PDA

View Full Version : TR 'Turning Point' Trailer!

dark7angel
27th May 2011, 14:47
Next Thursday’s GTTV E3 special will feature the world premiere of TOMB RAIDER with a CG Trailer. Sneak peek screenshots:

and

Looks sooooo AWESOME!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Now with a bigger version of the second picture! ;)

LarasFAN
27th May 2011, 14:59
dude?! this is AMAZING!!!! its so great... cant wait to see the whole trailer!

LARALOVERnr1
27th May 2011, 15:09
Flieberflurpablmashalagem :eek: *dies*

AWESOMENESSSSSSSS!!!!!

ps. is that an in-game Iphone? O_0

larafan25
27th May 2011, 15:55
^It's CGI.

Jurre
27th May 2011, 15:59
Looks really, really promising...

LARALOVERnr1
27th May 2011, 16:04
Well, is it a CGI-Iphone then?

dark7angel
27th May 2011, 16:13
Well, is it a CGI-Iphone then?

It sure looks like one with a Speck case!

LarasFAN
27th May 2011, 16:34
if you look closely, the pencil has bite marks, XD lara must have been bored :P.. also there is a camera in the bag, and the sound ear thinggie might be sony ericsson...

Abdullah10
27th May 2011, 17:32
finally i have been waiting very long time for this

thanks alot
dark7angel

Ants_27_
27th May 2011, 17:32
Stuff your CGI (not actually your CGI)... never been a fan of CGI... having said that my detest for it comes from the Cinema world, not games I guess.

Still will be intrigued as I'm sure I'll find a link about somewhere. Ta, Dark7Angel. :)

JRCHOharry
27th May 2011, 17:48
Sweet mother of mercy.

dark7angel
27th May 2011, 17:54
You welcome guys! :D

The trailer is called “Turning Point” and after it debuts on Spike Pre-E3 special it will be available on tombraider.com :D

Icetea555
27th May 2011, 18:02
so cool. How did you get that image so big.

dark7angel
27th May 2011, 18:12
so cool. How did you get that image so big.

I got them from TRF!

chriss_99
27th May 2011, 18:56
I'm falling in love all over again! :D
This is seriously amazing! I can't wait to see the trailer!

dark7angel
27th May 2011, 22:33
From officialtombraiderblog (http://officialtombraiderblog.tumblr.com/):

Hey all!

Please help spread the word. Crystal Dynamics and Spike TV have agreed to release a teaser of the Tomb Raider “Turning Point” trailer when the Tomb Raider Facebook page reaches 100,000 “Likes.” We may also have a few bonus goodies to give away at various milestones.

Thanks for your support!

- Meagan

If you guys have FB go and like it!!!! Spread the word!!!!! Like http://www.facebook.com/TombRaider

Silvermoth
27th May 2011, 23:10
100,000 likes at this point might be a bit ambitious since they're currently at 8,000 but oh my god look at that picture of Lara! She's looks amazing!

I wonder though, is "Turning Point" the official name of the new game or is it something else?

Can't wait for that teaser!

MeaganMarie
27th May 2011, 23:45

If you guys have FB go and like it!!!! Spread the word!!!!! Like http://www.facebook.com/TombRaider

You guys are quick! Thanks for helping to promote the "Like" campaign! It's ambitious, but so are TR fans :P

Driber
28th May 2011, 10:32
Cool screens! I've added them to the media thread.

dark7angel, in the future please use the forum BB code [thumb] for very large images to prevent the forum from stretching out on lower resolutions. I went ahead and fixed it in your post. You can read how to use this code here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/misc.php?do=bbcode#thumb).

You can also use my Forum Thumbnailer tool (http://driber.net/os/forumthumb.php) to do this quicker.

Stuff your CGI

lol, good luck trying to find a game without CGI, since videogames consist of nothing but computer generated images :p

dark7angel
28th May 2011, 10:39
Cool screens! I've added them to the media thread.

dark7angel, in the future please use the forum BB code [thumb] for very large images to prevent the forum from stretching out on lower resolutions. I went ahead and fixed it in your post. You can read how to use this code here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/misc.php?do=bbcode#thumb).

You can also use my Forum Thumbnailer tool (http://driber.net/os/forumthumb.php) to do this quicker.

Sorry about that, I'll try to have that in mind in the future! Thanks for fixing it for me! ;)

@Meagan: I'm also spaming some TR art groups at deviantart asking them to promote the "Like" campaign! And I also posted about it on tumblr and my dA page!!! :p
Edit: And I just convinced my brother to go and Like the page and spread the word on his FB and tell all his contacts to go and like it!!!! :D

angelus0901
28th May 2011, 13:39
Wow, can't wait to see the trailer!!

BlackThor
28th May 2011, 14:30
lol lara has an iphone. and i just crapped myself from anticipation

Angy1996
28th May 2011, 14:42
omg omg omg we will see a trailer ???? awsome awsome awsome (miss very excited asks sorry for her being so excited) i actually dont have this channel :( pfffffff i think im going to be ok with the pics!!

Driber
28th May 2011, 14:51
i actually dont have this channel :( pfffffff i think im going to be ok with the pics!!

You should read the whole thread next time ;)

...after it debuts on Spike Pre-E3 special it will be available on tombraider.com :D

josh1122
28th May 2011, 14:51
June 3rd will be interesting and it will be interesting to see if we'll get gameplay at E3. Since the CG trailer is being shown off now, I'm going to guess this will be a late 2011 release

JRCHOharry
28th May 2011, 15:11
I wonder if we'll hear Lara's voice during the trailer. Oooh I can't wait XD

Ants_27_
28th May 2011, 15:50
lol, good luck trying to find a game without CGI, since videogames consist of nothing but computer generated images :p

True, although I hate the word CGI as it always makes me rant a tiny bit about how I hate CGI in the sense of Films... well, when its used to make the job easier.;)

But I did also mean it in the sense of being somewhat disappointed by it being CGI... I've sufficient info decide on that factor if I'll buy it or not, now I just need to see some game-play which will be the contributing factor.

Sina_Croft
28th May 2011, 18:01
omgghaaaaad looks way too real xD really awesome!! :)

Denis..
28th May 2011, 20:28
oh YEAH baby, bring it on fast!

Pulse
29th May 2011, 05:32
I cannot wait :D this looks freakin BA

Angy1996
29th May 2011, 07:31
I read it i just wanted to see it on tv..thats all..;)

Ants_27_
29th May 2011, 08:16

Your advertising has paid off at least in my eyes... I shall boot up Facebook now and like.

IvanaKC
29th May 2011, 11:17

Oh my, that would be awesome. But, I'm afraid we could be disappointed...

dark7angel
29th May 2011, 17:38
Your advertising has paid off at least in my eyes... I shall boot up Facebook now and like.

Awesome!!! Help spread the word!!! :thumb:

Ants_27_
29th May 2011, 17:41
Awesome!!! Help spread the word!!! :thumb:

I shall. :)

LC is Me
29th May 2011, 17:48
fchnhtmrkvulzsdpjoiajw9fjqEfgjlh
vasdrwt
A

wat.

VOLCOM20lovesLARA
29th May 2011, 18:52
OH. MY. LORD.
I LOVE CGI!
all the past cgi clips in the Tomb Raider series have been my favorites! CANNOT wait until June 3rd.

Greenas
30th May 2011, 18:52
This has taken its time, but really I'm going to download it, put it on every single media device I have, watch it wherever I go and show it to whomever I see :D

tombraidergal
31st May 2011, 09:46
wow

AdobeArtist
1st Jun 2011, 00:57
How come when I try to save the image (Lara kneeling) the save window is saying this is an .htm file and not a .jpg ? :scratch::scratch:

How can I get this as a JPG file?

Cristiavano
1st Jun 2011, 01:09
oh! the trailer better be dramatic saying
"You knew the legend"
"Then the anniversary"-don't really need that line
"She has encountered the Underworld"
But (insert dramatic boom)
lara getting up looking around
zoom in on her eyes then she looks left to right
then another dramatic boom
in the trees you see somehting running fast
dramatic boom
lara hears a (whatever that thing is) looks behind eyes wide open and runs
then insert conrad or whatever she tries to jump off cliff
then at the last part of the clip put lara on a clip on a certain angle with thunder then lightening strikes and you see lara is black( like shadows or something)
then A survivor is born
TOMB RAIDER

BUt i doubt that will happen. Everything in my head looks so cool i just wish there was a brain machine that lets you wear a helment and convert your thoughts into a video file

Driber
1st Jun 2011, 06:46
How come when I try to save the image (Lara kneeling) the save window is saying this is an .htm file and not a .jpg ? :scratch::scratch:

How can I get this as a JPG file?

Check out the Official Media Thread, they are working properly there :)

LARALOVERnr1
2nd Jun 2011, 10:08
RAAAAAAAAARGHHHHH, THE EPISODE IS UP BUT THE WHOLE WEBSITE WON'T LOAD!!!! *dies*

EDIT: Nevermind, it was just a preview of the E3-preview :hmm:

Soma Holiday
2nd Jun 2011, 20:25

I think they have a placeholder voice atm so I doubt we will hear her in this trailer. They haven't cast her yet...or at least that's what's been suggested. They are trying hard to get the perfect voice apparently. :)

Can't wait!

Greenas
2nd Jun 2011, 21:37
How can you have a proper trailer without the protagonist's voice? I hope that either they have a really good placeholder or perhaps they have actually found their fabled voice actress :D.
But that's just me being optimistic :(...

Pulse
2nd Jun 2011, 23:22
It's only a CGI sneak peak. Underworld's sneak peek had no dialogue at all:

oluN9QNufps

Pulse
3rd Jun 2011, 05:12
I loved it :D Lara's voice came as a bit of a surprise, but it isn't bad. It's not as good as Keeley but it fits! I need to see more!!!

Elliot Kane
3rd Jun 2011, 05:35
RN7_8Yholm4

Bit surprised I was the first person to put this up!

Thoughts, everyone?

Gotta say - if the game looks like the trailer, it'll be gorgeous. Lara looks beautiful, and the scenery is stunning.

QiX
3rd Jun 2011, 05:54
[_YOUTUBE]RN7_8Yholm4[/YOUTUBE]

Bit surprised I was the first person to put this up!

Thoughts, everyone?

Gotta say - if the game looks like the trailer, it'll be gorgeous. Lara looks beautiful, and the scenery is stunning.

I guess you were the first to fully recover the breath, I'm myself still a bit dizzy. Man, what was that? Amazing, isn't it?

simulacra
3rd Jun 2011, 05:56
Looks awesome, too bad that it's pre-rendered CG, but I'm really psyched for this game! :)

josh1122
3rd Jun 2011, 06:08
I'm iffy on the voice of Lara

Pulse
3rd Jun 2011, 07:43
The actress looks and sounds like Felicity Jones, who has recently been replaced playing Emma Grundy on the BBC Radio 4 soap The Archers. (Coincidence?)

Otherwise - very Resident Evil; overly melodramatic, slightly stilted CGI acting and very, very humourless.

Well the focus of the video was a sinking ship...

But of course we can't expect an entire game to feel the same way.

Ants_27_
3rd Jun 2011, 07:56
That was my first disappointment with the news of a trailer, the CGI aspect. And I'm hoping the in-game cutscenes won't be CGI, the reason being is that I'm all about involvement and constantly flicking from one quality to another takes away that. At least for me.

But I'm actually liking that she isn't some annoyingly 'hard' character that doesn't get hurt. We might have some relation on our hands with this one.

But I'm still interested.

mushroom079
3rd Jun 2011, 08:13
FINALLY -

I was impressed by the trailer.
I was also a little nerved by the pain Lara was revealing in her face. I see what they mean.
It's quite a big change from what we are "used to".

Never the less - as long as the puzzles are a head scratcher - I will be happy.

I am excited again for this release....
BUT 2012??

WTF?
:mad2:

Ants_27_
3rd Jun 2011, 08:20
BUT 2012??

WTF?
:mad2:

It might actually be a complete game for once. No glitches, no bollocks of a story that seemed to be used just for times sake.

So they can bring it out in 2014 for all I care, providing they make it solid. As that's the problem now-a-days too many people out to make money on churned out crap. And really 2012 always was my idea release date.

JRCHOharry
3rd Jun 2011, 08:40
Dat voice <3

Deadly_Disaster
3rd Jun 2011, 08:51
First look at the trailer

RN7_8Yholm4

LARALOVERnr1
3rd Jun 2011, 09:02
she's sexy XD

Awesome trailer! Can't wait to see some more TR-awesomeness on the E3 :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Driber
3rd Jun 2011, 09:16
Awesome preview!

I've added it to the media thread, together with links to download different quality versions for offline viewing in your desktop player or to put it on your iPod/Pad to show it to all your mates at school. Get this cool video out there, guys!

I am very happy with the news that it will still take more than a year to finish.

This means that the developers are serious about making a good game, without rushing it out there with possible bugs.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

LarasFAN
3rd Jun 2011, 09:21
im actually really excited! the trailee is amazing! love the voice actress, but i really want to know who she is :/ i hope that in the next trailer we will see some scary footage :D
this trailer was amazing though :]

Denis..
3rd Jun 2011, 09:43
ok amazing video and awesome quality!
if the game looks like this then it can be the most realistic game ever hands down!

i love how she looks, beautiful and enigmatic character!

Jurre
3rd Jun 2011, 09:52
Mixed feelings. I think this is the best looking trailer I have ever seen. The visuals are the creme de la creme and Lara looks better than ever before. Having said that...

That hammy speech is awful; "I set out to find adventure but adventure found me"... Woe is me!
And what's with her bimbo voice? She makes Kim Karadashian sound like the queen of England!

Nevertheless, I am impressed by the trailer. Just dissapointed in the change of voice actress...

Ants_27_
3rd Jun 2011, 09:54
Nevertheless, I am impressed by the trailer. Just dissapointed in the change of voice actress...

To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't the voice, instead just the whole "I'm standing in place sort of thing".

Jurre
3rd Jun 2011, 10:01
To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't the voice, instead just the whole "I'm standing in place sort of thing".
Sorry, I am not sure I understand.

You mean it's the way she pronounces the lines that makes it unbearable?

Driber
3rd Jun 2011, 10:13
He means that this voice actress might just be a "stand-in"; a temporary voice until the real voice actress for Lara has been cast.

Jurre
3rd Jun 2011, 10:18
Thanks.

Well, here's hoping...

Silvermoth
3rd Jun 2011, 10:25
I loved every second of it. I loved Lara's huge leap and the expression in her eyes as she falls. This game would make an awesome movie (which I'm sure will one day be the case).

Now to bring on the gameplay trailer and the casting announcement on who is voicing Lara! I'm so elated. That was such a gorgeous trailer.

a_big_house
3rd Jun 2011, 10:29
0_0 OMG! That is amazing!
Hehe the ship has Plymouth written on it :D

Sina_Croft
3rd Jun 2011, 10:29
I loved it ! all!! The voice, the face, the feeling it gave me! Really awesome~!! :D Can't wait for the whole story! <3 :)

Elliot Kane
3rd Jun 2011, 10:36
Must admit, I thought the voiceover was far too melodramatic and that did make me wince, but as a visual spectacle I was making mental comparisons with Witcher 2, which is certainly the most beautiful game I've seen to date.

I love how Lara looks, and I love the implied vulnerability of her. This is NOT a girl who nearly dies, then shrugs a harrowing experience off with a flip of her hair and a single raised eyebrow. Lara, yes, but not as we know her...

Now we need to see some gameplay footage...

Abdullah10
3rd Jun 2011, 11:01
what a gift on my birthday

all i can say is epic

angelus0901
3rd Jun 2011, 11:11
One word. Awesome!!

Nemesis296
3rd Jun 2011, 11:15
Holy crap that was amazing...Fall 2012 is now another date I have to look forward to!

Cheeky_Charlie
3rd Jun 2011, 11:23
OMG! I can´t wait to see more trailers and hopefully a gameplay video soon! This TR reboot seems to work very fine... fine indeed!

The New Blueguy
3rd Jun 2011, 12:27
I think she sounds too old...

import_craziej2k
3rd Jun 2011, 12:31
The trailer looks great and it could have potential, she just seem to be a cheap Lara knock-off like the lookalikes some low budget eastern companies use to bypass copyright laws (so vague they're barely recognizable to who they're supposed to be) rather than the genuine article.

To avoid confusion between the new TR Lara and the classic one we should call this new one Laura Croft (jk) ;)

Greenas
3rd Jun 2011, 12:46
I loved it :D Lara's voice came as a bit of a surprise, but it isn't bad. It's not as good as Keeley but it fits! I need to see more!!!

I agree, I can easily sense how it makes Lara feel younger and more vulnerable. It is strange, but fitting, in a good way.

Ants_27_
3rd Jun 2011, 14:55
He means that this voice actress might just be a "stand-in"; a temporary voice until the real voice actress for Lara has been cast.

Ta Driber, that's what I meant Jurre.

So they might still change her voice actress, but who knows.

And I agree with the whole, I don't mind her voice on this trailer although I still think Keeley has a better voice... blame Ashes to Ashes for my bias remark.;)

The_Hylden
3rd Jun 2011, 15:53
That was pretty sweet :) Definitely looks like it's going to be something quite epic. That character model for Lara looks even better in live action. I can't see anyone complaining about her physical changes now.

I'd be surprised if this were just a place holder voice, however. You don't usually release a full-on voiced trailer when you don't have the actual talent doing it. I definitely liked her, whomever she is.

Sina_Croft
3rd Jun 2011, 16:28
they said on twitter, this will be the voice of Lara! :O :DDDD XDDDD btw, where can I play the OST already!? :D :p

The new Tomb Raider trailer contains the NEW VOICE of Lara Croft! Who she is.. we don't know YET.... Do you like the new voice?

and after seeing this trailer, I COULD NOT help myself but buying that outfit she's wearing! amaaziinngg xDXD (now I only need some weapons...:p)

Deadly_Disaster
3rd Jun 2011, 17:06
OMG! I can´t wait to see more trailers and hopefully a gameplay video soon!

talking about game play video now will be too early coz its Q2 2011 & the game will release in fall 2012 .....already 1.5yrs gap

Ants_27_
3rd Jun 2011, 17:38
and after seeing this trailer, I COULD NOT help myself but buying that outfit she's wearing! amaaziinngg xDXD (now I only need some weapons...:p)

What, you can buy it?

Well, at least I know I don't have to buy it; somehow I doubt I'd suit it.:lol:

JRCHOharry
3rd Jun 2011, 17:57
they said on twitter, this will be the voice of Lara!

And my day has been officially made.

Sina_Croft
3rd Jun 2011, 17:57
What, you can buy it?

Well, at least I know I don't have to buy it; somehow I doubt I'd suit it.:lol:

off course XD I just went to the local clothing store (H&M)
Put top white (http://files.hm.com/media/products/A01/MLA01_0750_111RC_82936.jpg)+ blue together with cargo trousers (http://files.hm.com/media/products/A01/MLA01_2416_003R_82893.jpg) and add the other stuff i already had :)

btw, this outfit isn't a no-go for male conversions ^^ you could give it a try :D I'd say a tanktop instead of a spaghetti-top ;) XD

dark7angel
3rd Jun 2011, 18:23
I just got home from University and finally got to watch the trailer!!!! Pretty AWESOME!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Ants_27_
3rd Jun 2011, 18:56
I just got home from University and finally got to watch the trailer!!!! Pretty AWESOME!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!

You are late and therefore should be banned.;)

@Madenice - Fair point. I should try it one day when something extremely great happens... in that case I generally do anything that I'm told to. Thus why my body doesn't need drunk, I'm 'naturally' 98% of the day.:lol:

Danielsun_
3rd Jun 2011, 19:10
seen the trailer and it is lovely, but does anyone know who the VA is?

andrew90
3rd Jun 2011, 19:31
This trailer is incredibly beautiful,I like it.They should do a movie like this,the graphics are extraordinary,don't you think? This game will be epic.

DamianGraham
3rd Jun 2011, 19:45
What the eff is wrong with people?! How are there 57 dislikes on youtube...seriously? I get it. I'm a die hard fan, been playing Tomb Raider since I was 5, I'm nearly 19 now. I own every game, movie, soundtrack etc. and for people to say "as a TRUE fan of the series, I don't like this, I don't like that blah blah blah" PLEASE. Trolls get out. The trailer is CG yes, but if the budget is big enough to make the trailer look that good, the game must as well. I mean look at the screenshots from the GameInformer, as well as other magazine releases. Supposedly it's nowhere near being completed and the screens looked THAT good?! C'mon. find something else to ****:mad2: and moan about. This isn't the "old games". This is new. This is the new Lara, and the new Tomb Raider. Get over it. The voice actress is good, she has.. hmm whats the word? oh right. Emotion! she was convincing and sounded like Keeley either way, so drop it. Keeley is gone. Sorry I'm ranting but seriously. Will no one EVER be pleased? CD and SE deserve a pat on the back for the work they've put forth. If I have ONE complaint... it's that i have to wait over a year to buy it. Plus you all want gameplay so bad? I'm 99.9% sure that there will be videos from E3 of the gameplay so don't get your undies in a bunch. Best Tomb Raider trailer to date, I love the emotion in it, and even found myself cringing in pain when she does. Keep up the AMAZING work CD and don't listen to the whiners, cause they obviously have nothing better to do with their lives but make enjoyable things miserable for everyone else with their negativity. :) CANT EFFING WAIT:D:D:D:D:D

VOLCOM20lovesLARA
3rd Jun 2011, 19:52
What the eff is wrong with people?! How are there 57 dislikes on youtube...seriously? I get it. I'm a die hard fan, been playing Tomb Raider since I was 5, I'm nearly 19 now. I own every game, movie, soundtrack etc. and for people to say "as a TRUE fan of the series, I don't like this, I don't like that blah blah blah" PLEASE. Trolls get out. The trailer is CG yes, but if the budget is big enough to make the trailer look that good, the game must as well. I mean look at the screenshots from the GameInformer, as well as other magazine releases. Supposedly it's nowhere near being completed and the screens looked THAT good?! C'mon. find something else to ****:mad2: and moan about. This isn't the "old games". This is new. This is the new Lara, and the new Tomb Raider. Get over it. The voice actress is good, she has.. hmm whats the word? oh right. Emotion! she was convincing and sounded like Keeley either way, so drop it. Keeley is gone. Sorry I'm ranting but seriously. Will no one EVER be pleased? CD and SE deserve a pat on the back for the work they've put forth. If I have ONE complaint... it's that i have to wait over a year to buy it. Plus you all want gameplay so bad? I'm 99.9% sure that there will be videos from E3 of the gameplay so don't get your undies in a bunch. Best Tomb Raider trailer to date, I love the emotion in it, and even found myself cringing in pain when she does. Keep up the AMAZING work CD and don't listen to the whiners, cause they obviously have nothing better to do with their lives but make enjoyable things miserable for everyone else with their negativity. :) CANT EFFING WAIT:D:D:D:D:D

oh my goodness. I could not have said it ANY better. I LOVED the trailer. so SE and CD have done an amazing job! i have fall of 2012 marked in my agenda :D

andrew90
3rd Jun 2011, 20:00
Yeah, I forgot to say that i really like the new Lara,looks voice , everything.
Hei ,don't worry about those people, there are more that liked the trailer and the new Lara:). Those few that didn't like it are not true fans.

DamianGraham
3rd Jun 2011, 20:03
Yeah, I forgot to say that i really like the new Lara,looks voice , everything.
Hei ,don't worry about those people, there are more that liked the trailer and the new Lara:). Those few that didn't like it are not true fans.

ha I know, but it annoys me. Go troll elsewhere haha theyre prolly just jealous that this game looks better than whatever game they play and love. :) I'm craving more and excited to see it in action. Hopefully there's lots of coverage at E3 :D

dark7angel
3rd Jun 2011, 20:17
You are late and therefore should be banned.;)

HEY!!!! It's not my fault that I was stuck at Uni all day!!!! :p

Anyways I really love her voice! Glad we finally got to hear her! And I can't wait for next week with E3 we surely will have some gameplay footage!!!!!

Danielsun_
3rd Jun 2011, 20:20

Anyways I really love her voice! Glad we finally got to hear her! And I can't wait for next week with E3 we surely will have some gameplay footage!!!!!

Does anyone know who she is?

DamianGraham
3rd Jun 2011, 20:20
So is this the official voice actress for the new Lara? I'd imagine so correct? Seeing as though it'd be silly to use a place holder for the debut trailer

Pulse
3rd Jun 2011, 21:13
I'm wondering what they'll be showing at E3? Hopefully gameplay *fingers crossed*

Fall 2012 is soooo far away :( I'll be sleeping for the rest of the year. Wake me up for e3 2012, okay?

IvanaKC
3rd Jun 2011, 22:28
That voice of Lara Croft is so farmiliar, I've heard it before (and I think it doesn't fit). Anyway, I hope the game won't look like this. I see too much Final Fantasy in her face. And something is unreal about her hair...

I don't know, maybe it's too early to judge. I'll just wait and see...

moliketombdestroyer
3rd Jun 2011, 23:51
question...

if this is supposed to be in the past, why does lara have an itouch? Didn't those just come out within the past 5 years? O_O

Sina_Croft
4th Jun 2011, 00:30
question...

if this is supposed to be in the past, why does lara have an itouch? Didn't those just come out within the past 5 years? O_O

haha I thought about that. But it's a full reboot, they can do whatever they want. Further, it's fictional, which also means they can do whatever they want :p There is not a real time given when it should be.

:)

LC is Me
4th Jun 2011, 01:10
Idk why, but the voice actress sounds familiar to me too.
She sounds a lot like the voice actress for Eleanor from Bioshock 2.
Maybe that's just me.

Treeble
4th Jun 2011, 01:21
For some reason her voice reminded me of Samus Aran from Metroid Other M. Don't think it's the same voice actress though.

And I thought the trailer was brilliant, after seeing this I really wish Square would do a full scale CG Tomb Raider movie.

Silvermoth
4th Jun 2011, 04:01
Idk why, but the voice actress sounds familiar to me too.
She sounds a lot like the voice actress for Eleanor from Bioshock 2.
Maybe that's just me.

I also thought that! She also sounds a bit like Emily Blunt when she gets really fired up.

Hey, who do you think it was who rescued Lara from drowning in the trailer? It couldn't be Conrad, he was on the boat, that's who Lara was running to. Thoughts?

AdobeArtist
4th Jun 2011, 04:46
Trailer - have seen. Let it be proclaimed, that in 2012, all pretenders to the acrobatic platforming/exploring genre are herby deposed.

The true heir is BACK!!!! :D

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r242/adobeartist/facepalm/satisfied_cat.jpg

monwolf
4th Jun 2011, 07:25
All I can say is.... wow! or yay! or Awesome! or any other word that could express my excitement. The trailer looked spectacular and I truly can't wait to see the end product. I just wish it wasn't so far away :(

So I've watched the trailer a gazillion times already just absorbing all the details and I am interested in one detail in particular. Around 00.23s you see a thermis that says "Sisters of Art ???" I did a google search to try and figure it out cause I'm a dork and I think it says "Sisters of Artemis'. Artemis being a Goddess who's known for her bow and hunting skills. I just thought it was interesting considering Lara will now be using a bow as well.
Just thought I'd throw that out there for the speculators lol

Sina_Croft
4th Jun 2011, 08:35
I also thought that! She also sounds a bit like Emily Blunt when she gets really fired up.

Hey, who do you think it was who rescued Lara from drowning in the trailer? It couldn't be Conrad, he was on the boat, that's who Lara was running to. Thoughts?

I was also wondering. Like, why would that guy stay behind and such. Or maybe it was Conrad, who already made the jump, while Lara was 'waking up', but that's weird too :p

Or it was a dying man (because of some injuries or such), but used his last strength to get Lara out.

Ants_27_
4th Jun 2011, 08:40

Ok, I'll let ya off.;)

As for trolls, people. Nothing is ever loved by everybody; in order for some to love it others must hate it.

Driber
4th Jun 2011, 08:54

It could very well be Conrad.

The trailer is not in chronological order. Conrad could've saved her from that closed hatch, then later they got separated again and Lara jumps towards him.

Makes sense to me...

edit: Just watched that part. It's not Conrad. The guy who pulls her up has some bracelet on his left arm. Conrad doesn't.

I also noticed some other guys on the ship too (one is behind Conrad when he waves Lara over), so it was probably just an "unnamed crew member".

Sam_kain
4th Jun 2011, 09:58
It could very well be Conrad.

The trailer is not in chronological order. Conrad could've saved her from that closed hatch, then later they got separated again and Lara jumps towards him.

Makes sense to me...

edit: Just watched that part. It's not Conrad. The guy who pulls her up has some bracelet on his left arm. Conrad doesn't.

I also noticed some other guys on the ship too (one is behind Conrad when he waves Lara over), so it was probably just an "unnamed crew member".

or maybe, just maybe, Lara's new love interest ?!, it could make sense right ?!

Driber
4th Jun 2011, 10:05
And leave him behind then?

Very short romance :D

Sina_Croft
4th Jun 2011, 10:14
Haha :p Well said Driber ^^
I also think it's probably a crewmember :p

I'm still watching the trailer over and over again. Now let me see if my computer can handle full HD :p (stupid laptop only made it to 720p.. :p)

Danielsun_
4th Jun 2011, 10:18
i gotta say that has to be the longest teaser/debut trailer ever known to gamer kind, most are about 30 seconds long that was 3mins, just hope they wont release the trailers spoiling the game like they did with underworld

Sina_Croft
4th Jun 2011, 10:31
Yeah it was long, I liked that :)

But I think we have to protect ourselves for the spoilers. But it's hard... :p

Driber
4th Jun 2011, 11:08
Now let me see if my computer can handle full HD :p (stupid laptop only made it to 720p.. :p)

In case you're using a web-based player, you should download the MP4 version of the trailer, which I posted in the media thread for offline viewing.

Online viewing (using flash) always makes videos much more slower to watch if you don't have a super fast PC ;)

Sam_kain
4th Jun 2011, 11:27
And leave him behind then?

Very short romance :D

maybe she don't want him to feel like she is depending on him too much :nut:, still he probably was running behind her, yet the devs wanted to focus on Lara not him, to keep him as a secret :D

Sina_Croft
4th Jun 2011, 11:44
Ah right, I was going to download it :p The computer handles it, but then again, I don't have a full HD screen, haha :p^^

Sina_Croft
4th Jun 2011, 11:56
Ow wait! That guy that saved her! I know! It's KURTIS!! YEAAHHH XD :lol:

IvanaKC
4th Jun 2011, 13:20
Yeah it was long, I liked that :)

But I think we have to protect ourselves for the spoilers. But it's hard... :p

I like to spoil things because that way I can't be surprised and I can easily decide if I'll buy the game or not.

Ow wait! That guy that saved her! I know! It's KURTIS!! YEAAHHH XD :lol:

If that's Kurtis, it's good that Lara ended up alone on some island. :p

Sina_Croft
4th Jun 2011, 13:29
If that's Kurtis, it's good that Lara ended up alone on some island. :p

Hahaha :P

Btw, you guys should check this out, it's giving the trailer a more dramatic feeling, instead of the narrator talking .. :
this music! with the trailer!
9CzcOcBb_ms RN7_8Yholm4

IvanaKC
4th Jun 2011, 13:50
I noticed one more thing. At the end of the trailer, there are many crushed boats (one of them was probably from 18th century because ti has sails). Do you think Lara is on some cursed island like people from Lost? I certnaly do and I'm sure she won't be alone...

Sina_Croft
4th Jun 2011, 13:52
Yeah, my thoughts exactly :)
Or something like Bermuda, where everything goes wrong. People disappear but never come back. Something like that :p

dark7angel
4th Jun 2011, 13:59
^It's the Dragon's Triangle or Devil's Sea which is a Pacific Ocean version of the Bermuda Triangle!!! :cool:

Sina_Croft
4th Jun 2011, 14:03
^It's the Dragon's Triangle or Devil's Sea which is a Pacific Ocean version of the Bermuda Triangle!!! :cool:

Alrighty! :p

Ants_27_
4th Jun 2011, 16:16
I wonder what it's actually going to look like, graphically when its finished? I mean I rarely take notice (as I'm currently playing through LA Noire in black & White).

Dead Island is also going to have one great soundtrack and for me also hold the helm for greatest game trailer.:D

tombraidergal
4th Jun 2011, 16:29
i'm actually crying. the trailer is amazing.
I CAN'T WAIT!
Gah me cries ;__;
Her voice is really strange though, i'll miss keeley hawes :/
Can't wait!

Danielsun_
4th Jun 2011, 16:31
'ya best start believe in ghost stories miss croft, you're in one!'

a slight play of words on the great quote from barbosa :p

DamianGraham
4th Jun 2011, 16:49
question...

nope not the past. The game is a Reboot. so technically speaking.. Laras Past in the old videogames is now her present. pretend they NEVER ever made a Tomb Raider game.. the one in the trailer you just saw.. is now Tomb Raider 1

RosePetals
4th Jun 2011, 19:01
Imo, the voice-acting sounds a bit overly... dramatic. But the timber of her voice sounds great! Whoever the actress is made Lara sounds so young, wide-eyed, even frightened. A big change from the older, more confident Lara.

I hope the in-game graphics is just as great. :D

It also made me wonder what kind of role will Conrad Roth play in the bigger picture.

(I'm loving Lara's iPhone 4 and Beats earphones.)

IvanaKC
5th Jun 2011, 10:24
'ya best start believe in ghost stories miss croft, you're in one!'

a slight play of words on the great quote from barbosa :p

ahahaahha :lol: I can picture him saying that in my head! :lol:

The_Hylden
6th Jun 2011, 16:52
Man, did anyone just catch the E3 teaser gameplay of Tomb Raider? That looked pretty intense.

dark7angel
6th Jun 2011, 17:04
Man, did anyone just catch the E3 teaser gameplay of Tomb Raider? That looked pretty intense.

I watched it!!!!!!!!!! It was really GREAT!!!!!!

AdobeArtist
6th Jun 2011, 18:41
Waaaaaaaaaaaaant it!!!

Natla
6th Jun 2011, 20:16
I'm faintly amused by the degree of product placement. Herbal Essences? Really? That might explain some of the "I'm being spanked" noises we heard in the gameplay exhibition from E3.

WinterSoldierLTE
6th Jun 2011, 22:18
I'm faintly amused by the degree of product placement. Herbal Essences? Really? That might explain some of the "I'm being spanked" noises we heard in the gameplay exhibition from E3.

They gotta pay the bills somehow. Long as she doesn't end up wearing a Tapout or A.D.I.D.A.S. shirt later on what's the harm? Herbal Essence is good shampoo, btw.

Sina_Croft
6th Jun 2011, 22:59
guys: GAMEPLAAAYYY W6T-nF6mfVw frigging awesome~~~:D

Cheeky_Charlie
8th Jun 2011, 05:29
Holy crap!! I want this game NOW!!! I´m getting the same tingling feeling I got from playing TR original back in 1996 and hearing for the first time about the release of TR2. Man I really hope CD doesn´t disappoint us. By the looks of the trailer and gameplay video they don´t seem to :D

Charlie.T.Raider
24th Jun 2011, 00:27
The trailer looks so good but just a pity Lara sounds so bad