PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7-HELP!!!

Drackulis
27th Mar 2011, 12:27
OK, so I had Vista, everything worked fine with Thief 3, and then I got 7 for Vista-hate reasons, and tried installing Thief on it and- I start the game, Ok, tutorial works, then ending-boom freeze and no progress. Can anyone help with this issue I've looked on loads of sites for solutions, and none helped. Do I need a new driver or something?
Thanks

TafferTim
27th Mar 2011, 13:23
I have TDS working fine on my HP laptop running Windows 7. The only things I did special was right click the shortcut and set it to 1) run as administrator, and 2) to use Windows XP SP2 compatibility (which I also did when I ran it on Vista a few years ago). When I double-click the shortcut, it will start to load, the cursor changes to its "working" state, and then it stops (who knows why), so after a few seconds I have to double-click the shortcut a second time, and then the old-fashioned CD cursor appears, I can hear the CD drive spin up, and the game starts and runs fine thereafter, cut scenes and all.

You do have to have Disc 1 in the drive to play the game. Also, there is some lag time when the game loads, so make sure you wait long enough.

I'm not sure what you mean by "ending boom".

If this doesn't help, try making sure you have the proper Windows 7 video drivers for your hardware instead of the one Windows 7 installed. Good luck.

Drackulis
27th Mar 2011, 13:47
Hmmmm... When the boom happens the game freezes and apparently stops working. Gonna try again.

Drackulis
27th Mar 2011, 13:51
Ok tried again but still nothing. :(