PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm not so worried

BigBoss
13th May 2011, 02:30
It has been about 5-6 years since since I saw the original blood money trailers and I gotta say, they make the game look way more action packed than it has to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCzx3Wxw6M8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyIIk7DPFe4&feature=related

They're nothing but gunfights and explosions, but none of that actually was ever forced on you, so I'm a bit more relaxed when they say they're working on the gunplay and action of Absolution. As long as it's as optional to be as bloodless as Blood money, I'll have no worries.

Deus_Ex_Machina
13th May 2011, 03:32
Unfortunately, we live in a world where, especially now, it is much more profitable to "sell out", or change in order to suit a wider audience. This is especially true in the videogame industry.

Speaking purely from experience, don't get your hopes up.

I'm already skeptical since the game is supposed to tie in with the upcoming film.

GrievousOdyssey
13th May 2011, 10:43
There seems to be two sides of this same story and it is seriously confusing everyone: It's Not Absolution that is going to tie in with the new film , it's the new film that is going to take inspiration from Absolution ...

Of course that doesn't mean the new film won't go off subject again and offer sword fights or a canine companion , but Absolution is in no way going to tie with Hollywood mentality ... ... ... ... well that's what they're saying anywya ...

A good example to a similar situation would be last year's The Forgotten Sands , a new Prince of Persia game made and released along side the theatrical movie , but the game itself was not a movie tie in at all , rather a new episode to the Sands of Time trilogy ...

It's just a marketing plan to make a more successful profit , people go see the movie then go buy the game as part of the surrounding hype ...
And look on the bright side , with more money , IO can work on even more great projects , either for an old or new IP ...

BigBoss
13th May 2011, 11:40
Oh yeah, because that game turned out so well.

GrievousOdyssey
13th May 2011, 11:48
Yeah well that was Ubisoft acting silly ...

Seriously we have to stop acting like there's a bad omen around here , i mean this ain't Kane & Lynch ...

BigBoss
13th May 2011, 12:13
and each hitman has been better than the last imo

Nick@IO
13th May 2011, 12:20
The game isn't tied-in with the movie. It's Tore's hope that it will be the other way around - that the film will draw more from the game so there are greater similarities between them. That should probably be stressed.

IO is NOT basing the game on anything the movie might be doing.

Irate_Iguana
13th May 2011, 12:58
Holy ****, someone from the company posted! Wait till the boys over at the HR forum find out about this.

BigBoss
13th May 2011, 14:15
The game isn't tied-in with the movie. It's Tore's hope that it will be the other way around - that the film will draw more from the game so there are greater similarities between them. That should probably be stressed.

IO is NOT basing the game on anything the movie might be doing.

:thumb: This is good and should probably be posted in the FAQ

German
13th May 2011, 15:17
If Absolution turns into "Conviction" I'll be the saddest person alive.

Please,PLEASE keep the stealthy aspects of the series.

The silencer in the trailer is a great sign, If the trailer had shown a Bald headed dude toting a shotgun & barreling into a room of dudes auto-tag-killing them I'd probably jump off a bridge.

BigBoss
13th May 2011, 15:19
Unless it's a SILENCED shotgun http://www.411mania.com/siteimages/anton_chigurh_95062.jpg

German
13th May 2011, 15:40
Unless it's a SILENCED shotgun

Well you can thank (us-forum-dudes-dudettes) Conviction pre-order was a non-silenced shotty at first but the message boards went crazy with posts about the shotty and one day all the pre-order websites (like GameStop) changed it to a silenced version.

(Whether or whether not it's a result of forum complaints has never been acknowledged still it's nice to think so)

Crysis 2 has a nice silenced shotty

Really all I need is fiber-wire and some syringes and I'm good.
A proper Hitman walks in calmly and walks out calmly, while chaos ensues around him and/or nobody knows a thing until they find the one dead body. (the target)

That's something the films never captured , that sort of calm ,cool, collected anarchy that Hitman causes all the while in full stealth and a nice suit walking out of an area calmly.

Now that's badass

I can play 100+ games today guns ablazin' (there's no shortage of action games like that) but Hitman has style, class and some interesting ways to complete missions. I hope that doesn't escape me in the Absolution

ZakKa89
13th May 2011, 16:42
Holy ****, someone from the company posted! Wait till the boys over at the HR forum find out about this.

:thumb:

BigBoss
13th May 2011, 17:06
Well you can thank (us-forum-dudes-dudettes) Conviction pre-order was a non-silenced shotty at first but the message boards went crazy with posts about the shotty and one day all the pre-order websites (like GameStop) changed it to a silenced version.

(Whether or whether not it's a result of forum complaints has never been acknowledged still it's nice to think so)

Crysis 2 has a nice silenced shotty

Really all I need is fiber-wire and some syringes and I'm good.
A proper Hitman walks in calmly and walks out calmly, while chaos ensues around him and/or nobody knows a thing until they find the one dead body. (the target)

That's something the films never captured , that sort of calm ,cool, collected anarchy that Hitman causes all the while in full stealth and a nice suit walking out of an area calmly.

Now that's badass

I can play 100+ games today guns ablazin' (there's no shortage of action games like that) but Hitman has style, class and some interesting ways to complete missions. I hope that doesn't escape me in the Absolution

I was referencing this

BeardedHoplite
13th May 2011, 21:48
Well, where do you think IO got the idea? It's not like putting a supressor on a shotgun is a practical thing.

BigBoss
13th May 2011, 23:26
No country for old men came out it 08 I believe, and blood money came out in 06

Madubu
14th May 2011, 00:19
and each hitman has been better than the last imo

Except Contracts..

14th May 2011, 00:25
Contracts was the best Hitman geme

Madubu
14th May 2011, 02:46
Contracts was the best Hitman geme

Originality wise the original game was obvious the most original.
Style wise H2SA was by far the more stylish :cool: .
Technically speaking BM was obviously IO's best execution.

Contracts.. had rain, lots of it.

Irate_Iguana
14th May 2011, 11:19
Well, where do you think IO got the idea? It's not like putting a supressor on a shotgun is a practical thing.

Actually, it is a pretty practical thing. It is quite common place in England on hunting shotguns. These suppressors aren't small, but they aren't designed to be. They just reduce noise pollution, hearing damage to humans and dogs and scare off less game.

GrievousOdyssey
14th May 2011, 12:21
Contracts had the best potential and introduction level to a Hitman game , i'll give you that much ...

Well like i said before , i would like to see a mixture of Contracts' atmosphere with Blood Money's epicness for Absolution ...

Silent Assassin ... man ... i'm still not comfortable with that game ...
The castle in Japan in particular ... man ... that just wasn't my cup of tea ...

JackGordon
14th May 2011, 12:23
Why? What happened in the castle?

GrievousOdyssey
14th May 2011, 12:46
You're sure you don't want to play it by yourself first ? ...

Let's just say , in order to 'approach' the castle , 47 has to walk from one end to the other side of the map , twice , on two missions , in a blizzard ... and , Silent Assassin was the last Hitman game (thankfully) where the A.I. would absolutely freak out if you start running ...

So , you had to Walk ... and try not to get too close to anyone within fourty seven feets ... and ... man that just wasn't fun ...

And once you get into the castle you will have to walk through tight corridors , and in some instances you just can't possibly move on to the desired location without having to shoot at people ...

And finally when you reach your target , you'll see that a firefight is almost inevitable !...

Granted, there actually Is a way to avoid all the firefights , but that makes your choices extremely limited ... and considering just how much IO has improved with the ensuring sequels, well ...

JackGordon
14th May 2011, 14:04
And let me guess: there are no checkpoints so if you fail it's back to the start?

Rindill the Red
14th May 2011, 14:25
The Castle was one of my favorite levels. People who have difficulty with any level of silent assassin simply aren't thinking hard enough/exploring alternate possibilities for completing the mission.

Irate_Iguana
14th May 2011, 14:53
The Castle was one of my favorite levels. People who have difficulty with any level of silent assassin simply aren't thinking hard enough/exploring alternate possibilities for completing the mission.

The castle wasn't so bad. The ninja with a death wish who would routinely get run over by a car thus ruining your rating were bad. The very suspicious guards in the outside of the castle level were just annoying.

Madubu
14th May 2011, 15:18
I still prefer anaesthetic over syringes and antialiasing over blury post effects.. not to mention H2 has the best soundtrack ever. I think IOI took the Hitman concept a bit more seriously in H2.

After playing H2SA Contracts didnt really hit the spot..

Edit:
Tracking Hayamoto and Shogun showdown were still good but i didnt like any of the Afghanistan missions, those kinda sucked.

GrievousOdyssey
14th May 2011, 16:18
People who have difficulty with any level of silent assassin simply aren't thinking hard enough/exploring alternate possibilities for completing the mission.

Nah , we aren't having difficulties , we're just spoiled by the magnificence of Blood Money's 'do-it-how-you-want-it' design ...

Irate_Iguana
14th May 2011, 20:46
Tracking Hayamoto and Shogun showdown were still good but i didnt like any of the Afghanistan missions, those kinda sucked.

Motorcade Interception was kinda nice. At least, the idea behind it was nice. The AI of the soldiers made the map itself a bit of a bother sometimes.

Madubu
14th May 2011, 22:51
Motorcade Interception was kinda nice. At least, the idea behind it was nice. The AI of the soldiers made the map itself a bit of a bother sometimes.

Pick up a rifle, wait for the call for prayer, shoot the Khan and leave.. that was basically it, just not as simple or fun as it sounds.

Rindill the Red
15th May 2011, 01:53
I still prefer anaesthetic over syringes and antialiasing over blury post effects.. not to mention H2 has the best soundtrack ever. I think IOI took the Hitman concept a bit more seriously in H2.

After playing H2SA Contracts didnt really hit the spot..

Edit:

Yeah, the Afghan missions weren't as good as some of the other ones, but the way I see it you can't expect every mission to be perfectly to one's taste.

Nah , we aren't having difficulties , we're just spoiled by the magnificence of Blood Money's 'do-it-how-you-want-it' design ...

Blood Money wasn't really "do-it-how-you-want-it" any more than Silent Assassin. The "best" way to complete the mission was still designed and laid out for the player. It's missions were by and far more so the "contained and open" type levels, as opposed to some of Silent Assassin's missions which could be considered somewhat more linear in the level design.

16th May 2011, 13:34
And finally when you reach your target , you'll see that a firefight is almost inevitable !...
Thats because it a Boss Fight and there was a Boss Fight at the end of Blood money but Silent Assassins didn't turn out as well.

Blood Money wasn't really "do-it-how-you-want-it" any more than Silent Assassin. The "best" way to complete the mission was still designed and laid out for the player. It's missions were by and far more so the "contained and open" type levels, as opposed to some of Silent Assassin's missions which could be considered somewhat more linear in the level design.
Yeah Blood moneys Levels were small which force you to get up close but people think that thats their style going in with out a weapon when the game actually kind of make you go that rout because you don't get rewarded for using your guns. Thats why I missed the weapons drops and the pre game blue prints in the briefing. I miss those level were you could use a sniper rifle.

18th May 2011, 15:43
Silent Assassin was the last Hitman game (thankfully) where the A.I. would absolutely freak out if you start running ...

I was actually disappointed that they completely removed that from the game because now I can blow up the target and run from the scene and no one gets suspicious they can't see me and put two in two together. Running is suspicious its just a matter of when and why.

What was good about the other Hitman games was that huge colossal levels were as Bloodmoneys Levels are small and compacted. I miss Levels like The Motorcade Interception and a Meeting in the Park. Those kind of missions gave you vanish points to make use of your sniper rifle but its not just that, opened outdoors are better than just being indoors all the time Contracts had that balance between indoors and outdoors. So in Blood Money there was only a few levels that stood out to me, one is that opra house and another is the Dance with the Devil stage just because of the theme. But my absolute favorit Level in Blood Money was Murder of Crows because its a huge outdoor level with multiple building that you could go into and the best targets because those crows were some bad ass birds. That gets me thinking when you look back at the Hong Kong mission and the ones in St 'Peters burg it was like one big map so the next step should be to make every mission in a huge map like Murder of Crows. If the mission is just in a Hotel then it shouldn't just be one building but it should a part of a larger map. I know its pointless to talk about because they probably got the levels designed already but I'm just hoping that they do it on a larger scale.

German
18th May 2011, 18:29
I just hope they don't turn it into COD with minor stealth options.

I'll probably die a little inside.

Madubu
18th May 2011, 23:32
Hmm.. yup, a disguised 47 running around for no reason should raise some suspicion. Also agree on the big levels, if IO could make some large chunks of city with traffic and peds it would be great.

auric
28th May 2011, 09:06
Unfortunately, we live in a world where, especially now, it is much more profitable to "sell out", or change in order to suit a wider audience. This is especially true in the videogame industry.

I'm already skeptical since the game is supposed to tie in with the upcoming film.

Something I don't quite understand.

So what if they want to bring in bloody killers to the game, just leave the option for a bloodless path is good enough.

Make it available for both sides. Why make it for 1 side? how's that a "Wider audience"

sounds like losing 1/2 for another 1/2 = same quantity.

It's a simple matter to make it for both sides & profit from it.

31st May 2011, 06:07
Only thing is that in a stealth game the consequences for not doing stealth should cause you to die. It should be extremely difficult pass a level shooting.

racooon
31st May 2011, 15:22
Something I don't quite understand.

So what if they want to bring in bloody killers to the game, just leave the option for a bloodless path is good enough.

Make it available for both sides. Why make it for 1 side? how's that a "Wider audience"

sounds like losing 1/2 for another 1/2 = same quantity.

It's a simple matter to make it for both sides & profit from it.

because that would make Hitman not a stealth game, just another third person action game. The onus in Hitman should be on stealth, if not always 100% silent assassin, combined with what I call 'stealthy violence'.

racooon
31st May 2011, 15:25

There was a lot of choice in Blood Money in order to get Silent Assassin.
For instance, Curtains Down: do you switch the guns, take the role of the executioner yourself, snipe the target from the lighting console, shoot the target through the door, loads of options.

BigBoss
4th Jun 2011, 21:56

It wasn't a matter of thinking hard enough, most people just don't like artificially stretched out levels in games that are designed like mazes with multiple identical rooms with few solutions. That's not really sandbox.

6th Jun 2011, 14:27
Originality wise the original game was obvious the most original.
Style wise H2SA was by far the more stylish :cool: .
Technically speaking BM was obviously IO's best execution.

Contracts.. had rain, lots of it.

Lots of rain lots of pain! Thats the atmosphere way more Darker surreal and serious.Blood Money's ok and Technically speaking yeah sure but what good is it that you can customize your sniper rifle when theres no were to use it. The levels are over simplified so that its all indoors giving you no opportunity snip.

LionheartGIG
10th Jun 2011, 22:59
Lots of rain lots of pain! Thats the atmosphere way more Darker surreal and serious.Blood Money's ok and Technically speaking yeah sure but what good is it that you can customize your sniper rifle when theres no were to use it. The levels are over simplified so that its all indoors giving you no opportunity snip.

There were plenty of opportunities to use a sniper rifle in Blood Money.

It's how I found it easiest to get Silent Assassin in Curtains Down, even:

Snipe them both from the dark spot behind the stage. ;)

KingNL
10th Jun 2011, 23:09

This...the ingame footage I have seen so far reminded me a lot of splinter cell conviction (which is a BAD thing)

I still have faith in them though and I don't think will screw up one of their best franchises..