PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider. Something i grew up with!

Ammar1990
9th Apr 2011, 03:12
Hello everyone. I am a very big fan of Tomb Raider. i have played every game of tomb raider series. i have ended about five and now half way through anniversary. I just wanted to get some thoughts on the graphics on anniversary as compared to Legend and Underworld. I think the graphics are not as good as in Underworld which was just a stunner for me, Why did the quality go down if you think i did and if i am wrong please do correct me. Last things i wanted to talk about is i dont like the idea of a tomb raider game with no magic or spectacular events, something that is actually in the heart and core of this game for a long time. I do understand they are trying to remodel the whole series but i would love to see those mummies from "Revelation" and Egyptian Magic. I think i will really miss that part of Tomb raider, the unrealistic drama that only Lara can create. I would love to know what all of you guys think!?

Gemma_Darkmoon_
9th Apr 2011, 04:13
Underworld has better graphics as it was made after both Legend and Anniversary. The quality of graphics went up in each subsequent release.

With the new TR being a 18 and with more a horror theme I think some scary monsters are bound to make an appearance. Not mummies seen as it isn't Egypt but something on same lines. Even though they are going for realism, know we still still see lots of exciting unrealistic drama with the combat and evading traps. For spectacular events the shipwreck start is bound to be good and there will probably be some mysticism aspect to the island.

RosePetals
9th Apr 2011, 05:34
I just wanted to get some thoughts on the graphics on anniversary as compared to Legend and Underworld. I think the graphics are not as good as in Underworld which was just a stunner for me, Why did the quality go down if you think i did and if i am wrong please do correct me. Last things i wanted to talk about is i dont like the idea of a tomb raider game with no magic or spectacular events, something that is actually in the heart and core of this game for a long time.

Actually, the graphics improved greatly compared to TRU. You should check out the new screenshots of the upcoming game. Couldn't believe they were in-game screenshots myself. :)

As for the "mysticsm"... Stuck in a creepy Japanese island that literally sucks in boats, ships, and even planes? Warding off scary-looking maybe cannibal natives? Yeah, I think this island has as enough supernatural phenomena going on as an Egyptian tomb. ;)

Ammar1990
10th Apr 2011, 08:49
I hope it does, i have enjoyed every bit of time i have spent playing TR games. Amazing creation, thinking, creativity, i meant everything is just inch perfect. I am really looking forward to it. One thing i didn't like about anniversary is i found a lot of ways to evade the bosses or the predators. for monkeys u just climb to some high ground and that is it and so on. I would like to get something where evasion in impossible except for confrontation and killing. As a gamer i know ill look for ways to get past things like long confrontations, something that is natural for me. But over all i just love this game totally. I do wana see some structures, ruins and high climbs. One more thing that is worth pointing out is the background music of Underworld, Just phenomenal. Especially in Nepal, when we go and look for the plane wreckage, music is really enchanting. I would also like to see more of story line, cut scenes, interactions with people. Sorry for confusing anniversary as the latest game, i dont know why i thought it was the latest one but i am half way through the game and i have no idea what Lara is going for.. I always think about going online and looking for the story line but always forget. Back to the point, TR has got a lot of potential and i hope best is still to come. I will definitely look at the wallpapers, if you could post the link to it that will be helpful.
Thanks for the reply guys. appreciate it. im sorry i dont know how to quote or do all the fancy stuff that your posts have. :{ :P

Denis..
10th Apr 2011, 11:34
I hope it does, i have enjoyed every bit of time i have spent playing TR games. Amazing creation, thinking, creativity, i meant everything is just inch perfect. I am really looking forward to it. One thing i didn't like about anniversary is i found a lot of ways to evade the bosses or the predators. for monkeys u just climb to some high ground and that is it and so on. I would like to get something where evasion in impossible except for confrontation and killing. As a gamer i know ill look for ways to get past things like long confrontations, something that is natural for me. But over all i just love this game totally. I do wana see some structures, ruins and high climbs. One more thing that is worth pointing out is the background music of Underworld, Just phenomenal. Especially in Nepal, when we go and look for the plane wreckage, music is really enchanting. I would also like to see more of story line, cut scenes, interactions with people. Sorry for confusing anniversary as the latest game, i dont know why i thought it was the latest one but i am half way through the game and i have no idea what Lara is going for.. I always think about going online and looking for the story line but always forget. Back to the point, TR has got a lot of potential and i hope best is still to come. I will definitely look at the wallpapers, if you could post the link to it that will be helpful.
Thanks for the reply guys. appreciate it. im sorry i dont know how to quote or do all the fancy stuff that your posts have. :{ :P

u seem to have tr trilogy, am i right?

Andy64
10th Apr 2011, 12:44
One more thing that is worth pointing out is the background music of Underworld, Just phenomenal. Especially in Nepal, when we go and look for the plane wreckage, music is really enchanting. I would also like to see more of story line, cut scenes, interactions with people. Sorry for confusing anniversary as the latest game, i dont know why i thought it was the latest one but i am half way through the game and i have no idea what Lara is going for.. I always think about going online and looking for the story line but always forget. Back to the point, TR has got a lot of potential and i hope best is still to come. I will definitely look at the wallpapers, if you could post the link to it that will be helpful.

Nepal is from Legend but I agree that is one of my fav recent TR music tracks and levels. I think TRL had a great music track and bit sad Underworld's didn't match up. If you want to know the Anniversary storyline try searching youtube for the original tomb raider cutscenes (TR1). Same basic story but easier to follow. As for quoting just click the quote button instead of reply. You will be able to pick it up quite quickly.

Driber
10th Apr 2011, 14:33
Hi Ammar1990 and welcome to the forum :)

im sorry i dont know how to quote or do all the fancy stuff that your posts have. :{ :P

Don't worry about the "fancy stuff". It's actually safer to stick to the normal text formatting, as it is easier to read than those fancy fonts and colors :)

You also may want to use your ENTER key once in a while. Those huge blocks of text tend to put people off from reading a post.