PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Magazine Cover

chriss_99
27th Apr 2011, 20:59
I hope that jaycw2309 will forgive me for posting his picture from TRF over here but it's too awesome not to show it and it's only a cover not scans.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/230818_10150170604471158_287378891157_6882115_2794866_n.jpg

I'm in love all over again :nut:

dark7angel
27th Apr 2011, 21:36
This cover is soooo freaking AWESOME!!!!!!!

AdobeArtist
27th Apr 2011, 22:07

I SAW HER FIRST!! :gamer::naughty:;):p

LC is Me
27th Apr 2011, 22:10
How lovely.
C:

Greenas
27th Apr 2011, 22:16
The perfect way to highlight how Lara isn't coated in her "teflon beauty" anymore.

I love it!!!! :D:D:D

Gemma_Darkmoon_
27th Apr 2011, 22:45
The colouration of the oufit looks way more like the classic outfit so think that is a massive improvement. I love the way the light is shining on her in the picture. I thought the initial concept art was very shaky but this is much more back on track and I like it.

WinterSoldierLTE
27th Apr 2011, 22:58
LoL
Kind of ironic that they've got "Secrets of the PlayStation Network Revealed" on the cover given recent events. Bet they're grimicing over that one.

AdobeArtist
27th Apr 2011, 23:01
LoL
Kind of ironic that they've got "Secrets of the PlayStation Network Revealed" on the cover given recent events. Bet they're grimicing over that one.

Yowza, I didn't even notice that :lmao::lmao:

The hazards of print publication, where design has to be created long before the issue ever hits shelves.

TrickyVein
27th Apr 2011, 23:04
That image is so...

unflattering.

It's like being caught in a photograph when you're blinking. It's like looking at an image of a cat cleaning itself with its tongue.

I feel nothing.

AdobeArtist
27th Apr 2011, 23:08
That image is so...

unflattering.

It's like being caught in a photograph when you're blinking. It's like looking at an image of a cat cleaning itself with its tongue.

I feel nothing.

So Lara should have been posing for the camera? It's supposed to look like she's in a state of disarray, a moment of time captured that tells a story of hardship and struggle. Hardly material that is meant to be "flattering".

_Love2Raid_
27th Apr 2011, 23:21
That image is so...

unflattering.

I feel nothing.
Lol, you for real?

Rhanyan
27th Apr 2011, 23:25
If ever an image spoke a thousand words...

To use a worn expression...awesome!

Jurre
27th Apr 2011, 23:42
I think that pickaxe is going to be a lot of fun

TrickyVein
27th Apr 2011, 23:48
So Lara should have been posing for the camera? It's supposed to look like she's in a state of disarray, a moment of time captured that conveys hardship and struggle. hardly material that is meant to be "flattering".

That's just the thing.

It looks like she's posing. Like some person put her in that pose to make the image.

There's no natural quality to it. Its a very unimaginative, full-frontal shot. There is absolutely no engagement with the viewer.

WinterSoldierLTE
27th Apr 2011, 23:52
I think that pickaxe is going to be a lot of fun

Agreed. That thing just screams: "Let's go at it "Descent" style!"

TrickyVein
27th Apr 2011, 23:54
She certainly needs to have more ripped clothing.

Cristiavano
28th Apr 2011, 00:29
The colouration of the oufit looks way more like the classic outfit so think that is a massive improvement. I love the way the light is shining on her in the picture. I thought the initial concept art was very shaky but this is much more back on track and I like it.

i think it is still grey just in different lighting

_awestruck_
28th Apr 2011, 00:42
That's just the thing.

It looks like she's posing. Like some person put her in that pose to make the image.

There's no natural quality to it. Its a very unimaginative, full-frontal shot. There is absolutely no engagement with the viewer.

Funny to hear that because quite a few non fans have been very engaged with the cover.

TrickyVein
28th Apr 2011, 01:00
Whoa...

Too

much

information.

Whatever floats your boat, there buddy. ;)

_awestruck_
28th Apr 2011, 01:15
Whoa...

Too

much

information.

As wrong as that sounds, that wasn't what I meant.

mikey716
28th Apr 2011, 01:30
NEW IMAGES

[edit: link removed, video contains scans. - Driber.]

I have the strangest feeling about this game, maybe it will bring back the TR generation Or it will be an epic fail but it looks like its far from that :D!!!!! Hopefully the game will be good so i can stop watching Jersey Shore!!!

Andy64
28th Apr 2011, 02:21
That is a great front cover:D. This is the first image I have seen of the new Lara that I can actually believe is Lara (and could actually grow to like):thumb::thumb:. Thank goodness she looks feminine again and does resemble a plausable young Lara. For wounds, face structure, breast size, detail etc this pic works.

I just wonder if that tear on her trousers will continue as the game progresses to make shorts:D.

TrickyVein
28th Apr 2011, 03:13
I know, right? It's like if everything else fails, there'd be a reason to keep playing.

She definitely doesn't have a man-jaw in this pic, I'll give the artist that much.

Natla
28th Apr 2011, 06:36
At least they've given her her chest back. Hate the hair. Has this image got anything to do with the gameplay or is it just advertising?

RosePetals
28th Apr 2011, 06:53
Only Lara can pull off this look and still look beautiful. :rolleyes:

The image is so... crisp, sharp, and fresh. Exactly how they wanted to depict Lara and the new game. :flowers:

I'm just a bit worried though.

I've read in the Spanish magazine that this new TR is actually inspired by other games. (e.g. Uncharted, Half-Life 2, Batman Begins)

Tomb Raider was always known for its original concepts and gameplay, and I'm just a little nervous about whether these borrowed elements would work with TR and Lara. :o

I hope it does though--The new render looks so frikking epic. :thumb:

chriss_99
28th Apr 2011, 08:43
Don't worry. ;)

I'm sure CD is going to gather up the best features from all these games and create an awesome Tomb Raider experience. All these titles are very popular and successful.

Too bad we cannot compare the old screenshots with the new ones but I can see a huge improvement in graphics. I hope that someone will upload the media thread with some nice wallpapers from the playstation magazine cover. ;)
That would be cool, wouldn't it?

Silvermoth
28th Apr 2011, 10:52
Incredible! I'm a 23 year old male and when I saw that picture pop up on facebook this morning I screamed a little like a small girl at a Bieber concert.

I can't wait to see more! This is my #1 game to look forward to! I'm buying a 360 just for it!

TrickyVein
28th Apr 2011, 13:33
I'm just a bit worried though.

I've read in the Spanish magazine that this new TR is actually inspired by other games. (e.g. Uncharted, Half-Life 2, Batman Begins)

Tomb Raider was always known for its original concepts and gameplay, and I'm just a little nervous about whether these borrowed elements would work with TR and Lara. :o

The industry has grown up.

Jerion
28th Apr 2011, 19:14
The industry has grown up.

Don't cross the streams!

Nooooooo-

TrickyVein
28th Apr 2011, 19:57
:D OK, I'm coming back, good buddy.

RosePetals
28th Apr 2011, 23:31
Cannot. Wait. For. Pick-axe. Fun. Epicness!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this would be the first time she would ever use a melee weapon, right? :O

(Excluding the punches and kicks Lara could do in TRAOD, TRL, and TRU.)

Flintmelody
28th Apr 2011, 23:57
yay. The man-jaw is gone and her breasts are back. Now I can have much more confidence in the new Lara.

xXTombRaiderXx
30th Apr 2011, 10:14
I hope that jaycw2309 will forgive me for posting his picture from TRF over here but it's too awesome not to show it and it's only a cover not scans.

< image >

I'm in love all over again :nut:im so getting that magazine when it comes out !! :)

Cristiavano
3rd May 2011, 22:25

< image >

ah i just realized whats annoying the angle is too frontal maybe a side angle and her left eye has blood above her eyelids and below her eyebrows i keep on thinking shes japanese and wearing makeup

The New Blueguy
4th May 2011, 00:08
Whoa...

Too

much

information.

Says the guy who just posted...

She certainly needs to have more ripped clothing.

Honestly, I've been going over the Internet the last day and a half and (yes, I'm generalizing) it seems most "fans" are in a state of "Wurz da boobz and pouty lipz!!!" syndrome. The picture wasn't supposed to be flattering and was supposed to engage the viewer in a far more subtle way than the typical video game chick winks at camera with a "you know you wanna bang me" look.

LC is Me
4th May 2011, 00:11
Says the guy who just posted...

Honestly, I've been going over the Internet the last day and a half and (yes, I'm generalizing) it seems most "fans" are in a state of "Wurz da boobz and pouty lipz!!!" syndrome. The picture wasn't supposed to be flattering and was supposed to engage the viewer in a far more subtle way than the typical video game chick winks at camera with a "you know you wanna bang me" look.

:thumb:LC likes this.

Driber
4th May 2011, 06:16
I just removed the large repeated image from 2 posts in a row.

Guys, when you need to quote someone, try to remove large images from the quote in your post. This cover was already posted in the first post here, we don't need to see it over and over again, cluttering the thread.

Rhanyan
4th May 2011, 06:42
I think the latest Lara magazine covers are very thematic and quite awesome. Those images portray much.

monwolf
6th May 2011, 06:19
I just wonder if that tear on her trousers will continue as the game progresses to make shorts:D.

I agree. I'd love to see a cutscene where that tear unravels and she is ends up just cutting to the pants and revealing her iconic shorts. IMO revealing that look in game would be in line with what this game is supposed be doing... telling a story of how Lara became LARA.

Greenas
6th May 2011, 13:15
At least they've given her her chest back.

I hope not!

Thank God it's just a concept that it isn't the same as what was in the in-game screenshots.

One of the reasons this Lara is more relatable is because her body is at least proportionate, I don't want any motivation for this Lara to be considered another major sex symbol. :eek: