PDA

View Full Version : angelina jolie vs megan fox

tomb1fan
6th Apr 2011, 22:34
Angelina Jolie is pissed at Megan Fox! It looks as if Megan Fox will play Angelina Jolie’s replacement in the third installment of Tomb Raider. Angelina was hoping to reprise the role, but the executive producers thought differently and instead opted for a younger Lara Croft.

The new movie is a prequel that focuses on Lara Croft’s younger years, however, the source says that “Angie isn’t a fan of the ‘Transformers’ films and believes Megan won’t do the Lara Croft character justice. She’s also annoyed because she thinks Megan copies everything from her, from her tattoos to her style,” according to The Sun.The prequel will focus on Croft when she was younger and as a result, it has been claimed that Miss Jolie, 34, will be replaced by Miss Fox, who is 11 years her junior.

But the Mr and Mrs Smith actress is said to be angry about the change, allegedly saying Miss Fox won't do the role of the militant archeologist justice.

The first two Tomb Raider movies made Jolie, who is married to Brad Pitt, a household name and made £262 million worldwide.

"Angie was intent on reprising her role," a source told The Sun. "She feels it's something she helped define and feels robbed that it looks likely to be handed to someone who she considers less capable than her.

"Angie isn't a fan of the Transformers films and believes Megan won't do the Lara Croft character justice. She's also annoyed because she thinks Megan copies everything from her, from her tattoos to her style." But the new movie's executive producer, Dan Lin, confirmed that they were seeking a younger actress to play Croft.

"It's a great origin story that we're going to tell, a very character oriented," he told US film website about.com. "I would say, more realistic than the past Lara Croft movies.

"It's not full-on action, I would say it's like Terminator, it's character-driven action. It is an origin story so it is a younger Lara Croft."

Jolie's father Jon Voight, who has been estranged from his daughter for some six years, said he thought Miss Fox was a good choice, and suggested she take a leaf out of Miss Jolie's charitable book.

"They're both very beautiful and they're both kind of sexy girls," he told The Sun.

"Maybe Megan will start doing the things that Angie is so well known for. Angie is known for helping with kids and for her concern for others. I think that would be wonderful for all of the kids if Megan were to do the same."

Jolie is now allegedly planning to use her industry experience to launch a counter-attack with a new all-action project that may distract from the new Tomb Raider movie.

"Angelina is collaborating on a concept with a new sexy female action character which will absolutely blow Megan out of the water," a source said.
Millions of Tomb Raider fans saw their fantasy of Lara Croft come to life when Angelina Jolie first played the live action version of the sexy adventuress. Could super sultry

Transformers star Megan Fox be next to slip on those short shorts?

Terminator Salvation executive producer Dan Lin floated that idea to about.com during an interview at the film’s premiere, saying he’s going to keep the Lara Croft franchise going with an "origin story." If so, he’d need a younger version of Lara, causing speculation that Megan, a beauty in the vein of Angelina, would be a prime candidate for the character.

AdobeArtist
6th Apr 2011, 22:48
This is really REALLY old news. It was also over a year ago that the rumor of Megan being Lara was just that - rumor long since proven false.

Fact is, we don't know who will take up the mantle in the origins story reboot. Though the top runners of late have been Olivia Wilde, Summer Glau, and Gemma Arterton, with plenty of sites offering their own prospective candidates.

As it stands, it's anybody's game.

tomb1fan
6th Apr 2011, 23:11
This is really REALLY old news. It was also over a year ago that the rumor of Megan being Lara was just that - rumor long since proven false.

Fact is, we don't know who will take up the mantle in the origins story reboot. Though the top runners of late have been Olivia Wilde, Summer Glau, and Gemma Arterton, with plenty of sites offering their own prospective candidates.

As it stands, it's anybody's game.

oh i didnt know it was false

tomb1fan
6th Apr 2011, 23:12
thanks 4 letting me know

xXTombRaiderXx
7th Apr 2011, 11:08
that is the old lara croft news :( the new news has been out since last month in march !!

Driber
8th Apr 2011, 06:24
This news is not false. The Sun is an reputable newspaper and wouldn't print anything without doing thorough source checking :whistle:

AdobeArtist
8th Apr 2011, 11:35
This news is not false. The Sun is an reputable newspaper and wouldn't print anything without doing thorough source checking :whistle:

The part about Angelina being pissed off at Megan might be true, but most certainly not the bit about Megan being optioned for the role.

And thank Thor for that!! :lol::lol::lol:

Greenas
22nd Apr 2011, 18:51
The part about Angelina being pissed off at Megan might be true, but most certainly not the bit about Megan being optioned for the role.

And thank Thor for that!! :lol::lol::lol:

I think that stupid Megan Fox would just help to increase how the public generalise Lara as a sex symbol, which i find terrible.

Maybe it's best the leave a Tomb Raider Movie alone (unless it is serious and they don't portray the actress as a skimpy woman running through the snow in hotpants).

A mature movie that would help change the public views on what kind of a franchise Tomb Raider has the potential to be would be appreciated though.

WinterSoldierLTE
23rd Apr 2011, 13:18
I'm gonna stick w/ saying they should just do it CG style like "Resident Evil: Degeneration". And personaly, I think Eidos should finance and release it themselves just like Capcom did w/ "RE:d". That way the integrity of the character/property is in the best hands possible, plus they'd get a bit of a profit. And after they've had a bit of success w/ that, they could look at the $ they made off of it and go: "You know, there's a market for this kind of thing. Hmm..." and next thing you know, we've got a CG "Legacy of Kain" flick :D

Ants_27_
23rd Apr 2011, 15:10
Regardless of film. Although I feel reluctant to call Tomb Raider, Resident Evil films... or any film done just to pocket a few extra pennies a film.

But I can't stand Megan Fox, although I always remember Angelina, not from Tomb Raider, oh no from "The Bone Collector" back in 1999 (Think it was '99).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4z4Xsp-bos&feature=related

But in terms of acting I think Angelina is better as I watched "The Changeling" the other week... it's directed by Clint Eastwood, it's illegal to not a watch film that has some part of Clint in it.;). Now I actually thought she did it really well, made a change from her running about. :lol: