PDA

View Full Version : Hitman: Absolution (Possibilities)

auric
24th May 2011, 23:21
Hi, It's rare that I get to post anything about any game when it is shortly announced of its existence.
So here I am to throw in everything I can think of about the game in question. :D

Mind u, some of these points only works depending on what type of game environment we're in. Civilian (HM:Blood Money) or Military (HM:Contracts) like locations.

I've played all 4 games and find them all great for the most parts.
not going to bother with the -ve parts, just want to list down the potential of such a game.

People keep talking about how stealthy or assault the game should be like.
Personally, when I look at 47.
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/227422_1902398392106_1006092129_32115131_7820221_n.jpg

I'd say have the best of both worlds.
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/230522_1902424992771_1006092129_32115251_7466893_n.jpg
Aggressive, yet subtle.
No, I do not mean like SC: Conviction.
yes, that's covert combat but their mistake is taking out the non-lethal takedowns, which was not required. So I imagine everytime I do a HtH takedown is knocking them out, him shooting in the head I'd imagine they're tranquilizers or tazers. :D

Anyway, when I first play Hitman I was amazed by the new features for an assassination game which allowed us to do it covertly as a choice.
That's what the game should be about. Own personal style of assassination.
Covert take down "Silent Assassin" sniping, accidents, etc.

But so far, nothing is encouraging the player to do anything but achieve "Silent Assassin"
Though we're allowed to use any weapon to kill the target, due to the noise that'll make risks being discovered & anything else that losses that rank.

Yes there are rank for mass killers, but they all don't sound very tempting to achieve. Suicidal, mass killer, etc.

Achievements
Reputation, make a rep for urself. What kind of an assassin u are.
Silent Assassin / whatever they call in killing mode get special weapons like in HM:Contracts.
Decorate ur hideout with ur achievements.

Some achievements will be nice here, which I'm hoping the game will have. Kill a number of people with this kind of gun or method. :)
- Kill (certain number of targets) with a specific weapon & get that achievement
- Sniper, Pianist (wire) :D, Got a present for you (explosives),
- Leave no evidence (Suit, custom guns, etc.)
- Collections (Weapons, Items, Disguises, etc.) The clothes makes the man
Collecting disguises
- Locks picked, Intel gathering or purchase, Big Brother (scope people with binocs or scope weapons)
- Various Shadow achievements (Kill in the shadows or hiding, etc.)
- Traps
- "My Boy never Misses!"

Camera
For camera view, Hitman: Blood Money is perfect.
H:Contracts was weird, how I look at the enemy, he faces where I look while walking back/side-wards.
I love H:Blood Money where I can see his face & watch him walk the proper direction. So keep that up.

Jumping/Atheletic
HM:Blood Money hit the mark on this. Been a pain to see 47 can't even lift his leg to step on a higher pavement.
HM:Contracts made the first step, but annoying to have to click a button to do it. HM:BM make most of the movement automatically but jumping balcony & entering windows, just need to tap forward 1 more time. Better than pressing another button.

Climbing is another good feature added in HM:BM I wonder if human height walls climbing should be added next. :D

Health
Other than drugs, maybe injection, would be nice to pick people's or military medical cabinets. :D
but to make that meaningful, we need to have a gun fire where it won't alert the entire map, where we seek to recooperate after the combat for more.

Combat
- Shooting
http://www.visualwalkthroughs.com/splintercell/mission5a/2.jpg
Instead of a full FPS mode like in HM:Blood Money, Splinter Cell's shoulder view keeps the TPS feel while shooting.
but to do this without loosing the brisk walk with guns on the hand, there must be another button for aiming like the middle mouse button.
This is so that we can still walk in style with the gun on hand.

In HM:Contracts however is quite accurate even when his hands are down, the first shot is accurate to where I point, unlike Blood Money, where sometimes he miss the first shot.
I don't mind the missing part, so long as there's a button to raise his arm first making it fair for those who remembers to take aim first.

When I see this image

I think about SC:Conviction's mark & execute, shooting multiple targets, would love to see that but don't need it just saying. :D

Stealth
- Wall Press

Getting weird watching the professional 47 stand with his hands on his side with a blank stare.
A nice wall press view like in the wallpapers would be nice, to keep hidden more realistically.

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/splinter_072502_460a.jpg
It's also weird to see him having to walk out of the wall just to shoot at someone, he should be able to shoot around the corner or over the object he's wall pressing.

- Shadows
I just realised HM:Contracts have shadow effect like Splinter Cell, shoot the lights for more cover.
Would like some kind of indicator to tell how dark the place is, a meter would do. Don't shade out the entire screen like SC:Conviction.

Haven't tested this in HM:BM but I don't think it has this feature.

Intel Gathering
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/247708_1932885794272_1006092129_32151886_1392246_n.jpg

One thing I love about SC:Conviction is the method of interrogation, way better than just choking the person. I can so imagine 47 do something like that, especially in the Meat King mission where he's in the truck with the driver & holding the hook on his hand.

May not be for interrogating, but means of knocking out people with the surrounding environment.

Equipments
- Chloroform
Bring it back, lol
Not to replace syringe, just have them both to different effect. Like Chloroform is temporary & they can wake up.
To counter the problem of waking victims, add a feature where u can tie them up (SWAT games) in addition gagging them to avoid calling for help.

Modes:
Video Replay Mode
Able to make your own movie from each missions. However the HuD is not visible, inventory & pause time all not visible either.
Hence an uninterrupted video of ur progress.

Bullet time mode
Like when u die in HM:Blood Money, we are able to make some good last shots before dying.
Would like to make this mode optional after finishing the game once. In order to make head shots like a pro, making a nice video to watch in the replay. :)

Sorry about the big images, can't find any smaller ones :D

More to come... :)

Driber
25th May 2011, 08:55
Sorry about the big images, can't find any smaller ones :D

Next time just use this (http://driber.net/os/forumthumb.php) :)

I fixed your post.

auric
25th May 2011, 11:03

25th May 2011, 21:30
I basically agree with everything you said. They just need to make sure that they get everything down in this game, it needs to be like all the Hitman games combined to make the ultimate Hitman game. I always hated when I play a sequel to a game and a great gameplay feature is missing when all they needed to do was add some more awesomeness to it.

Fake mustaches, Beards, and tattoos:

Fake surrender:
Bring back the Walk don't run mechanic: were 47 has to walk and try to act nature but in a more subtle way then Silent assassin. And a indicator to show how well your disguise is working.

26th May 2011, 16:34
About the aim I was thinking like a Hold Left Trigger aiming system like Call Of Duty or Gears of War, were 47 still can aim precisely with a one hand gun and hold it behind his back without pressing the aim botton. The only differentes is with the guns that requires two hands like rifles because of the hip fire.

auric
26th May 2011, 21:26
Legends
Arsenals
Traps
Achievements

NPCs
- Indepth backgrounds
Make the world a more meaningful place. Every action have concenquences.

Star Trek: Deep Space 9
Gul Dukat: "Anyone can blow up a ship. Ha! But to look your enemy in the eye, knowing you'll remember his face for the rest of your life, now that takes... a stomach, much stronger than you'll ever have."

See characters interact more, hear their discussions,
Like in Deus Ex: The Conspiracy, I spend a lot of time listening to every dialog I can find. :D
Their political views, friends & family, etc.

Clothing
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0zz-pk5odZLkvd1Jj6rhezpLpmcZBhsIAPcS8cT5L_Be8J9eu2w
- Gloves
If forensics is involved, gloves should be key when handling stuff that leaves prints around.

Or have an effect to ur weapons, better accuracy or whatever. :)

Or sabotaging or interacting with certain objects.
Insolate your hands when handling electrical items.
Getting electriculted will gain self assassination achievement

- Weapon Conceilment
Different disguises have different places you keep your weapon. See him pull out his guns differently.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPhk2fVaCZIRhQXtEj9Zj14WO8UeYJ8YbdA4gItnDaSbHo3BuC
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7OoAlV-IvSPcCWr_x2tkWQkNkrq2btlOkd5uoHSdZPxFjnexH
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRV9WA9PHQUE8IhC_nI51R0_MWU2Kx36faFi8X4ZyjiknvjviP-Q

For his main suit, able to conceil not keep it inside entirely his weapons while walking in public for a quick draw.
What I mean is, we usually have 2 modes, weapons out & in, that's it.
Takes time to draw the gun.

How about 1 click holster button, he keeps holding the gun but hide behind him or his jacket but still holding it. So you can walk in public with the gun still out, but only in a certain distance.
AIs don't notice ur gun from far, but too close if the conceilment is not good they'd notice.

Hold the holster button to keep it entirely in & needs to be drawn out to shoot again.

This is mainly for style not sure if it really benefits much, unless drawing ur gun does take time or have some form of consequence.
:D

Watch
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJJQrfkSqfwbJOUQd_tnwKEjdFwCQkypvwtRc6Q9tfAbOkAPoUOg
Metro 2033 brings this everyday object into the shooter world.
For this game, we can use it for timing purposes, for speed gamers can see how fast they're doing without waiting for the ending score board.
Time guards passing

Basically, its just the same timer we sometimes see on the HuD, just this time make it look like an official watch 47 wears, if any. :D

Arsenals
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzO1JGdfKDd7yFG1emgzx2PQKsHIfCybcmLdz4KmR48A7MtAPa
Bring back the old Counter Strike Silencer remove & attachment feature.

Since the trailer itself showed him screwing it on, I hope we can actually do that in the game. So don't need 2 types of guns, just pull it off & put it back on.
:)

Collectibles
Guns
Knives
Trap parts
Disguises
Misc. Items
Ammos
Target Souvenirs
Swords

auric
28th May 2011, 00:23
Traps
I've been thinking about this the whole day, lol
This post will be all about it. :D

Yes, why not traps? I'm surprise this wasn't explored further after our first car bomb in HM:Silent Assassin (right game?)
In 1 word, "Sabotage" from cars rigged to explode (by turning the key, not remote control), trip wires, oil floors, trip wire guns, etc.

If a new feature is to be added, this would be a nice one to go and a great title to revolutionise Shooter games in traps when done properly.

Rules is simple, Traps have their own blueprints, showing what is required to make certain type of trap.
To do this, the player needs to get pieces of it in the game, (ropes, guns, tools, animals?, etc.)

Whenever an item is picked up & kept either in inventory or equipment trunks it'll be kept in the hide-out
can be used on future missions along with other stuff u find in the future missions.
Maps are limited to what they have to make a proper trap so pieces found in past missions is needed.

Gun Traps
Fallout & Metro 2033 showed some nice shooter genre traps in the game, where strings+guns traps are pieced together to be disarmed.
So in this game, we'll see 47 set them up depending whether or not the environment permits it.

Shotgun, pistols, subs, rifes, grenade, flashbang

Go behind a door with the pieces (rope, gun, tools)
activate trap mode (some how), we'll see green markings where each pieces will be placed, different environment will have different positions depending how far the furnitures are to the door, etc. How much rope is required (not sure if to limit it or give it unlimited length)

Or as shown in the Mythbusters, put a gun in an oven & activate it. :D

Oils
To make people slip, preferably by the staircase.
Under normal circumstances, the AI may balance themselves pass it, but if u make them run towards it they'll fall or if they walk distracted they'll fall too.

Bombs
Car bomb, not the old remote control style, rig it to blow when the target turns the ignition.
But optional to use the remote too, up to your own style

Landmines, gas tanks, etc.

Achievements
Domino Trap, 1 trap lead to the other :D
3 targets in a row
Gun traps is counted along with the regular gun achievements if used to kill main targets

Ya, sounds cheesy or whatever the right word is, but just want to share.
But seriously Hitman is the best game to start this out, its an Assassin's forte.

auric
28th May 2011, 06:22
Female Character?
This one asked by someone I know.
Will there be a female character? to be played.

It's a nice thought, I recall another game that has a female who wear disguises, but not sure how that'll fit in this game.

Movement
Speed Control like in Splinter Cell, mouse roller controls how fast he moves.
Rather than just, slow, medium, sprint.

auric
29th May 2011, 00:34
Deaths
- Environmental factors
Other than the usual methods of killing.

Make a special button for environmental killing, if we see the symbol appears, press it and watch him kill in creative ways.

depending on where the person is & what he/she is doing, there are special ways to take them out. Like someone fixing an electrical outlet, can grab his hand with a screwdriver & stab into the socket.

but make sure ur gloves are on, or watch urself die with them.

push down someone on the stairs from every angle, leg trip included.

So imagine, ur walking a corridor, 1 person heading towards the stair, another conducting electrical repairs behind the 1st person. U walk up to him as he approach the stairs, *click*, depending on where u r from him he either pushes or trips him down the stairs.

Than put on ur gloves if it wasn't already on, as he approach the next guy, he grabs his hand holding a metallic tool & stabs it in the outlet. or if its a cutting tool, cut the live wire. or if the person is not a repairman (any other person) walking by some exposed electrical device, slams his face at it or grab his hand to press into it.

Crazy explanation but hopefully u get the idea. :)

Going with the flow Achievement

Cinematic Deaths of the targets.
When killing the main target, regular killing will be like the usual, but each target should be given special ways of being killed too, with special cine to watch as we perform it.

Suffocating with a pillow, poison, drop a fuel tank into fire, rig a car to blow, etc.
Watch a close-up view.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2uG4DbPtTVX4Sep_3OhZomwj3CTw4Arl-b360gSM-VpW_PEo39A

auric
29th May 2011, 13:10
Bring Back / Retain
- Shadow effects (HM:Contracts)
still not sure if Blood Money has this or not, hard to test it out, lol

- Key hole spy (HM:Contracts)
We can't have fiber optics like Splinter Cell, so the key hole is all we got, lol
that & peep holes on some doors.

Well of course not all doors use that old key no more. but there are other ways to take a peek.
mirror under the door, slightly open ajar the door. :)

- Disarm, Head butts & Melee attacks (HM:Blood Money)
Must definitely have this, I never use it but to know its there, is what made it realistic.

Don't remember if the previous games can do this or not, lol

- Weapon Hiding from people.

auric
29th May 2011, 13:43
OMG, just realised something about hiding ur gun.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/252689_1933233962976_1006092129_32152343_141379_n.jpg I just realised HM:Blood Money can already do this, :o but it doesn't fool the civilians one bit. no matter how far u are.
He actually hides his gun when there's civilians around, in the direction he faces.

Also, people do not notice it too at a certain range, see that guy with the camera on the right, he starts running when he came too close.
:o

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/247870_1933241723170_1006092129_32152354_1255004_n.jpg

Please keep this feature. :D

auric
31st May 2011, 22:10
Client's Preference
The Customer is always Right
1 thing missing in HM:Blood Money is what shown in the 1st mission, the client's desire for something.
In this case, making sure the target sees a photo before being killed.

It'll be nice to have certain instructions to do something extra but don't make it as a requirement to pass the mission, make it as just an extra bonus to payment.

Killed in some way / shown something / face to face / bomb / bring fear to him/her first / etc.

Something I just realised that Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood have, finish off targets in certain ways.

Blood Money
Uses for the money earned.

- Intel purchase
- Upgrades
- Equipments

-
- Gifts for Diane (Jewelry, clothing, female weapons, poison accesories, etc.) :D

Challenges

4th Jun 2011, 00:39
All those ideas are great the only thing is when you talk about the shadow meter. I don't think that you would need that because 47 uses disguises instead sneaking in the dark, but there should be something that indicates weather 47 is being seen or not. I think that a meter or a indicator should be to show how well your disguise is working. I like sneaking in the dark in hitman though, knock the light and the power out and the whole place gets dark then I use NVG's.

Collectibles
Guns
Knives
Trap parts
Disguises
Misc. Items
Ammos
Target Souvenirs
Add swords to that list as well. All the swords that ever been in the hitman games should be in this one.
Lee Hong's sword
That cane sword ect

Brackstone17
4th Jun 2011, 03:09
I was thinking that since 47 is being pursued, some of the missions should reflect that. Maybe something like a situation where from the beginning of the level, an assassin is following 47, and it is very difficult to lose them for a significant amount of time, only 20 seconds or so. The mission would then be to switch disguises in order to gain access to areas that the assassin cannot reach, but you can't let yourself and your assassin be alone at anypoint, or he'll kill you.

I don't know, I just liked the levels where it wasn't just killing people, but avoiding being killed yourself and protecting others from being killed.

auric
4th Jun 2011, 03:10
Updated the collectables :D
feel free to suggest more.

Collectibles, achievement will be, a store full of evidence, lol
for any police to find, ofcourse story-wise its not wise to do it, this is just for us, lol

TheWoodsieLord
4th Jun 2011, 20:37
I was thinking that since 47 is being pursued, some of the missions should reflect that. Maybe something like a situation where from the beginning of the level, an assassin is following 47, and it is very difficult to lose them for a significant amount of time, only 20 seconds or so. The mission would then be to switch disguises in order to gain access to areas that the assassin cannot reach, but you can't let yourself and your assassin be alone at anypoint, or he'll kill you.

I don't know, I just liked the levels where it wasn't just killing people, but avoiding being killed yourself and protecting others from being killed.

Why not just kill the assassin?

I think Blood Money handled agents/assassins sent to kill 47 nicely, although it was somewhat predictable. Every girl that wanted to have some fun with 47 turned out to be a killer. If out of 5 girls that try to **** you, one tries to kill you, it would be way better. That's the problem in Blood Money, as soon as NPCs start treating you like you're an NPC, you feel like something's off.

BigBoss
4th Jun 2011, 21:41
I can really get behind 2 ideas posted here....
1) make weapon drawing/holstering come from different sections of the disguise
2) take the whole hiding pistols behind his back thing further so that is is a more useful mechanic

Brackstone17
5th Jun 2011, 04:22
Why not just kill the assassin?

I think Blood Money handled agents/assassins sent to kill 47 nicely, although it was somewhat predictable. Every girl that wanted to have some fun with 47 turned out to be a killer. If out of 5 girls that try to **** you, one tries to kill you, it would be way better. That's the problem in Blood Money, as soon as NPCs start treating you like you're an NPC, you feel like something's off.
Maybe 47 in unarmed?

I'm thinking less of how enemy assassins were handled in Blood Money and more of the this level (http://hitman.wikia.com/wiki/Temple_City_Ambush)from Silent Assassin. In that level, there were multiple things hindering your ability to eliminate you target that weren't the usual guard patterns, necessary disguises and security cameras.

That and trying to complete that mission while followed by that one guard was a blast.

Edit: You have a pretty good idea though, what if random unessential NPCs were actually enemy assassins? Each time the mission is played, it could be a new person. That could be really cool.

auric
5th Jun 2011, 08:09
Edit: You have a pretty good idea though, what if random unessential NPCs were actually enemy assassins? Each time the mission is played, it could be a new person. That could be really cool.

I know how that will feel,

I just tried out the multiplayer for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

anyone could be the assassin after u, I notice in odd behaviours (moving faster, sudden change in direction, etc.), or people running on roof tops, lol

but for an AI, could be trickier, no human mistakes, :D

auric
7th Jun 2011, 22:19
Ok, as far as I can tell,

What's confirmed on the list are
- Cover system
- Improvision (use wire lying somewhere to strangle someone)
- more melee actions
- Possible Slow mo mode (I wonder how that works)

- Shooting Mechanics? (nothing specific mentioned)

auric
7th Jun 2011, 22:22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JoSxEWHS9k&feature=player_embedded#at=16

Awesome moves, nice "picklock" method for glass doors.
Did she say 47? can't hear clearly, I got an idea who that is, but may be someone else. ;)

If its possible, I think I'll try playing the entire game unarmed. :D

lenin
8th Jun 2011, 23:21
one thing I was really bother with in blood money was the sniper

the WA2000 has been 47's loyal sniper yet in blood money it shakes like hell
even with all modifications to make it lighter it would still move to much when breeding, its okay if it moves but not that much
I never use the sniper in blood money for that reason only

auric
9th Jun 2011, 09:16
the WA2000 has been 47's loyal sniper yet in blood money it shakes like hell
even with all modifications to make it lighter it would still move to much when breeding, its okay if it moves but not that much
I never use the sniper in blood money for that reason only

Sorry, can't help myself.

ofcourse it'll move when the sniper is "breeding"
Not even 47 can stay still while "performing", if he can oh my.

anyway, not a sniper person myself, at least not in Hitman, but thanks for the sharing. :)

auric
9th Jun 2011, 09:31
Important thing to add to the game, at least to me. ;)

Hands off the Suit
I watched the trailer & love the way he straighten his tie. Would be cool if we can do that in the game.
During combat, ur suit or other disguises get messed up, click a button & watch him straighten up on the run or walk.

Imagine beating someone up, than walk away while pulling ur tie & all. :)

auric
10th Jun 2011, 03:44
Real Instinct / Basic Instinct
For players who don't touch the Instinct button for the entire game, no quotas.
Make it worth our wild.
;)

KingNL
10th Jun 2011, 10:51
Lot of good ideas there!

auric
11th Jun 2011, 03:30
Lot of good ideas there!

Ya too bad not all suites where the new game is going, I wonder if we still got pay jobs in it. :D

MadSpike212
19th Jun 2011, 14:37
I have heard a lot of ppl questioning how the game play would fan out in this game. Whether it will be more action or more stealth. Personally, as far as stealth games goes, this one has hit the nail on the head. You cant get better stealth kills than this game or do a game more stealthily than this game. Splinter Cell, Thief and even MGS (although it is an action game, there is an element of stealth in it) can not match what this game has done in the stealth world of gaming.
I must admit though, the action part of this game could be improved somewhat. One main problem being that if you get seen, your options of staying alive are minimal. As you cant take cover, everyone seems to know where you are, you only have one option to refill your life, and if your surrounded it my as well be cyanide! Plus the overall stance of 47 is that of a shop window dummy with his arms stuck out shooting some what aimlessly.
Now I don't want the game to move from its original point of play, as quoted in other pages though there is only one main aim in this game. To get "Silent Assassin". In order to get this, you cant use guns. Which kinda kills the whole point of having them on you. At least I have found this anyways, others may have done so with a gun, I haven't xD. So my idea was maybe they could put in some levels where a level of action is needed. Like at the beginning of contracts, if they made that a level where you could go out guns blazing that would have been cool. Especially with the gattling gun! And your rank could have been good but for a different reason. This would bring in a different style of play which allows ppl to use the many assortment of weaponry that you pick up throughout the game. Now I am not saying every level should be like this. Just one or two here and there. As for we would achieve this effect with controls I thought about that too.
The thought being that the stance that 47 was in would change the controls. Say you had "Stealth Mode" and "Adrenalin Mode".
Stealth Mode:~ In stealth mode 47's stance would be like he usually is in the other games. Frigid. In this mode he can lock pick, see through keyholes, do a silent kill, hide his gun behind his back like he does when you walk slowly, do a more efficient sneak and interrogate ppl (if that has been improved in the game).
Adrenalin Mode:~ This mode would allow you to fight back a bit more. In this different stance the buttons would change there purpose and allow you to dive, duck and roll, take aim a bit more effectively, use ppl as human shields, shoot from behind objects and round corners and kick doors down rather than lock pick. Also in this mode, maybe "Flashing Buttons" in the corner of the screen indicating you can do a special gun move cos your in the right place allowing you to shoot two ppl at once if your wielding the "Dual Ballers".
As I say this is a thought that i reckon would not improve the game, just improve its game play. Your welcome to criticize of course xD. On that point, I finish by saying "Yes" keep the stealth! maybe just make more environment kills and other silent ways to kill! And as for action, just needs a bit of improvement so we can save our arses and not feel so crap when we get caught and half killed xD

20th Jun 2011, 01:09
You cant get better stealth kills than this game or do a game more stealthily than this game. Splinter Cell, Thief and even MGS (although it is an action game, there is an element of stealth in it) can not match what this game has done in the stealth world of gaming.
Are you saying that Metal Gear Solid isn't a stealth game? I disagree with these statements.

ReSuRrEcTeD59
20th Jun 2011, 20:01
sooo.... i was thinking... whats the first thing your going to do in real life if you come across a dead body?? most likely your going to call 911 and the police are going to come rolling in and you most likely will have a more tuff time finishing your mission.. in hitman blood money they did this in one level, a new life, but only if you didnt take out the people in the servallince van.. i think it would be more reallistic if they did that on more levels (not all) especially since 98% of people have cell phones now a days.. and if it makes it too hard then they should make is so its only on the harder difficulties..

ReSuRrEcTeD59
20th Jun 2011, 23:15
also, i love bloodmoney's score.. however i think it would be cool if for abosolution they did something like treyarc did with call of the dead as far as the song that avengened sevenfold did for it.. it definitely adds a good feeling to what your doing and it also indirectly promotes the game and could add a profit from itunes if you get someone who sells alot of records. i would recomend tho that it not be specificly about hitman/agent 47, thats just corny.. i think call of te dead hit it on the head..

MadSpike212
23rd Jun 2011, 00:01
IceDog, I do agree, that Metal Gear Solid is a Stealth game. I just think that it is mainly an action game. There are plenty of times in the game where you cant escape action and cant be stealthy. There are boss fights, and machines trying to kick your ass everywhere you go. You can sneak up on ppl, you can keep your alert an zero and you can kill ppl siliently and use siliencers. All it does though is keep guards from attacking you until you have to be seen which is inevitable.

BigBoss
23rd Jun 2011, 00:42
even MGS (although it is an action game, there is an element of stealth in it)

You're doing it wrong........ *Facepalm

Bevacur
23rd Jun 2011, 09:08
sooo.... i was thinking... whats the first thing your going to do in real life if you come across a dead body?? most likely your going to call 911 and the police are going to come rolling in and you most likely will have a more tuff time finishing your mission.. in hitman blood money they did this in one level, a new life, but only if you didnt take out the people in the servallince van.. i think it would be more reallistic if they did that on more levels (not all) especially since 98% of people have cell phones now a days.. and if it makes it too hard then they should make is so its only on the harder difficulties..

Knowing my own stupidity, i will end up moving the body around to make sure if its even a real person and not fake and to see if they are really dead, leaving a lovely trail of my DNA all over the place not knowing a murder just took place and i am at the crime scene.

DarkArts
23rd Jun 2011, 16:51
It would greatly improve value of the game if a more realistic damage system and at least some elements of psychology are introduced into the combat AI.

1) Injuries. --- It is obvious they just should be there. I wonder why all the developers ignore this since the Soldiers of Fortune game (I know those guys exagerated the idea as much as the Red Faction series made their game everything about breaking things, but you can make it integral part of the game without breaking the genre). Injuries would do the fights more realistic. You know - even at war losts of people get shot at and survive, because they stop atacking after the injury. And no - you don't have to fill everyone with a full clip of ammo to stop them - shooting them in the leg is enough. Same for Hitman - if his movement mode and abilities change after certain injuries - this will enrich the game process. Also this will devirsefy playing strategies: spraying the guards with the automatic rifle without aiming for headshots is really effective strategy in real life (since people shot with the high caliber bullets rarely fight back, though might be still alive - lying on the floor and spiting their blood).
2) Better and MORE REALISTIC AI. --- In previous series AI was all about search and destroy without any self defence instinct. What I would expect in real life (from anyone except for the special forces experienced firefight team) is taking cover and running from dangers in fear - dangers like continuous automatic fire for example (that is why there is a term - "suppressing fire") and calling for backup.
3) Additional psychological AI scenarious. If you wiped out half of the police team - the rest can randomly go into the following states:
a) panic and run
b) go mad with panic and start aimlessly shooting at the potential threat directions
c) get angry at Hitman for killing their mates and go berserk (that is where the search and destroy AI comes in) :lmao:
This is easy - such AI was introduced in the games as far as in the year 1994 in the game UFO: Enemy Unknown.

MadSpike212
24th Jun 2011, 22:22
You're doing it wrong........ *Facepalm
Doubt I am doing it wrong :P I am a big MSG fan and have went through them all getting no alerts and no kills. I just still think its an action game. Im not saying Im right, its just my personal opinion.

25th Jun 2011, 05:17
sooo.... i was thinking... whats the first thing your going to do in real life if you come across a dead body?? most likely your going to call 911 and the police are going to come rolling in and you most likely will have a more tuff time finishing your mission.. in hitman blood money they did this in one level, a new life, but only if you didnt take out the people in the servallince van.. i think it would be more reallistic if they did that on more levels (not all) especially since 98% of people have cell phones now a days.. and if it makes it too hard then they should make is so its only on the harder difficulties..I actually heard them say something like the "police will call for backup" in a interview somewhere. So it could be like this, when they call for backup the swat team would come if you were to mass murder the place and since someone mentioned metal gear, it could be like that where you get endless enemies.

It would greatly improve value of the game if a more realistic damage system and at least some elements of psychology are introduced into the combat AI.

1) Injuries. --- It is obvious they just should be there. I wonder why all the developers ignore this since the Soldiers of Fortune game (I know those guys exagerated the idea as much as the Red Faction series made their game everything about breaking things, but you can make it integral part of the game without breaking the genre). Injuries would do the fights more realistic. You know - even at war losts of people get shot at and survive, because they stop atacking after the injury. And no - you don't have to fill everyone with a full clip of ammo to stop them - shooting them in the leg is enough. Same for Hitman - if his movement mode and abilities change after certain injuries - this will enrich the game process. Also this will devirsefy playing strategies: spraying the guards with the automatic rifle without aiming for headshots is really effective strategy in real life (since people shot with the high caliber bullets rarely fight back, though might be still alive - lying on the floor and spiting their blood).
2) Better and MORE REALISTIC AI. --- In previous series AI was all about search and destroy without any self defence instinct. What I would expect in real life (from anyone except for the special forces experienced firefight team) is taking cover and running from dangers in fear - dangers like continuous automatic fire for example (that is why there is a term - "suppressing fire") and calling for backup.
3) Additional psychological AI scenarious. If you wiped out half of the police team - the rest can randomly go into the following states:
a) panic and run
b) go mad with panic and start aimlessly shooting at the potential threat directions
c) get angry at Hitman for killing their mates and go berserk (that is where the search and destroy AI comes in) :lmao:
This is easy - such AI was introduced in the games as far as in the year 1994 in the game UFO: Enemy Unknown.They definitely need to make this happen to add a variation of different personally to the NPC's. You'll have a rookie cop or guard or a harden veteran, male or female and things like that.

borzy
26th Jun 2011, 07:33
In terms of combat stealth, I think the devs should play MGS4 and take notes:
- choke hold, non lethal (followed by non lethal suffocate or concussion)
- takeout, lethal (knifing, wire, headsnap)
- hold up (lets face it, you have a wife and 2 kids and work security at a hotel, some dude holds a silenced pistol and aims at your head, you'd freeze and hold your hands up)
- frisk (allows you to aquire weapons after a choke hold or hold up)

For a stealth game, aiming system wise I really like GTA4's autoaim. Automatic body aiming, with right stick fine control in order to get a specific body part shot.

Realism things I like to see improved/implemented from previous:
- 47's movement
- gunning motion, no one shoots with one hand, no one shoots dual weapons for that matter
- enemy AI (hold ups, "shots fired" alerts)
- head movement (when moving weapons free, there should be a control, right joystick say, to move face away as a form of blending, faceing towards will provoke suspicion)
- goading (look at a guard the wrong way, and he will follow you to a quiet corner, drop a wallet at a hotel and the bellboy will follow you to hand it back)

Someot
22nd Aug 2011, 21:18
that could be implemented by people noticing a messy suit or something.

Platinumoxicity
31st Aug 2011, 14:49
Things I would like to see in the new Hitman:

-New types of accidents, and other forms of disguising the kill as something other than "a job". For example suicide, internal power struggle in an organization, or simply just collateral damage of a madman's killing spree.

-Fixed "accident" -feature. Accidents were introduced in Blood Money, but they were a useless feature because there were always more than one mark. It's too unlikely for 2 separate accidents to cause 2 separate deaths at the same time. If the newspaper articles make a return, after a succesful assassination, the article should make no reference to any foul play. The reason why the headline always said "Silent Assassin" is because there was more than one "accident", meaning that there were actually no accidents. Also, using bombs to drop chandeliers doesn't lead anyone to think it's an accident. You should be able to use bolt cutters or a knife to drop stuff on people.

-More melee abilities. In previous Hitman games, in close combat, 47 is pretty much limited to... dying. He should be able to quickly take out someone in close range, and also to incapacitate unalerted people with non-lethal means. Nothing should be overpowered though. And players shouldn't be required to exploit gameplay features to recieve certain results, like the "human shield knockout".

-Missions where you have no idea what the mark looks like, and you need to do some expionage to determine where and who your mark is. The missions would also randomly differ every time you play so that you wouldn't know the answer on the 2nd playthrough.

-Hostage crisis. When you take a human shield, you should be given the ability to direct the people around you to retreat or to lay down their weapons. In Blood Money the human shield option was only useful for knocking out people without the use of drugs or to throw them over railings to produce an accident. Basically, cheating.

-Ability to hide in darkness. This shouldn't be supported in most areas of the game, but in dark outdoor environments, guards shouldn't be able to detect you if you sneak through shadows.

Things I don't want to see:

-Acrobatics. 47 doesn't climb on pipes in the ceiling or run up walls. He also doesn't perform kung-fu coreography and bullet time to take out 12 guys who conveniently aren't just shooting him dead but instead want to fight and die.

-"Takedowns" -that is a word, that if you hear a game developer say, you know the game sucks. When we talk about "takedowns" instead of "kills" or "knockouts" we are talking "30-second uninterruptable scripted animations". Kills and knockouts should be short so that they don't drag you out of the game experience by interrupting the flow with something that takes control away from you.

-"Instinct". If you want cheats, use a cheat code. To see enemies through walls, you need a big, heavy military-grade infrared imaging device. You can't hide that in your coat pockets.

-In-your-face hints. The game shouldn't highlight important things. To be a hitman you need to be smarter than "incredibly stupid". This game is not supposed to be for incredibly stupid people. Halo, crack, Nascar are there for those people.

romcombo
4th Sep 2011, 21:38
They already said instinct was optional and only for low difficulties... They also didn't give hints on higher difficulties in the other games.

auric
5th Sep 2011, 02:03
If anyone played Deus Ex: Human Revolution

They'd get an idea how these things can be shut down & play higher difficulty automatically shuts them all down.

BigBoss
23rd Sep 2011, 20:47
Doubt I am doing it wrong :P I am a big MSG fan and have went through them all getting no alerts and no kills. I just still think its an action game. Im not saying Im right, its just my personal opinion.

So going through a game without killing or being seen is an action game....... So is thief an action game? Or are you considering the typical 4-5 boss fights in a game, each lasting roughly 10 minutes, define a 20-40 hour epic that has over 8 hours of cutscenes????? You choose THAT as it's defining feature to classify it as an 'action' game?????????? Well, it's your opinion.........:rolleyes: