden and the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal stuff has clear Classical influences, too.

If you're only looking at Thrash or the like, you won't find much Classical influence, but Metal is a wide genre :)

LadyRufina
5th Aug 2011, 20:26
If that ^ has operatic influences then the majority of pop music has operatic influences, im sorry I just don't get it. It maybe just be my ignorant bias to the usual italian opera piece but I don't feel opera or classical there... The only thing they have in common with Classical is the 'Sonata' in their name :\

Elliot Kane
5th Aug 2011, 20:42
Hmmm... I admit to being rather baffled that you don't hear it, Lady R. Still, I suppose people interpret music differently, sometimes :)

LadyRufina
5th Aug 2011, 20:49
I guess they do, but then, that is the whole concept of music and there is no wrong or right when it comes to music i guess :)

Elliot Kane
5th Aug 2011, 21:01
Very true! We all listen to it in different ways, and for different reasons, after all :)

If one genre doesn't speak to you but others do, well, that's life :) Be boring if we were all the same.

Silvermoth
5th Aug 2011, 22:30
Good Grief this thread is doing well!

Maybe Eidos should release a CD of Lara's favourite music when the game comes out. "Music to raid tombs by"

WinterSoldierLTE
6th Aug 2011, 00:35
Actually, there was a celebration of some sort in England 2-4 years ago that had Black Sabbath playing for the Royal Family. I forget what it was for exactly, and I've been trying but no, I can't find a video, but it did happen. And the camera panned to the Royal Family several times and got shots of not only the Prince Willam and the not-quite-as-popular-one throwing the goat \m/ and head banging, but Prince Charles as well. The footage I saw was Sabbath playing "Paranoid".

LadyRufina
6th Aug 2011, 09:28
Actually, there was a celebration of some sort in England 2-4 years ago that had Black Sabbath playing for the Royal Family. I forget what it was for exactly, and I've been trying but no, I can't find a video, but it did happen. And the camera panned to the Royal Family several times and got shots of not only the Prince Willam and the not-quite-as-popular-one throwing the goat \m/ and head banging, but Prince Charles as well. The footage I saw was Sabbath playing "Paranoid".

Oh come off it, Prince Charles head-banging? Next you'll say the Queen was too :\

d1n0_xD
6th Aug 2011, 10:03

Now THAT rocks! And it breaks the whole 'royal family' stereotype... LR, it doesn't have to be hardcore headbanging http://img.instructables.com/files/deriv/F29/63JI/F5GDQOXE/F2963JIF5GDQOXE.THUMB.gif, but you'll certainly nod your head to the beat, sometimes not even realising it :D And there were horns involved :D
And here's something: Prince William likes Linkin Park (http://www.kerrang.com/blog/2010/01/prince_william_i_like_linkin_p.html) :D

LadyRufina
6th Aug 2011, 10:46
Now THAT rocks! And it breaks the whole 'royal family' stereotype... LR, it doesn't have to be hardcore headbanging http://img.instructables.com/files/deriv/F29/63JI/F5GDQOXE/F2963JIF5GDQOXE.THUMB.gif, but you'll certainly nod your head to the beat, sometimes not even realising it :D And there were horns involved :D
And here's something: Prince William likes Linkin Park (http://www.kerrang.com/blog/2010/01/prince_william_i_like_linkin_p.html) :D

Well there's a difference between head-banging and nodding your head. I also like Linkin Park but I don't like any other metal music. Honestly, I think Linkin Park is like an exception for all people who aren't into metal because I know a few people who like Linkin Park but don't like any other metal music and don't ask why because I really don't know :scratch:

dark7angel
6th Aug 2011, 11:24

That's AWESOME!!!! I would have loved to see that!!!!

WinterSoldierLTE
6th Aug 2011, 14:26
Oh come off it, Prince Charles head-banging? Next you'll say the Queen was too :\

LoL No, she was just kind of sitting there looking proper as she always does. But there was a glint of "What the HELL am I looking at?" in her eye now and then. And yeah, I should've clarified: The two young Princes were full on headbanging while Prince Charles was doing a bit of a head-nod, which is commonly called "The Mini 'Bang". He did throw the goat tho. It was pretty cool.

Linkin Park's done all the right moves, as far as crossing boundaries and breaching a new fan base. I think when they incorporated a strong U2 vibe on "Minutes To Midnight" probably helped them achieve that the most, but they were being played on the pop station where I live even when the first album came out. Everyone digs "In The End". It's just a brilliant tune with an amazing set of lyrics.

d1n0_xD
6th Aug 2011, 14:28
^ Their last album really sucks XD

WinterSoldierLTE
6th Aug 2011, 14:38
^^ Yeah I haven't even picked it up. I heard it for free when they streamed it online the day before it came out, and it's just not my cup of tea. I didn't really like "Minutes To Midnight" much except for a couple of songs. But I figure they're well enough off financially and gaining new fans all the time, so they don't need my $15 to survive.

ADDITIONAL: I'm still looking for the vid of Sabbath playing for the Royal Family, but I can't find it. BUT, I did manage to find this as proof that I'm not making it up:

http://www.theinternetforum.co.uk/node/923

LC is Me
6th Aug 2011, 16:17

I don't headbang at all. LOL.
I'd give myself a concussion.

d1n0_xD
6th Aug 2011, 16:41
^ Hahah :D My neck and head have got used to it :lol:

amanda1908
27th Aug 2011, 14:05
rock music. definitely. maybe a few trance songs too.