PDA

View Full Version : WHo would support a TR 2, 3, LR, Chronicles reboot in the Anniversery vain ?

grsp1
2nd Apr 2011, 16:19
Thread title says it all ..psone graphics arent even legible on my tv, and as a tr fan id love a reboot of all the earlier games in the same vain as the first reboot. . . theres a huge market for it Im sure ...or shove Anniversery, and the 2 and 3 reboots together and then last rev, chronicles and AOD togther as well ...or something to that effect. I cant speak for others, but you got a sale here. lol .....

dark7angel
2nd Apr 2011, 16:49
While I would love to see the Classics with next gen graphics, I do believe CD should focus on the future of the franchise and not in the past.

Besides, the Classics are still quite enjoyable even with the outdated graphics! I recently replayed a few levels of TRIII and it was great!

BadAzzCroft
2nd Apr 2011, 17:29
i'd like to see a reboot of the game. I agree it's nice to have a new story line but I would love to play the classics again with the new gaming systems. I mean my ps1 and ps2 are both broken and with the new consoles out I don't think i'm going to buy old platforms to play those. it's just sitting there in a pile. so i do miss playing the other games and it would be very enjoyable to play the games that made Lara Croft known. =D

Ants_27_
2nd Apr 2011, 18:28
I think, for me at least I struggle to part money with games I've already played... I don't think I even bought Anniversary as I nicked it of my mate once... I think. Although I bought it when I found it for about £7.

Anyway, for me I think I wouldn't bother going back to TR if all CD ever decide to do is re-make the games I've already played, if that makes sense? It might sound somewhat harsh but I prefer things to alter and evolve as they go along.:)

larafan25
2nd Apr 2011, 18:38
No remakes.

Yet.

Let Tomb Raider get back on course first.

Natla
2nd Apr 2011, 19:19
I didn't really feel that Anniversary was a remake of TR1. More like a messed about with watered down version that was effectively a different game. So no.

WinterSoldierLTE
2nd Apr 2011, 19:56
I'm up for them remaking a couple of the older ones (TR2&LR are the ones I'd like to see redone most. Look how gorgeous Egypt looked in 'Anniversary'. Tell me 'LR' wouldn't be a wet dream come true, visually.) so long as they also kept making new adventures. If ALL they did was remakes, what'd be the point? Say one year, you get a brand new TR game, year after that you get a remake of TR2, year after that a new game, year after that TR3 remake, etc. That'd be my prefered way of it being done.

aragorn2
2nd Apr 2011, 22:50
We have to "see" the past, to make a better future. I think the first Tomb Raiders did the best they could in their time. In our time we need something differnet and i hope CD can achieve this without any ferther remakes.

At the other hand it would be probably a nice idea, but i prefer to remember the games as they were. A remake could easily destroy them in our minds and hearts. I loved Lara with this "broken" gameplay the "three step jump" and the triangular boobs :P

I really don't want remakes of those great games. If CD make them, it will means they give up on making something new and they stick in the past for some more money.

larafan25
2nd Apr 2011, 23:47
I didn't really feel that Anniversary was a remake of TR1. More like a messed about with watered down version that was effectively a different game. So no.

I believe it was referred to as a re-imagining.

Error96_
3rd Apr 2011, 00:32
I will have to agree with Natla. The changes they made to the story in TRA wern't great. Most levels had significant chunks missed out and the music wasn't as good. Graphically though it was stunning.

The originals TR games are some of the best games ever made and I worry if CD would do them justice. However I would love to see venice and the Dora in full modern day graphics. All the locations in TR2 are so bold that a remake where they get very close to the original may be truely incredible. Any Core game remake though must use a traditional style Lara model or all my interest in it would be dead straight off.

I think they should remake just TR2 in a couple of years when things are more stabilised and no more remakes after that though.

KasigiYabuSama
3rd Apr 2011, 04:25
I'd be happy with anything that did justice to the originals, but yeah, I'd much rather that CD create new adventures. But most importantly, they should return as closely as possible to the original games' control/camera scheme (with whatever new moves, weapons, tools and vehicles incorporated as well,) and that they always recapture that great sense of meditative isolation - punctuated by mayhem - that the first games had. The only thing that's really seriously annoyed me in the last few games is when the controls became screwy to borderline unusable, and the camera was given a mind of its own.

And I really miss when the animals would prance around in an exceedingly-goofy manner whenever they became aware of Lara's presence. Subtle comic relief is always a good thing. :nut:

_Love2Raid_
3rd Apr 2011, 22:58
I'd love HD versions of all the classics, including AOD (maybe they could fix some bugs :o). Heck, I would even do a happy dance for those games in their original state if they came to XBOX Live. :)

I don't think remakes like Anniversary are needed, I would prefer a game like GOL instead.

LC is Me
4th Apr 2011, 01:53
The only way I would stand for them remaking Last Revelation is if the only thing they changed were the graphics. :l

Other than that...LEAVE IT ALONE. I love that game with such a disgusting passion it makes no real world sense

||OTL

Natla
4th Apr 2011, 06:19
I believe it was referred to as a re-imagining.

What's a re-imaging? Sounds like PR bull to me.

Ants_27_
4th Apr 2011, 06:55
What's a re-imaging? Sounds like PR bull to me.

I guess it'd be like that Golden-eye game for wii. Instead of Pierce Brosnan it's Daniel Craig. Although...:scratch:

RosePetals
5th Apr 2011, 03:25
I think one re-make is enough. Sure, we all agree that the classics (specificaly TR2 and TRAOD, in my opinion) would look stunning with next gen graphics, but there's no need to dwell on the past. One "re-imagining" should be okay. After all, they did give Anniversary more than enough justice. :)

I especially wanna remember the old Lara as she was: Low-poly body, cone-bra boobs, and perpetually fisted hands were sheer epicness. ;)

Pietras
8th Apr 2011, 03:10
Remaking TR1 was great but that's enough. Let's focus on TReboot and its sequels.

Denis..
8th Apr 2011, 11:32
guys the only reason they remake tr was the 10 years anniversary..
i don't think that they will remake the other classics and they better don't and put their asses to work on the new tr and cut the crup like the tr trilogy!

not that it wasn't great for us ps3 gamers to have the best versions of legend and anniversary but it's enough already and work on the new tr cd!

xXTombRaiderXx
27th Apr 2011, 20:07
i would love to see them remade , but for now we got the new Tomb Raider game to concentrate on !

Elliot Kane
5th May 2011, 13:09

This is my opinion, too.

I felt that the re-workers were trying too hard and lost a lot of what made the original game so good in the process. Not to mention the bugs...

The Centaur fight alone was enough to make a grown man scream in frustration (Or swear a lot, in point of fact! :D) and not because it was good, but rather because it was utterly ridiculous.

I've finished the original TR multiple times and several of the other older games multiple times, too. ReMAKES with modern graphics would be great. Those were awesome games. ReINVENTIONS, as with anniversary, no.

Flintmelody
6th May 2011, 02:36
ReMAKES with modern graphics would be great. Those were awesome games. ReINVENTIONS, as with anniversary, no.

I agree on that. Best one would be TR2 to remake. The others less so and chronicles remake isn't a good idea.

Elliot Kane
6th May 2011, 21:45
I agree on that. Best one would be TR2 to remake. The others less so and chronicles remake isn't a good idea.

The one I'd love to see most is Last Revelation, honestly. TR2 I must have played into extinction (I consider it a very under-rated game, and one of the best in series), but for me Last Revelation is probably the most atmospheric and absorbing of the earlier games.

Chronicles... Well, the only reason I could see to remake that would be to give players a menu with each mission listed separately. Chronicles is definitely a very mixed bag, with some of the short stories (If you'll pardon the use of the term) being rather good and others not so much.

nicrallred
19th May 2011, 15:50
I would for sure support a remake of the others with the underworld engine and graphics but like others have said as great as that would be they should probably be looking to the future of the franchise.

monwolf
20th May 2011, 07:37
I'm only up for it if it's stictly to update to the new systems. Maybe someone will start a company that stictly focuses on updating all the great classics. I know a lot of people say they wouldn't pay to play the same over again, but think of the all the new tomb raider fans that have come along after ps2 and as time goes on even more fans. I guess what I'm trying to say is that as more time passes they will be more people who haven't played TR1-5 and for those games and stories to just be lost in time would be sad, imo.

Gemma_Darkmoon_
30th May 2011, 04:12
I can imaging it being great for newer TR gamers to update the series. I just don't think CD can spare the time and effort when they have such crucial new TR games to make.

PS3 Deb H
30th May 2011, 22:22
I would greatly and gratefully support a TR 2, 3, LR, Chronicles reboot!

There seems to be two Tomb Raider general discussion forum on Eidos, and it would seem that discussions get duplicated or overlap sometimes. Not sure why 2 forums with the same title, myself being fairly new here.

I re-quote some of what I wrote in the other TR general discussion forum, a thread called "Please imagine and consider this Tomb Raider ideal" created by member Julianna91. It asks essentially the same question:

In an email I received recently, someone very involved in the Tomb Raider series suggested an ideal, although that person didn't seem to think it was in the cards. Nonetheless, I found the idea intriguing: Crystal Dynamics could have two teams of developers. One that would focus on Lara's reboot, another would focus on the older games of the TR franchise.

Right now, all I can do if I want to, say, replay TR3, is plug my old PS1 (hoping it still works) on an old TV (which I don't have), because playing the original TR3 on an HDTV is impossible. I went as far as buy a PSP just for being able to play old PS1 games they sell in the PS store (not just of the TR franchise). Crazy huh? But I soon discovered the experience is just not the same on such a small screen. The 'massive' factor in the TR games is only truly experienced on larger screens.

Surely, with all the profits game companies like CD make, two teams of developers would be a possibility. [ADDENDUM: This last statement, although re-quoted here for originality's sake, was presumptuous on my part. Sorry!]

... it would also satisfy the great many hundreds of thousands of gamers (like me) who feel the 'strong thug' at replaying vintage games remade on today's engines. And let's be honest: They did an excellent job with Anniversary!

These same players (myself included) will, however, love (hopefully, considering how drastic a reboot) to discover the new Lara all the same when the new Tomb Raider comes out.

Deb
PS, from now on, I'll focus my attention to this forum instead of the other to avoid duplicates. I hate having to repeat myself :)

VioletBlue
31st May 2011, 00:11
I don't think there should be a total reboot of the earlier Tomb Raider games in the Anniversary vein but what I think would be awesome is to have all games up to Last Revelation to play in their original forms (if technologically possible) either as a whole release or as unlockable content in future games?

WinterSoldierLTE
31st May 2011, 00:15
[QUOTE=PS3 Deb H;1617463] There seems to be two Tomb Raider general discussion forum on Eidos, and it would seem that discussions get duplicated or overlap sometimes.[QUOTE]

Yeah if I remember right, Keir (the now former :( mod who statred this section of threads) couldn't figure out what to call it, since the new game is called simply "Tomb Raider", so he stuck the little TM at the end to try and distinguish it. I was around when this sub-division (or whatever you call it) of the forrums got up and going, and it was confussing for me as well. So yeah, can only imagine how it is for newer people. Does seem as tho some think it is for all around TR talk, not just the new TR talk.

CaddieShepherd
31st May 2011, 07:38
I do. I believe it would be perfect. and to use those reboot stories to inspire a new story just like Anniversary yielded Underworld and Legend (even though it came before it).

PS3 Deb H
3rd Jun 2011, 14:14
...I think would be awesome is to have all games up to Last Revelation to play in their original forms (if technologically possible) either as a whole release or as unlockable content in future games?

Hi VioletBlue,

Yes, it would be awesome! I'm now playing the Tomb Raider Trilogy. They were able to cram 3 very large games on one blu-ray! So, your idea to have these games as unlockables in future games is fantastic... and most definitely technologically possible! Thanks for proposing this :)

By the way, I see this is your first post on this forum, so...
A big WELCOME to you :flowers:

Deb

Dogfight
3rd Jun 2011, 16:40
Tomb Raider Anniversary is an awesome remake of the original video game. It is several levels better than the original. I wouldn't mind a remake of Tomb Raider 2 and Tomb Raider 3 by Crystal Dynamics.

Cheeky_Charlie
6th Jun 2011, 08:48
No remakes...I dont think the right way should be looking to the past. CD should concentrate on making the future games EPIC.

IvanaKC
7th Jun 2011, 19:05
I was against any kind of reboots, but now it's official: CD and Square Enix should reboot everything they can! New Tomb Riader is going the wrong way, VERY wrong way and they should remind themselves what is the spirit of Tomb Raider (Eidos shouldn't have become part of SE).

PS3 Deb H
8th Jun 2011, 04:00
I was against any kind of reboots, but now it's official: CD and Square Enix should reboot everything they can! New Tomb Raider is going the wrong way, VERY wrong way and they should remind themselves what is the spirit of Tomb Raider (Eidos shouldn't have become part of SE).

I saw the trailer of the new "Tomb Raider" :hmm:

While I was very impressed at the graphics and the near-realism, I couldn't help but feel that this game (although it looks like it will an awesome game) is not a Tomb Raider game and that the young woman in that game has nothing to do with Lara Croft!!! I did not recognize any of the 'spirit' of Tomb Raider. By the way Ivana KC, 'spirit' is a very good choice of word in your comment!

In fact, at this point, I wonder about a few things:

Supposed that SE and CD were to release their new game while at the same time, release an enhanced remake of one of the old Tomb Raider, say, TR2. Assuming they use the same engine and ingenuity on both games, which one would sell the most out there in the real world?

Also, I strongly feel (and it seems you do also) that Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics are really going out on a limb with such a drastic departure from the old TR franchise. Are they putting all their eggs in one basket?

Finally, I wonder if SE and CD should consider changing the name of the new game (perhaps calling it A Survivor Is Born, and dropping the Tomb Raider part) along with the name of the principal character because even after seeing this fantastic and compelling trailer, it made me miss Lara and the Tomb Raider spirit even more!

CD should concentrate on making the future games EPIC.

Oh, I'm sure this new game, whatever it is, will be very epic. But for the life of me, I can't see it as an epic Tomb Raider game as it were!

Deb

QiX
8th Jun 2011, 04:30
Supposed that SE and CD were to release their new game while at the same time, release an enhanced remake of one of the old Tomb Raider, say, TR2. Assuming they use the same engine and ingenuity on both games, which one would sell the most out there in the real world?

I'd rather see them taking chances to make something new than see them milking the franchise to exhaustion by simply stepping on Core's footprints. After they remade all the games from TR2 to AoD they would be forced to have ideas of their own anyway or close the series. This reboot was the best thing one could do to Tomb Raider at this point. If they kept it in a drawer waiting a few more years while they released a couple more remakes I'd definitely give up buying anything related to Tomb Raider ever again.

PS3 Deb H
8th Jun 2011, 05:31
I'd rather see them taking chances to make something new than see them milking the franchise to exhaustion by simply stepping on Core's footprints. After they remade all the games from TR2 to AoD they would be forced to have ideas of their own anyway or close the series. This reboot was the best thing one could do to Tomb Raider at this point. If they kept it in a drawer waiting a few more years while they released a couple more remakes I'd definitely give up buying anything related to Tomb Raider ever again.

Hi QiX,

Nothing wrong with taking chances. I'll even conjecture that change is good. Not many people will challenge a conjecture like that :)

What I'm advocating for here is for having the best of both world: A new game, and some remakes of the old franchise. (Two teams at Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics working on the old and the new).

This reboot in the making seem such a drastic departure from the very spirit - an eloquent word proposed by member Ivana KC - of the franchise that I don't recognize Tomb Raider or Lara in it. That is what worries me, not the change in itself. I'm all for something new, just like you. My only hope is that they will remember that Lara Croft is a Tomb Raider, an adventurer, not a survivor per se.

In any case, if the franchise takes this totally new direction - and we have indications that this may be the case - it may not be a bad idea to have some remakes. These would give people who loved Tomb Raider and Lara Croft and remained loyal to the franchise (for 15 years!) time to adapt. The new Lara and the new concepts around her may turn out to be quite interesting. It may even surprise us all in a very best of ways. Only time will tell.

For now, of what I've seen and read so far about the new game, I am worried though.

Deb

QiX
8th Jun 2011, 06:12
Hi QiX,

Nothing wrong with taking chances. I'll even conjecture that change is good. Not many people will challenge a conjecture like that :)

What I'm advocating for here is for having the best of both world: A new game, and some remakes of the old franchise. (Two teams at Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics working on the old and the new).

This reboot in the making seem such a drastic departure from the very spirit - an eloquent word proposed by member Ivana KC - of the franchise that I don't recognize Tomb Raider or Lara in it. That is what worries me, not the change in itself. I'm all for something new, just like you. My only hope is that they will remember that Lara Croft is a Tomb Raider, an adventurer, not a survivor per se.

In any case, if the franchise takes this totally new direction - and we have indications that this may be the case - it may not be a bad idea to have some remakes. These would give people who loved Tomb Raider and Lara Croft and remained loyal to the franchise (for 15 years!) time to adapt. The new Lara and the new concepts around her may turn out to be quite interesting. It may even surprise us all in a very best of ways. Only time will tell.

For now, of what I've seen and read so far about the new game, I am worried though.

Deb

I understand why so many fans got worried about that 'forget everything you knew about...'. We all love the series, we don't want to loose everything we knew about Lara. But as I see this reboot it's about a new beginning to the same character: She got younger, her biography changed, but she will eventually become the same adventurer, with the same personality traits we all love. A fresh new Lara, with new adventures to come, with a revamped gameplay, but still the same Lara in essence. "You, with the flaws removed."

Writing new stories for a long living character must be complicated at one point. Sometimes too much background is a burden. I see the reboot as cleaning the house to allow the fresh air in.

PS3 Deb H
8th Jun 2011, 06:52
...But as I see this reboot it's about a new beginning to the same character: She got younger, her biography changed, but she will eventually become the same adventurer, with the same personality traits we all love. A fresh new Lara, with new adventures to come, with a revamped gameplay, but still the same Lara in essence. "You, with the flaws removed."

Writing new stories for a long living character must be complicated at one point. Sometimes too much background is a burden. I see the reboot as cleaning the house to allow the fresh air in.

Hi again

I really liked reading you just now. You offered a fresh perspective and I must admit, a very encouraging one at that! You even made me laugh with the Doppleganger quote! :D I just saw the E3 2011 gameplay demo. Driber made it available for download in the Official Tomb Raider Media Thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=115169). (If you haven't already seen it, I strongly encourage you to do so).

The presenters in the demo said something in line with what you wrote. While the demo itself was short, I glimpsed a little bit of Lara somewhere in there! In any case, that young lady is very determined and quite athletic!

Also true that long lasting characters (15 years!) might get complicated.

You gave me hope! I really appreciate that!

Thanks QiX :)

Deb

Elliot Kane
8th Jun 2011, 09:04
PS3 Deb H,

I wouldn't worry about the direction the TR games are going in, honestly. You can bet that CD will be watching sales and fan reaction once this new title hits the shelves with the firm unblinking gaze of a hunting hawk. If sales are huge and everyone loves 'New Lara', all is well, but if we don't the next game in series will tweak her in a good direction.

The Tomb Raider series has survived some not so good entries before, and even one downright terrible entry (AOD, obviously). It'll survive again.

I think CD are right to try a new approach for Lara, as there is no doubt that a new TR game has gone from being seen as an event amongst gamers to being something of a minority interest. Given that Lara is one of the best known characters in gaming, this is not an ideal state of affairs.

My only actual concerns about the new game at this point are whether the PC version will keep the excellent swimming controls from Underworld (Be very disappointing if they don't) and whether Square will insist on abusive DRM (Which puts ANY game into the 'do not touch' category, for me). On both counts, given CD's record to date, I am hopeful.

QiX
8th Jun 2011, 11:26
Hi again

I really liked reading you just now. You offered a fresh perspective and I must admit, a very encouraging one at that! You even made me laugh with the Doppleganger quote! :D I just saw the E3 2011 gameplay demo. Driber made it available for download in the Official Tomb Raider Media Thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=115169). (If you haven't already seen it, I strongly encourage you to do so).

The presenters in the demo said something in line with what you wrote. While the demo itself was short, I glimpsed a little bit of Lara somewhere in there! In any case, that young lady is very determined and quite athletic!

Also true that long lasting characters (15 years!) might get complicated.

You gave me hope! I really appreciate that!

Thanks QiX :)

Deb

You're welcome, Deb. Yes, I saw the video and downloaded it in HQ. Impressive, huh? Even more considering it's so early in development yet, I wonder how it will look like by the time of the release. Those guys at CD are trully putting an effort to make this game something amazing, they have all my trust now.

I'm glad to read your post. It's good to know I helped you to see it with a fresh look.

:friends: e-hugs from 22°0'10"S 47°52'38"W,

QiX

IvanaKC
8th Jun 2011, 14:36
I saw the trailer of the new "Tomb Raider" :hmm:

While I was very impressed at the graphics and the near-realism, I couldn't help but feel that this game (although it looks like it will an awesome game) is not a Tomb Raider game and that the young woman in that game has nothing to do with Lara Croft!!! I did not recognize any of the 'spirit' of Tomb Raider. By the way Ivana KC, 'spirit' is a very good choice of word in your comment!

In fact, at this point, I wonder about a few things:

Also, I strongly feel (and it seems you do also) that Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics are really going out on a limb with such a drastic departure from the old TR franchise. Are they putting all their eggs in one basket?

Finally, I wonder if SE and CD should consider changing the name of the new game (perhaps calling it A Survivor Is Born, and dropping the Tomb Raider part) along with the name of the principal character because even after seeing this fantastic and compelling trailer, it made me miss Lara and the Tomb Raider spirit even more!

Oh, I'm sure this new game, whatever it is, will be very epic. But for the life of me, I can't see it as an epic Tomb Raider game as it were!

Yup, that's it, my thoughts exactly! This might be a good game, but not Tomb Raider game. They should keep it but rename it and gime us back our old Lara and her tombs.

PS3 Deb H,

I wouldn't worry about the direction the TR games are going in, honestly. You can bet that CD will be watching sales and fan reaction once this new title hits the shelves with the firm unblinking gaze of a hunting hawk. If sales are huge and everyone loves 'New Lara', all is well, but if we don't the next game in series will tweak her in a good direction.

The Tomb Raider series has survived some not so good entries before, and even one downright terrible entry (AOD, obviously). It'll survive again.

I think CD are right to try a new approach for Lara, as there is no doubt that a new TR game has gone from being seen as an event amongst gamers to being something of a minority interest. Given that Lara is one of the best known characters in gaming, this is not an ideal state of affairs.

Yes, maybe Tomb Raider survived AoD, but that won't happen again.
The thing is that there are too many great games and there is NO place for a bad Tomb Raider game. Trust me, if they don't do somthing right now, we can kiss our good old tomb raiding goodbye.

Elliot Kane
8th Jun 2011, 16:16
Ivana,

You may be right, but I think CD decided that Tomb Raider was at the point of change or die (And they are in a position to know!). I think that happens with a lot of franchises in many media, and something. somewhere has to give if the franchise is to rise once more to the heights.

Will it work? Well, no-one knows at this point. But I'm reading a lot of comments on game sites along the lines of 'I was never a TR fan, but this looks interesting'. That has to bode well.

IvanaKC
8th Jun 2011, 17:36
Ivana,

You may be right, but I think CD decided that Tomb Raider was at the point of change or die (And they are in a position to know!). I think that happens with a lot of franchises in many media, and something. somewhere has to give if the franchise is to rise once more to the heights.

Will it work? Well, no-one knows at this point. But I'm reading a lot of comments on game sites along the lines of 'I was never a TR fan, but this looks interesting'. That has to bode well.

I think I see your point. They want to keep old gamers, but they need to attract new ones. If that's true, they are on a good way because everyone's comments are positive...

Elliot Kane
8th Jun 2011, 18:12
I think I see your point. They want to keep old gamers, but they need to attract new ones. If that's true, they are on a good way because everyone's comments are positive...

Indeed. There's a huge buzz building at E3 and Tomb Raider is moving onto a lot of people's 'highly anticipated' lists, I think. That can't be bad for the future of the franchise.

WinterSoldierLTE
8th Jun 2011, 22:58
Alright, I can't resist, I've gotta add my two cents about the whole reboot/changing of Lara thing, and it's the last I'm gonna say about it (promise). Anyone here read comic books? Yes? No? EVERY superhero in comic books has had their origin or WHOLE character/mythology changed at some point, be it in a main series title or a one-shot book or limited series. Superman, Batman, Spider-Man (4 reboots for him I can think of right off the top of my head), ALL of the big ones. And they're still around. Yeah, some reboots of those particular heros worked better then others and pleased fans more, but at the end of the day those characters are still around. You can't keep a good character down. It's just not possible. You can throw 'em through a ringer and test the water of fan loyalty, yeah, but down for the count? Never.

Falkenwut
9th Jun 2011, 20:39
Since the new Tomb Raider is going to be set in Japan, it is a MUSTTTT that Tomb Raider 2 is for absolutely no reason, be involved and re-made IMMEDIATLY! I love that game, and will always cherish it as the best game in the Tomb Raider series (dramatizing.. I know...), but seriously.. would love to see All the Core games remade INCLUDING Angel of Darkness - It had a great concept IMHO, but still.. we'll wait... we'll wait...

aang001
9th Jun 2011, 22:19
While I would love to see the Classics with next gen graphics, I do believe CD should focus on the future of the franchise and not in the past.

That sums up my opinion. They have enough to focus on. We need the reboot to be perfect, then the next games that follows the reboot to be even better and start feeling like Uncharted. Each game gets better than the last. Once TR is on that level, then maybe they can afford to have a out sourced team focus on their old titles. They should not. CD needs to become top tier and I have a feeling this TR will do it. Underworld was an amazing game that lacked replay value. If they had made the same game with replay value and released that instead of the new TR they are working on, I would had been happy. This however, makes me extremely happy and makes me feel that being a fan was worth the wait for them to get it right.

Now I just need Sega to make a perfect Sonic game... Unleashed almost did it until someone added werehog mode as a goof and thought to put it on the disk. Will generations do it? I cant keep my hopes up due to Sega's ability to screw up everything with there mascot for 16+ years.

WinterSoldierLTE
9th Jun 2011, 22:59
@aang001 I've played Sonic since the first one came out, and I gotta tell ya, his last moment of glory was "Sonic & Knuckles" in my eyes. I honestly believe the only way Sega could make a good Sonic game is to take it back to the start. Side scrolling action (as in you only get a side view, not multiple camera angles), old school graphics (I'm dead serious about that), one memorable villian instead of multiple "Meh, I guess that's who I'm fighting" ones. That little hedgehogs recent outings have been a disappointment for me as well, and it's such a shame considering how big he used to be and how much of an impact he had on so many peoples' childhoods. Oh, and get rid of "Eggman". His name is Dr. Robotnik, NOT Eggman.