PDA

View Full Version : SPONG.COM - DXHR is getting a tonne of attention from an army of Warren Spector fans

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Mar 2011, 01:06
Previews// Deus Ex: Human Revolution
by Svend Joscelyne

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is getting a tonne of attention from an army of Warren Spector fans, and it’s easy to see why. It’s been too long since we’ve had anything resembling cyberpunk in games, and the game’s dirty, industrial, orange-tinted world feels incredibly fresh as a result.

More importantly for fans is the fact that this game is being developed without Spector’s involvement, raising questions as to whether Eidos Montreal will be able to maintain the essence of the Deus Ex series and not bugger it all up. I had a traipse through the first few hours of Adam Jensen’s adventure, and can say that things are looking good on that front....

Read on (two page article)...

ALERT: SPOILER INSIDE
http://spong.com/feature/10110357/Preview-Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution

foxh0und
26th Mar 2011, 01:20
Cheers for link but its nothing new besides its only one level "Hopefully later parts of the game will show off a greater level of choice in the mission gameplay too" and he played console version "The triggers are used to take cover around almost any surface, with the left analogue stick allowing you to pop your head over for a bit of cheeky gunfire." So we have only hope that DX:HR will turn out to be worthy prequel one thing bothers me he mentioned Warren Spector fans but he didn't say a word about those annoying highlights :scratch: and as we can see it bothers almost every DX 1 fan

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Mar 2011, 01:34
...and as we can see it bothers almost every DX 1 fan

Yeah, every DX fan that hasn't actually played it, it seems. :D
Still... we already have two threads about the highlighting; so let's not go there! :eek:

sonicsidewinder
26th Mar 2011, 01:59
Imagine an army led by Warren Spector...

ArcR
26th Mar 2011, 03:06
Previews// Deus Ex: Human Revolution
by Svend Joscelyne

Read on (two page article)...

http://spong.com/feature/10110357/Preview-Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution

You need to stick a spoiler alert in your post. That &%(# basicly gives you a first level playthrough and tells you how to WIN the social fight with the target at the end. :mad2:

Wish i never read it

TrickyVein
26th Mar 2011, 04:13
For all its warts, the real issue remains with this game whether everything works together. It may be that a gameplay mechanic taken in isolation like highlighting, regenerating health, and 3rd person takedowns seems bone-headed, but I can forgive that if the experience of playing the game is there. Is it fun?

It seems that at this stage, as a weakling, your only real option is to just make sure you don’t get seen. Which can be frustrating if you want to be a bit pro, but realistic in the sense that you’re not going to be Superman from the very start of the game.

After reading this article (and lots others like it as of late), particularly this bit, it seems the game has much to offer in this department. Every reviewer whose blurb I've read has agreed that the game is challenging. You can't code "challenging" or "add more fun" into the game despite what JJB says. :) If people have played the title and these are their impressions, that there's something more to be achieved for your character and the story, that it is challenging, that there is a depth to the gameplay, than that tells me that EM is doing something right. X number of factors are working together to create an overall positive gaming experience. And that's all you can really hope to expect, no?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Mar 2011, 10:20
You need to stick a spoiler alert in your post. That &%(# basicly gives you a first level playthrough and tells you how to WIN the social fight with the target at the end. :mad2:

Wish i never read it

Apologies, I thought I'd already seen that info elsewhere. :nut:
Added spoiler alert to first post.