Acid_Burn
11th May 2011, 08:39
http://www.hitmanseries.ru/news/h5/logo_02.png

IO INTERACTIVE UNVEILS
HITMAN ABSOLUTION

The fifth game in the multi-million selling franchise
showcasing IO’s new Glacier 2 game engine
-------------------------

COPENHAGEN (May 11, 2011) — IO Interactive A/S, part of Square Enix Europe, is pleased to confirm HITMAN ABSOLUTION™, a new game for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC.

HITMAN ABSOLUTION follows Agent 47®, a cold blooded assassin, who takes on his most dangerous contract to date. Betrayed by those he trusted and hunted by the police, he finds himself at the centre of a dark conspiracy and must embark on a personal journey through a corrupt and twisted world, in his search for the truth.

“For the first time we are taking Agent 47 on a personal journey which allows us to explore other parts of the HITMAN® fantasy,” said Tore Blystad, game director, IO Interactive. “This is both a familiar and yet significantly different experience to any of the other Hitman games, something our silent assassins will relish as well as those who are new to the Hitman world.”

Showcasing IO Interactive’s new proprietary Glacier 2TM technology, the game has been built from the ground up, boasting a cinematic story, distinctive art direction and highly original game design, HITMAN ABSOLUTION combines much loved classic gameplay with completely new gameplay features for the Hitman franchise.

Scheduled for release in 2012, HITMAN ABSOLUTION will be showcased by invitation only at the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles, California from June 7-9.

Please visit www.Hitman.com for updates.

P.S. You should also follow @IOInteractive (http://twitter.com/IOInteractive) on twitter and Hitman (http://www.youtube.com/hitman) channel @Youtube.

Srosa
8th Jun 2011, 00:02
So will Hitman: Absolution be publicly shown at E3 2011? Because I don't see it in the live video schedule at IGN.

Acid_Burn
8th Jun 2011, 07:23
Scheduled for release in 2012, HITMAN ABSOLUTION will be showcased by invitation only at the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles, California from June 7-9.

texkid4
8th Jun 2011, 14:57
That sucks. Oh well, no gameplay anytime soon. unless a member of this forum has an invitation...

Kvltism
8th Jun 2011, 15:10
Bah. I doubt we'll have to wait too long for some (officially released) gameplay footage.

KingNL
9th Jun 2011, 21:02
I want some PC gameplay footage...

williamrikard
9th Jun 2011, 21:40
Can't wait ! i've completed all the games! and then my friend told that a new hitman was comming out ! and i went in child mode!!!

God bless Hitman and their creators!

Genetic Engineer
15th Jul 2011, 14:11
it better be coming out early 2012 :(

prats47
19th Jul 2011, 18:24
cananyone tell me wer 2 find the whole hitman absolution trailer where 47 is shown eating donuts.:wave:
and also the pc specifications for this game cud be usefull as im buying a new laptop,i definetly want to play this on it again and again.:confused:

Acid_Burn
19th Jul 2011, 19:38
There's no trailer with 47 eating donuts.
And still no PC specs at this time. Too early for it.

jwei000
29th Jul 2011, 06:54
long long time...

AnonymousViewer
9th Aug 2011, 06:20
Does anyone know if Absolution will be continuing the story of Blood Money? Cause i know at the last seen of the game,47 talks to this one guy and he says one of his aliases and he shows 47 to his room and the game cuts out.

Dolfa
13th Aug 2011, 00:26
The trailer looks really nice. I am highly anticipating this from Eidos and I hope it will be as good or better than previous versions. Storyline should be continued as in the trailer, where 47 infiltrates the mansion, the girl in the shower is Diana.

bat_brain
8th Nov 2011, 07:18
Does anyone know if Absolution will be continuing the story of Blood Money? Cause i know at the last seen of the game,47 talks to this one guy and he says one of his aliases and he shows 47 to his room and the game cuts out.

"mr...?"

47: "reaper."

love that alias. youd think that would tip ppl off abit however. :lmao:

Acid_Burn
12th Nov 2011, 21:14
That's really nice to hear that!

mcescher1
16th Dec 2011, 01:13
FYI.... i was in 'best buy' today ... and i strolled to the touch screen PRE-ORDER tv they have near the games... annnndddd

they had HITMAN: ABSOLUTION listed as one of the games you could PRE-ORDER... woowoo

it had the date 12/31/2011 as the date available

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!?!

nothing maybe.. but then again.. maybe not..

travis?acidburn?

Travis_IO
16th Dec 2011, 09:04
FYI.... i was in 'best buy' today ... and i strolled to the touch screen PRE-ORDER tv they have near the games... annnndddd

they had HITMAN: ABSOLUTION listed as one of the games you could PRE-ORDER... woowoo

it had the date 12/31/2011 as the date available

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!?!

nothing maybe.. but then again.. maybe not..

travis?acidburn?

Obviously, Absolution isn't coming in 2011.
The original announcement still stands true - 2012 is the year of Hitman.

mcescher1
20th Dec 2011, 04:53
so in the commentary video one of the developers says that there will be more and different things that can happen to 47... like he can get arrested or handcuffed...

if we are posed as a cop, can we arrest people too?? or at least handcuff them and knock them out... or shove them in a closet... or handcuff them and take them as hostages...

ohhh that would be so sweet

collect a bunch of hostages... sounds like a sweet mission...

of course it ends in 47 killing all of them and getting away or.....

somehow he collects all the hostages without them seeing him.. and keeps them with bags on their heads...

uses them... and gets away.. this way he wouldnt have to kill all the hostages...

and a person can be handcuffed in more than one place... not just their hands but their feet... if i was 47 and only handcuffed by my hands... im sure i could break away with my awesome close combat skills but run away buy some time and pick the locks.. i may be without my ballerrsss but not for long... if i could chase down the cop who confiscated them and made him pay with his teeth

ahhh... one can only dream unitll the release... sorry about the A.D.D fellas.. my question was

if we are 47 dressed as the cops will we be able to use the cuffs?? or will 47 have his own cuffs??

Shawnm5
21st Dec 2011, 00:33
Is the pc version going to support controllers because i really like games with the option to play with a controller

mcescher1
21st Dec 2011, 01:53
will IOI be at CES on jan 10th???

Barez
21st Dec 2011, 19:41
will IOI be at CES on jan 10th???

I don't understand you ?

mcescher1
21st Dec 2011, 23:34
I don't understand you ?

International Consumer Electronics Show 2012 in Las Vegas January 10th ... a nice place to release some infoooooo ya knowwww... like maybe a release date.. or another sweet trailer

harbor13area
22nd Dec 2011, 06:36
Is System of a Down gonna perform that weekend, cuz if so im there. Hitman info would be icing on the cake! LOL

ezjohny
13th Jan 2012, 21:07
I was wondering is HitMan Absolution going to utilize all 4 cores of a processor with your New Glacer 2 Game Engine for the PC version, so it would be alot smoother and lag free, do your best developer team!

mdurvett
16th Jan 2012, 22:44
Theres demo footage on youtube if you wanna look it up looks amazing

XDJTAZX
18th Jan 2012, 04:38
I am a die hard fan of the hitman series.... I own every single copy down to the original and have 47's barcode on the back of my head also lol... I know it's maybe a little much but I really am in love with the series. I even had literally my two 45's fitted with 47's custom slide with the same insignia (COST a pretty penny F.Y.I)... but anyways down to my question is there a set official release date for absolution cause from what i've read they have supposedly pushed it back to 2013 ? which i hope thats definetly not the case.. if someone can shed some light on the subject I would gladly appreciate it ;) thank YOU!

Acid_Burn
18th Jan 2012, 10:27
Welcome to our community.
There's no official release date now, just 2012. And SE did not push it to 2013.

Suxita
7th Mar 2012, 12:35
Okay.It is secret when game comes out,but give us day and month when release date will be announced.I think this is easy way to calm fans down.

GebelTheRebel
7th Mar 2012, 16:10
Okay.It is secret when game comes out,but give us day and month when release date will be announced.I think this is easy way to calm fans down.

They're probably not giving us a release date because they have plenty to work on still. When the game will near completion, we'll see a release date.

Why announce a release date 8 months ahead of time and end up rushing to finish it and in turn become a left down or the release being pushed further back? Makes no sense to do so.

ezAleex
20th Apr 2012, 06:37
Hey guys, i hope you guys dont mind, i decided to make a hitman absolution wallpaper myself from Photoshop.

http://alexmaxgfx.daportfolio.com/gallery/676878#6

:rasp:

ezAleex
20th Apr 2012, 06:48
Video of me doing it :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G6WNULPYzM&list=UUvKvvf8FaA0AyOXjm34OmVw&index=1&feature=plcp

EnjoyCok
2nd May 2012, 13:46
The game shall launch on a Tuesday.
Also, I nerdgasm'd a little bit from that E3 trailer. Holymotherofcowsandsuch!

tbcdlad
6th May 2012, 21:28
The game shall launch on a Tuesday.
Also, I nerdgasm'd a little bit from that E3 trailer. Holymotherofcowsandsuch!

This will most likely be the case, since every highly-anticipated game as far back as Blood Money has been released on a Tuesday. So here are some possible release dates as of the sixth of May: A release date before June 7th probably won't happen, it's way too soon. Besides, they have already stated that Absolution will be at E3 this year.
June: 12, 19, 26
July: 10, 17, 24, 31
August: 7, 14, 21, 28
September: 4, 11, 18, 25
October: 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
November: 6, 13, 20, 27
December: 4, 11, 18, 25
These are all the possible tuesdays that the game could be released on. It's still too broad of a spectrum to narrow down, but its all we've got right now. We'll just have to wait for IO to announce a date. :naughty::D:naughty:

Yair_Alejandro
10th May 2012, 14:40
Will Hitman Absolution be 3D compatible? I want to preorder Hitman so I can play the sniper game but Gamestop doesn't ship to Mexico City. Will be another local retailers in my country with this deal?

tbcdlad
12th May 2012, 02:27
November 20th it is!

vincetrlc
17th Jun 2012, 23:33
November 20? :D Can't wait! I didn't fully follow the previous one, but this one really make me interested on.