PDA

View Full Version : 15,000 TR facebook likes = REWARD!

RoombelinaUK
1st Jun 2011, 03:56
http://www.facebook.com/TombRaider
Karl announced that he's rewarding the community when the page reaches it's first milestone, 15,000...Come on, people! We have thousands of TR fans & we can't even reach 100,000 likes? lol not even 15,000? Hell, I'm even more surprised there isn't another thread like this... expected the official forums to be more excited XD

dark7angel
1st Jun 2011, 08:56
I've been going like crazy spaming everyone I know with that facebook page for them to like it!!!! XD

Driber
1st Jun 2011, 12:10
Hell, I'm even more surprised there isn't another thread like this... expected the official forums to be more excited XD

You shouldn't be, this was already posted before :p

Gemma_Darkmoon_
1st Jun 2011, 13:20
Not all of us can tell the difference between a fun event for the fans and providing free advertising for Squeenix

That's just what I feel about it.

Pulse
1st Jun 2011, 19:00
There are nearly 50,000 likes on an unofficial TR page. Maybe you could spam that page telling the members to like the official one...

jaywalker2309
1st Jun 2011, 20:16
Hmm ...
Not all of us can tell the difference between a fun event for the fans and providing free advertising for Squeenix :) I'd be happier touting a game I knew something about (apart from the PR artwork).

You are far too cynical ;) theres no harm in clicking `like` to get people who do care for goodies to get them ;) E3 is here very soon :)

dark7angel
1st Jun 2011, 20:31
You are far too cynical ;) theres no harm in clicking `like` to get people who do care for goodies to get them ;) E3 is here very soon :)

Exactly!!! It just takes one little click and nothing else! Even if you don't care there's a lot of people that do!!! And we are extremely excited for getting these goodies so we don't mind helping promote the page to get them!

So if you haven't done it yet, please like this page: http://www.facebook.com/TombRaider :thumb: :flowers:

a_big_house
1st Jun 2011, 20:49
I remember someone saying about an age limit for the facebook page, maybe thats hindering a couple thousand people? I cant follow the link you posted so im not sure :/

dark7angel
1st Jun 2011, 20:59
I remember someone saying about an age limit for the facebook page, maybe thats hindering a couple thousand people? I cant follow the link you posted so im not sure :/

Yes, the facebook page has an age limit! You have to be over 17 to view the page...

Andy64
2nd Jun 2011, 01:41
Don't get me wrong I LOVE Tomb Raider and it has been one of my fav series since the very first game. Whilst I like the new direction of gameplay coming up I don't like the changes to Lara's look one bit. I am not sure CD have much like for Lara anymore or maybe they just wish she was Kate Austen instead (which she very well end up becoming). The new pics show a girl who looks nothing like Lara and the interviews suggest she won't act Lara either. It is not just some random gaming character here ... It's Lara Croft.

If CD show a Lara with enough traditional Lara personality and a sufficiently Lara Croft body shape then I will be very happy. Thus far I'm unconvinced and for that reason I am not going to click the like button on that page.

dark7angel
2nd Jun 2011, 13:20
We just reached 15000 likes!!!!!! :D We should get the reward anytime now!!!! :D

dark7angel
2nd Jun 2011, 13:46
Here it is:

Thanks for all the hard work! Here is the first of your 15K surprises. A final teaser image from the "Turning Point" trailer. More in a moment!

UPDATE: New TR Wallpaper
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tombraiderofficialflickr/sets/72157626743503025/

Also, since so many Tomb Raider fans have been asking for it, we've put together the awesome "Tourniquet" render in every wallpaper size a fan could want. Thanks again for your support, and tune in for the trailer tonight!

LC is Me
2nd Jun 2011, 14:13
SPLOOSH. Reward.

Angy1996
2nd Jun 2011, 17:49
ohh and we have our rewards yeah :DD nice pictures :))

Angy1996
2nd Jun 2011, 18:03
yep why???

Greenas
2nd Jun 2011, 18:40
Where exactly are we supposed to "tune in" for the trailer and at what time?

dark7angel
2nd Jun 2011, 19:01
Where exactly are we supposed to "tune in" for the trailer and at what time?

The trailer will debut at 10:00 pm PST on GTTV/SpikeTV and online an hour later on tombraider.com

You can check here when it airs on your time zone: timezones (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Tomb+Raider+TURNING+POINT+Trailer+Premiere+on+SPIKE+TV+@TRebootNews&iso=20110602T22&p1=137&sort=1)

For those who don't have SpikeTV, I think you can watch it here online: http://www.seeon.tv/view/13512/

IvanaKC
2nd Jun 2011, 20:16
And I have new wallpaper! :D
Thank you for posting this!

WinterSoldierLTE
2nd Jun 2011, 21:29
Hey that's an airplane in front of the ship. Shall we speculate on who's crashed it or if there's a bomber jacket inside it?

Silvermoth
2nd Jun 2011, 21:30
Cheers for that time difference page there. Looks like I'm getting it at 3:00 today! Can't wait!!!!! What a wonderful thing to look forward to when I get home from work.