PDA

View Full Version : Welcome & Introduction Thread

Nick@IO
10th May 2011, 17:10
Welcome to the official Hitman: Absolution forums. This is where you get to join the banter and joyful discussions about IO Interactive's latest installment in the Hitman series - Hitman: Absolution.

We trust you will have lots of fun, engaging and exciting times on these forums and we'll certainly do ours to make sure it's all good.

Below is the first (teaser) trailer announcing the game and our presence at this year's E3.

7AGN5DJ7MV4

Cheers!

SammiiDoogles
10th May 2011, 17:40
Really can't wait for this.

GrievousOdyssey
10th May 2011, 17:55
I promise i'll try not to unleash my armadas of walls of text every so often ...

Out of fear and respect for our favorite bald headed legend ...

Out of fear mostly ...

Lady_Of_The_Vine
10th May 2011, 18:05
Good times ahead! Welcome all. :wave:

7h30n
10th May 2011, 18:10
Hello everyone! Moved from DX:HR part of forums in here to make it more a lively place.

chip5541
10th May 2011, 18:10
Ditto! Welcome everyone.

AlexOfSpades
10th May 2011, 18:21
Hello everyone. I'm a time traveler.

I come from a dystopian futuristic New York where the DXHR forum resides.

I came all the way through time and space to reveal a thing for everyone:

I never played any Hitman games.

Should i?

ZakKa89
10th May 2011, 18:23
Deus Ex human revolution forum members all aboard the Hitman 5 hypetrain!

http://cdn.fpcontent.net/fp/emoot/bandwagon.gif

Alexofspades go Play Hitman: Blood Money right now

JackGordon
10th May 2011, 18:27
Out of curiosity, I'll stick around and observe this area of the boards...

10th May 2011, 18:33
Just can't wait to see what they do this time around.

Sam_kain
10th May 2011, 18:55
Hey all, i am new here, been around TR when it was first announced, i check from time to time but rarely contribute, now i am here at HM

Once i see more at E3, i am sure i will be spending alot of time here and there, i played only one game for hitman, which saden me, yet i hope i will enjoy this new one as much as possible, and maybe Eidos will release a remake for the older games, that way i will get to try the whole series :)

jaywalker2309
10th May 2011, 19:28
Hello all :)

Nick@IO
10th May 2011, 20:14
I promise i'll try not to unleash my armadas of walls of text every so often ...

Out of fear and respect for our favorite bald headed legend ...

Out of fear mostly ...

Yeah, I'm keeping my eye on you Grievous. :rasp:

BigBoss
10th May 2011, 20:41
New hitman........

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://cinemade.startlogic.com/Torque-splosion.gif&imgrefurl=http://cinemade.startlogic.com/Torque.shtml&usg=__DGHgFJaXMyV86nxWUztY8iIlwNg=&h=251&w=377&sz=75&hl=en&start=4&zoom=1&tbnid=wCDuKgidMXQW4M:&tbnh=81&tbnw=122&ei=WaLJTcrGMI7WtQO2h6ClAw&prev=/search%3Fq%3Drunning%2Bfrom%2Bexplosion%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D667%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1
width='700' height='480
I've been waiting.......so long......

http://nerdiest-kids.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/big-boss-salute.JPG1-300x189.jpg

JackGordon
10th May 2011, 20:54
Yeah, I'm keeping my eye on you Grievous. :rasp:It's ok, I've still got my Anti-Grievous-Rambling/Wall-of-Text X4000 add-on installed. Might want to update the firmware, though.

GrievousOdyssey
10th May 2011, 21:04
I'm so damn powerful that even without doing much , i've managed to nearly derailed this thread ...

Soon , the entire forum will crumble ! ...

BeardedHoplite
10th May 2011, 22:24
It's ok, I've still got my Anti-Grievous-Rambling/Wall-of-Text X4000 add-on installed. Might want to update the firmware, though.

That's not gonna be enough. We need physical barriers.
Preferrably a hail of 5.7 bullets from Dogman's P90.

GrievousOdyssey
10th May 2011, 22:29
Ain't you supposed to be working on the IMFDB page of Absolution right now ? ...

We already have pistols in the teaser , go sort this :) out ! ...

IMPYEMU
11th May 2011, 00:38
It is I, IMPYEMU, come to join and bask in the glory of hearing this surprisingly good news.

No matter what happens, keep your Syringe contaning a Non-Lethal Sedative close to your heart, and the desicions you make can never be too wrong . . .

Driber
11th May 2011, 06:38
Hello, everyone! Welcome to all new members :wave:

Sotsiak
11th May 2011, 08:09
Hey there, I played the original Hitman 5 years ago and it was awesome :D So I just saw a new one comes out and it reminded me of the first one.. well I'll definetely check the forums once in a while. Are the other 3 Hitman games worth checking? Maybe I'll give them a try too!

Irate_Iguana
11th May 2011, 08:12
Are the other 3 Hitman games worth checking? Maybe I'll give them a try too!

Yes. They tend to get better with each iteration. You get more options and less wonky AI.

BigBoss
11th May 2011, 08:22
I'd recommend starting with blood money and working your way backwards in case you start to get burned out from catching up on 3 games. Don't worry, the plot is practically nonexistent.

Sotsiak
11th May 2011, 08:39
Thanks, I'll check them all then when I have time :cool:

Sina_Croft
11th May 2011, 13:44
AwesomenessS :D

German
11th May 2011, 14:11
Hitman , my fav game series of all time.

Can't get enough of Agent47, I hope they keep the silent assassin style of killing/knocking out targets,etc.

There's not many games where you can kill a target with poison from a puffer fish and calmly walk out of the area in a nice suit.

I love the trial and error ways of trying to finish the game with barely a kill and no alarms tripped etc. It's such a drastic change of pace from twitch gaming.

I really, REALLY, I mean REALLY, really hope they don't over action-ize the game to point of ridiculousness. I know the common theme these days is to add a all you can eat buffet of action and MP , but please ,please DO NOT remove any stealth features found in the previous games.

If they do that then I can rest assured this will be a proper Hitman.

We have a multitude of action games to choose from ,a mountain of overabundance in that genre. But... the thinking man's hitman, the stealth game is a small, small option as far a new titles hitting the market.

Stealth...

that is all

Driber
11th May 2011, 14:17
German, very long time no see!

Good to have you back :)

Kvltism
12th May 2011, 16:54
Stoked for another Hitman fix. It's also good to see a healthy contingent of folk from the DXHR forum over here already. :D

BenMkline
7th Jun 2011, 20:16
I love Blood Money, but I am sick of having to play it over and over again because no one has put out a decent stealth game in years. Hopefully Absolution fills this void. Long live 47!

Commander Shepard
8th Jun 2011, 17:29
I am Commander Shepard and i love the hitman series.

I should go....

Slinkey
8th Jun 2011, 22:04
I just came here to post how awesome this game is going to be.
I know it, because it is THE Hitman series.

All though from the trailer there, I enjoyed that naked body, let's home Hitman will be uncensored like Witcher 2? :P

Geed
9th Jun 2011, 00:29
Hello All! So excited!!!!!

Srosa
28th Jun 2011, 23:33
Hi.

MisterBaka
7th Jul 2011, 07:45
Hello. I am from the stereotypically cold and snowy lands of Russia. And i can't wait for the next Hitman game as the series has the best stealth\action\style\anything.

Maximus Max
13th Jul 2011, 16:36
Ah ..
Freakin love fourums. Love Hitman more, thought I'd jump on the bandwagon early.

Sir Joe
14th Jul 2011, 05:30
so far this game is looking good.

nirvana1
14th Jul 2011, 23:37
hi cliff how you doin

LaraCroftFanForever
22nd Jul 2011, 01:26
Hi
Like the trailer and I should check the hitman series never play them before.

Dolfa
13th Aug 2011, 00:30
Hitman 1 is difficult due there is no save game ability and the graphics are a bit low however it's worth trying. Hitman 2 and 3 are much better and their storyline is impressive aswell as gameplay and graphics.

jensy
13th Aug 2011, 03:42
hey

kheammachart
13th Oct 2011, 12:19
Awesomenessssssssssssssssssss gameeeeee ^_^

I'm waiting for you agent 47 .

kheammachart
13th Oct 2011, 12:22
Hello , I'm a new guy , I 'm from Thailand , it's nice to meet fans games EDIOS and IO-Interactive .

LittleEagle
14th Oct 2011, 04:11
Hello , I'm a new guy

LaraCroftFanForever
15th Oct 2011, 07:57
To the two new memebers welcome to Edos forums and enjoy your stay

kheammachart
15th Oct 2011, 14:32

Thank you so much . :o:o

LittleEagle
15th Oct 2011, 14:36

Thank you so much . :o:o

Yeah , me too

Thank you so much LaraCroftFanForever . :o:o:flowers::flowers:

Jerminator
13th Nov 2011, 09:20
To the developers:

I cant tell you how excited I am for this game. I knew something was missing in my life and this is the answer. When I first heard a new Hitman game was coming I literally almost crapped my pants. Anyways, looking forward to the game. This is my most anticipated release. Cheers

-Jerm

Travis_IO
14th Nov 2011, 08:01
A big hello to all you new guys, girls and assassins.

Don't be afraid to chat with those of us who are already here.

We don't (usually) bite.

Sotsiak91
13th Dec 2011, 13:03
Hi everyone, don't know what to say, I am eager to see how this game will be like, I love Hitman games and I hope this one will meet our high expectations.

Soleil
13th Dec 2011, 15:03
Oh, just recognized that theres a welcome thread :D Anyway, heres another hitman-gameplay-lover from Austria :D Cant wait for the new Game (im in since Silent Assassin), I will definitly buy it.

omega77
29th Dec 2011, 20:38
i just came here to say hello to everyone, love the hitman games cant wait to play the new one.

happy hunting.

Sotsiak91
29th Dec 2011, 22:31
Hi bro, same as you, let's hope it is good :D

Screaming Meat
2nd Jan 2012, 16:23
Hello, I hope you are all well and groovey and that. I like Hitman, can't wait to play the new one... although, well, it has an awful lot to live up to, doesn't it?

Hopefully talk to you lot soon.

Travis_IO
3rd Jan 2012, 08:47
Hi everyone, don't know what to say, I am eager to see how this game will be like, I love Hitman games and I hope this one will meet our high expectations.

Oh, just recognized that theres a welcome thread :D Anyway, heres another hitman-gameplay-lover from Austria :D Cant wait for the new Game (im in since Silent Assassin), I will definitly buy it.

i just came here to say hello to everyone, love the hitman games cant wait to play the new one.

happy hunting.

Hello, I hope you are all well and groovey and that. I like Hitman, can't wait to play the new one... although, well, it has an awful lot to live up to, doesn't it?

Hopefully talk to you lot soon.

Welcome to the party!

Acid_Burn
3rd Jan 2012, 10:31
Welcome to our forums! :)

P.S. Travis, it seems that THIS number follows you everywhere. Just look at the timing of your post :D

imported_Ice_man
9th Jan 2012, 19:34
hey just thought i would say hey to everyone, can't wait for the new Hitman, cheers!

mendietinha
10th Jan 2012, 07:22
hello. can't wait for this game.

i play hitman since '07. post some videos on youtube. glad to be here.

MrAtmea
12th Jan 2012, 18:52
Just saying hi, and like everyone here: I can't wait for this game. Big fan since Silent Assassin.

Travis_IO
13th Jan 2012, 11:03
hey just thought i would say hey to everyone, can't wait for the new Hitman, cheers!

hello. can't wait for this game.

i play hitman since '07. post some videos on youtube. glad to be here.

Just saying hi, and like everyone here: I can't wait for this game. Big fan since Silent Assassin.

Welcome along. I'm sure you'll all fit in just fine. Just remember to keep the conversation friendly. ;)

ezjohny
13th Jan 2012, 19:50
Well here is alittle something about me, I'm a PC gamer and I like the hit man series!

I plan on getting the LGA 2011 Socket, X79 Express Chipset when the 22nm processors come out in april of 2012 with the new graphic cards, the graphic cards have 32 lanes of data transfer instead of 16, 32 lanes of data transfer should improve games I think!
For now I got a X58 Platform with an Intel i7 920 processor, Nvidia GTX 560 TI Graphic Card that supports DX11, 6GB G.Skill 1600 MHz DDR3 memory and a 500GB hard drive from Western Digital Calivar Black, O my system is 6 years old now.

Been waiting for the "Next Generation" in Gaming to get here!!!

xRIOTxGRRRLx
18th Jan 2012, 13:52
sup

Driber
18th Jan 2012, 14:03
yo

petersjov
27th Jan 2012, 06:56
So i was trying to mind my own business, when K&L came by, and told me about a new Hitman game ;-)

On a side note, Your game media / Videos are amazing, getting better, and better ;-)

BuxGunny
28th Jan 2012, 19:27
Can't wait untill the release of this awsome game, yet i am most likely not going to play the game, although i can't wait to see all the gameplay at my friend's system :)

Travis_IO
3rd Feb 2012, 09:22
@ezjohny @xRIOTxGRRRLx @petersjov @BuxGunny

Hi. Hey. Welcome. Hello.

Yacova
5th Feb 2012, 05:07
Hey everyone!

My first Hitman game was BM, bought it completely on impulse, but have never regretted the decision. Later I got SA and enjoyed it. I have been waiting for the new one for so long! I need a release date already.

Anu
8th Feb 2012, 09:14
Greetings, fellow assassin-lovers.

I´m really curious about the game. It has been quite a while now since I last dusted off the silverballers. A bit.. massively sad also to see Bateson and Kyd go, but after the initial urge to nerdrage some, I decided I still want to play the game. So...here I am.

NeoPhoenix
11th Feb 2012, 20:59
good evening @all
i´m playing hitman since its second part - a few day ago i found blood money on my pc again and i´m not able to stop playing it. randomly i found this forum. so hi xD

marknally
11th Mar 2012, 11:09
Hi all, joined up to keep up with any new info on Hitman, it's pretty much the only new game I have any interest in, well apart from Trials Evolution but that's a whole other bag of fun :)

GebelTheRebel
11th Mar 2012, 12:45
Thought I'd officially say hello as well. I'm already having a great time here! Love the positive attitude!

AmazingTabeeb
18th Mar 2012, 08:44
Hi everyone! :wave:

I'm new to the forums and even to the game however I've known of and played the series at friends houses since the earlier days.
I'm a big fan of the stealth genre and really enjoy most games that aim to incorporate it. Really looking forward to the latest installment and to getting to hear more from all of you. :cool::D

AmazingTabeeb
18th Mar 2012, 08:46
Thought I'd officially say hello as well. I'm already having a great time here! Love the positive attitude!

There is such a positive attitude here! Really a great thing :thumb:

As Nas
24th Apr 2012, 20:15
Hi

I've been playing the entire Hitman series since... erm... ahem 2002.

Have literally grown with this game, but I would happily part with it if the next installment does not make the hit.

No more David Bateson or Vivienne McKee... Honestly speaking that almost made me bin the lot. Having known quite a few actors trying to get a break; it's a shoddy way to treat people. The two I've just mentioned are like the whole franchises royalty to me. The reasons for getting rid of them are more likely to be psychopathic than professional.

So what more is there to say? Bring on the release, the journey has been pretty epic so far...

And well if it's crap, I won't be too surprised.

LittleDan
15th May 2012, 21:56
Hi all,
Massive hitman fan and have played Hitman Silent Assassin and Blood Money to death wasn’t to keen on contracts but I am so excited to play the next instalment as it looks fantastic.

Can’t wait to get my hands on Sniper challenge just to pass some time till November

Augustine
13th Jun 2012, 00:32
Might as well say hey all!

Been a fan of the Hitman franchise since Silent Assassin, have all the games and I'm hugely disappointed that David Bateson, Vivienne McKee, and Jesper Kyd won't be returning for whatever reason.

Thankfully from previews of that Chinatown level and the Sniper Challenge the game seems to have kept the Atmosphere I feel in love with in Hitman 2

Alex Mercer
20th Jun 2012, 04:32
Thank you for bringing us endless entertainment from your great franchises like Thi4f and H:A they will be awesome among their release

Nick@IO
20th Jun 2012, 06:35
Hi Alex. Thanks very much. We aim to please :)

A quick note - please have a look around the forum before making new threads and try to group up some of them or use existing ones (such as the welcome thread for this one). We're trying to keep the amount of 'small' threads like this down.

Welcome to the forums!

Rekalty
20th Jun 2012, 14:25
Not sure if I have said Hello, so might as well!
Long-time Fan of the Hitman series, played them since the beginning and dont have any plans to stop doing so anytime soon, also helps to live in the same country as IOI. Pre-ordered Prof. Edition from Steam the day it was available, so now all there is to do is wait!

Sly Cooper
21st Jun 2012, 03:41
Thank you for bringing us endless entertainment from your great franchises like Thi4f and H:A they will be awesome among their release

Thats nice of you to say Alex thanks for showing them support:)

Sly Cooper
21st Jun 2012, 03:44
And on my behalf I would also like to say thank you to IO and Eidos for making Hitman my favorite series you have brought your many fans.

Shiba08
24th Jul 2012, 03:30
Well I just joined today. I have visited the forum before, but I just registered. I guess better late than never.

Anywho..Hello!

Hope to make new friends and just go crazy about this game, because I'm loving what I'm seeing so far =)

Subtlety
26th Aug 2012, 14:29
So... hello to every one threading these threads.
Hitman fan ever since the first game (which was at times nerve-wrecking, but originality is something I always appreciate since it's hard to find.)
I make music and I'm an English teacher at an English cultural center in Sofia, Bulgaria (chill, not a grammar nazi, misspell all you want :D )
That's about it! Currently awaiting Absolution (game event of the year to me, my gf can take Assassins Creed 3 and shove it and Dishonored looks like a Bioshock ripoff mated with a Thief ripoff) and... yeah. Pros know why Hitman is The Game.
:wave:

petersjov
28th Aug 2012, 16:52
Hi, long time something... ;-) just a fan of the Kane & lynch series, and like the games, shooting & gameplay. Well .... so....ehhh looked at a some gameplay of Hitman AB, and it looks awesome !! - im a fan of this game now ;-), also the trailers are freaking great.

AnotherJohnSmith
29th Aug 2012, 14:01
Hi,

I've been around for a long time and finally decided to register.
Its so great to see devs chatting with their fans and answering their questions. I guess you the only company which do that nowadays.

Thanks for all your projects and good luck in your work. Especially with H:A.

Travis_IO
29th Aug 2012, 14:47
Hello new members!

Please remember to keep threads on-topic and always have your fibre wire ready.

:gamer:

nembirth498
21st Sep 2012, 13:50
Hello everybody , Im waiting for the game as you !!

RealestHitman
2nd Oct 2012, 23:29
hi im new here.. im also a member on the other forum.. but i gotta say i just love hitman its my favorite franchise.. im awaiting hitman Absolution now, cant wait to be honest i never looked forward this much to a game before.. Tbh i never knew who made the hitman games or any other game....but after some raesearch i am a fan of IoI developers now i follow you guys and enjoy watching all youre intervieuws i even know some names,the passion when you guys speak about the game shows ..this game is the first preorder i ever did.. i am really thankfull you guys giving us another hitman:)

Mr White
8th Oct 2012, 15:29
Hello, everyone, I'm new here!! I've already pre-ordered Absolution and I can't wait to play it!!

Venjx
11th Oct 2012, 16:31
Cant wait for this game!! :D btw anyone know how i can have a picture on my profile? lol

WRECKU
9th Nov 2012, 02:14
I'm here and have been waiting a very long time for this game. Playing sniper challenge and contemplating shaving my head. Well okay I won't go that far.:cool:

WRECKU
9th Nov 2012, 02:17
Cant wait for this game!! :D btw anyone know how i can have a picture on my profile? lol

Click on your name, follow the instructions. If still not sure then ask your mom she knows everything. :lol:

Venjx
9th Nov 2012, 12:29
Bonjour!

dswolf80
10th Nov 2012, 02:44
Hello, all. Im new member here ;) Im so excited about new Hitman, i finish all Hitmans and for me is the best game I've ever played! And for this i have BIRTHDAY IN 20TH NOV! I think this is be best my gift!! ;)) Respect for IO team! Polish fans just waiting for 20th ;) and greeting from Poland! Sry for bad english :D

chalkman
14th Nov 2012, 20:24
Hello. HUGE fan of Hitman series, played them all. VERY excited about the new game, already preordered and ready for Tuesday.

Heisenberg
17th Nov 2012, 14:20
Hey, I'm a new user here at Eidos forums from Portugal. Pre-ordered Absolution on Steam and loving the free stuff you're giving, thanks for continuing the franchise as well.

RoninGT21
20th Nov 2012, 00:59
Hey guys, less than a day left.
Here's how I am going to go to pick up my copy:
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/61442_10151137842607901_932899558_n.jpg

Sina_Croft
20th Nov 2012, 12:51
Welcome RoninGT21! Awesome way to get the copy! :D

DorianVoid
24th Nov 2012, 01:04
Hey guys, I'm a long time fan of the Hitman series. Really enjoying Absolution so far, even if there are some differences in the game that I'm not sure I really like, But that's only to be expected with a new release, it may take some time getting used to.
Anyway, hope to make plenty of contracts for everyone and get many sleepless nights in attempting all of yours. =)

RobAKABert
28th Nov 2012, 00:02
Alright guys, i notice it's been awhile since anyone has posted here. But figured i'd pop in here first and say hello, so....hello.

minair
28th Nov 2012, 01:18
Hello everyone,

I am a die-hard fan of the Hitman franchise...I think it is the best game ever because it requires intelligence, creativity and improvisation from you...Agent 47 is the coolest assassin ever...I have played all the Hitman games and cant wait to get my hands on Hitman Absolution...I have a quick question for all of you...What is the difference between Standard Edition and Professional Edition?

ROBBMAC
8th Dec 2012, 15:32
Hello all,

I'm new to the forums, but not new to the Hitman universe. Absolution is great. Add me on XBOX 360 GT=ROBBMAC

marthchyld
16th Dec 2012, 03:34
hi folks,
i'm a new comer here. my steam id is marthchyld. add me as a friend if you want.
i want to share contracts with you.

Thepdog
16th Dec 2012, 12:23
This is possibly the best game I've ever played on PS3. I really can't believe some reviews have pegged it below Max Payne3. Crazy!
Thanks guys for the hours of enjoyment I've had. It's a stunning, stunning game!!

MuddledMuppet
4th Jan 2013, 14:29
Hi all, I'm new to the Hitman series, I'm mainly a multiplayer guy, but I gotta say I been having waaaay more fun with this than I expected, especially when I found out about the Contracts that can be player created!

(I'm on PS3 playing Absolution)

I'd be interested in having a look around other peoples contracts and putting some on my youtube channel, example vid here, demonstrating my total commitment to the series by shaving my head :D,

TKwH0jKHx8g

If anyone would like me to show their creations, feel free to let me know. just make sure they're not too hard, i'm not the best hitman around lol

Cheers!

MM

MuddledMuppet
5th Jan 2013, 16:20
So.... dead forum?

Webimpulse
16th Jan 2013, 00:23
Hey all, I'm Webimpulse, and I'm a Hitman veteran, since Hitman Contracts. I know that doesn't make me the hardest of core, but I'm still down with the 47. ;) (Yeah, that was cheesy, I apologize.)

Anyway, I've really been digging the Contracts mode of Hitman Absolution. I can't wait to share my creations with the rest of you. :D Happy hitting!

import_ILikeGAMESish
17th Jan 2013, 14:45
Hey guys,

Also a new guy here. Absolutely love Absolution, Contracts mode is fantastic! Here to share my own contracts and to try and smash some of yours!

LaraCroftFanForever
18th Jan 2013, 07:40
Hey guys,

Also a new guy here. Absolutely love Absolution, Contracts mode is fantastic! Here to share my own contracts and to try and smash some of yours!

Have you about Hitman collection for ps3?

import_ILikeGAMESish
19th Jan 2013, 10:47
Have you about Hitman collection for ps3?

Not quite sure what you mean there, mate, but I'm an Xbox player!

LaraCroftFanForever
20th Jan 2013, 08:51
Not quite sure what you mean there, mate, but I'm an Xbox player!

This what I'm talking about

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/PS3-Hitman-Trio.jpg

HPD268
11th May 2013, 18:22
Got an invite to post my brightest creation. Extremely vague invite, no idea where to post them. Either way here they are. 5.0470..18281.HPD2 5.2220..11720.HPD2