18th Mar 2011, 18:48
Otherwise the game is too easy

How many people agree

Dead-Eye
18th Mar 2011, 18:51
Sounds kinda Halo.

Neuromancer07
18th Mar 2011, 19:36
But according to the last round of previews, the game is unusually hard for a recent 'AAA'-title even on normal.

And the journalists had yet to encounter cloaking or augmented enemies, let alone the BOX-Guard.

I'm pretty confident that unless Eidos-Montreal really bowdlerise the game during polishing, it'll be quite challenging (to the degree where I believe my first run will be normal difficulty rather than the glorious promise of Deus Ex difficulty).

luminar
18th Mar 2011, 20:03
Is it really going to be that hard? Because I dislike overly hard games especially when the enemy's can take 5 shot's to the head.

VectorM
18th Mar 2011, 21:15
You've played the game? Sweet! Is there a level, that you can describe as the new VersaLife?

Ghostface
18th Mar 2011, 21:16
Walton Simmons was a joke
All the bosses were a joke in DX1 epically him
he's supposed to be the most advanced augmented supersoilder in the game
Yet he was downed in a couple hits?

Not only that, none of the augmentations he was supposed to have actually worked

AlexOfSpades
18th Mar 2011, 21:30
Cyborgs in the game should explode when dead.

Irate_Iguana
18th Mar 2011, 21:34
Is it really going to be that hard? Because I dislike overly hard games especially when the enemy's can take 5 shot's to the head.

From the looks of it both NPC's and the low-level player are going to be extremely fragile. In the released demo you can hear Adam getting shot. From the sound of it he gets hit twice and loses half his life. Enemies go down with a single burst and it has been confirmed that a single headshot will kill an NPC. Seems that violence is deadly in the world of HR.

Blackbird SR-71C
18th Mar 2011, 21:40
Walton Simmons was a joke
All the bosses were a joke in DX1 epically him
he's supposed to be the most advanced augmented supersoilder in the game
Yet he was downed in a couple hits?

Not only that, none of the augmentations he was supposed to have actually worked

I agree, I was disappointed with Simmons as well. The only augmentation he used was cloak, and that didn't even render him invisible, only slightly transparent. His greatest strength was (crack) to blind the player continuosely.

Ashpolt
18th Mar 2011, 21:48
Enemies with regenerating health, or even the means to regain health through environmental means, annoy me. Is it realistic within the game's fiction? Yes, because Adam has the same thing. Does that make it fun? Hell no. If I chip part of an enemy's health off, I want it to stay off.

nomotog
18th Mar 2011, 22:04
Enemies with regenerating health, or even the means to regain health through environmental means, annoy me. Is it realistic within the game's fiction? Yes, because Adam has the same thing. Does that make it fun? Hell no. If I chip part of an enemy's health off, I want it to stay off.

Can't agree more. Players and enemies don't have to and shouldn't run under the same rules. If you give cyborgs healing, you lose your ability to use hit and run attacks or use traps.

BigBoss
18th Mar 2011, 22:10
Otherwise the game is too easy

How many people agree

No. Just by inflating the enemies health does not make a game harder, just tedious. AI is what you should focus on if you want to make a game truly harder.

AlexOfSpades
18th Mar 2011, 22:33
I'm the kind of guy who plays as a sniper in all games.

Infiltrator at ME, Thief at Oblivion. A railgun lover. And a fan of CTF-Face, you know my kind probably.

And if a headshot doesnt kill instantly, i get very disappointed.

Neuromancer07
18th Mar 2011, 22:43

I think it was confirmed that it's possible to even decapitate enemies with a powerful enough weapon, headshots are definitely in otherwise though.

Ashpolt
18th Mar 2011, 23:33

This. I don't care what weapon I'm using, if I shoot someone in the face, they should go down. It's one of my major annoyances with the original DX that a tranq dart to the head doesn't take someone down immediately.

nomotog
18th Mar 2011, 23:55
This. I don't care what weapon I'm using, if I shoot someone in the face, they should go down. It's one of my major annoyances with the original DX that a tranq dart to the head doesn't take someone down immediately.

Why would it? you shooting a dart not a bullet. a tranq takes time no matter where you shoot it.

Ashpolt
18th Mar 2011, 23:59
Why would it? you shooting a dart not a bullet. a tranq takes time no matter where you shoot it.

Sure, it's realistic. But realism doesn't necessarily equal good gameplay. Besides, this is 2052: I'm sure they will have developed a fast acting tranquiliser by that time.

Ghostface
19th Mar 2011, 07:18
Sure, it's realistic. But realism doesn't necessarily equal good gameplay. Besides, this is 2052: I'm sure they will have developed a fast acting tranquiliser by that time.

A reinforced cyborg should be able to survive a bullet to the head from a non high powered rifle. Even people have survived headshots in real life.

They should make bosses more challenging by having them cloak as soon as you pull out the sniper rifle. They should also try to counter-snipe you if you fight from a distance. Of shoot explosive rounds in your direction.

badhabitz
19th Mar 2011, 07:19
"Give me Deus Ex"