PDA

View Full Version : How did You became a Hitman Fan ? ...

GrievousOdyssey
10th May 2011, 18:36
Well go on , we all started out at some time didn't we ? i mean it's not like we had a "Hitman Fan" tattoo on the back of our heads since we was born ... do we ? ...
I'm serious , how often do you look at the back of your head ? ...

Maybe 47 doesn't even know he has got a barcode on the back of his head ! ...

Anywya ...

Go on , tell your story ...
I think we still have got a handful of months to go before we actually get to play the game , so do find yourselves some activities to avoid madness ...

'Waiting' can inspire all sorts of crazy minds ...

There was a special option: "I was a Hitman fan , but waiting five years for a fifth game ? FIVE YEARS ?!! Hitman Fan No More !" ...
But as far as i know we all made it through , didn't we ? ...

I mean can you believe it ? We survived those five long years ! ...
You can add it as you personnal achievement , or as your signature like "Proud Survivor of the Five-Year-New-Hitman-Wait" , or something like that ...

chip5541
10th May 2011, 18:42
Demo option not there...

I pick demo.

Acid_Burn
10th May 2011, 18:46
Well go on , we all started out at some time didn't we ? i mean it's not like we had a "Hitman Fan" tattoo on the back of our heads since we was born ... do we ? ...
Hahaha :D I just have Fleur-de-lys at my back.

I was watching new video from E3 about Tomb Raider Legend. And some of the BM footage was there. So I bought the game when it was released. And here I am.

SammiiDoogles
10th May 2011, 18:59
I was over a friends house one time and he was playing his new game; Hitman: Silent Assassin. It was a good few years back now. I followed the franchise from then on.

Brackstone17
10th May 2011, 19:49
I rented Silent Assassin on the Xbox and thought it was pretty good, but never really looked at it again. When Hitman: Blood Money came around I loved it and went back to finish the previous games.

BigBoss
10th May 2011, 21:14
Played silent assassin and contracts. They were fun games, but blood money blew me away. Just about every problem I had with the series was fixed in that game and it was the first I ever bothered to get the 1000g on 360. I play it to this day.

German
11th May 2011, 03:09
Hitman series are my favorite all time game series.

Stealth is awesome

Silent Assassin ratings give me great joy

I fell in love with the non-standard way of completing missions from the get go.

I just hope and pray they don't ruin the game by bringing to many action features.

As long as they keep Silent assassin ratings or some equivalent of it and/or stealth possibilities in all missions,I'll be very happy.

JaqTaar
11th May 2011, 09:39
Codename 47 was actually the first game that I played on my first own computer. A friend who helped me setting it up said I should give it a try and since then Hitman's been my favourite game series.

7h30n
11th May 2011, 10:34
Well it all started with me playing games for the first time.

It was the time of Prince of Persia, Mortal Kombat 1 & 2, Golden Axe, Test Drive, Lotus Challenge, Supaplex etc.

Those games were incredibly fun, some still are and some I still play today. What those games had in common (excluding the driving games) was that you had to defeat your enemies. What I craved for is a game that gave me tools to outsmart players.
Then came along Metal Gear Solid, it was the game out of my dreams (beside X-Com:UFO Defense) unfortunately it was the only game of its kind on PC.
As time passed by a friend of mine had bought Hitman: Silent Assassin and praised the game, so I borrowed it from him.
I was treated with an amazing game and ...
The rest is as they say history!

Rindill the Red
11th May 2011, 15:02
Let's see, I was about 10 years old, and I was over at my cousin's house and he was playing the first Hitman and had to go do something so he let me play it (at this point the only other games I had been playing were Nintendo plat-formers and racing games on the N64) so needless to say I found the entire concept quite fascinating and took to assassinating people with a somewhat unsettling joyous ease. Did it make me a sociopath and mess me up for the rest of my life? Maybe. Was it worth it? Totally.

JackGordon
12th May 2011, 11:18
Alright, alright. I confess. I haven't played a single Hitman game. I did try the Blood Money demo a while back on 360 but wasn't really 'sold'... Why am I here then? I'm curious to see what Absolution has to offer.

ScarletSnake
12th May 2011, 11:23
I was in fourth or fifth grade, a little kid but still a gamer, and two of my friends were talking about a game where you could dual wield any weapon you wanted, where you could plan your approach and use rooftops to shoot gang leaders with rifles you'd assemble from a suitcase, and they also talked about how difficult the game was, so I thought I'd give it a try. Been hooked ever since :)
A confession to make; I've had to play the game in god mode when I was a kid, it was just too difficult compared to other games I'd be playing like Soldier of Fortune and Tomb Raider 4...

Madubu
13th May 2011, 17:27
Alright, alright. I confess. I haven't played a single Hitman game. I did try the Blood Money demo a while back on 360 but wasn't really 'sold'... Why am I here then? I'm curious to see what Absolution has to offer.

Oh i remember the BM demo being bad due to its linearity, i believe it was more of an introduction level than anything else. Try the H2SA demo, ITAP is a rather fun level with quite a few diferent aproaches to it.

BigBoss
13th May 2011, 18:43
I'd even recommend renting blood money. That demo was the exact opposite of what the game actually was, linear hand holding. I was actually turned off from blood money initially, until I heard that wasn't representative of the game at all.

Knightshade
18th May 2011, 21:23
Played silent assassin and contracts. They were fun games, but blood money blew me away. Just about every problem I had with the series was fixed in that game and it was the first I ever bothered to get the 1000g on 360. I play it to this day.

And this is my version, too :thumb:

Minus the fact I had it on PS2 so no achievements or alike for me. As far as I understood Contracts is that it revisited a handful of levels from the first game on PC (thinking the hotel and the Rotterdam levels - I could well be wrong) but they played out slightly different.

Lost so many hours into SA, more on contracts, and god knows how much more on Blood Money. Loved the rehabilitation level (where you save the agent 'again').

Favourite moment would have to be at the end of Blood Money. That whole section with the intro music playing had a truly amazing feel IMO.

I'd even recommend renting blood money. That demo was the exact opposite of what the game actually was, linear hand holding. I was actually turned off from blood money initially, until I heard that wasn't representative of the game at all.

I have no idea what the demo included, but I'm going to assume it was the very first intro mission at the pier. I can indeed imagine that being a poor representation of the game as a whole. Personally, I may have included the opera level in the demo. Not too far into the game, small, and has enough interest to hook an impression. Well, that's just my opinion - I'm sure there are plenty of levels that could've been a much more viable candidate for that purpose.

RaiderMark
30th May 2011, 16:51
I became a fan from playing the games on PS2 and then Xbox.

All fantastic games!

Shifty Pete
7th Jun 2011, 19:34
Well I first played hitman when....

Wait. I can't remember. Wow, must have been so long ago. I remember it was Hitman 2, and I think i played it on my PS2 back in the day. I was so bad at it back then, but now I've memorised every mission, hardest difficulty, Silent Assassin rating.. PC of course.

BenMkline
7th Jun 2011, 20:04
Back when Hitman 2 was released on consoles, I rented it on the Xbox. I thought it was very unique and a great game. After I returned it I never touched the franchise again till a friend told me how great Blood Money was. Since then, I've gone back and completed each game and have been eagerly anticipated Hitman: Absolution since 2006.

Bloodwolf806
7th Jun 2011, 20:06
A long, long time ago a video card I bought came bundled with Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. I've been hooked on the series ever since.

Nogarda
7th Jun 2011, 20:29
I was at a friends house, and he had just got a new PC magazine, with a demo disc on the cover, installed a few of em, one of them was Hitman: Codename 47, I still find that section of the demo, with fibre wiring the peeing limo driver, an awesome option to place a remote mine.

When I got my hands on the full game a while later, I will always and forever remember the final level, as the hardest level I ever played in videogame history, not wanting to be spotted in a disguise had me chomping on my heart it was in my mouth that much first time around.

I've done walkthroughs of this game I loved it so much, the travesty is that it will have taken 6 years by the time absolution lands in my disc drive since blood money.

CN47 made me a fan, SA made me love it, contracts reminded of how unique an experience the franchise is, blood money cemented me to the grounded in my fandom, from the screens of absolution, I'm highly expecting roots to sprout from my feet to lock me in forever.

Geed
7th Jun 2011, 22:45
I was following Hitman since before Eidos released the first game way back. The day it came out, I was working at a company that tested video games. I found the Demo online the day it came out. I downloaded it right in the middle of my workday and had the whole office gather around for the preview of by far my most beloved game series ever created.:D

I played it that day as much as management would allow. I remember purchasing this game with cash money the very day it came out! Ever since, I have not broken this tradition. I have completed the full series at least 5x through. Blood Money being completed well over 10x. I have done all missions with a perfect rating for every game in the series.:rasp:

In my free time I have even gone as far as to read all kinds of real books about real hitmen. Books about the tactics hitmen use to not get caught and how to carry out successful missions. In case you are wondering at this point, no, I have not actually tried to be a hitman, lol. I have watched every type of Hitman related movie and am still a sucker for anything in the genre.

I'll never forget the day I was at the popcorn stand at the movies and from an open door I heard the ever famous "Ave Maria" playing from an open theater door. I RAN from that line to see if it could be true. Was there a "Hitman 47" movie coming out? I was ecstatic to find out it was true. :nut:

So tell me, am I alone? Am I the biggest hitman fan? Are there more people out there that appreciate the fine work that Eidos puts into these amazingly open ended games as much as I do?:scratch:

P.S. - FOR THE DEVELOPERS - I would love to see a level (if not in this release, a future release) where there isn't a high profile target. Just someone that is marked. Or perhaps someone that is forced to watch their wife and "adult" child(I say adult cause I wouldn't want to shoot a baby myself, even in a game)be taken away:eek:. A mission that tugs even at the user's heartstrings. Maybe you could even tie in decision making processes with different outcomes near the end of the game?

Commander Shepard
8th Jun 2011, 17:37
I saw the cover of codename 47 and it looked cool so i bought it.
I loved every second of it even though it's the worse in the series.

GPUX
8th Jun 2011, 19:48
Codename 47 was the second game I played on my first gaming capable PC, I was only 10 years old at that time :D.

EricFong
8th Jun 2011, 20:16
When I was younger, I was like 14 year old as I pick up Hitman: Blood Money and begin to addict on it.

Then I discover "Hitman: Contract" in shop and my friend have a copy of "Hitman 2: Silent Assassin" year later.

It is awesome game none the less, I did get all mission in "Silent Assassin" rank in hardest difficult.

lenin
8th Jun 2011, 23:51
a combination of the unique playing stile, the multiple possibilities of approache, the very addictive gameplay, and replayablity, the amazing music of jesper kyd,
also it was one of the first games I ever played seriously.

Falkenwut
9th Jun 2011, 19:58
My story is very simple: Friend of mine introduced me to the series, and I fell in love with every Hitman game and IOI production since! Thank you IOI for releasing such awesome games!!!! FTW!

KingNL
9th Jun 2011, 20:50
I am happy to say I have been a Hitman fan since the first one, loved that game to death but couldn't do it without printing like 50 pages of walkthrough lol

Hard to believe its already been like 11 years...

toad
10th Jun 2011, 15:05
I am happy to say I have been a Hitman fan since the first one, loved that game to death

Same goes for me. I still play the original hitman from time to time. And imho it's the best one: great music, great script, the game looks and feels much more real than the sequels.

KingNL
10th Jun 2011, 23:06
Yep best hitman for me also but 2 and blood money are very close behind, still nothing beats the original.

I remember when I was playing trough that I was like wow how come nobody ever made a game like this before, this is brilliant! (I was like 12 lol)

Falkenwut
11th Jun 2011, 01:19
My fave would most definatly be Hitman 3 for it's gruesome enviroments ... I'm such a psycho!

20th Jun 2011, 12:48
That was my favorit one too it just felt more hard core.

BigBoss
21st Jun 2011, 05:39
For some reason I kind of doubt that 31% of the members here have been fans of the series since "day one"

KingNL
21st Jun 2011, 11:05
Just went back and replayed the first Hitman and it is absolutely amazing still, haven't played it since it's release (10 years ago)

natsamson
21st Jun 2011, 14:45
I personally like tactical, stealthy RPG style games, and at the time this fit right in my list, after that I got hooked ever since :nut:

agent47.
21st Jun 2011, 15:56
I was about 14 years old and my little bro and i were looking for a video game to rent. We had played about every other game out there and there were not very many we had not played yet. We then by luck we found Hitman Bloodmoney. We ended up renting it for more than two weeks it was that much fun. We enjoyed testing out the AI, listening to the INTENSE MUSIC and the re playability was off the charts! I later bought the earlier Hit-mans and realized they were still good but were lacking what blood money had achieved. Hit man Absolution should have a reward system where the players are rewarded for special kills or special paths that you would have to play the game constantly to actual discover.

Bevacur
22nd Jun 2011, 22:38
I became a fan yesterday. Saw the Absolution trailer and got interested.

So i brought Blood Money and loving it, a violent version of Splinter Cell.

freewish
26th Jun 2011, 08:06
I was 15 ,my brother just bought Codename 47 and we just loved playing its every minute, I have to say it was my best game playing experience ever ,free to chose a way to kill the boss, hard game play that made it memorable, not like other shoot and kill everyone games for every children, fantastic music and hitman's voice.
I hope absolution do it again to us :)

Fox_McCloud
26th Jun 2011, 22:35
I played Hitman 2 and loved it, never got my own copy until years later.

LeeHong
28th Jun 2011, 16:19
Started it from Codename 47 a decade ago. Awesome!! The best game in the series and the best series of all games.

1. Excellent Music
2. Difficult (I remember playing "plutonium runs loose" (Rotterdam harbor) for weeks) to get silent assassin rating.
3. Excellent Story line.

Black-Adder
29th Jun 2011, 19:04
Got introduced to the first Hitman game way back in 2000 after watching a friend play it at the local internet cafe. My mind was blown at the ragdoll physics ( back then ragdoll physics was previously unheard of), and the badassness of the 47 charater. However, I had to resort to cheats because i kept screwing up the missions... Then Silent Assassin came along and i was allowed to go postal and still manage to complete a mission without getting "cleaned" afterwards! :P

PsychoNite
3rd Jul 2011, 19:20
i actually picked up a pc gamer mag 1 day n on the back cover was the advertisement of the woman in the bubblebath with rose pedals all around and a toaster in the tub. i looked up the game n sum vids n bought blood money the same week for ps2 and then for the 360 the next year when i got a 360. now im gonna buy a new copy of blood money because my disk is effed up and get contracts and silent assassin soon because i never finished them when i had access to them

crawley725
12th Jul 2011, 05:43
I too was hooked the second I tried the Hitman Silent Assassin demo. I think it was PS2. My best friend (Fatnick) and I popped in one of the demo discs with a few games on it and started playing Hitman SA. After about an hour and a half of whacking off the greaser with a golf club, we zoomed to the nearest and farthest video game store and found one. til this day we still talk about our hero. Agent 47.

Maximus Max
13th Jul 2011, 17:21
It was defiantly winter while on holiday in '02 and I rented Hitman: Silent Assassin, having no idea (just a crap video shop with 10 games). When I first played it I was instantly HOOKED, the fact you could drag bodies, or that you have guns but don't need to use them or they way it sorta makes you feel a bit dirty when you are too good on a certain mission .. being an ice cold killer.

Best memories ever. The mission in India (wherever) at the hospital or Japan with the sushi.
The most disturbed I've ever felt playing a game aka the meat king's party ... finding that dudes daughter.
The best feeling ever once you get silent assassin rating (even more proud because you went back for the suit).
OHHH I could go on.

Ave ******* Maria.

Nuff said.

Genetic Engineer
15th Jul 2011, 13:40
For some reason my parents thought blood money would be a good game for me at the age of 12 .... and it was I loved it :D A fan ever since :)

19th Jul 2011, 18:05
Read the back of the Codename: 47 box when it was still new, bought it. Played it into the ground, and all the sequels.

seifullaah73
25th Jul 2011, 19:20
I remember when i was playing games like thief, tomb raider when i had this game called hitman codename 47. once i started i loved it ever since, i loved the concept of the game of playing as a hitman and carrying out missions. Until now.
i have played part 1 over and over again. Good Memories. :)

seifullaah73
25th Jul 2011, 19:25
Started it from Codename 47 a decade ago. Awesome!! The best game in the series and the best series of all games.

1. Excellent Music
2. Difficult (I remember playing "plutonium runs loose" (Rotterdam harbor) for weeks) to get silent assassin rating.
3. Excellent Story line.

I don't remember hitman codename 47 had any ratings you just killed and that was it. Unless you are talking about contract.

I never proceed to the next level until i have a silent assassin ranking this is the same for all the games professional rating.

BeardedHoplite
26th Jul 2011, 02:58
I remember I picked up Codename 47 on GameTap (back when it was free). It was alright, I wouldn't have recommended it to anyone. But then I got Silent Assassin and as soon as I was getting frantic directions from Diana about which Russian officer to kill in St. Petersburg, I was hooked.

LeeHong
29th Jul 2011, 16:58
I don't remember hitman codename 47 had any ratings you just killed and that was it. Unless you are talking about contract.

I never proceed to the next level until i have a silent assassin ranking this is the same for all the games professional rating.

The bracket was closed b4 that. Anyways I remember playing Codename 47 ... last 3 levels were bloody difficult (No Youtube walk-through or anything back then). Now these days (specially Bloodmoney) even if u can't get silent assassin u can easly pass a level getting professional or something else. This makes me discouraged to play passionately.

iZaneHD
29th Jul 2011, 22:14
My cousin showed me this game when I was 16 I think it was "Hitman: Blood Money" and I also instantly fell in love with this game so I bought it ;)

Someot
22nd Aug 2011, 20:53
i'm ashamed to say i originally got a torrent of codename 47. since then i have bought the ultimate contract edition

maikaal
24th Aug 2011, 09:40
By borrowing Hitman 2 over the internet.

Decky
26th Aug 2011, 13:33
ticking that 'over a decade ago' option has made me feel old :D

VAE VICTUS VON DOOM
26th Aug 2011, 19:03
I traded with some guy who did not want his copy of Hitman2 and Bloodrayne.
I can not remember the games that I traded with but Im glad I did.

I had a blast playin em.

iaNeil
6th Sep 2011, 15:26
I first played it on my cousin's computer. I saw the Silent Assassin icon on the desktop, and I had heard of it, but never played it, so I gave it a rip. I basically fell in love with it. It was pretty much one of the first stealth games I've ever played, then fell in love with the genre as well. A little while later I asked for Blood Money for Christmas, which I played over and over till this day.

CBow
17th Oct 2011, 03:13
It was when PS2 came out for a cheaper price and my father thought me and my brothers were well behaved and got a PS2 for us, he actually bought the game for himself, like other fathers he forgot about the game and that's how we got to play and I liked it from the start, it wasn't a gotta kill everybody game like others we had, it was a contest to see who could get the best rating. My best was the 3rd or 4th mission on HM 2, where you have to take out the two Russians in the park, I just took the sniper and sat next to the wall near the river and waited for them to hug and shot. Killed both and got silent in a minute something. Fastest one I ever got without cheating.

shobhit777777
17th Oct 2011, 05:36
Played the codename 47 demo at my friend's....fell in love with it after finally completing the mission. Bought it..and have never looked back since.

semajmarc87
17th Oct 2011, 16:45
I was browsing games and I happened upon Hitman Blood Money and it looked like the kind of game that I like so I bought it. Boy am I glad I did.

Xcom
17th Oct 2011, 17:16
Been a fan since day one, however, since it was a long time ago, I don't actually remember how I learned about Hitman. Most likely, I came across the forum, found out that the game was about stealth (more or less), then tried the demo. I do remember playing C47 demo to death. The rest is history. :D

kheammachart
19th Oct 2011, 03:47
Been a fan since day one, however, since it was a long time ago, I don't actually remember how I learned about Hitman. Most likely, I came across the forum, found out that the game was about stealth (more or less), then tried the demo. I do remember playing C47 demo to death. The rest is history. :D

So same as me , ha ha ha :D:D

nonprofitkilla
20th Oct 2011, 20:24
Rented Silent Assassin , loved it, rented Contracts, loved it, bought Blood Money loved it, found Contracts and Silent Assassin and bought both and loved them all.

Ashamed to say I still haven't played Codename 47 yet

jodycour
21st Oct 2011, 22:24
I actually was trainned to become a Hitman, and have always desired to be one, and one day I just typed in the word hitman in a word search. I found the game, and it actually helped relieve the desire to actually becoming a real hitman! Needless to say with this game, and God's salvation of my life I didn't actually become one. Although from time to time I do get tempted, then I go back and play the game and it helps pacify that desire!
Thanks guys!

AlwaysKevin
22nd Oct 2011, 13:06
It was my 9th birthday or something. I went to the store with my dad and I bought Hitman Sillent Assasins. I thougt it was amazing and I really loved the stealth that was in the game. I pushed my cousin to buy it and he became addicted aswell. I thougt hitman 2 was better than hitman 3. When Hitman Blood Money came I was a real hitman fan. I still play Hitman everyday to do the mission as stealth as possible. I hope my computer can run Hitman Absolution aswell. <3

MasterSegos
23rd Jun 2012, 18:55
Well we go back many years back at 2001:
I was totaly enraged cause my Deus Ex has been deleted and I was so close to the damn end.A second before i try to punch my monitor my friend goes in and says that he found a new Eidos game and then in my try to calm my self down I see THE ULTIMATE GAME Hitman:Codename 47. After that i bought every Hitman game plus the one book until now and here I am ready to face Absolution after years of waiting.

Overdose
23rd Jun 2012, 19:14
I played Hitman: Silent Assassin back in 2005 and it was one of the best games to play back then. I loved it, even thought I had no idea how to play the game properly. After some time, I discovered Contracts and then Blood Money, which were the games that really introduced me into this amazing world.

I realized then, that I actually played Codename 47, but all I did was to shoot everyone around me. Best game franchise I've ever played!

branco18
23rd Jun 2012, 19:41
Well I borowed magazine cd from my friend. And there was codename 47 I think there was a restaurant level there. Demo went ran very bad becouse I had slow computer. Then after some time when I bought new machine I came back to that demo and it ran good. So I got full version of the game. Then played second. Contracts was great and also Bloodmoney. So this is my story of a fan :) Since Bloodmoney I started making videos. I made new one today it is story driven trailer. Watch it and leave a comment.

tbcdlad
23rd Jun 2012, 22:36
Way back in 2002, 10 years ago. I got the original Xbox as a Christmas gift, and the very first game I got to play on it was Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. Since that day, I've loved playing these games. The one thing that got me into it was how the games weren't linear, and the graphics were ok for the time. The game was just fantastic. I've been a diehard fan ever since and will always be a diehard fan of this series. Now, everytime I feel like pulling out my old xbox, I almost always play Silent Assassin or Contracts, two great xbox classics.

Sly Cooper
24th Jun 2012, 03:50
When I was 4 my dad helped me beat Codename 47. Ever since I loved Hitman and beat them without help

Rekalty
24th Jun 2012, 10:40
Played it since "day one" over 12 years ago... would make me 16 then, just realized how old I am, never stopped playing the games since.

Katie_Fleming
24th Jun 2012, 17:57
I was in a games store and picked up the first one...thought it looked cool so I gave it a go. It was completely different than other games I was hooked on and I loved that you were getting paid to kill :naughty:

Also...what stood out for me is that you really had to think about your kills...watch people's movements, see who was around, and put together some sort of strategy.

From then on, hooked ;)

Steve_Dave
13th Jul 2012, 15:11
Here is my quite long story of how I became hooked on Hitman:

A long time ago, I was at a family friend's house, and my brother and me were in the son's room watching him play this new PS2 Game he bought with his first paycheck (Hitman Silent assassin). He complained how buggy it was, and said it was one of the worst games he had ever played. Me and my brother took the controller, and showed him up, making him eat his own words. Before we left his house that day he ended up giving the game to us! So we went home, and my brother beat it. Then I played through it. A month later, my mom's boyfriend was cleaning his PC collection of CD's, and in his throw away pile was Hitman Codename 47. I snatched that up, and installed it. And finally a couple years later Hitman Contracts was announced. We saw it in Game Informer Magazine, and my brother and me were eager to get our hands on it! After pre-ordering and playing through Contracts we eagerly waited for the next release.... Blood Money! I bought that for the PS2 on release, and then when it came out for the 360 I bought it again!

And just last month while shopping for computer parts, I bought the whole PC Trilogy (so my Codename 47 CD wouldn't be lonely on my top shelve in my room :D ). Just installed them, and completed all of them. Now they sit next to my Reservoir Dogs Movie, and Game collection, waiting to be replayed! :P

In total I own two copies of each Hitman game, except Codename 47 (1 copy), and Blood Money (PC, Xbox, PS2) .

EliteAssassin
13th Jul 2012, 16:04
I've always been a big of fan of stealth games since playing the original Metal gear Solid on PS1 and up to Splinter Cell. Unfortunately, I never heard of the Hitman games when the first one came out in 2000. It was only when I was over at a friend's house and saw him playing Silent Assassin, and I got to play a level from the game. After that, I played and followed the series.

VIPERGTSR01
13th Jul 2012, 16:22
Was on holiday and money was burning in my pocket, went into a game store and this just released title called Hitman Codename 47 was on the shelf and looking good. Been a fan ever since.

This is one of those rare games I am glad I just took a gamble and bought without checking reviews, IIRC many reviews were quite harsh and I totally disagreed with them.

Carver
29th Jul 2012, 11:49
I think I was 8 or 9 when I played Hitman: Codename 47 for the first time, heh.
Dad picked me up after school. I was in the backseat, staring out of the window, bored as hell. When we stopped at the traffic light, dad turned around in his seat, said: "Hey, look what I've got!" and gave me a cd case with cool-looking bald guy with the rifle at the front cover. "Hitman: Codename 47". I was really excited, so when we came home, the first thing I did was run to my pc and install the game. What can I say now? I really really really liked "Hitman" and have been playing it ever since. And now I can't wait to get my hands on absolution.

robotx17
30th Jul 2012, 03:30
first sorry for my bad english.

i read about Hitman game that is Hitman 2: silent assassin first on magazine game, and i think this game gonna great because its like sandboxing stealth-assassin game.

and for the First time i play on Hitman: Contract on PSX2

and get me hooked so much

im trying to SA all levels, hear music in-game, repeat the level over & over again.

i think this game is superb & amazing.

then im start to love this game play hitman silent assassin, hitman codename 47,
and then Hitman bloodmoney.

Hitman bloodmoney is game that makes me want to upgrade my Computer especially graphic card lol.

Striike
1st Aug 2012, 02:13
Bought Hitman 2 when I was in the game store, it was an Xbox "Platinum" hit. Fell in love, bought every version day 1 of release since.

David 47 Bateson
2nd Aug 2012, 23:51
I played H2:SA and was terrible at it, my friend then recommended the triple hit pack on ps2. I've been hooked since and eagerly awaiting absolution since blood money .

xzx
16th Aug 2012, 03:06
I had a Playstation 2 and it was pretty lame. So I found a good deal on an Xbox and Blood Money and Contracts came with it.