PDA

View Full Version : The Lounge (off topic thread)

Driber
12th May 2011, 09:35
As with most forums, here is a dedicated thread where you guys can loosen up a bit and don't have to worry about staying on topic for all the time. Feel free to talk about anything here with your fellow Hitman fans!

Remember that the TOU still apply, so keep whatever you feel like sharing here, friendly.

And keep in mind that being allowed to be off topic, doesn't mean it's ok to SPAM. Using this thread to post useless gibberish or flooding it just to boost your post count is still not ok.

So I will start....

Who loves freshly cut grass?

JackGordon
12th May 2011, 09:42
I actually do love the smell of freshly cut grass. Unfortunately I always forget to clean up the mess my dogs have left behind in my garden so my lawnmowing adventures involve a lot of crap. And, by the way, I still use a push reel.

Driber
12th May 2011, 09:53
Eww that's disgusting. By the look of your avatar, you got some on your face :lol:

BTW, why not just walk your dogs and keep your garden free of their excreta?

JackGordon
12th May 2011, 10:04
My avatar is the moon from "Le Voyage dans la lune" by Georges Méliès (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_M%C3%A9li%C3%A8s).

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/04/Le_Voyage_dans_la_lune.jpg

And yes, I do walk my dogs. Very often, in fact. But when they play about in the garden, science knows what they'll be up to. Besides, poop is good for nature.

Driber
12th May 2011, 10:20
That it is. But do you not mind the smell then? Or do you have a huge garden and it goes unnoticed?

One of our neighbor's dogs also urinates in their garden. Though he does it most likely because it's a neurotic dog and can't help it. He constantly barks and runs around the garden frantically.

My avatar is the moon from "Le Voyage dans la lune" by Georges Méliès (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_M%C3%A9li%C3%A8s).

I was not serious, of course ;)

JackGordon
12th May 2011, 10:54
I was not serious, of course ;)I know ;) Was just throwing it in there.

That it is. But do you not mind the smell then? Or do you have a huge garden and it goes unnoticed?I have an average sized garden and my dogs are rather small; a female Papillion and a male Lhasa Apso, both 13 y/o. Their excrements are quite small and I tend to let the grass grow for while, so yes, it goes practically unnoticed. There's little to no smell at all (lots of flowers in my garden anyways). Then again, it all depends on their diet.

One of our neighbor's dogs also urinates in their garden. Though he does it most likely because it's a neurotic dog and can't help it. He constantly barks and runs around the garden frantically.
What can I say, dogs will be dogs. All they want is to be happy... But much like a child that keeps on crying and crying and crying, the barking can get annoying but it's a matter of building up a certain level of tolerance towards it because after all, it's all they have to communicate.

GrievousOdyssey
12th May 2011, 11:04
it's a matter of building up a certain level of tolerance towards it because after all, it's all they have to communicate.

So what is it with all this hate on my nonsensical rambling wall of text armada ? ...

JackGordon
12th May 2011, 11:12
Ah! Charles! That's a different story. You see...

*flees from this discussion like a lunatic*

Sotsiak
12th May 2011, 17:26
So, a friend of mine lend me hitman 2 and 3 (PC always) for a playthrough or two. I am getting through Silent Assasin right now and I find it awesome, also a bit more difficult than the first one (on expert compared to hard of the first one). Lots of free time these days so I expect to finish them soon, just have to find Blood Money now. Cheers :D

BigBoss
12th May 2011, 18:17
Why is this called the lounge?

Brackstone17
12th May 2011, 18:37
it's a matter of building up a certain level of tolerance towards it because after all, it's all they have to communicate.

I'm glad I have a dog that can communicate without barking, I don't have to build a tolerance.

JackGordon
12th May 2011, 19:06
Y'know, I'm sure you know this but, dogs aren't just pretty furry little things to pet and look at... Of course, if your dog is the quiet type then hopefully he can alert you some other way to tell you that there's a stranger wandering about in your backyard, should it ever happen. :p

Brackstone17
12th May 2011, 19:22
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nsBsA1RVu8&feature=related) is more in line with what I'm talking about, minus the annoying pet owner talk. I have the same breed, and my god these things can be vocal, but expressive at the same time.

JackGordon
12th May 2011, 19:33
Truly beautiful and kind-spirited dogs, lad.

But yes, it also depends on the type of character one's dog has. My Papillion is very protective, very intelligent, very alert, yet very scared of every living thing (except of me).

BeardedHoplite
12th May 2011, 21:08
I know ;) Their excrements are quite small and I tend to let the grass grow for while, so yes, it goes practically unnoticed. There's little to no smell at all (lots of flowers in my garden anyways).

Wow. Dog Man's a gardener, a Silent Hill fan, a K&L Fan and a Belgian.
Marvelous.

JackGordon
12th May 2011, 21:18
And there's more! But why spoil everything right away? :p

Driber
13th May 2011, 06:40
Y'know, I'm sure you know this but, dogs aren't just pretty furry little things to pet and look at... Of course, if your dog is the quiet type then hopefully he can alert you some other way to tell you that there's a stranger wandering about in your backyard, should it ever happen. :p

Well, barking when someone trespasses is fine. I am just sometimes annoyed with all the dogs who have to bark when you're just passing the house from a distance.

We have a lot of small family houses around here and most people have dogs. When just normally walking through a street, it's one dog after another barking at you, even when walking in the middle of the road and not even near the dog's territory.

It's kinda hard to build a resistance against that, you know.

And I'm not even so much annoyed with the animal itself, as with their owners, who are suppose to teach a dog manners. Unfortunately, a lot of people just get a dog because they are cute when they are small, but when the grow up, they don't put much attention to their pet anymore.

This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nsBsA1RVu8&feature=related) is more in line with what I'm talking about, minus the annoying pet owner talk. I have the same breed, and my god these things can be vocal, but expressive at the same time.

haha, I love this one :D

Ndco2Ts8juQ

JackGordon
13th May 2011, 07:03
It's kinda hard to build a resistance against that, you know.I understand perfectly but I suggest trying harder...

"We hate most in others what we dislike in ourselves". That's why we try and twist/corrupt the very nature of other living beings to our will so that they become more like us and thus less of a nuisance.
Yes, it is recommended to train a dog but not to strip it from every natural instinct it owns. They're animals and so are we, the only difference is that we, as a species, tend to think more of ourselves and fail to see the negative impact it leaves on our immediate surroundings.

GrievousOdyssey
13th May 2011, 10:46
Man stop being such a hypocrite and fetch my pills ! ...

Driber
13th May 2011, 11:11
A dog can perfectly well be trained to not aggressively bark at strangers when there is no reason to. This IMO wouldn't strip it of its "identity".

I do however have a problem with dogs being humanized (wearing clothes, hair styling, being put in handbags, etc), I think that strips them of their identity.

Like I said, just protecting their master's property in case there is a trespasser is fine, but to aggressively bark at every innocent pedestrian or even scaring little kids as they pass by the house and are suddenly startled by a loud dog barking at them out of the blue, is not. It is the owner's responsibility to do something about this.

It is often problematic to discuss this, though. A dog's aggressiveness usually reflects the personality of its owner.

My sister had the misfortune to live right next door to a neighbor whoms dog was left alone all day while the neighbor was at work. The dog would make loud noise the whole day long and the owner wouldn't do something about it. It drove my sister insane, because she had to be home all day to nurse her young child.

My gf and I have been more lucky so far. We too have a dog downstairs who tends to freak out whenever he is alone. But after we communicated this problem with the neighbor, she did something about it because soon afterward it stopped.

Sometimes it can be as simple as just leaving the TV or radio on when you leave the house, so that the animal doesn't feel so alone.

JackGordon
13th May 2011, 11:26
Man stop being such a hypocrite and fetch my pills ! ...*Dead Men audio sample* "Get your own!"

I do however have a problem with dogs being humanized (wearing clothes, hair styling, being put in handbags, etc), I think that strips them of their identity.I fully agree with this.

It is the owner's responsibility to do something about this.Agreed. Hence why I usually scare the kids away myself :cool: No more kids, no more barking.

It is often problematic to discuss this, though. A dog's aggressiveness usually reflects the personality of its owner.I wouldn't say 'agressiveness' but 'general behavior' instead.

The dog would make loud noise the whole day long and the owner wouldn't do something about it.That's downright negligence. People like that shouldn't be allowed to keep a dog.

My gf and I have been more lucky so far. We too have a dog downstairs who tends to freak out whenever he is alone. But after we communicated this problem with the neighbor, she did something about it because soon afterward it stopped.
Sometimes it can be as simple as just leaving the TV or radio on when you leave the house, so that the animal doesn't feel so alone.Done and done right.:thumb:

BigBoss
13th May 2011, 12:12
I don't see the point in owning an animal if you're only going to pay attention to it like an hour a day. It's disrespectful of the poor dog that it has to live its life in solitude so that a person can enjoy it for a tiny amount of time.

JackGordon
13th May 2011, 12:22
Unfortunately, that's what many people are like. They buy a dog for their stupid kids, their kids get bored of the dog because it's not able to fire lightning bolts and save the world so they go back to their video games. The parents are too busy with their jobs so they get rid of the dog and buy a cat.

My posh neighbours are guilty of this, by the way. Heartless pricks. Public execution by firing squad.

German
13th May 2011, 15:23
I just bagged 92 bags of leaves from my Grand Mother's house .

These bags are 40 gallon size (really big ones)

took me 2 days to finish

(YES we are firing the current lawn-care company)

Here's a simple tip for dog owners out there, when walking your dog , does your dog lead you or does it stay behind you when you walk?

If it leads you ...Her/Him thinks it's your pact leader.

If it walks behind you , it respects you as pact leader.

Next time you walk , hold your dog behind you the entire walk ,wait until they relax then let the leash loose , if they go ahead of you , stop walking and pull them behind you , be gentle but firm.

Keep them BEHIND you at all times, but DON'T tense up, tray to walk shoulders high with authority. When they start to behave let the leash loosen (as long as they're behind you or to your side then let the leash relax).

It may take 1-2 days of holding them behind you , but they'll start to acknowledge you as the pact leader.

I did this for 1 day with my Mother's dogs and they all immediately understood I was pact leader (so is my Mother) and they all walk behind us now.

This teaches them to respect you and listen to commands in other scenarios.

It's one simple way of beginning to teach your dog how to be happy and healthy.

Unfortunately, that's what many people are like. They buy a dog for their stupid kids, their kids get bored of the dog because it's not able to fire lightning bolts and save the world so they go back to their video games. The parents are too busy with their jobs so they get rid of the dog and buy a cat.

My posh neighbours are guilty of this, by the way. Heartless pricks. Public execution by firing squad.

I see this to with my neighbors , I see the parents mowing the lawn and the kid sits inside.

Not if it was my kid he'd be out there mowing the lawn.

JackGordon
13th May 2011, 15:49
Here's a simple tip for dog owners out there, when walking your dog , does your dog lead you or does it stay behind you when you walk?

If it leads you ...Her/Him thinks it's your pact leader.

If it walks behind you , it respects you as pact leader.

Next time you walk , hold your dog behind you the entire walk ,wait until they relax then let the leash loose , if they go ahead of you , stop walking and pull them behind you , be gentle but firm.

Keep them BEHIND you at all times, but DON'T tense up, tray to walk shoulders high with authority. When they start to behave let the leash loosen (as long as they're behind you or to your side then let the leash relax).

It may take 1-2 days of holding them behind you , but they'll start to acknowledge you as the pact leader.

I did this for 1 day with my Mother's dogs and they all immediately understood I was pact leader (so is my Mother) and they all walk behind us now.

This teaches them to respect you and listen to commands in other scenarios.

It's one simple way of beginning to teach your dog how to be happy and healthy.That's not entirely true (though the 'leader' bit is)... The proper way to walk your dog is at your side. Not behind you (you don't have eyes on your back) and not in front of you, even though that's less dangerous.

German
13th May 2011, 15:58
That's not entirely true (though the 'leader' bit is)... The proper way to walk your dog is at your side. Not behind you (you don't have eyes on your back) and not in front of you, even though that's less dangerous.

Why would it be dangerous for them to walk behind you?
Dogs walk behind pact leaders in the wild all day long

I walk 3 dogs at once and 2 of them (as a their own little doggy personal preference) prefer to stay in back of me while 1 stays to my side

It's called "A PACT" you know like dogs in the wild

why do you need eyes in the back of your head, you're pact leader you don't need to look at them , they follow the leader

BTW I got all my information from Caesar Milan dog training videos, they do work.

The only reason I hold them behind me is for training to teach them "I'm the leader, I'm in front"

after that some will prefer to stay to the back some will stay to your side

I'm done with this topic personally and will move on

JackGordon
13th May 2011, 16:09
Why would it be dangerous for them to walk behind you?I live in 'a dirty unpleasant place' called Brussels (Belgium) near a rather dangerous road. Like I said: I don' t have eyes on my back and If I let my dogs walk behind me, they might suddenly walk on the street. Keep in mind: my dogs are small and not fully trained. So I try to keep 'em close, next to me.

It's called "A PACT" you know like dogs in the wild That's what it's usually called, yes...

The only reason I hold them behind me is for training to teach them "I'm the leader, I'm in front"They know you are, no need to remind them.

Caesar Milan.He broke Cartman after all :lol:

I'm done with this topic personally and will move on:hmm: The hell is your problem?

Rindill the Red
13th May 2011, 17:32
It's called "A PACT" you know like dogs in the wild

why do you need eyes in the back of your head, you're pact leader you don't need to look at them , they follow the leader

Lol.

How old are you? Like 5? It's not a pact. It's called a pack. :lol: ROFL. :lmao:

I can now safely ignore you from this point on.

Pact = A formal agreement between individuals or parties

Pack = A group of wild animals, esp. wolves, living and hunting together

Driber
13th May 2011, 17:49
JackGordon, do not circumvent our forum censor.
Rindill the Red, stay friendly and refrain from insulting other members.

Since this is a new forum and we all still have to get to know each other, I'll be gentle for now and won't hand out infractions yet, but keep our TOU in mind when posting, folks.

JackGordon
13th May 2011, 18:29
It's an expression... And since I don't like people censoring me, I'll edit it myself with a more gentle substitute.

BigBoss
13th May 2011, 18:35
dog walking is serious business

Driber
13th May 2011, 18:51
It's an expression... And since I don't like people censoring me, I'll edit it myself with a more gentle substitute.

You probably misunderstood. The expression was not the problem, you could have written craphole and I would be fine with it. But you wrote the S word and circumvented the automatic censor by placing an asterix instead of a letter, making it clear which disallowed word you used. This is against our TOU.

JackGordon
13th May 2011, 20:19
I placed an asterix because otherwise it would censor the whole word.

Isn't crap essentially the same as ****? I understand an automatic forum censor isn't able to place words within context but frankly, both words mean exactly the same thing.

But ok, I'll refrain from causing ripples in the water. Besides, I don't want to risk a frontal lobotomy :p

Driber
13th May 2011, 22:36
Speaking of frontal lobotomies, I just returned from watching Aliens :D

A good old classic and a very nice movie to see in HD this time around.

What is your favorite classic sci-fi movie of you guys?

BeardedHoplite
13th May 2011, 23:12
Blade Runner. There is no better 1980s sci-fi movie. Period

JackGordon
13th May 2011, 23:54
"Alien³ - Assembly Cut". I kid you not. It's my all-time favorite sci-fi/horror movie. I've seen it over 50 times and will continue to do so. By the way, Alien fans in general should get their claws on the Alien Anthology blu ray box asap.

14th May 2011, 00:30
The Terminator and The Predator

Brackstone17
14th May 2011, 05:12
Favourite classic sci-fi? I'm not really a sci-fi type of guy, so if The Road Warrior counts, then I'd say that one.

Also, to briefly return to a previous point, yes it is bad to leave a dog alone for long periods of time, but I find it must have some amounts of alone time each day otherwise it gets too clingy. Also, in my experience, it is more being indoors and alone that bothers dogs, if you have a backyard to let them roam around in, they are less lonely. Of course you should never leave your dog outside if you aren't around, though.

Alright, back to the sci-fi topic.

Edit: I might actually throw in Westworld and The Thing if they all qualify, with The Thing being at the top of the list.

GrievousOdyssey
14th May 2011, 11:58
I'm done with this topic personally and will move on

I heard you man , all this dog :) loving :) people and :)ing conversations that just :) ing stains all over the :)ing place it seriously wants us to go :)ing break some :) and :)ing throw :) on people's :)ing faces ! AAAAAHHHHH ...
And then look at Dog Man :)ing breaking rules and :) , that man has no :)ing shame , :)ing lives on a dangerous :)ty minefield too , lol ...

Anywya ...

The lack of Starship Troopers in the science fiction topic is truly embarrassing , shame on you all , even your dogs are ashamed of you , i mean just look at them ...

JackGordon
14th May 2011, 20:05
I heard you man , all this dog :) loving :) people and :)ing conversations that just :) ing stains all over the :)ing place it seriously wants us to go :)ing break some :) and :)ing throw :) on people's :)ing faces ! AAAAAHHHHH ...
And then look at Dog Man :)ing breaking rules and :) , that man has no :)ing shame , :)ing lives on a dangerous :)ty minefield too , lol ...Write a sequel to this in wall-of-text format and I'll marry you right away.

The lack of Starship Troopers in the science fiction topic is truly embarrassing , shame on you all , even your dogs are ashamed of you , i mean just look at them ...Now that was a funny/gory little sci-fi flick. Happy times!
Not interested to see the sequels, though...

German
18th May 2011, 18:15
I live in 'a dirty unpleasant place' called Brussels (Belgium) near a rather dangerous road. Like I said: I don' t have eyes on my back and If I let my dogs walk behind me, they might suddenly walk on the street. Keep in mind: my dogs are small and not fully trained.

the scenario I referred to was a training situation where the leash is pulled close behind you , in this scenario if they were to 'walk into the street' they'd have to pull you into the street with them

sorry to hear you live in a dirty unpleasant place, are you confined to walk them on one dangerous road or do you have other options available to you?

I didn't realize all of Brussels was so dangerous for dog walking.

guess I wasn't done after all:hmm:

German
18th May 2011, 18:25
They know you are, no need to remind them.

I was talking about dogs who "don't know who you are" . The dogs that think they're alpha leader pulling their owners by the leashes .

It's not a state of training you do once they know who you are.

So why the big fuss over my initial post? Who gives a F really?

Brackstone17
23rd May 2011, 15:07
How does everyone here like their chocolate? By that I mean do you like white, milk or dark, what percentage you enjoy the most, things like that.

I personally enjoy my chocolate up around 90%. I don't eat chocolate often, but when I do it's usually a small piece of that.

JackGordon
23rd May 2011, 15:26
Pure dark Belgian chocolate for me. This one's my favorite:
http://www.chockies.net/WebRoot/StoreLFR/Shops/62049378/47B4/BF19/3C57/98DF/419C/D5C1/1613/8692/classic_noir_de_noir_150gr.jpg

Brackstone17
24th May 2011, 00:59
Pure dark Belgian chocolate for me. This one's my favorite:
http://www.chockies.net/WebRoot/StoreLFR/Shops/62049378/47B4/BF19/3C57/98DF/419C/D5C1/1613/8692/classic_noir_de_noir_150gr.jpg
I've never actually heard of that brand, but apparently it's available over here. I'll have to investigate. I love the packaging on that thing.

Anyway, I usually just get this:

http://www.lindtusa.com/common/images/products/large/392977_large.png

JackGordon
24th May 2011, 01:17
Have you ever seen the movie 'Chocolat (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0241303/)'? Well, here in Belgium one runs into similar cozy little shops like these - chocolateries, as we call them - quite often. If one day you end up in Belgium, for whatever reason, I suggest you look up some of those shops. Especially in Ghent or Bruges.
http://assets.digi.persgroep.be/location_photo/w500/76/L_0000560076.jpg

http://assets.digi.persgroep.be/location_photo/w500/60/L_0000044160.jpg

http://assets.digi.persgroep.be/location_photo/w500/73/L_0000043873.jpg

Driber
13th Aug 2011, 08:43
It's pretty quiet around here and there doesn't seem to be a need for an OT thread ATM, so I've unstuck this one, to clean up on the number of stickies.

When this changes in the future, feel free to stick this one again, mods :)

Acid_Burn
13th Aug 2011, 10:14
Yes, sir ;)

mcescher1
2nd Sep 2012, 06:33
if IO doesn't mind - i'm curious how everyone feels about the Madden release... i was on amazon about to buy it when i saw the terrible ratings it got from users...

it seems the fans are super upset about the franchise mode being taken out as well as mini camps...

i haven't bought a madden in a few years but thought it looked good this year...

the mini camps were my favorite part

also the Madden forums are not even close to being as awesome as these -

EA could learn a thing or 2.. hundred things from IO

it seems they haven't listened to their fan base at all

can anyone chime in on this??

buy / Don't buy ??

do hitman fans like madden??

Driber
2nd Sep 2012, 06:59
^ Moving this to the off topic thread.

InnocentSam
2nd Sep 2012, 11:41
I never liked Madden. I mean, I'm British, so I don't have much chance of liking it, but it was just so bad.

Well, except the injury system. That was awesome.

mcescher1
2nd Sep 2012, 17:38
thanks ^^

mcescher1
2nd Sep 2012, 17:55
yeaa... like i said i haven't gotten it the past few years.. i stopped when they changed the whole style of the game back in.....i think 09 maybe 2010....

but once i saw the physics improved and the gameplay seemed to be improved a lot - i was thinking i would get it... i still might

Nogarda
4th Sep 2012, 11:19
I never liked Madden. I mean, I'm British, so I don't have much chance of liking it, but it was just so bad.

Well, except the injury system. That was awesome.

I see your perspective clear as day, however just because someone is British doesn't automatically mean everyone in the UK hates Madden or NFL Football, because football here is a religion just like it is in Brazil. It is true though because of that almost religious devotion no one who cares that much about Football with give a rat's arse about NFL Football, however I do have very good friends (English) who turn into your stereotypical bro-gamers when they get a new madden each year, I'll be amazed if they even notice if features are removed beyond a skin/menu update.

it seems the fans are super upset about the franchise mode being taken out as well as mini camps... i haven't bought a madden in a few years but thought it looked good this year... the mini camps were my favorite part

I bought Madden 06 an a FIFA 07 in their respective release years and enjoyed them, I usually do this once a console generation, because I know there is a failure to innovate in sports games. I feel justified simply by hearing my friends whinge and moan how FIFA 11 FIFA 12 are practically the same thing with a new mode, and more ways to rip people off with micro-transactions; I believe the same can be applied to Madden.

Releasing an annual product with a new menu skin and a new mini game and roster update enrages me if I was to buy something like that, or in some games you get just a roster update and a new boxart cover.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if those mini training games mode you covet gets pushed out as ODLC (on disc locked content).

Travis_IO
4th Sep 2012, 13:01
Every year after attempting to watch the Super Bowl, I get Madden fever and test out the latest version. I can never really get into it that much as I am a complete newcomer so can't understand anything beyond the basics. Had a few good co-op games in '09 version though.

mcescher1
8th Sep 2012, 04:59
sooooo i bought madden 13.... pretty upset about it

the only thing worth playing is online head to head - that is litterally it

the career mode is super disappointing and boring - you pick your player at whatever position, and you only play as him - so the rest of the game get's simulated and your stuck playing one position for what feels like your actual career

EA sports has obviously crippled offline play on purpose to ensure everyone buy's it next year too

at first playing the game seemed extraordinarily mediocre... the intro's are pretty terrible - the announcers glitch a lot

and there is literally no other mode worth playing other than online head to head... it's very aggravating

i was hoping to at least be able to play a season with my favorite team - Go Ravens - but again you can't. you either have to play career mode, which is too boring, or 'build your team' which gives you a completely random team with random players on it

Madden 13 seems to lack a lot of integrity

i do like the new physics but it's obvious this is the only thing developers spent more than 15 minutes developing

this is not a $60 game - more like $30

it has zero offline playability - but it is fun to play online - as long as my internet doesn't lag and disconnect

mini games would be a great addition, especially with the new physics - but no, that would stop 8% of repeat buyers next year

Madden 13 will be completely worthless in February 2013 as the online play will disappear and the disc will be good for nothing except maybe a Frisbee.

if you thinking about getting this game - save yourself the money and don't... maybe they will learn from this and give people what they actually want next year - idk

Nogarda
8th Sep 2012, 14:30
lol crippling single player is how to kill me so much as looking at your game, let alone buying it.

petersjov
25th Sep 2012, 05:50
So i just wanted to talk a little about online/offline/extra modes in games, because i spend sometime at work this night, thinking about Contract mode for Hitman.

One of the games i could bring up would be "Driver san francisco", I wanted to play with the movie maker in the game sooo bad, but in the end it was just to weird - and just not easy enough. - I just LOVE cool movie chases ;-)

Another could be Red faction gurrella, with the "Wrecking Crew" mode.

I think Contract got the whole "play to create" thing going for it ;-)

Anybody else knows some good/weird modes in other games ? ;-)

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
25th Sep 2012, 15:07
^ Mmm, I still have to find Driver SF...

Kroids Versce
2nd Oct 2012, 06:00
Hey dudes & dudettes, I've been recently having this craving to write & record a song in promotion & devotion toward the very nearing release of Absolution... problem is, there's so much material here with so many genres to choose from... who wants to help me get a flow of ideas here, eh? I can do ANYTHING from a rap song, country, R&B, grindcore (might be lamer as I'm newer to this genre, but possibly powerful enough to please), punk rock, good 'ol rock 'n roll, garage punk, pop punk, garage pop, techno (probably have my girl sing for this one, unless the aim is for my own pure humiliation), etc.. Ideas PLEASE!!

Kroids Versce
2nd Oct 2012, 06:18
Any/All ideas/thoughts are welcome here, from lyrics to ideas for lyrics, sounds to ideas for sounds, ideas for genre types, mood types, rhythmic timing types, riffs, etc. . . . . Just don't leave me hangin' or I'll make something that only I think is cool & therefore shame myself when I share it with all you forumers..

Kroids Versce
2nd Oct 2012, 06:19
Or if this is dumb I need people to start telling this to me before I get too into this LOL

Kroids Versce
3rd Oct 2012, 04:50
This is all I have for a rap song haha I'm so white!

...a keen killer, with a tie & a coat who'll sneak pass without
having to slit open your throat, but,
if you approach him your life turns into a joke that goes
"knock knock, who's there?" no longer you cuz your neck's broke.
Bodies are hidden in some criminal's kitchen,
murders remain unspoken of, mouths full of blood..

Thought these up while doing the dishes, instantly hated myself for it, then decided I deserve for it to be shared.. F*** me, I need help here guys.....

Driber
10th Nov 2012, 07:58
So, are you guys excited to get your hands on the game a few days from now?!

Do we have any die-hard fans here who are actually going to camp at a game store?

abfirstr8
10th Nov 2012, 08:23
I am very very excited to get my hands on the game! To be honest I don't remember feeling this much anticipation and excitement for a game, ever. It's literally driving me crazeh :(

Can't wait to spend Thanksgiving week with it.

xzx
10th Nov 2012, 15:50
I went to a game store yesterday hoping to find something good. Everything just sucked. I winded up buying some bluray movie. I don't even have a bluray player.

Kroids Versce
11th Nov 2012, 11:32
I used 2 days of my vacation at work so I can play.. I work 10pm to 7am so I had to take off in order to get my copy at midnight, an extra day so I'm not completely exhausted at work as I anticipate not going to sleep the day after haha !!