PDA

View Full Version : Teaser footage actually in-game footage?

ScarletSnake
12th May 2011, 11:18
Hi guys;

Since I've seen the teaser, every other game I've been expecting pretty much went out the window, being a huge IOI and Hitman fan, I'm extremely excited about this new installment. I read someplace that IOI was using a new version of the Glacier engine to power the new Hitman game, and looking at the possible poly count for 47's glove fingers in the teaser I'd bet that footage of him attaching a suppressor onto his 1911 is real-time, in game footage. Games have had that amount of polygons for a character for some time now, and we do have post-processing effects that can make the backdrop blur, we also have all the fancy shaders we'd need, from subsurface scattering skin shaders to rim lighting clothing shaders in the games we play, so I believe it's quite possible that we're finally gonna play something that's visually similar to all those kick-ass pre-rendered Hitman trailers we've seen over the years. We should also consider the visual leap that was Blood Money, considering the previous one was Contracts. Maybe Absolution will follow in Blood Money's path. :thumb:

By the way, anyone else notice that 47 changed the trigger on his AMT Hard/Silverballer, it's no longer an extended classic AMT match trigger, but a 1911A1 style short trigger. He also appears to have a new pair of gloves. Let's hope for the best!

GrievousOdyssey
12th May 2011, 11:30
It seriously looked too good to be in-game ...

And if it was not CG , then surely we would have heard something like "made entirely out of in-game footage" by now ...

Let's just wait for the next trailer ...

Irate_Iguana
12th May 2011, 11:41
And if it was not CG , then surely we would have heard something like "made entirely out of in-game footage" by now ...

This. If it was actual in-game and not pre-rendered they would have advertised that immediately. Easiest way to get people excited. Besides, the press release talked about a stylized look for the visuals.

ScarletSnake
12th May 2011, 11:47
It seriously looked too good to be in-game ...

Let's just wait for the next trailer ...

You realize that I'm talking about the part with 47, not the snake&1911? If so, games have far surpassed that graphics quality, look at how the light reflects off 47's fingers(you can actually tell they're low poly by looking at still images as well, they're too blocky), they wouldn't use low-poly models like that for pre-rendered stuff. Remember how they used pre-rendered videos with in-game footage for Blood Money trailers, where 47 and Parchezzi would point their guns at each other? I'm guessing they're going for something similar here. Let's hope that E3 will bring us in-game goodies.

Falkenwut
12th May 2011, 13:14
Knowing how IOI make their work using the Glacier engine, my guess it's a CG.
Notice the trailer for Mini ninjas (I know it's probably the worst example, but follow up...)
The characters have cube-shaped fingers - much like in-game, but it's used to make the CG. so.... what do you guys think?

Acid_Burn
12th May 2011, 13:27
It is really CG.

BeardedHoplite
12th May 2011, 21:04
On the subject of 47's Hardballer, did anyone notice how the grip looked smaller? Like it's a 9mm instead of a .45

Irate_Iguana
13th May 2011, 07:58
On the subject of 47's Hardballer, did anyone notice how the grip looked smaller? Like it's a 9mm instead of a .45

The 9mm and .45 version of the 1911 both have the same grip length, width and depth. It's just a rendering difference.