PDA

View Full Version : Who should be the New Lara Croft? (IGN article)

RoombelinaUK
16th Mar 2011, 04:21
This should be interesting, I say Rose Byrnes! She has the perfect face.
http://movies.ign.com/articles/115/1155770p1.html

Natla
16th Mar 2011, 07:05
I guess if I was forced to pick from that list I'd pick Gemma Arterton. Zoe Saldana? What? If you're going to throw that much of Lara out of the window in order just to cast a "star", then I pick Neil Patrick Harris to play a gay male Lara.

Silvermoth
16th Mar 2011, 08:59
Gemma's my favourite too. She's tough without being too violent, she can play cool easily (St Trinians), She British and she has experience with action movies. If they were going for an older Lara, she would be it.

Eva Green is an interesting choice I hadn't considered before.

Rhanyan
16th Mar 2011, 15:43
From the choices given, I must agree with the selection of Gemma Arterton. If one looks at the additional images provided, she has a lot of the look of the newly "created" Lara.

dark7angel
16th Mar 2011, 18:06
From that list I would also choose Gemma Arterton.

Ants_27_
16th Mar 2011, 18:10
Well the only one I've seen acting is Eva Green... that's the thing that's going to make me watch it not the rest...

So can't judge the rest.;)

AdobeArtist
17th Mar 2011, 02:28
I'm still putting my support behind Summer Glau :)

Error96_
17th Mar 2011, 03:40
This is interesting. I have to say Gemma Arterton or Tanit Phoenix seem the best choices.

I do though believe that the new Lara look was actually based on actress Evangeline Lilly's character Kate Austin from Lost. That might make her the obvious choice.

aussie500
17th Mar 2011, 06:02
Well for someone who thinks a dark skinned Lara is a possibility I suppose the IGN list could be worse, they at least managed to get 2 reasonable ones, although Olivia has already said she is not interested (probably they turned her down). They are all too old for the part so I pick none of them.

Natla
17th Mar 2011, 07:22
They are all too old for the part so I pick none of them.

It's a pity that they are persisting with this "origins" reboot idea in my opinion (if the film makers still are).

Keir
17th Mar 2011, 09:17
So many gorgeous women http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/f/faint.gif

dark7angel
17th Mar 2011, 17:50
I'm still putting my support behind Summer Glau :)

Summer Glau is also my favourite! She should be on that list! :cool:

grsp1
2nd Apr 2011, 16:13
Definetely Megan Fox if she can somehow rock a british accent well. Exact look is all

aragorn2
2nd Apr 2011, 22:39
Choose Gemma Arterton for the love of God. :mad2:

She is perfect for this role and she is also British!:thumb:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Apr 2011, 23:19
Gemma gets my vote too, a very capable and talented actress imo. :thumb:

AdobeArtist
2nd Apr 2011, 23:53
Definetely Megan Fox if she can somehow rock a british accent well. Exact look is all

You have GOT to be kidding me!! Sure megan is smoldering HOT, can't contest that. And probably she could even "look" the part once you get her in a pony tail and strap the gun holster on her. But no way in hell can she perform the role. Looks aside, you need an actress capable to portraying the more complex aspects of Lara, from her determined confidence, layered with her cultured sophistication.

Plus there's the acting ability needed to carry the emotional resonance of the part. Based on the plot, we can expect this to be a transformation role - witnessing how a naive and inexperienced girl endures the most punishing of events, and seeing how that redefines her existence, following her on her journey of self discovery to learn of the strengths and capabilities she never knew she possessed until she was pushed past her limits.

In other words to see just how an ordinary girl became the extraordinary adventurer she is today, and therin the performance that must convey the contrast of personality; the before and after.

Now anybody who's seen my post history here will know, back when there was a rumor about this (one long since debunked) I was probably among the few that was willing to give Megan the benefit of the doubt. From a fair and objective viewpoint, at the time when only a single movie was what we had to go by (Transformers), wasn't that much to gaugue her talent.

Well, after Jonah Hex and Jennifer's Body, sorry to say the benefit ship has long since sailed. I would just cry if she did somehow get cast as Lara. Not that there's any chance of that anyway, lol :p

And no offense to Gemma, but Summer has so much more going for her in this casting call - from her looks to her talent, to her marksmanship trraining and her gymnastics background which can be adapted to Lara's athletics.

GOOOOOOOOOO, SUMMER!!! :D:D:D

pinkangel07
3rd Apr 2011, 00:40
I like Gemma the best. I think she's the favorite in this little poll we have going on. She looks the part and has an impressive resume :). Then again, the models they've chosen in the past have always been fine and if I'm being 100% honest, I don't really care who they pick lol.

Rumors have always been swirling around about Megan Fox playing Lara in a movie. But honestly I don't think they would cast her as a lead female role in any movie... which may sound harsh! but I genuinely don't see her as talented enough... But I digress.

RoombelinaUK
3rd Apr 2011, 08:08
I think I've found the perfect teenage Lara...
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm27886592/nm2946516

Silvermoth
3rd Apr 2011, 11:03
Rachel Hurd Wood is an interesting choice which appeared somewhere on the internet which is quite good.

I love Claire Foy btw. She was awesome in Going Postal. She does seem a bit tiny for an action role though.