PDA

View Full Version : What do You think the box art should look like ? ...

GrievousOdyssey
16th May 2011, 17:59
In celebration of the event of the day , let's talk about the box art :

The Hitman: Absolution box art may have been revealed, via a marketing survey looking for response from the public.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/301439/hitman-absolution-box-art-revealed/

Take a gander and discuss ...

Does Any of the three box arts looks ... good ? ...

Or do You have a particular image in your mind that you would like to share and potentially brag about ? ...

Irate_Iguana
16th May 2011, 18:09
Of those three I'd prefer the one with his back to the spectator. It's the one that makes him seem clam, collected and in control. The second one with the ballers seems like an action shot and the third one has his suit ripped. The best image for the box is one that shows 47 as a complete professional and in control.

GrievousOdyssey
16th May 2011, 18:17
But what if this time , in Absolution , one of its theme is about how 47 isn't in control in the situation at hand ? ...

Irate_Iguana
16th May 2011, 18:23
But what if this time , in Absolution , one of its theme is about how 47 isn't in control in the situation at hand ? ...

He wasn't in Contracts and he is still pictured quite confidently. Blood Money wasn't exactly going well for 47 and his fibrewire pose is fantastic. The games are about a silent assassin. It doesn't matter what the plotline is. I just don't think an action cover is what fits.

GrievousOdyssey
16th May 2011, 18:30
Action cover does tend to attract more people , and more sales ! ...

Well , alright , depends ...

Brackstone17
16th May 2011, 19:55
Easily the one with 47's back to the viewer. The game isn't an action game, so an action shot doesn't make sense and is inconsistent with past box arts. The one with his torn suit would be better were the suit not torn. Also 47's face looks funny in that one. The one I prefer is less actiony, isn't a case of "let's put our main characters faces on the cover front and center" and the slanted title makes it stand out and seem more stylish. Also of note is that one is the only one that features the line separating title and subtitle that we have seen everywhere else.

Also, note to mods, please change this forum's name to Hitman: Subtitle. You know you want to.

Acid_Burn
16th May 2011, 20:15
a marketing survey looking for response from the public.
Well, not actually public. =/ These were made before the game was announced just for internal usage.
And they are not final covers.
But I like red ones.

JackGordon
16th May 2011, 20:24
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/301439/hitman-absolution-box-art-revealed/

I like the second one. 47 posing next to the logo on a black background, as if attending a funeral. Exceptionally nice, if you ask me.

If it were up to me; every boxart of every game would be its logo on a fitting background. No "look at me, I'm so badass" character close-up...
For instance, I would've loved to see Dog Days' boxart being the logo on either a black background or a still from a Shanghai street at nighttime with lots of neon lights and the signature Dog Days visuals somehow incorporated.

Rindill the Red
16th May 2011, 20:28
They're all too classic Hitman. I want to see something new and a little different.

Madubu
16th May 2011, 21:24
I like #1 regardless of it being action'ish its still the best looking one. Disliked the ripped suit one, too messy.

18th May 2011, 07:06

He always looks like He in control, but was he ever in control is any body in control. Every thing 47 does for someone else in his missions. He rarely does things just for himself things that are personal.

Nogarda
7th Jun 2011, 20:48
After seeing a screen of 47 in the rain, I think a subtle rooftop vista and 47 drenched in water, like the test image with the two silenced silverballers would look absolutely epic as a cover. But to be honest, so long as it had the genuine game disc inside I would buy it if it was just note pad paper with pen saying 'Hitman: Absolution' on it.

Geed
7th Jun 2011, 22:55
I'd like to see perhaps a close up view of a Silverballer where he is etching in the 5th notch using a knife. Perhaps the etchings can mimic the first 5 lines of his bar code.

Ill buy this game if the box had a picture of the Easter bunny kissing the tooth fairy, so really I don't care what they make the box look like. Just thought the notching of the gun would be pretty cool. :D

Sn4ke47
7th Jun 2011, 22:56
I would really like to see the rattle snake logo as the game cover

texkid4
8th Jun 2011, 01:08
Maybe a collage effect like la noire? I normally dont like the collage but maybe it could work with hitman.

Commander Shepard
9th Jun 2011, 13:37
I like all of them