PDA

View Full Version : Eidos Montreal / DXHR - JAPAN RELIEF AID Thread - Gamers Heart & Signed Concept Art

Lady_Of_The_Vine
31st Mar 2011, 22:57
This deserves its own thread.
Many thanks to Eidos Montreal for their contribution to this worthwhile cause. :thumb:

From Twitter:

Buy signed Deus Ex: Human Revolution concept art and aid Japan. http://bit.ly/dXxQDc http://bit.ly/g9thPt Thanks http://www.healingpack.org/

Donated by: Eidos Montreal
Healing Pack: 100% of proceeds relating to this auction go to the disaster relief effort in Japan.

Support a great cause and get yourself these one of a kind Deus Ex items in the process.

1. Concept art of Deus Ex: Human Revolution's main character Adam Jensen signed by the dev team
2. Concept art of some of Deus Ex: Human Revolution's arm augmentation signed by the dev team
3. Another concept art of some of Deus Ex: Human Revolution's arm augmentation signed by the dev team

See other Play Japan and Healing Pack auctions for more ways to help this great cause!

http://www.healingpack.org/

Healing Pack Disaster Relief Auctions On eBay
Breakdown of Auctions by Developer

I knew I wanted a job in the video game industry after I played the original Super Mario Bros. Even at that young age, I knew that the game came from Japan. As I grew up, culture and entertainment from Japan continued to intersect with my life, so much so that I had a ninja wedding and went to Japan for my honeymoon.

When I saw the tragic disaster that’s hit Japan recently, I wanted to do something. I knew however that I didn’t have enough money alone to make the impact I wanted to. I decided to gather up all of my Harmonix swag that I had collected over my five years working there and sell it for charity. Then I thought that maybe other game companies might also want to help, so I started sending e-mails and contacting other developers. I have to say that the response I got was far more supportive than I ever expected.

Over twenty developers have joined this charity auction effort and they’ve shown an amazing generosity that has made me prouder than ever to be involved in this industry. A lot of the items in these auctions are rare or one of a kind gaming merchandise, that you can only get through this effort. Beyond just getting amazing gaming swag though, you’ll be helping a great cause. With all of these auctions, 100% of the proceeds go to the Disaster Relief Effort in Japan. If you have the ability to help, please do; you’ll be rewarded by more than just an amazing prize.

-Razlo
If you’re a game developer or publisher and would like to add an item to this effort, please contact: razlo@healingpack.org

____

^
Gorgeous!!
I've bid on the eBay auction but the price will probably go sky-high. Sad for me, but wonderful for the charity. Good luck, EM! :thumb:

Jonatchoo
Gamers Heart Japan promo on Gametrailers. we can see @GeneralVu and @DavidAnfossi in there! http://bit.ly/e4ZN6J
about 14 hours ago via TweetDeck

Gamers Heart Japan - 3rd April 2011
This 60-minute special is filled with veteran game industry journalists from all over the world as well as some of the top game makers on the planet who will be sharing their thoughts on the incredible work and talented creators from the Japanese video game development scene.

UPDATE: Video uploaded by Gamespot, regarding "Gamers Heart Japan"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVihDspGt6k

DONATE HERE:
http://www.gamersheartjapan.com/

Red Cross responds to massive earthquake in Japan.
The 9.0 magnitude earthquake and resulting tsunami that struck Japan on Friday March 11, 2011, has caused widespread destruction and suffering. Thousands of people are reported dead and many more are injured or missing. The earthquake has caused fires and severe damage to buildings, leaving millions of households without electricity. The Japanese Red Cross has been on the ground since the disaster began and has sent response teams to provide first aid and emergency healthcare, as well as distributing relief items.

Japanese Red Cross medical teams have been providing vital medical care to those hit by the disaster. The Japanese Red Cross Society is also offering counseling and emotional support to survivors who have lost their homes and traditional way of life. Funds raised will be used to support Red Cross emergency response efforts in Japan. This may include relief items (blankets, sleeping mats, and hygiene items), medical supplies and equipment and deploying emergency personnel. As the disaster shifts from the emergency to recovery phase assessments will be done to determine how the Red Cross can best support longer-term relief and recovery efforts in affected communities.

ArcR
31st Mar 2011, 23:25
Good on them. Their parent company donated 1.2 million. I don't trust the American Red Cross with money. Any alternatives?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
31st Mar 2011, 23:40
Any alternatives?

I think you can donate over the counter at most major banks.

Are you bidding on the eBay auction?

ArcR
31st Mar 2011, 23:45
I'm not bidding. I'm just going to donate directly. I'm just waiting to read some news saying organisation XXXX has accomplish XXXXX with the next step being XXXX. Everything I've read so far has been JSDF and local business.

EricaLeeV
1st Apr 2011, 00:24
That's very nice of them. :) Heres hoping they raise a good sum of money.

I also hope these images are in that artbook in the augmented edition. Look it's Prichard!

pha
1st Apr 2011, 02:26
Kudos to EM.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
1st Apr 2011, 13:42
At time of writing, there are 9 bids on the eBay auction for the signed concept art.
Current bid at: US $67.02

It will be interesting to see what the final bid makes. I hope it's HUGE as it's an amazing bit of kit. :cool:

pall
1st Apr 2011, 14:21
good luck :thumb:

Spyhopping
1st Apr 2011, 17:33
I just love those early concepts of Adam. He looks older, scruffier, lively.

Ashpolt
1st Apr 2011, 18:57
I just love those early concepts of Adam. He looks older, scruffier, lively.

Agreed. New Adam has grown on me to a degree, but old Adam felt "right" immediately for me. I don't know how far they got with modelling him, but it;d be cool if he was available as an unlockable skin!

ArcR
2nd Apr 2011, 03:05
Agreed. New Adam has grown on me to a degree, but old Adam felt "right" immediately for me. I don't know how far they got with modelling him, but it;d be cool if he was available as an unlockable skin!

An unlockable skin is a good idea considering the game's replay value. Didn't like the original Adam concept art though. Didn't look like he had much going between the ears. Looked like a pool shark or poker play.

I wonder how high the bidding will go. Most bids are placed in the last minute.

Spyhopping
2nd Apr 2011, 18:11
Didn't look like he had much going between the ears. Looked like a pool shark or poker play.

I didn't get that vibe. Looks to me like he's wiser, has experienced a lot of crap, doesn't spend quite so much time worrying about his appearance (as new Adam) and knows how to deal with himself. The new Adam looks a lot greener, but I don't feel a strong preference. It's just like he's lost 10 years.

Wonderful character design in this game. So many game characters are dull and suffer a merge into that stock, square jawed, masculine and boringly attractive Caucasian male face.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Apr 2011, 20:57
As of time of writing, the eBay auction has 4 days 23 hours left to run. It ends on April 08, 2011 @12:57:51 PDT
Bid history: 10 bids
Current bid: US $75.00

EDIT: It's getting higher, currently at US $152.50

No way can I afford to bid any higher than that. :(
But I am very happy for the charity... and I hope the final bid hits the roof! :D

Video uploaded by Gamespot, regarding "Gamers Heart Japan"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVihDspGt6k

EricaLeeV
4th Apr 2011, 09:42
$152? Aww, I am out of the game. I would love to get that character set but I bet it will skyrocket before the end. :( Sorry Prichard.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
4th Apr 2011, 20:31
^
You win some, you lose some. :(
But I would still be chuffed for the charity if we see a handsome figure as the final bid.

Latest EM tweet:

# Did you miss the Gamers <3 Japan broadcast from this weekend? Watch it here http://www.gamersheartjapan.com/ and play "spot the DX:HR team."
about 3 hours ago via TweetDeck

Donvermicelli
7th Apr 2011, 14:42
Great cause this is, Capcom did something similar by selling copies of Streetfighter IV on iphone at a discount price. 100% of profit went to charity.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
7th Apr 2011, 16:13
Only one day remaining for the two auctions.
Current bids at $152.50 and $102.50, respectively.

Rindill the Red
7th Apr 2011, 19:59
Only one day remaining for the two auctions.
Current bids at $152.50 and $102.50, respectively.

What if the entire forum chipped in together, framed the concept art, and and sent it back to Eidos Montreal as a gift?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
7th Apr 2011, 23:04
What if the entire forum chipped in together, framed the concept art, and and sent it to myimmortal as a gift?

You're too sweet, thank you so much. :flowers:

:naughty:

Rindill the Red
8th Apr 2011, 02:39
You're too sweet, thank you so much. :flowers:

:naughty:

You've sent me 5 warnings so far, I was beginning to feel picked on, but then I realized that I simply have no sense for authority or appropriateness.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
8th Apr 2011, 14:17
Only 5 hours left to go guys, current bids remain the same since I last updated.

EDIT: Auctions have ended at $152.50 and $122.50
Not as much as I had hoped for the charity, but certainly worth every cent.