PDA

View Full Version : Is Jesper Kyd working on the soundtrack ?... Also, what's Your favorite track ?...

GrievousOdyssey
10th May 2011, 19:44
He might not have composed for Mini Ninjas and Dog Days , but he is coming back for Absolution , is he not ? ...

I must say the man must be feeling a bit typecasted , i mean what is he most known for ? Hitman and Assassin's Creed ... you see now that there Is a conspiracy going on ...

Oh , and , Freedom Fighters ...
But let's try not to talk about it ...

And to avoid wasting a topic away for just one question , let's ask the community for their particular favorite Hitman soundtracks ...

You might want to check on youtube if you need a bit refreshing , or discover new tracks you might not have noticed before ...
The Hitman CD soundtracks must have been uploaded twenty time on youtube , it's crazy ...

10th May 2011, 20:05
Hitman Contracts way my sound track Budapest Bath Hotel theme was my favorit. I also liked Kane's family portrit from K&L dead men.

GrievousOdyssey
10th May 2011, 20:23
Budapest Bath Hotel

Absolutely ...

I would also add Club Heaven from Blood Money , the beginning and end of the track is just soothing ...
The alternate version of it , only featured on the Blood Money Collector's Edition DVD , was even more marvelous ...

BigBoss
10th May 2011, 21:00
Oh , and , Freedom Fighters ...
But let's try not to talk about it ...

Guess I'm the only one here who liked that game.....

Oh, and my favorite ost's have to be Vegas from blood money(Very assassin/spy esque), the main theme from blood money (epic as hell) and amb zone (truly makes you feel like a badass)

GrievousOdyssey
10th May 2011, 21:12
What i meant by "let's not talk about it" is that ... well ... some people have been asking for a sequel for seven years now ...

And what they got instead was Kane & Lynch ... and let's just say most people weren't too happy , so Freedom Fighters is kind of a touchy subject ...

Otherwise , if we're to talk about the game itself , it was quite good , and the soundtrack was suprisingly memorable ...

But look what we just did , now that we talked about Freedom Fighters we've awoken the hungry fans hidding in the sewers ! ...

Lady_Of_The_Vine
10th May 2011, 23:43
Love JK's music, it would be good to see his return. :thumb:

Rindill the Red
11th May 2011, 02:48
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin has always been my favorite of the series.

This track in particular has always stood out to me...

WtVIuYHfWvY

German
11th May 2011, 03:06
I just had to re-edit the teaser :)

There, there...much much better now :D

Ihmyjjkcu2w

7h30n
11th May 2011, 10:37
The whole soundtrack of Hitman 2, but especially:

elERKB4D3Hs

Rindill the Red
11th May 2011, 14:56
The whole soundtrack of Hitman 2, but especially:

elERKB4D3Hs

If I ever go to Russia, I'm putting that track on my mp3 player and playing it while I walk around.

Shifty Pete
7th Jun 2011, 19:23
If Jesper Kyd doesn't do the soundtrack, I will lose all hope for the game.

Jotun_23
7th Jun 2011, 21:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmoV2v_eHqg
Just..magic

Sn4ke47
7th Jun 2011, 22:43
If Jesper Kyd doesn't do the soundtrack, I will lose all hope for the game.

Indeed this game would definitely loss half of its value without the legendary JK. Please, please, make sure he's back in Absolution.

lenin
8th Jun 2011, 23:35
I must say the man must be feeling a bit typecasted , i mean what is he most known for ? Hitman and Assassin's Creed ... you see now that there Is a conspiracy going on ...

that and borderlands, kane & lynch, nations (RTS game), The Chronicles of Spellborn,Unreal Tournament 3,Minority Report: The Video Game,...

he has already composed for more than 30 games, and about 15 movies
I understand he is most famous for hitman and assassins creed however he has done allot more

however back to the question:
my favorite song of the hitman series must be ave maria I guess, however I find it very hard to chose, cause I find his music amazing, personally I find him the best game/movie composer:thumb:

and I hope this time he will be composing the music for the movie as well (if it really comes)

Nogarda
9th Jun 2011, 00:03
The first piece of music always stays with me so THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJz6eKKpZS8) will always be the song of hitman for me. It's just like K&L theme, nothing comes close to that original theme. that first song, has to grab you because it leaves an impression good or bad.

Commander Shepard
9th Jun 2011, 08:04
Jesper Kid must do the soundtrack!
Favorites:
DaAY22D49Ek&feature=BFa&list=FL-CkEMkUgMlw&index=11
Te2nVwqvwy4&feature=BFa&list=FL-CkEMkUgMlw&index=12
D_KNP_6DDBo&feature=BFa&list=FL-CkEMkUgMlw&index=14
U7MZr84bSIc&feature=related
HCu5sdw2XZE&feature=related
8QqENPP7CWI&feature=related
wwNIOkAJRcc&feature=related
It's just too awesome...

toad
9th Jun 2011, 10:21
Hi guys,
I'm affraid my opinion differs from yours. Jesper Kyd did absolutely great in the original game and to be honest I was suprised when I found out that he wrote that music since I find music in every other hitman instalment really awful. Especially in the last game- blood money where I had to play as a silent assassin only to avoid the horrible action music. I mean it sounds like I'm trying to save the world, not kill someone for money.
Even sound effects in the main menu are really awful in BM looks like the whole main meny was developed by some amateurs (no offence). So that's that. Just wanted to express my opinion :). Can't wait for the next hitman game!

lenin
9th Jun 2011, 11:33
Even sound effects in the main menu are really awful in BM looks like the whole main meny was developed by some amateurs (no offence). So that's that. Just wanted to express my opinion :).!

:eek:OMG you don't like the music, you...

nah just kidding,
No offence taken, even if I like his work allot I can understand you don't like his style, your not the first one to say that.

anyway I do hope he will be working at the next game and I hope you'll like it once more

gaddar
10th Jun 2011, 12:45
Hi Everybody! I want too hear the incredible Jesper Kyd's music on Hitman Absolution. But I'm research and found some bad news about this subject. Peter Kyed and Peter Peter will gonna do... check out this for more c..p :( http://www.game-ost.com/albums/2396/hitman_absolution_original_soundtrack/

KingNL
10th Jun 2011, 23:16
To me, a Hitman game without jespers music is not a real Hitman game

This is probably my favorite Jesper Kyd soundtrack, it still sends chills down my spine every time I listen to it, so ******* atmospheric..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5aZgVsEmEo

Falkenwut
11th Jun 2011, 01:22
Jesper's music was brilliant in all of the Hitman games, no doubt! However personally, If Jesper does not make a come-back, it won't really be an issue. Consider that other artists can do just as good... but I'm doubting better... IF they do.. I will salute them will all their proper glory!

Vulture
11th Jun 2011, 13:18
well this is horrible news indeed , but at least peter peter + peter kyed >>>>> no music at all (like k&l2)

BeardedHoplite
11th Jun 2011, 15:25
That and no David Bateson, oy vey.
This better be a damn good game, IO

KingNL
11th Jun 2011, 16:34
Also no Jesper Kyd???????????

What the hell is IO doing?

WillFairnie
11th Jun 2011, 20:50
There's nothing like that rendition of Ave Maria

It adds a prestige to the game, and romanticises the whole idea killing as a profession ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW0B9twUkQg&feature=related

Erduk
15th Jun 2011, 18:31
The Vegas track has to be the most memorable from BM at least. Hanging out in the elevator shaft jamming out while waiting to strangle people with fiber wire. Good memories...

I am probably not going to buy this game until I see it being played at this time. It just seems like it's going to be.. not good.

15th Jun 2011, 20:35
To be honest I didn't like any of Jesper kyd did in Blood Money. I don't know any other way to put it but it just sounded like something in a B movie. Now Contract's music I liked it was dark and intense and when well with the game.

KingNL
16th Jun 2011, 12:48
There's nothing like that rendition of Ave Maria

It adds a prestige to the game, and romanticises the whole idea killing as a profession ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW0B9twUkQg&feature=related

This is also a great track

GrievousOdyssey
17th Jun 2011, 10:49
Regarding the (unconfirmed) composers of Absolution, Peter Peter and Peter Kyed: both men previously worked with Jesper Kyd on Kane & Lynch Dead Men, most notably it was these two men who composed that guitar-riff you probably all remember from the trailers, as well as the Tokyo Night Club tracks ...

Which probably explains why i thought the music used in the trailer had a familiar vibe ...

Oh well we'll see ...

If Kyd isn't working on Absolution, then it would mean that the last game he worked with IO, without any external co-composers, was Hitman Blood Money ...
And incidentally, the franchise he started working on closely after that is Assassin's Creed ...

So, what, is this IO's way of revenge? like how Bateson breached his contract by speaking about a new Hitman game (that everyone knew it was coming) before the official announcement? ...

Conspiracy continues ...

Erduk
19th Jun 2011, 07:33
Well, I've noticed something interesting in the video game world. A composer well liked by the fans that has worked on every game in the series is not part of the series anymore. Series goes to crap.

Sound familiar Square Enix? You only did the same thing to Nobuo Uematsu with Final Fantasy. Now look at the long, hot, liquid feces you dumped on that game series... That's the same smell I'm getting a whiff of from this game. Too many similarities.

MadSpike212
19th Jun 2011, 13:33
(As quoted by toad)..."Especially in the last game- blood money where I had to play as a silent assassin only to avoid the horrible action music. I mean it sounds like I'm trying to save the world, not kill someone for money!"...

I wont deny with a lot of you, that the music in the Hitman series has definitely given it a lot of its character. The fact it wasn't all techno and and hard rock. It was pleasant to the ear and gave a feeling of the environment around you.
As mentioned by toad, I didnt think the action music made me feel like saving the world, more like, "Get my arse outta here I'm in danger!". Although I do agree that action music was a bit annoying.
My point being, that although Jesper has done an over all awesome job on keeping the atmosphere alive in the game, (and romanticizing it with Ave Maria, Yes I loved that too :P) I reckon if the next composer keeps within this field of music; it may be a new taste that suits an all new upgraded version of the game. All we can do... is wait :P

20th Jun 2011, 01:22
Ok I'm just going to throw this one out there about the music in Blood Money. It was bad all of it except that rendition of Ave Maria that was the only song on the tract that was good. Now He did do a good job on the other Hitman games I loved Contracts sound and silent assassin was alright but BM no.

KingNL
20th Jun 2011, 12:15
Ok I'm just going to throw this one out there about the music in Blood Money. It was bad all of it except that rendition of Ave Maria that was the only song on the tract that was good. Now He did do a good job on the other Hitman games I loved Contracts sound and silent assassin was alright but BM no.

Are you serious

20th Jun 2011, 12:46
Just wasn't feeling it.

Veleiro
30th Jun 2011, 09:03
his best came from his first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4ossube1m4

and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hJL_KrNts8
and also from silent assassin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmoV2v_eHqg

LeeHong
20th Jul 2011, 11:47
1. Silent Assassin Japanese Castle Themes (Who on earth would create such music?)
2. Hitman 1 (Codename 47) Jungle Exploration Theme
3. Hitman 1 Rotterdam Harbor Strip Club music
4. Hitman 3 Slaughterhouse Club Music
5. Blood Money Main Theme (The Epic one, not the Ave maria)
6. Hitman 3 Main Title Music

These are my best of the best.