PDA

View Full Version : Why Cant i..?

President_al
26th Apr 2011, 22:32
Hi guys I am sorry for this question I am new to this forum but what is annoying me is,
I had gotten Batman: Arkham Asylum. game of the year edition
and on the case it says " Exclusive, Play as the the Joker. Challenge maps available on PSN."
So I went to that (this was a while back before the current problems with the PSN) and I downloaded all the things that went with Joker stuff and I was existed to play as the joker in the challenges, because he is my favorite villain, it said just go to the challenge mode (or what ever it was) and the jokers figure will be there (or something to that effect) and I did but it wasn't there so I retraced my steps to make sure I did it right and he never showed up and I haven't really been able to find out why it wont work.

Is this only happening to me?
what do I do to get it to work?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

(please don't get crazy mad at me for asking i love this game and really would love that part of the game)

Joseph Kerstein
27th Apr 2011, 00:45
Hi guys I am sorry for this question I am new to this forum but what is annoying me is,
I had gotten Batman: Arkham Asylum. game of the year edition
and on the case it says " Exclusive, Play as the the Joker. Challenge maps available on PSN."
So I went to that (this was a while back before the current problems with the PSN) and I downloaded all the things that went with Joker stuff and I was existed to play as the joker in the challenges, because he is my favorite villain, it said just go to the challenge mode (or what ever it was) and the jokers figure will be there (or something to that effect) and I did but it wasn't there so I retraced my steps to make sure I did it right and he never showed up and I haven't really been able to find out why it wont work.

Is this only happening to me?
what do I do to get it to work?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

(please don't get crazy mad at me for asking i love this game and really would love that part of the game)

You have to play the story and unlock challenge maps as Batman (by completing The Riddler's challenges) before you can play any of the maps. No, you don't have to unlock ALL the maps to be able to play them. You can play a map as soon as you unlock it, and you can play that map as either Batman or Joker aside from the special Batman only stealth/combat maps.

Hope this helps. Enjoy the game, dude. :)

JackWinz
27th Apr 2011, 01:50
Note: If you have the GOTY edition, you have to download THAT version of the Joker, otherwise download the normal version..

Batman The Trailer Hunter
27th Apr 2011, 03:12
What they said

President_al
27th Apr 2011, 13:42
Note: If you have the GOTY edition, you have to download THAT version of the Joker, otherwise download the normal version..

Sorry I am not trying to be an idiot but what do you mean? what does this mean?

Note: If you have the GOTY edition, you have to download THAT version of the Joker

and also the normal one?
can you enplane to me please?
(sorry i am not trying to sound rude or like a jerk, or dumb just don't understand)

Joseph Kerstein
27th Apr 2011, 16:39
GOTY edition stands for "Game Of The Year" edition. There are two versions of The Joker download; one for the regular version of the game, and another for the GOTY version of the game. Depending on which version of the game you have installed, you will need to get that version of "Play As The Joker" download.

JackWinz
27th Apr 2011, 23:02
Sorry I am not trying to be an idiot but what do you mean? what does this mean?

and also the normal one?

There's only one Joker download you need.
The 'Game Of The Year Edition' or the normal one, depending on which version of the game you own.

President_al
27th Apr 2011, 23:06
GOTY edition stands for "Game Of The Year" edition. There are two versions of The Joker download; one for the regular version of the game, and another for the GOTY version of the game. Depending on which version of the game you have installed, you will need to get that version of "Play As The Joker" download.

There's only one Joker download you need.
The 'Game Of The Year Edition' or the normal one, depending on which version of the game you own.

I have the Game of The Year Edition ( the 3d one i guess?) so when i get the chance do i need to go back to psn and download the "Play as the joker"?

JD_Method
27th Apr 2011, 23:46
I have the Game of The Year Edition ( the 3d one i guess?) so when i get the chance do i need to go back to psn and download the "Play as the joker"?

Yeah. There are two versions of Batman: Arkham Asylum. There is the normal version and the Game of the Year (or GOTY) version, which you have.

You have to make sure you download the correct Joker content for the version of the game that you have. So you will need to find Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition on PSN and download the Joker content for that.

I hope this works for you. Let us know if you have any further trouble getting the Joker DLC working and we'll try to help you. :)

JackWinz
28th Apr 2011, 01:28
PSN is down still... \:

Bummer..

Joseph Kerstein
28th Apr 2011, 02:27
PSN is down still... \:

Bummer..

And isn't that because of someone hacking the system so they could use a fake credit card or something? I think I read about that yesterday. Something about using one to download as much content as they wanted for zilch.

SammiiDoogles
28th Apr 2011, 15:15
And isn't that because of someone hacking the system so they could use a fake credit card or something? I think I read about that yesterday. Something about using one to download as much content as they wanted for zilch.

Yeah something like that. People used a custom firmware update that allowed them to access the PSN store as developers; giving them access to Sony's secure network meaning they could just make several fake credit cards without having to check as it was supposed to be 'trusted'. They then proceeded to just take whatever they wanted. I think I've read about some of them altering things on there aswell which is part of the reason PSN had to be physically shut down, and of course the fact they have everyones details (barring credit cards, despite what some think - It's unlikely that they do but the possibility isn't ruled out - but due to the fact that CC details were encrypted and personal details (Name, email, DOB etc) weren't, I doubt they have peoples CC details).

They've said how PSN is being rebuilt and the servers moved to a more secure location with new security in place, and when it is back up everyone will be required to change passwords so I'm confident everything will be okay.