PDA

View Full Version : Do you think you will be able to have Hand-To-Hand combat or not ????

xXTombRaiderXx
14th May 2011, 12:55
do you think you will be able to have hand to hand combat in the new TR game becasue i would love it even more than i do if it had hand to hand comba in ?????? :D

LARALOVERnr1
14th May 2011, 13:05
There sure is gonna be hand-to-hand combat. Home-made weapons won't last forever.

Error96_
15th May 2011, 16:32
Think yes but would prefer it if not.

chriss_99
15th May 2011, 17:07
I'm not keen on hand-to-hand combat so I hope there won't be too much of it in the game.

Greenas
15th May 2011, 18:50
I think that the new theme for Tomb Raider (realism etc) constitutes hand to hand combat. It is unrealistic to think that that Lara is going to survive on her own without infinite ammo pistols without having to get up close and personal.

Gemma_Darkmoon_
16th May 2011, 04:11
I don't mind having some hand to hand combat as long as guns are the primary attack mode. I wouldn't mind a RE5 or ratchet and clank style simple swipe move but not full melee and cerainly no button bashing/ quick time events in combat.

Elliot Kane
16th May 2011, 12:24
If they can do it right, yes. After all, if Lara is making her own weapons to start with, it makes sense she'd start with some kind of spear or club. As a castaway, IF she has any kind of guns at all her ammunition supply should be very limited...

Still, we shall see, I guess :)

SE_Cath
16th May 2011, 16:00
I voted YES, it would make sense and hand-to-hand combat is seriously fun when it's done right in adventure games. She would need practice though...

YoshiMad08
17th May 2011, 21:02
You know what, I really don't care weither she can or can't. I would think it may be a good idea but, some enemies, (e.g shark) wouldn't make sense to kill hand-to-hand! (This is if you play the ship wreck bit...which would be cool :) ) But other enemies as well, it just won't make sense to use hand-to-hand combat on. (e.g bat) Is it just me thinking this?

Flintmelody
21st May 2011, 02:08
TR is more a shooter so I don't think too much hand to hand combat really goes.

LC is Me
21st May 2011, 03:11
You know what, I really don't care weither she can or can't. I would think it may be a good idea but, some enemies, (e.g shark) wouldn't make sense to kill hand-to-hand! (This is if you play the ship wreck bit...which would be cool :) ) But other enemies as well, it just won't make sense to use hand-to-hand combat on. (e.g bat) Is it just me thinking this?

TR is more a shooter so I don't think too much hand to hand combat really goes.

What else is she gonna use?
Sure they've shown us that somewhere along the way she'll acquire a bow and arrow, the pickaxe, and eventually the pistols.
But I doubt she is going to start off with them. I think it's safe to say h2h will be implemented.

Ants_27_
23rd May 2011, 10:43
Yes. I'll be more annoyed at the use of unlimited ammo and general weapons... nothing beats survival than getting up close and personal.

I'm also hoping the focus is more on melee weapons instead of ranged ones.