PDA

View Full Version : Post your questions to IO here

Pages : [1] 2 3

Falkenwut
12th May 2011, 13:01
* IO EDIT: All answers from this thread can be found in this post (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1722518&postcount=98) or the new FAQ can be found in this thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1722519#post1722519). *

Hello Everyone, Falkenwut here, and feels good to be back on these forums!!

Here is another Q&A section which I hope the developers will read and check out, hopefully answer some of our questions before the big day!

I'll go ahead and start the questioning...
1> Are we to expect More melee combat or at least more variations on melee combat?
2> Will there be any significant style changes to expect? (referring to the awesome style Kane and Lynch introduced)

And so on, feel free to fill in this topic if you wish, and I hope the developers are reading it too :)

Deus_Ex_Machina
13th May 2011, 03:55
- Is the character of 47 going to change or "evolve"? If so, how and why?

- Will the game be more action oriented or will it still have an emphasis on stealth?

- What significant changes, if any, have there been regarding gameplay mechanics?

- Is Absolution being developed primarily for longtime fans of the series or people new to the series?

BigBoss
13th May 2011, 11:13
Will you still be able to get through the mission without killing anyone but the target?

German
13th May 2011, 15:20
Are the "Silent Assassin" ratings making a return? (YES) Confirmed in interview with Cristian and I quote " Silent Assassin ratings are going to be brutally hard"

Is the unique aspect of the series (example killing a target with poison from a blow-fish) making a return? (yes?) I think so

(this is a statement) - PLEASE if it's not already to late ; DO NOT make this an action-centric game.

Madubu
13th May 2011, 23:10
Why did you pick such a bad name (Absolution) for this one?

racooon
27th May 2011, 13:02
What is meant by 'more accessible'?
It has a lot of longtime Hitman fans nervous.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/new-game-engine-brings-hitman-absolution-to-the-masses/

Irate_Iguana
27th May 2011, 16:58
What is meant by 'more accessible'?
It has a lot of longtime Hitman fans nervous.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/new-game-engine-brings-hitman-absolution-to-the-masses/

That is a good question. I get very nervous when devs start throwing around words like "broader audience", "easier to play" and "more accessible". There hasn't been a single game in recent times that used those words when it came to making a sequel and did it right.

31st May 2011, 06:00
In addition to the new characters are Agent Smith and Mei ling making a return?

Is there going to be a reboot of any of the characters? Because the actress that plays Diana has changed.(I wouldn't mind if they did)

Will this game be a sandbox?

Will there be any vehicles this time around?

Nogarda
7th Jun 2011, 21:21
It's early I understand this, but do you have any plans for DLC/pre-order bonuses once the game is out? (The white suit from 'Requiem' as an example.)

Will I/we get to fibre wire a pretender to throne possibly called "Raymond Smiles" as a little nod or Easter Egg towards showing who the true Master Assassin is, or something simalar?

2012 release date, with a trailer to come a good amount of time after the conferences at E3, does this mean a Wii U platform release also?

Controls; you mastered the controls IMO for console controllers with H:BM how close will Absolution's controls be to H:BM's?

Jezcentral
8th Jun 2011, 15:40
Are there any plans for an SDK so we can make our own missions?
Are there plans for DLC mission packs?

Falkenwut
9th Jun 2011, 20:06
We all know that Agent 47 was originally modelled after David Bateson. Nowadays they barely look alike... so I'd like to ask... Has there been a change to the inspiration of the chosen look?

Edit: Will we expect wig-beards as disguises? (Quoting from the Hitman Novel: Enemy within written by William C. Dietz)

Atikon
9th Jun 2011, 23:32
We all know that Agent 47 was originally modelled after David Bateson. Nowadays they barely look alike... so I'd like to ask... Has there been a change to the inspiration of the chosen look?

Edit: Will we expect wig-beards as disguises? (Quoting from the Hitman Novel: Enemy within written by William C. Dietz)

He got older, its been eleven years since he hit the PC. And I like the new look of 47. They went back to what he looked like in the first chapter (Hitman Codename 47)

Falkenwut
10th Jun 2011, 03:32
Another question.. sounds very stupid... will the Hitman Fleur-de-lys logo be making a comeback? HAven't noticed it yet...

jam13
12th Jun 2011, 01:44
How long will IO support this game after release ?
1 week or 1 month ?:hmm:

Bevacur
22nd Jun 2011, 22:29
Are crowded maps in the game? A level full of civilians?

Oh and can we have unlockable skins please? Do certain challenges that unlock skins example - Unlock Kane or Lynch or Jenny by killing civilians.

Sir Joe
15th Jul 2011, 06:36
A question I've had for awhile is: HItman Absolution like a new story line? where we will follow Agent 47 personal struggle for several games like Ezio in the Assassin's Creed games. I'm wondering this because Deus Ex Human Revolution is considered a new IP and Tomb Raider 2011 is a reboot of the series so I was just curious about that.

Genetic Engineer
15th Jul 2011, 13:44
- I would love to see a collectors edition of the game with some cool collectibles, any plans for such a product ?

lx PownStar xl
6th Aug 2011, 06:55
what ive always loved about the series is how it never followed what other developers are doing and its simplicity in not making the game always about 47 and how hes feeling it was about getting to know 47 through his interaction with his prey... I guess my question is are we going to see 47 full of emotion, wanting revenge, killing everything that moves or will the cold calculated killer who makes his kills look like an accident be back

Mr.X
18th Aug 2011, 20:31
This is To the Devs : hay guys i know your doing hard work but please Make this game harder i played HM:BM on expert and completed it about 4 times on that difficulty and got almost all the Missions Silent Assassin So please by putting this instinct thing your are making the game EASY i want to play on expert and feel like it is hard so in this mode or any other mode similar to expert ( hardcore - zeolot ... god know what ) REMOVE INSTINCT D also Make us more Detectable even when eating a donat . alas : im a hardcore fan and ive played every single HM game and i dont want to see it Ruined Because of INSTINCT or a DONAT !!!!

LeMoN_LiMe
15th Sep 2011, 18:50
Hello! :D

I've recently played a game that Edios released entitled Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Great game by the way, if you haven't already played it. The original Deus Ex is probably the best game I've ever played along with the Metal Gear Solid series and of course the Hitman series.

Upon playing DE:HR I realized that many aspects that made the game and others like it so good were things that, for the most part, any truly great game should have. I'm not saying that these elements are the one-size-fits-all formula for making a great game, just that they really give it that extra bit of life. So without any further ranting, I would like to ask these questions if I may:

1) I have a question as to how flexible the gameplay is. In Deus Ex or MGS, you could complete an objective without ever firing a bullet. The Hitman series was also an example of this. In sum, will there still be multiple routes and specific ways to complete a given objective?

2) While not completely necessary, I find games far more interesting if my choices/ actions influence the course of events that take place. To see the game change around you as you play really helps build a believable and immersive environment. Is this possible in Hitman: Absolution?

3) Lastly, everyone has their own opinions regarding what features should or should not be in a game. And while as a developer you can't satisfy everyone, I really appreciate games where players are given the option of how they want to play. Like the ability in DE:HR to toggle off "object highlighting", or how Bethesda is giving players the option to turn off "quest markers" in their upcoming game The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim even though it's such a large and open ended game. It's things such as this that really show that developers have both "Hardcore" and "Casual" gamers in mind when making a game. So with that being said, will we have these kind of options for "controversial" gameplay features in Hitman: Absolution?

Thank you very much and let me say I can't wait to play Hitman: Absolution! :thumb:

Forklift
29th Sep 2011, 04:07
Will Absolution be dumbed down severely in an attempt to appeal to stupid people?

Has Square Enix had any involvement in the development of Absolution?

Will it be absolutely dreadful in pretty much every way imaginable like the Kane and Lynch series?

If yes to any of those questions, no sale.

shobhit777777
19th Oct 2011, 13:48
The "Run for your life" demo (Which was Awesome BTW) had several body types for the cops (Medium, Slim, fat) does this affect the uniforms 47 can now steal wear?

Do bodytypes and clothe size play a role in assuming disguises??

nirvana1
19th Oct 2011, 19:49
The "Run for your life" demo (Which was Awesome BTW) had several body types for the cops (Medium, Slim, fat) does this affect the uniforms 47 can now steal wear?

Do bodytypes and clothe size play a role in assuming disguises??

its not clothes shop :D there is no time to choose uniform's size ,when you'r in trouble you must do any think to run for your life ;)

Travis_IO
28th Oct 2011, 11:40
A select few answers...

- I would love to see a collectors edition of the game with some cool collectibles, any plans for such a product ?

The team have got some ideas but we're not looking at this in detail yet. There's a whole lot of stuff to come before this becomes our number 1 priority.

what ive always loved about the series is how it never followed what other developers are doing and its simplicity in not making the game always about 47 and how hes feeling it was about getting to know 47 through his interaction with his prey... I guess my question is are we going to see 47 full of emotion, wanting revenge, killing everything that moves or will the cold calculated killer who makes his kills look like an accident be back

The style that you take throughout the game will be entirely up to you. You can kill everything that moves if you want to try that otherwise you can still aim to be a silent assassin.

I've recently played a game that Eidos released entitled Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Great game by the way, if you haven't already played it. The original Deus Ex is probably the best game I've ever played along with the Metal Gear Solid series and of course the Hitman series.

Upon playing DE:HR I realized that many aspects that made the game and others like it so good were things that, for the most part, any truly great game should have. I'm not saying that these elements are the one-size-fits-all formula for making a great game, just that they really give it that extra bit of life. So without any further ranting, I would like to ask these questions if I may:

1) I have a question as to how flexible the gameplay is. In Deus Ex or MGS, you could complete an objective without ever firing a bullet. The Hitman series was also an example of this. In sum, will there still be multiple routes and specific ways to complete a given objective?

In short, yes. Freedom of choice remains a huge part of Hitman.

2) While not completely necessary, I find games far more interesting if my choices/ actions influence the course of events that take place. To see the game change around you as you play really helps build a believable and immersive environment. Is this possible in Hitman: Absolution?

We've shown this off a little in the RFYL playthrough with Fizano. He's the rookie cop you take as a shield. Of course, the dialogue and actions that happen if you take him hostage won't happen if you choose another route.

3) Lastly, everyone has their own opinions regarding what features should or should not be in a game. And while as a developer you can't satisfy everyone, I really appreciate games where players are given the option of how they want to play. Like the ability in DE:HR to toggle off "object highlighting", or how Bethesda is giving players the option to turn off "quest markers" in their upcoming game The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim even though it's such a large and open ended game. It's things such as this that really show that developers have both "Hardcore" and "Casual" gamers in mind when making a game. So with that being said, will we have these kind of options for "controversial" gameplay features in Hitman: Absolution?

These decisions haven't been finalised yet - but this article might be of interest to you: http://www.vg247.com/2011/10/08/hitman-absolution-contains-stealth-focused-hardcore-mode-for-veteran-fans/

Thank you very much and let me say I can't wait to play Hitman: Absolution! :thumb:

Hi, when 47 opens door, the door is opening autoamtically and 47 isn't doing any other motion - push by hand. And when he takes a thing, in one moment is on a table and in next moment is in 47's hand.
In GTA IV Nico Bellic shoves into door or he crooks and take a thing in his hand.
I guess, it isn't easy to pragram, but if it isnť difficult, it would be a nice effect.
(Sorry my English, it isn't my mother language.)

The code being used for the playthrough is pre-alpha which means that there is a LOT of things to be improved before the game is finished.

The animation for picking up items has already been fixed so don't worry about that!

I've grabbed another few questions that I can give you guys answers too. Things that are too specific towards features, story etc I don't want to share just yet.

Enjoy!

Another thing is 'Instinct' and seeing through walls, do the higher difficulties turn that one off completely? I as a player would enjoy having that option to do so.

If you don't want to use Instinct, you're not forced to. The amount of instinct you have access to will also scale to the difficulty level.

my main question is this and may be for the future of critiques, will the game take a complete u turn from previous Hitman games where the story is woven into hit contracts and is not the run survival instincts of splinter cell exactly how far are you going from the roots of the Hitman series? I am aware that you are trying to appeal to a larger audience but will this sacrifice what made the series so far a success?

The Run For Your Life (library) playthrough showed off some of the new and returning features in a natural way. The 'on the run' style of gameplay that was shown won't be persistent throughout the whole game. Absolution does not want to sacrifice the success of previous titles - We want to build on it!

- the game will be rated M for mature i hope?

I would be surprised otherwise.

- what new game mechanics can we expect? is instinct mode necessary for success? will it be a toggleable option? is it too early to tell us? in your opinion, is this game more for the old fans or new ones? what are your theories behind this inference?

Instinct is an option. Right now you can turn if off completely if you want to. We hope Absolution will appeal to the old fans and the new fans. There is still some unannounced things that will excite both groups.

- will the game feature the usual morbid sense of humor? (47 going after santa claus w/ a fire axe, etc) these games have produced some of the more memorable scenes in video gaming history, and IMO are absolutely essential to what makes the hitman series so damned enjoyable.

I don't think the guys here would describe their sense of humour as morbid but of course there are memorable moments ;). The hippy apartment in the RFYL playthrough is probably the closest we've shown to this so far.

-a decent balance of stealth and guns blazing? new and different weapons/ways to dispose of bodies?

Yes and yes/yes. Play as you want to play or mix and match the different styles and there are many small improvements like this.

- something that makes this absolution game unique from the previous ones?

Of course. But typically I'm not going to spoil those types of things this early on.

-what kind of replay value will the game have? will players be rewarded for replaying by adding incentives to do so that werent there the 1st play through?

Yeah, Tore Blystad mentioned this in the Developer Commentary videos. There's a whole load of things that you probably won't see in your first playthrough that you can come back and explore later on.

edit = any rough guesstimate as to when this will be available for retail? any plans for a playable demo on the next gen networks?

2012 is our release window. We'll share more when we have it locked down.

this isnt going to be a kinnect only game i hope? although someday that may be cool. i am stoked, hence the numerous queries.

No plans for that.

A quick set of questions answered to welcome in the new year. As usual, not everything can be answered straight away and anything too specific with regards to story or features are less likely to be answered because they might spoil upcoming announcements

other then the kickass video did IO do any interviews or release any info at the VGA's??? links??

game release eta?
a date for pre-orders to begin??

There was nothing officially released other than the VGA trailer: " (https://plus.google.com/105518960862677728495/posts)A Personal Contract (http://youtu.be/1ImijXOA1jE)" (https://plus.google.com/105518960862677728495/posts)

One question, is this going to be an Open-world or Levels?

If you mean open-world in the same way as GTA or Saints Row where you have free-roam of a large city and must choose your missions/contracts - Absolution won't be like that.

any chance of a wii u version would love to use the touch pad with this game.

Absolution was announced for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 and those are the platforms we are continuing to develop for.

So IOI, when are we most likely going to end up having more news/media about the game? A demo perhaps? The released date hasn't been announced yet, except for the year, will the official date be announced soon?

You're going to get all the cool news/media that we can possibly throw at you! As you probably know, this is the most ambitious Hitman game yet and we've certainly got a lot to share once the time is right - although you shouldn't have to wait long! ;)

We know something about the system requirements on CPU and graphics card?

Will there be a multiplayer option?
Not yet.

And it's true only to end in 2012 Hitman? Or man can expect in the summer with Hitman.
There are lots of rumours about the release date. Some magazines wrote about autumn 2012, others wrote about June. But there were no official word neither from Square Enix, nor from IO Interactive.

Another load of questions answered for you guys. More next month.

My question to the guys at IO. You guys finally bring back the Hitman franchise after like a 5, 6 year absence from the gaming scene and come back to both applause and overdone criticisms. How do you guys, as developers, get past the fact that despite making upgrades to a game that was already epic you have a bunch of negative ppl cursing and complaining and whining. What's disappointing is that if you guys made it using the same exact formula as before, gamers would have still complained.

All feedback means something. The community team keep tabs on forum discussions to see what's being said and after every big asset drop (trailers etc) we track the comments and general impression to give ourselves an idea of what people think. We don't want to just 'get past' the fact that fans are posting their concerns, we want them to see for themselves that Absolution will offer what they want - the 'problem' with Hitman is that it offers so much and so everyone wants to see something different and we can't show all of that at once. Essentially, the game will speak for itself though by showing off how good it is and we're sure we can build on the great feedback we have already had by showing different aspects of what is available in Absolution. Unfortunately, the key word here is patience.
We do also bring fans in to the studio to play the game and see what they think - we have an entire department dedicated to User Research - and the feedback has been positive. We are confident in what we're creating and we've got even more to show off this year.

1. Will we get the newspapers back? Even though after a while it was obvious what template they were using, they were quite interesting for the first dozen or so levels and I really looked forward to read what the media said about me.

2. Do we have any new "special" weapons?

3. Is this going to be the last game in the series?

1. Newspapers are not set to return in Absolution. We're looking at better ways to show your rating and skills.
2. There are a load of new weapons, some unique to specific levels.
3. No.

How Long is the SP Campaign ?!

-- you see since this is a SP game, the story should be like 20hr+ or something, I want to keep playing on and on for a long time, and once I am done, replay it with different approach to levels --

We're getting closer to an actual estimate. It's difficult to test internally because QA testers or level designers know the levels inside out. Replay value is a high priority so you can bank on that and if you're a completionist, the in-game challenges will certainly keep you busy.

sooooo i was in best buy again and it said release date 5/1/2012 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is this an estimate on their part .. or leak??

Until you hear from IO about a specific month, the closest we have is 2012.

I just saw the interview with the Art director and he said that you can't use instinct in Purist mode.

I am glad to hear this, but does this also mean that you cannot use diguises in this mode? Cause in the Run For Your Life trailer there are 2 occassions in wich you have to cover your face and such. And you need instinct to do that.

Remember that the RFYL playthrough was shown in a particular way to show off certain features such as human shield and the blending in features with instinct. You can playthrough it in other ways if you want and disguises will always be available.

What's it like working at IO? Do youse guys enjoy it?

Right now, there's a real buzz about the place. 2012 has started, press events have kicked off, magazine covers are coming in and the new novel has just been announced. We're planning lots of assets and at that exciting time when we can actually start to make the ideas turn into something. Our new community site is also up and running and we're only 26 days into the year! More announcements to come.

I don't know if this have already been brought up, but is there gonna be a demo?

We don't know yet. This is a decision that still needs to be made.

Is it possible to complete each level in this game with similar stats as this?
http://oi41.tinypic.com/286v6g7.jpg

The Silent Assassin rank will return!

Hrdlodus
30th Oct 2011, 15:35
Hi, when 47 opens door, the door is opening autoamtically and 47 isn't doing any other motion - push by hand. And when he takes a thing, in one moment is on a table and in next moment is in 47's hand.
In GTA IV Nico Bellic shoves into door or he crooks and take a thing in his hand.
I guess, it isn't easy to pragram, but if it isnť difficult, it would be a nice effect.

kooaznboi1088
5th Nov 2011, 02:13
Will we be able to save mid mission?

Odinsreaver
5th Nov 2011, 05:38
One thing that always bothered me about the Hitman series, accuracy and shot placement.
After placing a few rounds on my target, it's considered accurate. When one of my rounds hit the target, and kills the person, the rest of the rounds placed in him/her is considered a 'miss' shot.

The worst is when using a shotgun, when one pellet 'kills' the target, and the rest of the pellets land, it's considered 'missed'.

Has this been fixed? Also, in Hitman Blood Money, placing a round in a dog was considered a miss shot, and shooting at an object (which I can understand) is also considered a miss shot. I hope the accuracy rating has been fixed and re-evaluated.

Another thing is 'Instinct' and seeing through walls, do the higher difficulties turn that one off completely? I as a player would enjoy having that option to do so.

BillRye
8th Nov 2011, 05:45
my main question is this and may be for the future of critiques, will the game take a complete u turn from previous Hitman games where the story is woven into hit contracts and is not the run survival instincts of splinter cell exactly how far are you going from the roots of the Hitman series? I am aware that you are trying to appeal to a larger audience but will this sacrifice what made the series so far a success?

bat_brain
8th Nov 2011, 07:04
- is this going to be a sandbox hitman? any chance it will be more of an RPG style in which you gain new abilites as you progress?

- will hitman have his usual "hideout"? will there be tutorials therein? how about new modes of play from there?

- will 47's laptop be more detailed? will there be more information and interfaces using it?

- any chance there will be more of an emphasis on being a hitman? (ie. more detailed contracts, more money to be made that can be used in game, more marks and different ways, each w/ different pro/cons, to get the job done?

-will there be more variety as opposed to other hitman titles, will each hit be the exact same every time we play?

- is this the end? is 47 going after the agency?

- what new game mechanics can we expect? is instinct mode necessary for success? will it be a toggleable option? is it too early to tell us? in your opinion, is this game more for the old fans or new ones? what are your theories behind this inference?

- any chance it can go back to the old style of play in which you have to be real careful not to blow your cover (codename 47, silent assassin) will we still have the old "tension" meter?

- will the game feature the usual morbid sense of humor? (47 going after santa claus w/ a fire axe, etc) these games have produced some of the more memorable scenes in video gaming history, and IMO are absolutely essential to what makes the hitman series so damned enjoyable.

-any different game modes besides the usual?

-a decent balance of stealth and guns blazing? new and different weapons/ways to dispose of bodies?

-what kind of replay value will the game have? will players be rewarded for replaying by adding incentives to do so that werent there the 1st play through?

- what kind of save system will be used? will it be the usual X number of saves that cannot be loaded, once the game is exited? will there be a new system of autosaves? (console version) will we be able to exit the game and load saves for a change?

edit = any rough guesstimate as to when this will be available for retail? any plans for a playable demo on the next gen networks?

this isnt going to be a kinnect only game i hope? although someday that may be cool. i am stoked, hence the numerous queries.

harbor13area
23rd Nov 2011, 07:18
Greatist Hits! Please come out on ps3 already? Blood Money God Of War Fav all time. Im getting impatient, I love the trailer must have watched it a bunch of times!!

rider202
23rd Nov 2011, 10:37
I started playing the series at Hitman 2, the big thing that drew me into that game was the fact that 47 didn't want to kill but was thrown back into that world by force to save a friend. I liked to see the conflict between his old life and new. It even made me feel like I was going against 47's morals when I killed someone other than the target. I havent seen that in recent games, he's just been a stone cold killer which I found took away from the story. It's interesting and fun to see how a character copes and changes when an outside force is turning him back into the monster he worked so hard to get away from.
Are we going to see this kind of struggle again? If not, I really hope its something that's considered going into future games.

rider202
24th Nov 2011, 08:25
Awesome! Thanks for answering some of those questions!

Harill
25th Nov 2011, 21:44
I'd probably catch some grief for this, but.
Can I play in first person? It could switch to third person when I'm behind cover or taking someone down and then back to first when I'm moving? Like Deus Ex: HR does it.
I feel the game is more immersive when your the character and not controlling one.

Shadow47
26th Nov 2011, 06:35
I'm a bit more of the opposite. But that could be because I've always played third-person. I never played many first-person games.

I think it would be interesting if both were combined. While you're moving the camera is third person, and to get a better look at things you can stop and use the first person.

Question: Will there be a return with the ability to upgrade weapons?

mcescher1
5th Dec 2011, 06:28
Super excited about the new Absolution :D btw... question...

will there be more opportunities to 'sniper' in the upcoming release??

... i played 'Blood Money' a billion times and can't get enough of 47...

i would like to see a level or mission for 'picking off' a few, any luck!?

awesome thanks

mcescher1
5th Dec 2011, 06:34
I'd probably catch some grief for this, but.
Can I play in first person? It could switch to third person when I'm behind cover or taking someone down and then back to first when I'm moving? Like Deus Ex: HR does it.
I feel the game is more immersive when your the character and not controlling one.

you had first and third in Hitman 'Blood Money' im sure they will leave it in for this one... right?! ... i used both at different times.. this game will rock

mcescher1
5th Dec 2011, 06:44
oh yea i forgot...

i always thought 'flashbangs' and/or 'smoke' grenades might be a sweet feature, will we be seeing either?

before hitman i was addicted to counter strike cough1.6cough and flashbangs were my specialty.. speaking of cs you should totally rip some more stuff from that game.. source f'd it up anyway ;) ... im sure you guys could touch it up :)

Shadow47
5th Dec 2011, 11:52
i always thought 'flashbangs' and/or 'smoke' grenades might be a sweet feature, will we be seeing either?

Now that you've mentioned "grenades", I'm just thinking of explosives in general. There was very little of it in the previous games. Introducing any kind of explosive would be interesting.

mcescher1
6th Dec 2011, 19:49
Now that you've mentioned "grenades", I'm just thinking of explosives in general. There was very little of it in the previous games. Introducing any kind of explosive would be interesting.

47 is known for his discreation... more explosives would take away from that... but a flashbang ... you could blind an entire room and wipe them out with injections or 'neck snaps' :lol:

smoke grenades could help you get out of 'sticky' situations... like in the '3 ninjas' movie "rocky loves emily, rocky loves emily" :naughty:

cant wait for this game... super awesome

Shadow47
6th Dec 2011, 20:00
Hey it's not like I said to bring in an RPG. :lol:

I'm just looking for SOMETHING in the explosives to be introduced whether it be lethal or not. These types of weapons weren't really around during previous games and might be interesting.

mcescher1
6th Dec 2011, 20:21
Hey it's not like I said to bring in an RPG. :lol:

I'm just looking for SOMETHING in the explosives to be introduced whether it be lethal or not. These types of weapons weren't really around during previous games and might be interesting.

you want like straight up grenades or something?? what about the mines?? i used them whenever i wanted a good laugh...

are you thinking of like a proximity mine or something?

Shadow47
8th Dec 2011, 10:55
Well if you remember the Blood Money game, there was the use of explosives. They were used to make traps and make "accidents" happen.They were remote control.

Soleil
10th Dec 2011, 17:40
First of all, sorry for my upcoming bad english. :D

I wonder how many missions the new Hitman will include. Unfortunately in the last two games, it was something about 13, which is quite short (I played it through in 3 days). Silent Assassin had something about 22 if i remember correctly. Dont get me wrong, these 13 missions were absolutely brilliant, but as i said... short.
So, is it possible to say at this time something about the size of Hitman:Absolution?

XxSMOKERxX35
10th Dec 2011, 23:50
Question: Will IO Interactive Reinstate David Bateson as the original voice actor or will IOI Destroy the franchise by using a different voice.

Note: The answer will determine me buying the game or not

mcescher1
12th Dec 2011, 06:32
other then the kickass video did IO do any interviews or release any info at the VGA's??? links??

game release eta?

nonprofitkilla
14th Dec 2011, 22:47
-Any chance that David Bateson will still be able to voice 47 or has that ship sailed?
-Will we be able to remove silencers on our weapons during a mission?
-Are the accidents back?
-Will 47 still be accepting contracts?

thiswontlast
15th Dec 2011, 13:31

Magnum500
15th Dec 2011, 17:35
I have to ask, will this Hitman have a multiplayer? I know they have never had it before, but you guys tested out the waters with Assasins creed and it was a hit. I wouldn't mind but still it would make me nervous if it did have one.

Will I be able to pre-order this on ONLIVE.COM? It's probably the only console i'd be able to get it on

gamnrd
15th Dec 2011, 19:52
First off I wanna say I love Hitman and I'm so excited that you're finally bringing him back! During the wait I have gone through five copies of Blood money just waiting lol!

My questions are:

Will there be easter eggs as in previous games such as Blood Money's Zombies or Contracts Ghost?

(Although this was already answered awhile back) At this point now do you think there will be DLC, whether just for weapons and outfits or even whole missions?

I've always been a fan of knives :P Will they be making a return, as well after throwing them into someone will we be able to remove the knife from the corpse afterwards and can we select knives or any melee weapons at the beginning of a mission?

Will there be more multi-level secrets? ex in Contracts the secret key in The Wang Fou Incident that was used to open the locked door in Asylum Aftermath for the Mini gun.

Will all weapons found in the game be available to select before a mission unlike in Blood Money when the custom 1911 could not be kept after collected.

Will more weapons allow upgrades or just the standard equipment?

harbor13area
17th Dec 2011, 23:47
Please bring back the 360 degree slow loud strangulation, Its personal.

Barez
18th Dec 2011, 21:51
Question;

Will there be variation each time you restart a mission?
Will the Cops take other routes when you play that mission for the second time?

For Exemple;
First time that you play the mission, a cop who u want to take out goes LEFT

Second time u play the mission (the same cop) who u want to take out again, goes RIGHT (means other route and u did not expect that so plan B!!)

Third time you play the mission Fizano is not the cop who fixes the lights (it's another cop)

When you restart a mission (like in Blood Money) every NPC takes same routes.. Witch makes it very easy and in absolution for sure because of the 'path vision'

Once you have seen the route of cop with path vision it will be easy to remember what route he will make and that wll become to easy..

I'm very sorry about this 'english' but this is very important in a game like this.

I hope IO answer to this :)

Grtz
Barez

omega77
22nd Dec 2011, 02:29

mcescher1
22nd Dec 2011, 03:24
Question;

For Exemple;
First time that you play the mission, a cop who u want to take out goes LEFT

Second time u play the mission (the same cop) who u want to take out again, goes RIGHT (means other route and u did not expect that so plan B!!)

Third time you play the mission Fizano is not the cop who fixes the lights (it's another cop)

When you restart a mission (like in Blood Money) every NPC takes same routes.. Witch makes it very easy and in absolution for sure because of the 'path vision'

Once you have seen the route of cop with path vision it will be easy to remember what route he will make and that wll become to easy..

I'm very sorry about this 'english' but this is very important in a game like this.

I hope IO answer to this :)

this might be useful for increased replay value... and could add a cool 'infinite' difficulty option

lucky47
23rd Dec 2011, 06:56
For reserving Hitman Absolution, getting codename 47 for the console as a pre order bonus!

Rutto5
24th Dec 2011, 19:03
The map screen has always been a big part of Hitman. PLEASE do not remove this option! Everyone would like it to be part of the game.

Rutto5
26th Dec 2011, 17:10
And will the maps be more linear in the Hitman: Absolution? Because I wouldn't like them to be really, and I think nobody would.

@CE
26th Dec 2011, 22:15
Been a fan of the Hitman series since the 2nd game. I heard about Absolution not long ago and I don't think I've ever been so glad to hear about a game coming out. Truthfully, I thought that Blood money was the end of it.

So IOI, when are we most likely going to end up having more news/media about the game? A demo perhaps? The released date hasn't been announced yet, except for the year, will the official date be announced soon?

snskiller
31st Dec 2011, 22:19
Is there a map editor in the game, that would be awesome because then you may download those maps and play much longer. Now I've to repeat all missions of Hitmen Blood money each time and thinking myself new objectives.

mcescher1
4th Jan 2012, 05:05
Travis youda'man ty

Suxita
4th Jan 2012, 11:56
Only one question about weapon.
Is there weapon acoustics in game when 47 shooting in building? and how about
silverballer suppresor acoustics,like a Hitman The Movie?It was so great voice in
subway when 47 was shooting

@CE
4th Jan 2012, 18:49
A quick set of questions answered to welcome in the new year. As usual, not everything can be answered straight away and anything too specific with regards to story or features are less likely to be answered because they might spoil upcoming announcements

There was nothing officially released other than the VGA trailer: " (https://plus.google.com/105518960862677728495/posts)A Personal Contract (http://youtu.be/1ImijXOA1jE)" (https://plus.google.com/105518960862677728495/posts)

If you mean open-world in the same way as GTA or Saints Row where you have free-roam of a large city and must choose your missions/contracts - Absolution won't be like that.

Absolution was announced for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 and those are the platforms we are continuing to develop for.

You're going to get all the cool news/media that we can possibly throw at you! As you probably know, this is the most ambitious Hitman game yet and we've certainly got a lot to share once the time is right - although you shouldn't have to wait long! ;)

Well damn, that certainly won't help with the impatience. :rolleyes::D

Just throw us a month where you think we'll be having new news/media! C'mon! Pretty please?!

Travis_IO
5th Jan 2012, 09:01
Well damn, that certainly won't help with the impatience. :rolleyes::D

Just throw us a month where you think we'll be having new news/media! C'mon! Pretty please?!

I wouldn't say that it was a matter of months...

@CE
5th Jan 2012, 16:19
:mad::D
Sweet.

hahahama
6th Jan 2012, 15:44
1. Will we get the newspapers back? Even though after a while it was obvious what template they were using, they were quite interesting for the first dozen or so levels and I really looked forward to read what the media said about me.

The Silent Predator
6th Jan 2012, 16:30
Is this game going to test my every ability and leave me baffeld at times... so challenging that I need to go away and sleep on it?

are we going to be more realistic about how many things fit into agent 47's pocket?

has the 'game saving' mechanic changed at all?

Sam_kain
7th Jan 2012, 11:20

-- you see since this is a SP game, the story should be like 20hr+ or something, I want to keep playing on and on for a long time, and once I am done, replay it with different approach to levels --

imported_Ice_man
9th Jan 2012, 19:31
-is their going to be a second movie? just thought you guys would know cause your company owns the rights to the franchise right?

- is their going to be a collectors edition of the game?

and any new on the release date yet?

mcescher1
11th Jan 2012, 03:29
sooooo i was in best buy again ... pickin'up 'Sega Classics' (decent but needs more games such as NBA JAM maybe some earthworm jim or 'ROAD RAGE' that game was DA BEST) and i used the touchscreen thing again :).....

... this time Hitman was not featured but i searched for it and it said release date 5/1/2012 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is this an estimate on their part .. or leak?? like the one in my pants from the excitement

Barez
12th Jan 2012, 18:25
I stopped to find out the release date, i'll just wait "patiently" for the release date.. I hope I don't need to wait long....................
:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

MrAtmea
12th Jan 2012, 19:01
I just saw the interview with the Art director and he said that you can't use instinct in Purist mode.

I am glad to hear this, but does this also mean that you cannot use diguises in this mode? Cause in the Run For Your Life trailer there are 2 occassions in wich you have to cover your face and such. And you need instinct to do that.

Barez
12th Jan 2012, 19:12
Link interview please ?

MrAtmea
12th Jan 2012, 20:04
Sorry, forgot to place it.

He talks about my question at 1:37, if you want to know.

http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/2012/01/11/hitman-absolution-first-look/

BeardedHoplite
13th Jan 2012, 02:15

ezjohny
13th Jan 2012, 04:19
Dear: Game Developer

What are you going to do for the PC gamers that have the new stuff witch is LGA 2011 Socket, X79 Express Chipset, I plan on buying this when the 22nm processors come out in April of 2012 with the new graphic cards also! You know consoles are only in DX9 so thats what I expect this to run on the PC also for a multi-platform game, that's not fair for the people that have this PC setup!

GameSpot did an interview with you and you said some about Action, Story and Graphics what you think people are intrested in the game for, my opinion you should take Action, Story and Graphics to it's full Potential that what I think for a good game rating! This game so far looks good, I would like to see this game get an rating of 9.0 or higher if that is possible from you!!! I played resent games of HitMan an I liked them, PC gamer right here!!!

Krieger
13th Jan 2012, 19:54
Someone might have asked this but i dont feel like reading 4 pages to find out ( yes im sorry feeling lazy today.) While watching the 16min gameplay video i was starting to wonder if we were still going to get contract missions or if we are just going to get revenge for being set up by Diana Burnwood in blood money. Or maybe trying to save her seeing how she gave your guns back... i understand its story based question and if you cant answer it. Also does the team know what quarter they are aiming for release date.

MrAtmea
14th Jan 2012, 15:30

Just found the answer to my own question in another interview:p

Disguises can still be used, Instinct is completely turned of EXCEPT for "blending in."

http://www.destructoid.com/dtoid-show-interview-io-devs-talk-hitman-absolution-219441.phtml

Director talks about it at 2:20, if anybody is interested.

Braun82
14th Jan 2012, 18:54
I also have a few questions.

And it's true only to end in 2012 Hitman? Or man can expect in the summer with Hitman.

matteume
16th Jan 2012, 09:39
I don't know if this have already been brought up, but is there gonna be a demo?

CrashB97
17th Jan 2012, 13:23
My question to the guys at IO. You guys finally bring back the Hitman franchise after like a 5, 6 year absence from the gaming scene and come back to both applause and overdone criticisms. How do you guys, as developers, get past the fact that despite making upgrades to a game that was already epic you have a bunch of negative ppl cursing and complaining and whining. What's disappointing is that if you guys made it using the same exact formula as before, gamers would have still complained.

Dirty Rico Rodriguez
18th Jan 2012, 11:23
Why is David Bateson not voicing 47 and where's Jesper Kyd?
I've heard many things about this, but I'd just like a confirmation from the devs.

Also will there be any kind of dismemberment?

Demoni91
19th Jan 2012, 14:42
apologies if this has already been asked...but !!! ...will there be a demo? * prays* :D

Barez
19th Jan 2012, 18:26

apologies if this has already been asked...but !!! ...will there be a demo? * prays*

Already been asked :D

Demoni91
19th Jan 2012, 19:19
at least its a popular subject :cool:

HampStamp
19th Jan 2012, 22:59
I've read that there will be a Collectors Edition, but will there be one for the PC? Many new games don't have Collectors Edition for the PC and I don't see why..

Will there be DLC (skins, challenge maps, etc etc)?

Will there be pre-order exclusive content?

Will I be able to disguise myself as a chicken? ;)

Demoni91
20th Jan 2012, 01:02
Will I be able to disguise myself as a chicken? ;)

HA ...good old Blood Money 1 :D

ezjohny
23rd Jan 2012, 02:42
Question: On multi-platform games, you know consoles are sticking with there out dated hardware because of the 10 year cycle contact. For the PC gamers that have the New LGA 2011 socket, X79 Express Chipset with the 4, 6 core Sandy Bridge processors and the DX11 Graphic Cards in there systems how will those people benefit from Hitman Absolution, will there be more eye candy and will the game run alot smoother if you run this game on all 4 cores of the processor, why i say a 4 core processor because they been out longer than the 6 cores, Game Developer, for the PC Verison.

Barez
23rd Jan 2012, 09:24
It will be on; PS3/Xbox360/PC

I prefer to play it on a console, im not a pc gamer, just play WoW on it and that's it.. :D

Hitman Blood Money was easyer on the PC because u were able to turn faster cause of your mouse, the mouse moves faster then the joystick :D

HampStamp
23rd Jan 2012, 22:15

Fambini
26th Jan 2012, 07:39
Media question here....
can you guys release a LARGE wallpaper of 47?
you have a awesome quality picture on the hitman website after all.

i had a awesome idea to have that picture of him, across my 2 computer screens :(

TheGreenBastard
27th Jan 2012, 01:37
Will there be any in-game unlockables? For example, rewards for completing levels within a certain time limit.

Joaquin_LNV
27th Jan 2012, 03:11
Will there be any collectibles or hidden things to get? There wasn't in any other Hitman, but maybe in Absolution... I can't think something that 47 can look for, but maybe you can.

shandor887
27th Jan 2012, 04:25
Why is it that every time I try to sign up to www.barcode-society.com, I get the error message "An error occured (KO: invalid username 1659573)"?

It only asks for an email, not a username :mad2:

Apologies if posting in the wrong place - i tried looking around.

Sickhead
27th Jan 2012, 15:47
whoever is now really responsible for this title...

i hope that you guys did not forget why hitman has become that popular and beloved all the years. if you can be loyal with this and yourselves, we will all have a great game. why would you even think about a multiplayer?

give us the stealth action, show independence, continue on the path you've once set, people will love you for this.

thank you.

rios1988
28th Jan 2012, 18:35
Will the classic UZI smg be a part of the weapons? PLEASE brint back the UZI ;)

xbenyamin
29th Jan 2012, 08:32
hi..

whether exist transport body dead in the game ?

halvars90
29th Jan 2012, 13:01
Will hitman be able to "auto hide" the gun behind his back like in BlooD Money?

Will you be able to custimate your guns and in how many ways?

Will you be able to knock out our enemies with your gun? it mus hurt getting a silverballer in the face or beck of the head xD

Hope the game will be brilliant

Hälsningar från Sverige! Heja Danmark!

Travis_IO
30th Jan 2012, 13:27
From now on, we're going to keep this thread open for you to ask QUESTIONS, and open a new thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1722519#post1722519) purely for the ANSWERS.

Here are all of the previously answered questions in one big list:

The team have got some ideas but we're not looking at this in detail yet. There's a whole lot of stuff to come before this becomes our number 1 priority.

The style that you take throughout the game will be entirely up to you. You can kill everything that moves if you want to try that otherwise you can still aim to be a silent assassin.

I've recently played a game that Eidos released entitled Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Great game by the way, if you haven't already played it. The original Deus Ex is probably the best game I've ever played along with the Metal Gear Solid series and of course the Hitman series.

In short, yes. Freedom of choice remains a huge part of Hitman.

We've shown this off a little in the RFYL playthrough with Fizano. He's the rookie cop you take as a shield. Of course, the dialogue and actions that happen if you take him hostage won't happen if you choose another route.

These decisions haven't been finalised yet - but this article might be of interest to you: http://www.vg247.com/2011/10/08/hitman-absolution-contains-stealth-focused-hardcore-mode-for-veteran-fans/

The code being used for the playthrough is pre-alpha which means that there is a LOT of things to be improved before the game is finished.

The animation for picking up items has already been fixed so don't worry about that!

If you don't want to use Instinct, you're not forced to. The amount of instinct you have access to will also scale to the difficulty level.

The Run For Your Life (library) playthrough showed off some of the new and returning features in a natural way. The 'on the run' style of gameplay that was shown won't be persistent throughout the whole game. Absolution does not want to sacrifice the success of previous titles - We want to build on it!

I would be surprised otherwise.

Instinct is an option. Right now you can turn if off completely if you want to. We hope Absolution will appeal to the old fans and the new fans. There is still some unannounced things that will excite both groups.

I don't think the guys here would describe their sense of humour as morbid but of course there are memorable moments ;). The hippy apartment in the RFYL playthrough is probably the closest we've shown to this so far.

Yes and yes/yes. Play as you want to play or mix and match the different styles and there are many small improvements like this.

Of course. But typically I'm not going to spoil those types of things this early on.

Yeah, Tore Blystad mentioned this in the Developer Commentary videos. There's a whole load of things that you probably won't see in your first playthrough that you can come back and explore later on.

2012 is our release window. We'll share more when we have it locked down.

No plans for that.

game release eta?

Not yet.

There are lots of rumours about the release date. Some magazines wrote about autumn 2012, others wrote about June. But there were no official word neither from Square Enix, nor from IO Interactive.

All feedback means something. The community team keep tabs on forum discussions to see what's being said and after every big asset drop (trailers etc) we track the comments and general impression to give ourselves an idea of what people think. We don't want to just 'get past' the fact that fans are posting their concerns, we want them to see for themselves that Absolution will offer what they want - the 'problem' with Hitman is that it offers so much and so everyone wants to see something different and we can't show all of that at once. Essentially, the game will speak for itself though by showing off how good it is and we're sure we can build on the great feedback we have already had by showing different aspects of what is available in Absolution. Unfortunately, the key word here is patience.
We do also bring fans in to the studio to play the game and see what they think - we have an entire department dedicated to User Research - and the feedback has been positive. We are confident in what we're creating and we've got even more to show off this year.

1. Newspapers are not set to return in Absolution. We're looking at better ways to show your rating and skills.
2. There are a load of new weapons, some unique to specific levels.
3. No.

We're getting closer to an actual estimate. It's difficult to test internally because QA testers or level designers know the levels inside out. Replay value is a high priority so you can bank on that and if you're a completionist, the in-game challenges will certainly keep you busy.

sooooo i was in best buy again and it said release date 5/1/2012 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is this an estimate on their part .. or leak??

Until you hear from IO about a specific month, the closest we have is 2012.

Remember that the RFYL playthrough was shown in a particular way to show off certain features such as human shield and the blending in features with instinct. You can playthrough it in other ways if you want and disguises will always be available.

Right now, there's a real buzz about the place. 2012 has started, press events have kicked off, magazine covers are coming in and the new novel has just been announced. We're planning lots of assets and at that exciting time when we can actually start to make the ideas turn into something. Our new community site is also up and running and we're only 26 days into the year! More announcements to come.

We don't know yet. This is a decision that still needs to be made.

The Silent Assassin rank will return!

lucky47
30th Jan 2012, 18:07
Is it a possibilty to bring back code name 47 as a pre order bonus?

KogaNinja
30th Jan 2012, 20:51
-Will this game be emotional with some awesome drama and nice music before the storm begins?(bloodmoney theme music Eve)

-Can we expect a Co-op version, so it will attract big pc community(forcing people to buy cdkeys to play coop) instead of pirates-torrents? I bought all the hitmans on xbox but I love pc gaming more, its faster accurate gaming also no limits of dx 9 on the xbox.

-Will there be a Dx 11 support for the pc?

-Is there any chance for a sandbox lvl creator? For unlimited fun...just an idea.

-Is there a map like before when you press M to see map?

Ill stick with this for now thanks for bringing back the franchise I look forward to buy this great game.

lukasz89
30th Jan 2012, 22:14
"-Will there be a Dx 11 support for the pc?"

Yes, will be DX11 and DX9.0c.

In what resolution the game will work on consoles PS3 and Xbox 360 ?

imported_Ice_man
30th Jan 2012, 22:22
are you guys gonna eventually or do you plan on making a version for PS Vita? or if you ever decide to release the older hitman games will you make them for PS Vita?

lukasz89
31st Jan 2012, 07:25
At what stage is the creation of Hitman: Absolution ? Still in pre-alpha code ?

ReAcher_OnE
31st Jan 2012, 18:04
-is the game really going to be as linear as the "run for your life" trailer implied?

-are there rooms and exit points that we didn't see?

-will the levels be like small sandboxes like previous games with many ways to achieve your objective?

Shatterstar
1st Feb 2012, 04:57
Will Agent Smith make an appearence in this one?

Cruddi
1st Feb 2012, 13:55
is there still a rating system in this game?

lukasz89
2nd Feb 2012, 07:50
The game will be released on all platforms simultaneously ?

BigBoss
3rd Feb 2012, 09:48
Can you tell us when you will officially announce the release date????

ezjohny
3rd Feb 2012, 23:17
If there is a co-op version, will it be in cross-platform play, also will there be a third-person shooter option and skill matching.

Will there be "Unlimited Destruction" in Hitman Absolution in the PC version!!!
I want to know if you could put some "Face Expressions" on game characters faces like Rockstargames did in L.A. Norie so it would look even more realistic, would these things be a possibility "Game Developer"!!!

Suxita
3rd Feb 2012, 23:21
Is there weapon acoustics in game when 47 shooting in building? and how about
silverballer suppresor acoustics,like a Hitman The Movie?It was so great voice in
subway when 47 was shooting.

lukasz89
4th Feb 2012, 09:38

I join with the question.

Barez
4th Feb 2012, 13:34

Lol. Release date of release date, the answer will be; We will give a release date of the release date euuhmm.. also in 2012. :scratch:

mozes_junior_47
5th Feb 2012, 22:55
Hey,

Just wanted to ask where in the world is 47 going to be this time? Is it all over the world again as usual, or will it be situated in the same region, say europe? I really like the russian levels in silent assasin and contracts, is there any chance we are going to see 47 back in russia?

Demoni91
7th Feb 2012, 01:20
Now sure if this has been answered already but.. why has David Bateson been cut from doing the voice of 47 ?

kadox
7th Feb 2012, 10:28
u cant give us a clue about estimated realease of the game?i mean will it be in or after summer?

clack
7th Feb 2012, 21:13
Can you give us a clue about dragging the corpses? What about the blood when you will drag them? In Hitman Blood Money it was kinda funny.. I mean this "same shape" blood every time after 3 seconds of dragging... I think most of the people that waiting the game will not like the same thing again.. Can you give us some clues about it?..
Thanks, waiting forward for your asnwer
Clack"Agent47"

dimalozz
12th Feb 2012, 16:26
Can you tell us more about saving in the game?
I heard there will be a checkpoint system, but It associated with more linear gameplay, isn't it?
Can we save and load the game in every moment and every place?
Checkpoints will be in a special places or in special moment, for example when we kill one of the targets or escape from one location to another? Or it simply takes us in a save place when we die like it was in Hitman: codename 47? But in this case we can't change bad history and fix our mistakes (founded bodies, alerts, etc).
I think that saving in Blood Money was good.

ezjohny
13th Feb 2012, 03:02
I was also wondering if it would run smoother in 60 frame a min, beside 30 frames! ID soft did it with RAGE.
One more question is there going to be "More Blood Splatter" in Hitman Absolutions than the previous Hitman games!!!

Aron Blake
14th Feb 2012, 01:35
Any clues about the announcement of the date of launch? Not the date of the game, if not the when it is going to announce.

lukasz89
26th Feb 2012, 13:37
When will update the FAQ ?

Travis_IO
27th Feb 2012, 14:28

Within the first week of every month. Expect the next update to come in sometime next week. Most likely on March 6.

Demoni91
28th Feb 2012, 01:21
Any chance of Absolution being brought out on the Vita ? ...would be awesome to be able to play it on to go , anywhere and anytime you want :D :naughty:

Hitman_Absolution
29th Feb 2012, 19:34
Any chance of Absolution being brought out on the Vita ? ...would be awesome to be able to play it on to go , anywhere and anytime you want :D :naughty:

My question as well..The power of the vita is very good and sale wise its doing well so any plans for a port? I mean since the vita is so developer friendly it surely can be easy..I would really love for you to make it for vita..hitman is my best game and absolution is looking like the best one:)

DavidWise
3rd Mar 2012, 02:38
When is Hitman Absolution comming out? (Day, Month)

Travis_IO
5th Mar 2012, 10:17
There are a handful of new answers put up on the FAQ (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1722519#post1722519) thread.

Enjoy!

Suxita
6th Mar 2012, 05:06
My last question already not answered :| I think this is interesting one :X

GideonS
6th Mar 2012, 21:59
Will the weapon and load out customization be brought to Hitman Absolution and if it is, will the customization be deeper or how will you do it?
And a second question, will there be more of a "sand box" experience as in most missions in Blood Money of will the missions be as linear as they appeared in the play through that was publicized?

Doctalen
10th Mar 2012, 03:15
It may of been asked but can you rig bodies with explosives or gas? I know in the new sniper elite you can I think it would be a good feature in Hitman.

sgg847
13th Mar 2012, 14:47
Since the main idea of Hitman Absolution is based on cinematic experience, can we expect the "CAST" at the end of the game with the names of all "actors" whose images were used in action or not, due to legal prosecution? :lol:

dimalozz
14th Mar 2012, 00:26
You know It's a very important question for every player, so please give us some more information.

Can you tell us more about saving in the game?
I heard there will be a checkpoint system, but It associated with more linear gameplay, isn't it?
Can we save and load the game in every moment and every place?
Checkpoints will be in a special places or in special moment, for example when we kill one of the targets or escape from one location to another? Or it simply takes us in a save place when we die like it was in Hitman: codename 47? But in this case we can't change bad history and fix our mistakes (founded bodies, alerts, etc).
I think that saving in Blood Money was good.

Doctalen
14th Mar 2012, 04:08
^ I really would like to know that too. I have not played blood money in FOREVER but I've been playing Hitman 2 and contracts and I like the save whenever/wherever but only have a limited number system.

sgg847
14th Mar 2012, 08:19
Was the architecture of Rosewood Orphanage inspired by House of Refuge Church of God in Christ ( 215 E. 61st Street Chicago, IL) (http://i015.radikal.ru/1203/84/d54b6d738e17.jpg) or not, due to legal reason?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did IOI consider the question to free the crosshair of gun in precision mode similar to Freedom Fighters? Kane and Lynch style of focus (with stuck crosshair) looks too awkward and coarse.

DLovas_
21st Mar 2012, 00:32
I think a great Idea that would add to the game mechanics - would be to make accessing the Briefing / Map something that would physically require 47 to take out his laptop and view the intel there in real time / without pausing the game (as in all the other hitmans. Think of it as accessing a computer / OPSAT in Splinter Cell - the game still goes on in the background (leave it to double agent to ruin that). I believe it would add much to the gameplay mechanics and make things more difficult - which (i believe most hitman fans would agree) would make the game more challenging, which would make it more fun.

DLovas_
21st Mar 2012, 00:36
are you guys gonna eventually or do you plan on making a version for PS Vita? or if you ever decide to release the older hitman games will you make them for PS Vita?

I have been trying to find a reason to buy the vita - it really could be a hit or a complete miss. It all comes down to the games. IF they are able to create more console type games (preferably direct ports rather than WII versions - as an example COD on the wii sucks...)

Additionally (I know this has little to do with Absolution) but there is nothing.... NOTHING keeping devs from making HD remakes of the older games, and if they made them available on the Vita? It would sell like the ipad... I'm serious. I would go out the next day and buy one.

I've been waiting for splinter cell to do something like (announcing to...) port their games to the vita before I buy one. you know something cool.

Whatever happens... just don't make anything like splinter cell: essentials... half assed versions of games just suck.

BTW sry double post...

MrAtmea
27th Mar 2012, 14:40
Will the guards notice when people start disappearing? I finished levels killing everybody silently, but the guards never thougt "Hey, were the **** is everybody?"

Le Homissare
28th Mar 2012, 08:29
Will there be a way to hide two-handed guns? Like a violoncello case or something.

MrAtmea
28th Mar 2012, 13:24
Will there be a way to hide two-handed guns? Like a violoncello case or something.

I was thinking the same thing, hope they finally fix that. It would be awesome to unpack your shotgun and blow away the target! :D

vahid_shirvani
29th Mar 2012, 14:39
I wondered if Hitman Absolution would be available on steam for digital purchase after release. At the moment there is a Hitman Collection on steam (http://store.steampowered.com/sub/283/) with just THREE previous Hitman titles. I wondered if Hitman Absolution would be added to that collection. It would be appreciated if Eidos took it times and even added Hitman Contracts to that collection when they update the package. It's ironic to call it collection with missing titles.

Agent_47@ICA
30th Mar 2012, 03:09
Can we get a date for the release date announcement

MrAtmea
30th Mar 2012, 10:59
Will there be special ratings like: pianoman, slugger or insurance agent, and if so, will there be any new one’s?

sgg847
31st Mar 2012, 23:23
Today the most developers ignore Force Feedback / Vibration as component of gameplay, limiting it to the fire. I think it is not proper for fans of gamepad.
There is a question in this case.
Can we expect Vibration/Feedback as one of the key component of control system?
Judge by the walkthrough and the new abilities of the main hero Vibration/Advance vibration (when a gamepad tries to leave the hands :gamer:) should be at least part of the settings.
Running, climbing, shielding, damaging, killing, fighting, observing and blending by instinct, motion scenes and scenes similar to "with helicopter should be accompanied by Force Feedback.

Choksquaker
1st Apr 2012, 02:25
What about the blood trail from people you killed (H:Blood Money), will it be back on Absolution?
Speaking of blood, how are you guys working on it? will the bodies have blood decals?

Regards from Brasil!

:wave:

sgg847
1st Apr 2012, 20:18
What about the blood trail from people you killed (H:Blood Money), will it be back on Absolution?
Speaking of blood, how are you guys working on it? will the bodies have blood decals?

Regards from Brasil!

:wave:

99% want boring pacifist stealth so blood will scare them to death.

DLovas_
2nd Apr 2012, 19:00
99% want boring pacifist stealth so blood will scare them to death.

Man you just like to cause problems don't you? The reason 99% of the people on here (which translates to pretty much 2% of the entire gaming franchise nowadays) is because we played the old hitmans and LIKED them. We like stealth because it's more challenging and in many ways more fun. Just like in Chaos theory the mechanics were well balanced... You seem to think that those of us who desire stealth only desire stealth... But if they took out some assault tactics that'd piss us off too.... Because hat we mainly want isn't stealth - but rather, more options. The arguments here are all centered around the principle that The older hitmans are being abandoned.. And we're pissed because the devs could easily satisfy both types of consumers... We just think the focus of the devs should be on their loyal customers... Not the mass market (who still probably won't buy the game)

Just look at what happened to conviction.

Mads6614
2nd Apr 2012, 21:16
After playing all the missions, it would be nice with something to do... I like the idea of the "Hideout" in HBM but it honestly wasn't all that fun... It would be funny if you could go around roaming the streets or play the levels again without enemies or just passive AI's just to explore...

Is there any chance something like this could happen?? ;)

sgg847
2nd Apr 2012, 21:18
Man you just like to cause problems don't you?
I solve problems.

The reason 99% of the people on here (which translates to pretty much 2% of the entire gaming franchise nowadays) is because we played the old hitmans and LIKED them.
I am glad for you.

We like stealth because it's more challenging and in many ways more fun.
Stealth is boring, nerd and dead genre.

Just like in Chaos theory the mechanics were well balanced...
Hitman: Chaos theory? Never heard.

You seem to think that those of us who desire stealth only desire stealth. But if they took out some assault tactics that'd piss us off too. Because hat we mainly want isn't stealth - but rather, more options.
Yes. 99% those, who desire stealth, use 90% of their playtime for action.
They want action, but stealth breaks it.

The arguments here are all centered around the principle that The older hitmans are being abandoned.
They should have abandoned this series after H2SA or at least made pause for a while.

And we're pissed because the devs could easily satisfy both types of consumers... We just think the focus of the devs should be on their loyal customers... Not the mass market (who still probably won't buy the game)
If they continue focusing on "the loyal fans" by excluding instinct and other interesting features from the game then no one will buy this game because nobody wants to buy "Parody on Hitman 2 Silent Assassin Part 3".

Just look at what happened to conviction.
What happened with Conviction? Good and entertaining game.

MrAtmea
4th Apr 2012, 18:16
I don't want to be complaining, (but am going to do it anyway) but I believe I should mention that none of these questions are being answered? It's been a month and we are waiting IOI!

sgg847
4th Apr 2012, 22:34
I don't want to be complaining, (but am going to do it anyway) but I believe I should mention that none of these questions are being answered? It's been a month and we are waiting IOI!

Wake up, wake up .... it is dawn of a new day.
I am going to tell you the bitter truth - nobody is going to answer on the questions. This topic is nothing else as your wishes concerning to the future game and most of all it is a part of discussions between members.

MrAtmea
4th Apr 2012, 23:01
I am going to tell you the bitter truth - nobody is going to answer on the questions. This topic is nothing else as your wishes concerning to the future game and most of all it is a part of discussions between members.

Wake up, wake up... it is the dawn of a new day.

There is an answer threat precisely 4 places underneath this one, which was supposed to be updated every month.

hitboy
5th Apr 2012, 08:49
when is hitman coming out im a huge fan ive all ready seen some of the game play and it must be ready to release soon not cristmas but in the summer

hitboy
5th Apr 2012, 08:54
I solve problems.

I am glad for you.

Stealth is boring, nerd and dead genre.

Hitman: Chaos theory? Never heard.

Yes. 99% those, who desire stealth, use 90% of their playtime for action.
They want action, but stealth breaks it.

They should have abandoned this series after H2SA or at least made pause for a while.

If they continue focusing on "the loyal fans" by excluding instinct and other interesting features from the game then no one will buy this game because nobody wants to buy "Parody on Hitman 2 Silent Assassin Part 3".

What happened with Conviction? Good and entertaining game.

that is wrong hitmans been all about stealth if you messed up you could go back and changed your out fit and try to be invisable

sgg847
5th Apr 2012, 16:31
There is an answer threat precisely 4 places underneath this one, which was supposed to be updated every month.
I see only threadbare phrases about the banal questions.

Ture
8th Apr 2012, 11:05
In Gaffa Peter Peter told that he made more than 100
hours of music for the soundtrack. Now were its
Peter Peter who make the soundtrack will the soundtrack
be relessed on xbox-live or Psn or on cd's .

I still night mares about how the soundtrack for both Kane & Lynch
games disappeared in the mist.

God påske IOI .

sgg847
9th Apr 2012, 08:04
I still night mares about how the soundtrack for both Kane & Lynch
games disappeared in the mist.

Adobe Audition 3.0 will make you sleep like a log!

lukasz89
9th Apr 2012, 20:36
At what stage is the creation of Hitman: Absolution?

Both the Run For Your Life and Orphanage checkpoints that we have presented so far were taken from the game when it was at a pre-alpha state.

OK, but I asked at what stage you are now.

Travis_IO
10th Apr 2012, 07:54

Not true.

This thread has been going for a while in one form or another with answers going into the FAQ every month. Easter has delayed this month but by the end of the week, I'll try and get some new answers done. :thumb:

sgg847
10th Apr 2012, 07:59
OK, but I asked at what stage you are now.

I think we all should divide this game on two stages - released and not.

Demoni91
11th Apr 2012, 16:47
I saw that the "Professional Edition" was announced today and dont get me wrong it looks awesome, But I dont seem to be the only person to have expected more? :D:D:D:D

Theres nothing wrong with the Professional Edition in my eyes but I feel there should be a "Silent Assassin Edition" with a lot more to offer...maybe a symbol of the Agency Logo.
Another idea was to have a replica of the Silverballers included which would be Amazing ...and I'm sure people would buy it !

Only a suggestion but please take it into consideration ! :cool:

Moysen
13th Apr 2012, 12:00
Will there be a Hitman 2 (Movie)? Or do you even have anything to do with that kinda stuff? Btw. Nice work with the Hitman Games. I still play Blood Money in my sparetime! :D :thumb:

mcescher1
14th Apr 2012, 02:42
can we expect to see other 'editions' other then the 'Professional Edition'? annddd... can i get some sweet stuff for all of my sweet ideas????? Travis??? email address is nickatsikas@gmail.com :)

Demoni91
15th Apr 2012, 21:23
Can we expect to see Absolution on the Vita ?

Demoni91
15th Apr 2012, 22:45
Also can we expect a demo on the 360/ps3 ?

Jonna
16th Apr 2012, 04:36
Are Hitman Absolution gona be hor+ on pc? I really wana know bc im a huge fan of the Hitman series and i use Dell U3011 (2560x1600) monitor for all my gaming. 99 % of all new games use hor+ on pc bc it works best for all aspectratios as for example 4:3, 5:4, 16:10, 16:9 and 21:9. And it allso works best for eyfinity gaming. I wana play Hitman Absolution full screen with no black bars.So plz can anyone working on the game tell me if its gona be hor+?

16:10 monitors are starting to make a huge comeback it seems. A lot of new 1920x1200 monitors have been coming from Dell, samsung etc. Dells top selling monitor are Dell u2412m (1920x1200) and many many gamers use it. Allso 16:10 is standard on tablets and many ppl stream games from there pc to tablet to play on.:wave:

sgg847
19th Apr 2012, 18:18
Does drought increase snake encounters?

voice4reason
20th Apr 2012, 19:49
In blood money you had to bribe people and spend money if you went guns blazing, if you did it silent assassin like you would have all the money to yourself. Will you be rewarding players for being stealthy (in ways besides achievements and titles)?

Answering this would be greatly appreciated.

Yours truly, Voice4reason

sgg847
21st Apr 2012, 17:25
What does IOI think about the movie Road House and the face of Patrick Swayze? :whistle:

hemrika
23rd Apr 2012, 18:39
I pre-orderd Hitman absolution but i don't know when it is for sale;). Can someone plz tell me when.

Thanks,
L. Hemrika

VasPala
24th Apr 2012, 00:14
Who will be voicing Agent 47? Since no one seems to be answering or even caring about this. Will he even be speaking?

MJ47
24th Apr 2012, 18:28
Q1. When Is The Release Date ?
Q2. Are There Gonna Be Trophies ?
Q3. Are There Gonna Be Intels ?
Q4. Will The Game Have An Online Mode ?

Millllls
25th Apr 2012, 13:29
why did you sack david bateson?
alot of people are asking you this... maybe even Bateson himself.
the least you can do is provide the fans + the voice actor who spent 11 years as Agent 47 with some clarity. :)

Barez
25th Apr 2012, 15:06
Who says IO doesn't want him anymore?! Who knows he said; Sorry guys, aint gonna do this anymore (cause he has other plans) ppl never thought about that ....

Millllls
26th Apr 2012, 13:54
Who says IO doesn't want him anymore?! Who knows he said; Sorry guys, aint gonna do this anymore (cause he has other plans) ppl never thought about that ....

Bateson himself has already said that he was dropped, if you would care to look at Bateson's website he has a comment about it on the homepage reading:

"It’s not been a dull year so far. To all the fans of the computer game series Hitman, I am extremely disappointed to announce that after 11 years as the voice of Agent 47, I have been unceremoniously dropped from the franchise. May I take this opportunity to warmly thank all those who have written to me in support."

everybody who cares already considered that.. but we spoke to Bateson himself to try and get some input from him. IOI also dropped the original voice actor of Diana in favour of a more popular actress.

so yeah, he has no other plans, and is 'extremely disappointed' that he has been dropped.
Nice try, but people DID think of that before we got angry at IOI. :thumb:

imported_Ice_man
27th Apr 2012, 00:14
Has IO come up with a release date yet? or are you getting close?

azauskk
27th Apr 2012, 23:09
Hi, here where I live Hitman games are very popular, and one of the reasons of that is the great sandbox that this game offers. But now, some friends, and me a little, are worried that Absolution wont have any sandbox levels, so my question is quite simple: Will Hitman: Absoltuion have any FULL sandbox stages?

Thanks

Barez
28th Apr 2012, 08:11
Bateson himself has already said that he was dropped, if you would care to look at Bateson's website he has a comment about it on the homepage reading:

"It’s not been a dull year so far. To all the fans of the computer game series Hitman, I am extremely disappointed to announce that after 11 years as the voice of Agent 47, I have been unceremoniously dropped from the franchise. May I take this opportunity to warmly thank all those who have written to me in support."

everybody who cares already considered that.. but we spoke to Bateson himself to try and get some input from him. IOI also dropped the original voice actor of Diana in favour of a more popular actress.

so yeah, he has no other plans, and is 'extremely disappointed' that he has been dropped.
Nice try, but people DID think of that before we got angry at IOI. :thumb:

ok, says enough. But we all better drop that, because even if we ask 100 tmes par day why it isn't him anymore, and why they dropped him, that it is not fair, that we want him and no other.. we wil only hurt ourselves by doing this because there won't change a little thing about that.. just get over it :thumb:

VIPERGTSR01
29th Apr 2012, 12:50
Will first person viewpoint return in Absolution?

MrDup
2nd May 2012, 08:57
Hi !

About PC version, what will be the recommended configuration to comfortably run the game ?

lukasz89
2nd May 2012, 14:36
At what stage is the creation of Hitman: Absolution at this time ? Alpha, Beta or something else?

The0Hitman47
3rd May 2012, 17:02
Will there be assassination missions like in the old games? Such as the opera level in blood money where you have to assassinate targets with civilians around and escape.

Most appreciate an answer, thankyou :)

Speleologist
4th May 2012, 01:23
Will there be an opportunity to play first-person?

Are you going to release DLC after release of the game?

tbcdlad
6th May 2012, 20:14
At what stage is the creation of Hitman: Absolution at this time ? Alpha, Beta or something else?

This is my question also.

By the way, the game looks fantastic, if it isn't game of the year, I might just riot!! JK. :)

Tobias Reaper
10th May 2012, 17:53
Is the PC version of this game going to have a Pro Edition as well? if thats a yes when can we pre-order it?

I noticed we can buy the Pro Edition for Xbox and Playstation but all retailers are only offering the standard version for PC?

7heaven
11th May 2012, 05:18
will you release hitman 1,2,3 or 4 level editor?

Warlegend
11th May 2012, 08:52
I think it fits better in here:

How is the Sniper Challenge handeled? Is it somekind of "Arcade Titel" on Xbox Live featuring Achievements? Or is it more handeled like a Demo or Beta (except of the fact that it is a game on its own^^) with own leaderboards and unlockables?

jglitch
11th May 2012, 21:45
can you release the rest of the sniping mission or if its already the full can you please release a mission where we get to feel if hitman is how it was all the other games...thanks

pmodgill
12th May 2012, 06:39
I am in India, how can i get the Hitman Sniper Challenge.

I have been asking this to nick & travis on Hitmanforum but everyone keeps dodging this question.

Baffled.

please reply. its not that i am asking it for free.

111BLACKLIGHTNING111
12th May 2012, 22:32
What's with the suspicious voice actor change? Why can't Bateson ( the original VA ) "comment further for legal reasons"? Read http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=125368

Furthermore, what exactly is "point shooting"? Is it some gimmicky "I win" button like in Splinter Cell C and Deus Ex HR? No thanks if so. Read http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=125961

MitchRapptor
15th May 2012, 09:07
My question is WHY choose November 20th?! I would love to see hitman absolution do big sales... Massive sales numbers and with this date it won't. Bioshock infinite was pushed back which means GTA 5 will now release in October. Then there's assassins creed 3 on October 30th. Follow that up with halo 4, black ops 2 and more in November and with Xmas shopping... Well you can easily see that hitman won't do big numbers. There have been countless times where a company has pushed up its release date, I hope you consider a September release as to push sales higher.

abdulhamid
19th May 2012, 07:37
will Hitman absolution for pc support wireless xbox360 controller?

Barez
19th May 2012, 11:59
My question is WHY choose November 20th?! I would love to see hitman absolution do big sales... Massive sales numbers and with this date it won't. Bioshock infinite was pushed back which means GTA 5 will now release in October. Then there's assassins creed 3 on October 30th. Follow that up with halo 4, black ops 2 and more in November and with Xmas shopping... Well you can easily see that hitman won't do big numbers. There have been countless times where a company has pushed up its release date, I hope you consider a September release as to push sales higher.

100% agree! Do not forget; World Of Warcraft; Mist Of Pandaren, Guild Wars 2 and more MMO's on PC.. Don't let them chose between H:A, AC3, GTA5, HALO 4 and COD: Black Ops2, because those games are BIG sellers and ppl will not have eyes on H:A as it's 'NEW' (new gamers haven't played this game yet and will prefer to buy a game with their money that is well known, and that's not Hitman as the last game was made in 2006)

I'm just saying.. if its near GTA5 then you may not expect BIG sales :whistle:

lukasz89
19th May 2012, 19:27

Playjex
23rd May 2012, 00:18
1. Will weapons be customizable like in Blood Money (scopes, magazines, silencers, etc.)?

2. Will players get to choose their load-out before they go into the mission?

3. Will we see 47 enter each level in a different suit? In Blood Money he would wear different shirts and ties.

4. When NPCs die do their bodies still look like giant rubber corpses or do they have better physics?

5. Will there be enter and exit wounds from bullets on bodies?

6. Will we still be able to head-butt people and/or punch?

JefBoy
25th May 2012, 13:42
I would like to know where I can pre-order the PC professional version of this game and get the Agent 47 statue they showed on the Facebook page.

ltolman
28th May 2012, 08:51
I dont know if this is a glitch or what but tonight or this morning: May 28, 2012 at 1:30am PST I just checked several online retailers of Hitman: Absolution for PC and both Amazon and Gamestop is ONLY offering Digital Download??? I pre ordered at gamestop a month or two ago, I sincerely hope I get a boxed/retail version

Walmart.com doesnt list Hitman for PC.

So in short I'm asking: Is Hitman: Absolution for the PC, Digital Download only??

Thanks

I sincerely hope not because I'm gonna have to get a bigger Portable Hard Drive, Im beginning to have a full disc doing digital downloads LOL

Hakim_HITMAN
28th May 2012, 12:40
HEY PLEASE HELP ME
I WANT HITMAN ABSOLUTION PROFESSIONAL EDITION OF PC IN UAE COUNTRY PLEASE HELP ME HOW CAN I GET HERE IN UNITED ARAB EMIRATES I AM BIG FAN OF HITMAN :) PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I GET PROFESSIONAL EDITION HERE AND THE PRICE OF THE PROFESSIONAL EDITION HERE IN AED CURRENCY DARHAM
PLEASE HELP ME :(

mcsohicks
28th May 2012, 16:02
It scares me so much that I will play this game, beat it in 5 hours, and take it back to the store. What kept me playing the old ones was the freedom. I could take as long as I wanted, and go where ever I wanted. There wasn't one hallway, there were 15!!! With large open areas and plenty of disguises. I loved figuring out which disguises worked, and which ones didn't. PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS GAME IS LINEAR OR SANDBOX.

Molkifier
28th May 2012, 16:22
There are currently 5 different pre-order bonuses for Hitman: Absolution, each with a variety of weapons and outfits. Let's say i want the Sniper Challenge, but also really like the Public Enemy pack. Will I be able to pre-order one and get the other one later as DLC, or do I have to pre-order two copies of the same game? And while we're on the topic of DLC, are there any plans to release more levels after the initial release?

Playjex
29th May 2012, 14:08
It scares me so much that I will play this game, beat it in 5 hours, and take it back to the store. What kept me playing the old ones was the freedom. I could take as long as I wanted, and go where ever I wanted. There wasn't one hallway, there were 15!!! With large open areas and plenty of disguises. I loved figuring out which disguises worked, and which ones didn't. PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS GAME IS LINEAR OR SANDBOX.

Well the level shown in the library was pretty much the "Death Of A Showman" level in Blood Money wear it was linear but was used as a stepping stone/tutorial for the player.

Pinto00
1st Jun 2012, 18:11
I saw the last trailer that came out, so I started thinking about this:
Will we be able to drive cars?

Barez
1st Jun 2012, 18:56
I saw the last trailer that came out, so I started thinking about this:
Will we be able to drive cars?

HELL NO! If you want to kill ppl and use rpg's and other stuff + driving cars then buy GTA5 dude :rolleyes:

Pinto00
1st Jun 2012, 20:27
HELL NO! If you want to kill ppl and use rpg's and other stuff + driving cars then buy GTA5 dude :rolleyes:

I already have....
But that wasn't just a question, I like the game like it was. So the question isn't would you like? or I would like...!, but will the game have that possibility?

zAleex
1st Jun 2012, 23:02
Will we see more latex Nuns in the actual game?:D:D

Augustine
2nd Jun 2012, 08:33
Will you ever state why David Bateson won't be returning as Agent 47?

Why did you replace Vivienne Mckee (Diana Burnwood's original VA)?

Will 47 get to pick weapons before a mission, and is he restricted in how many weapons he can take?

SonOfSparda
2nd Jun 2012, 23:34
I have many questions, and there are few of them:

1, Is there any chance that I will not be able to use clothes penetrated with bullets/covered in blood? It would be pretty epic on highest difficulty to choose wisely how to get disguise. For example, I will use lethal takedown with handgun (that nice animation of 47 shooting 2 bullets in the back of the victim, so his clothes are not 100% clean, it could show like status of his clothes as 90% or damaged on the hud disguise only from bigger distance etc.

2, More info about save system? I heard in E3 hands-on demo producer called whole assassination of King of the Chinatown as one "checkpoint", basically he called whole mission from previous games as "checkpoint", and it confuses me a little bit.

3, There was a rumour that Absolution is last hitman game, someone have asked this question already, and you answered NO (thank god for NO!), but is this game the last one from IOI? :'(

Love you guys! Can't wait for Hitman, Chinatown hyped the hell out of me, it was nice to see 47 back once again with different ways to kill target :)

Spaghetti Pantsu
4th Jun 2012, 03:08
I'm very much concerned about the immersion in this game, so 3 questions:

1) Will an OPTIONAL First Person View be returning? Playing in first person view in past Hitman games immensely increased immersion for me.

2) Will there be an option to play the game without a HUD? Again IMMERSION, plus it should be OPTIONAL.

3) Will the PC version support modding? Just in case you guys wont simply add in the above options, at least have the decency for someone else to be able to put it in. Also mods would greatly oncrease the lifespan of the game.

Cavalerra
4th Jun 2012, 11:38
Comment and question - Kindly read -

Very briefly, I started playing hitman a LONG time ago. I own all your titles and I love the hitman series. Here is my biggest problem - the change of voice actor. You guys have to do a better job in the game to explain why 47 changes voice. Maybe he is a chameleon and can do several different voices, or does several different voices with different clientele in order for him to mask his true identity. Kind of like in the movie "The Jackal".

Don't just change the voice actor without properly explaining why ingame. Id be more happy if you paid the guy extra money so he can do a mod which the die hard fans like me can buy (with his voice).

Its such an annoying little bit, don't just let it float! its too annoying for me to stomach. I don't care for the argument that 47 doesn't talk much anyway. It bugs the living day lights out of me.

SO the question is this, what will you do to properly and authentically transition old school players (like myself) onto the new voice of agent 47, without forcing it down our throats?

Don't just ignore this issue, allot of us love the series and have invested allot of hard earned time and money buying and playing the previous titles.

---------

One last thing, add something that dissolves blood! Some type of tool that can mask it, or at least allow 47 to get a wet towel and clean away the blood.

That's all

-C

b0wmz
4th Jun 2012, 17:51
already known if absolution will be cut in germany? if i preorder via steam right now do i receive an uncut verion also if it will be cut? if i do not receive an uncut version will i get my money back?

SonOfSparda
5th Jun 2012, 13:13
I'm very much concerned about the immersion in this game, so 3 questions:

1) Will an OPTIONAL First Person View be returning? Playing in first person view in past Hitman games immensely increased immersion for me.

2) Will there be an option to play the game without a HUD? Again IMMERSION, plus it should be OPTIONAL.

3) Will the PC version support modding? Just in case you guys wont simply add in the above options, at least have the decency for someone else to be able to put it in. Also mods would greatly oncrease the lifespan of the game.

Question 2 was already answered, Absolution will offer Purist mode- no hud no help from agency on the "map"

dreamtank666
5th Jun 2012, 15:15
Sorry if it has already been answered, but i didn't find it in FAQ.

While i'm a Hitman huge Hitman fun who beat all previous Hitman games many times, i was glad to finally hear about pre-order. I'm planning to pre-order it in a couple of days, and there is a question: will all of pre-order packs (that Wallmart, Bestbuy and other things with suits and guns from certain retailers) be available for purchase in the near future? As DLC separately? I don't even ask about the exact day. Just curious if you have such plans. I always want to maximize my gaming experience, so i'm not going to miss a single piece of the game. Just wondering if i need to bother, waiting for DLC packs (or even the GOTY edition with all preorder packs, Professional edition DLCs and Sniper challenge included though it seems to be very unlikely). I'm a Steam customer for a reason. So, it's pretty important to me.

There was another Eidos game: DX: HR - all of its preorder packs were later released as purchaseable DLCs. Can i hope that case will be alike for Hitman: Absolution too?

Thanks in advance.

lukasz89
6th Jun 2012, 15:34
Any new information on the demo version ?

jack_tamaki
7th Jun 2012, 04:17
Will the level "Attack of the Saints" be cut from the game due to all of the controversy the trailer cause? Personal, I would want to play that level for myself.

Platinumoxicity
7th Jun 2012, 07:11
Will the level "Attack of the Saints" be cut from the game due to all of the controversy the trailer cause? Personal, I would want to play that level for myself.

No actually "Will there be an easter egg of people talking about a fake controversy where the offended party didn't actually exist at all and nobody knew what the fuss was actually about?" :D

I actually still don't know what people are talking about when they bring up the Saints so-called controversy.

Forty7even
9th Jun 2012, 00:36
Can anyone confirm me that the animation problems in "King of Chinatown" demo, and of course, the rest of the game, will be polished and updated ? Thanks!

111BLACKLIGHTNING111
11th Jun 2012, 04:45
That's pretty laughable that someone would be offended by the possibility of driving cars in Hitman.

HitmanKillahPR
11th Jun 2012, 21:42
Hitman is my favorite franchise since blood money, and my only concern is from what ive seen so far from game plays, is that it looks too linear..are we still going to have different ways to assassinate our targets like blood money?

KleanZlate
11th Jun 2012, 22:15
Hitman is my favorite franchise since blood money, and my only concern is from what ive seen so far from game plays, is that it looks too linear..are we still going to have different ways to assassinate our targets like blood money?

This should put your mind at ease :)

4ZjgI2QTxhM

legnakcalb
12th Jun 2012, 04:10
If you have not already heard the news about Diana, then there are some SPOILERS ahead

Okay, so do we all really belive that 47 is going to do the deed? If this is true, the more I read about it, it seems to become even more so. If this were to happen I would loose all respect for 47 and would not play or purchase the game. This is absolutly atrocious!

47 was pushed back into his line of work when his preist friend got kidnapped. Later Diana saved the day by faking his death and blah blah good work. Everything is ok. However, 47 now sent by the AGENCY to get his handler of 12 or so years. If he does just follow them so blindly to kill his friend that saved his ass, it would feel like 47 has no brain at all and is an utter puppet for the agency.

Now what I am asking is... Would it be possible for 47 to fake diana's death in any form at all?

I just don't see some big hollywood actress taking the role of Diana just to die in the game. Sure there would be fash back Dialouge and so on, but I mean come on. Agent 47 is a professional, but he is not a blubbering idiot to kill one of his trusted allies. EVEN if he was tricked into the assignment I am sure the curiosity of "why" would overwhelm him to ask questions at the very least. Not actually killing her.
I also understand that her "dying wish" is to save this girl and whatever, but I mean killing Diana is not the only way to get the mission started. I am certian that 47 would do a favor for Diana if she asked him for one. He has done so in past games has he not? I am pretty sure he has! Oh god the more I think about it, the more it drives me insane!
I just find this very appauling, and dissapointing for the franchise.
I do understand that many are getting bored of the Diana/47 friendship but, this would have been a huge chance to get some indepth storyline going on.

Thanks in advance for any input anyone can offer.

Travis_IO
12th Jun 2012, 08:16
OK, here's the deal: This thread hasn't seen the attention that I would have liked so a bumper update is coming up. Get all your questions in and I'll answer a bunch of them at the end of the week.

MilesOSmiles
12th Jun 2012, 09:24
Joined to ask one question: why was David Bateson replaced? It's been over a year now since fans have been told it "isn't being discussed right now." Just rip that bandage off quick and address it. No one's going to stop asking. This isn't going to magically go away. And the longer you wait, the worse it looks for IOI, Eidos, etc.

Augustine
12th Jun 2012, 23:53
OK, here's the deal: This thread hasn't seen the attention that I would have liked so a bumper update is coming up. Get all your questions in and I'll answer a bunch of them at the end of the week.

gonna go ahead and re-post my questions, and some new ones too.

Will you ever state why David Bateson won't be returning as Agent 47?

Why did you replace Vivienne Mckee (Diana Burnwood's original VA)?

Will 47 get to pick weapons before a mission, and is he restricted in how many weapons he can take?

How many missions will there be, alot like in Hitman 2 or some like in Blood Money?

Is Absolution set entirely in the United States?

Will 47 be able to keep melee weapons, I'm thinking knives, so that he can pick them before a mission starts?

will 47 be able to use his .45 pistol as a single pistol, or will he only dual-weild it?

Does 47 have a poison and sedative syringe?

can 47 use hand to hand moves to kill NPCs?

b0wmz
13th Jun 2012, 15:43
I'll answer a bunch of them at the end of the week.
On your answer concerning cut versions in Germany depends if I will buy the game or not so hurry up please :D

mcescher1
14th Jun 2012, 06:21
:wave: i have some Q's

pick a few big Trav

1. will all weapons be upgradable? or only select few?
2. will pre-order people be able to download the china town demo at some point?
3. where does this installment come in on the story line??
4. can you put an escher painting somewhere in the game?? that would be cool
5. does 47 (the user) operate any vehicles in Absolution??:naughty:
6. do you like pina' colada's?
7. do we really have to wait untill november 20?

ty:rolleyes:

tbcdlad
14th Jun 2012, 06:51
First question, have you guys figured out how long the entire game will be?

Question 2, any news on a demo?

Final question, what instinct abilities do we have access to now in each difficulty level, and as for purist mode, what will we have access to?
Thanks.

KleanZlate
14th Jun 2012, 11:08
Here are my questions:

- Will 47 be able to use the new cover system to take out enemies in various ways and will it depend on what weapon he is carrying how he can take them out (from cover)?

- Will you address the Bateson issue before the game comes out?

- I know there are checkpoints but will there also be manual saves?

Thank you for taking the time and thanks to the team for listening to the fans.

Forty7even
14th Jun 2012, 11:47
-We'll be able to play a demo in a near future ? (Example: King of Chinatown)
-When the system requirements will be up for the Pc users ?
-Will Agent 47 earn money to upgrade weapons?

Thanks Travis! Keep up the good work!

tbcdlad
14th Jun 2012, 20:04
I have another question other than my three listed above, how exactly does health regeneration work? I know in past games this really wasn't used at all, and I was wondering if health regenerates over time or you need to use health packs or neither. Thank you.

tbcdlad
14th Jun 2012, 20:14
Oh, and how about 47's inventory, how many weapons can he carry at any given time? Is he only able to carry weapons of a certain size? For example, have you made it so that he can't carry a rifle in his pocket. :) Also, what role do cameras play in Absolution. Do they blow your cover if you are in a restricted area immediately? Do you have to find the video tape? Or, when you are in disguise, does it damage your mission rating? How many different melee move animations have been created for use in the game, I know I've seen a ton already, but I'm just wondering out of curiousity. Are there some missions that don't take place in huge crowds of people, but they still have the kill sandbox design, like King of Chinatown but with less people. Finally, in the final game, are we able to disable certain parts of instinct? For example, can we disable the paths the targets take, but still be able to use instinct to locate our targets or hide our faces from our enemies while in disguise?

By the way, thank you so very much for taking the time to answer our questions. This is just why I love IO Interactive and their games, because you guys listen to us. Thank you and I'm just dying to play this game, I've wanted to play it since the day I completed Blood Money six years ago!!

ltolman
15th Jun 2012, 01:12
I think I posted a question on page 8; I'm not sure if you're going all the way back but heres my question again:

Is PC Version "Digital Download Only" because both Gamestop/Amazon is showing "download" no box :(

Thanks

Igoryan
15th Jun 2012, 15:20
Hitman Absolution on Steam PC have achievements?

Kellerman
15th Jun 2012, 17:57
When you say "Agent 47 works alone" as an answer to "Will there be Multiplayer?", is that the fancy way of saying there will not be a multiplayer, or multiplayer will not have any sort of "team games" like Assassins Creed or Max Payne?

clack
16th Jun 2012, 16:10
Ok there's another question.
I just saw this video herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZjgI2QTxhM&feature=relmfu and I found out that there wasn't any animation when he holsters the guns. Is it going to get fixed?
(Sorry for my bad english,I'm a Greek fun of Hitman)

mcescher1
16th Jun 2012, 17:34
good question here!!!!

will 47 be able to shoot through walls???????

realistically we can shoot through walls in real life... some walls we cannot... is this the case in absolution??

i know for me there has been a few times where im thinking...'when this guy opens this door im dead... i can't take another hit... and he knows im here... let me shoot through this wooden door... so i can kill the s.o.b.'

:) thanks ahead of time

it would be funny to watch these things in instinct as well :D

mcescher1
16th Jun 2012, 21:11
what kind of hand to hand combat does 47 utilize?? like... what style of fighting?? does he have an official style??

TexanShooter
18th Jun 2012, 06:37
Will you all be adding another stage or something else to the sniper challenge? Or is it just a dead end already lol. It's a long time from here to Nov.

Silenter
18th Jun 2012, 13:30
Hi, IO, all the best from Germany! I am really looking forward to Absolution, although it's tough to be patient until 20th November. But it's a good time of the year to play as 47 as I don't see it as a "summer game".

But, enough of that, here's my question. Will Agent 47 be able to behave kind of organic with his environment? Meaning that 47 can sit down, use chairs, read a paper or something like that. In the previous games Agent 47 couldn't do anything like that when waiting for an objective or supervising the area. It would add some big time of realism if 47 could do all that inconspicuously instead of just standing still, having turned his eyes to the wall.

Or maybe, if not for Absolution, is that a thing you plan to introduce?

KleanZlate
18th Jun 2012, 22:07

Which week? ;)

tbcdlad
19th Jun 2012, 03:22
Any idea of how huge of a role crowds will play in Absolution? I know that King of Chinatown uses them as well as a few other levels, but I was wondering if there will be any levels that are designed using the "kill sandbox" without crowds. Sort of like Anathema from Silent Assassin or A New Life from Blood Money? Thanks.

Rekalty
20th Jun 2012, 15:02
Will Hitman: Absolution have DLC? (New missions, weapons and such.)

MasterSegos
20th Jun 2012, 21:18
1.Does the Professional Edition including the Sniper Challenge except the ones its already told by the the announce?

Sly Cooper
22nd Jun 2012, 11:02
Will this game feature takedowns from certain positions? example 47 hides in cover on a wall with knife, guard walks up and 47 grabs him and stabs him and hides body behind cover

Royto2
22nd Jun 2012, 14:52
i have just received my code of sniper challenge but when i go to www.hitmansniper.com and entered in my information it said "Sorry you cannot access this site at this time" Could you be kind enough to provide me with a solution. Thank you

mcescher1
22nd Jun 2012, 18:44
Will you all be adding another stage or something else to the sniper challenge? Or is it just a dead end already lol. It's a long time from here to Nov.

yeaaaaa

JFarm13
22nd Jun 2012, 19:15
Whens the next demo coming out besides the sniper challenge maybe release the Chinatown?

JFarm13
22nd Jun 2012, 19:16
I was thinking the same thing, I saw in the king of Chinatown demo that he was hiding behind the car so that's a good possibility

JFarm13
22nd Jun 2012, 19:28
This is To the Devs : hay guys i know your doing hard work but please Make this game harder i played HM:BM on expert and completed it about 4 times on that difficulty and got almost all the Missions Silent Assassin So please by putting this instinct thing your are making the game EASY i want to play on expert and feel like it is hard so in this mode or any other mode similar to expert ( hardcore - zeolot ... god know what ) REMOVE INSTINCT D also Make us more Detectable even when eating a donat . alas : im a hardcore fan and ive played every single HM game and i dont want to see it Ruined Because of INSTINCT or a DONAT !!!!

You dont have to use it, and the higher the difficulty the less you get so maybe the highest wont have it

JFarm13
23rd Jun 2012, 01:20
Ok there's another question.
I just saw this video herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZjgI2QTxhM&feature=relmfu and I found out that there wasn't any animation when he holsters the guns. Is it going to get fixed?
(Sorry for my bad english,I'm a Greek fun of Hitman)

They said that that was a bug they already fixed it

tbcdlad
24th Jun 2012, 00:26
Just a quick question. I know you guys haven't decided on whether or not there will be a demo yet, but I was wondering if you guys have a date in mind of when you would announce whether or not we will have a demo of Absolution before November 20th? Like is there a certain month in which you would make this announcement? Thank you for your consideration.

JFarm13
26th Jun 2012, 16:24
Is there a possibility that agent 48 will show up in Absolution. Maybe to kill 47??

JFarm13
26th Jun 2012, 16:28
Is there a possibility that agent 48 will show up in Absolution. Maybe to kill 47??

Never mind I read something that tells me about 47 killing a series of 48s with a minigun

Bane391
27th Jun 2012, 18:48
In Blood Money when you switch weapons, it shows 47 uncover the weapon form his suit, however in the gameplay so far the weapon magically appears into his hand, this also happends when 47 picks up a weapon. Has this been done on purpose?

Travis_IO
27th Jun 2012, 21:07
Be sure to check out the Answers Thread for the most recently answered questions. Another set will be answered in the first week of July...