PDA

View Full Version : Promote your Deus Ex game play here

Yamacrate
14th Mar 2011, 20:43
Hello, I'm new to the forum, but certainly not to Deus Ex. I've recently started posting videos of Deus Ex 1, and its basically a playthrough with me talking through a mic while playing the game. I've been wanting to promote the videos more, so I decided to join this forum.

Here's my youtube channel link: www.youtube.com/yamacrategame

This little series I'm doing starts out in France, basically because I was at that point when I wanted to start recording it, and I didn't have the patients to play the whole game through again because I wanted to play it the right way, and get the best "feel" out of the game. I've just recently beaten it...again, and I'm going back with a completley different story mode to finish up the series.

...And anyone else can post their videos of Deus Ex on this thread if they so choose to.

Unstoppable
14th Mar 2011, 21:52
The screen keeps flashing but thx for the vids.

Yamacrate
14th Mar 2011, 23:46
Yea its a problem with this stupid free software I had. The episodes will get better soon (Look for episode 25 when I upload it) because I bought a new screen recorder of recent. It looks MUCH better.

luminar
15th Mar 2011, 18:07
Excellent. I'll be looking forward to it when I get home to my lovely speakers.

Rainhands
16th Mar 2011, 02:19
Not being a hater but talking in the vid really ruins it. Why can't gamers just shut up and let us listen to the game sounds? It would not be bad if they provided information about the game and useful tips. Instead they are just ad-libbing. The only thing that would make this video worse is stupid rock music. Argh! Rant over.

Thanks for the vid anyway. It is a little bright and lags a lot.

VectorM
16th Mar 2011, 04:14
You can always play the game yourself.

Yamacrate
16th Mar 2011, 21:51
Once again I was having some trouble with the video quality, but that will soon be fixed. I respect your opinion, Rainhands, about talking in the playthrough, but that's initially what I wanted to to, a talking playthrough, and plus I really enjoy doing it. Its more of a comedy attempt I guess... I wish I could record the actual sound of the game separatley from my voice without having to sync everything up, but fraps can't do that apparently.

The music and sound effects are incredible in this game too, which makes these vids a drag sometimes, but sometimes you can tell when I'm spaced out to it in them i guess.

Good point Vector.

Red
21st Mar 2011, 17:19
Hm, I'm about to try a direct run 'n gun approach. Pure FPS. Actually it's weird that in 12 or so playthroughs I never played it straight up that way... Might be interesting not able to pick all the locks, multitool stuff or hack, but murder everything in my path... Will try to record it too. Good idea, Yamacrate.

Rheinhold
21st Mar 2011, 17:45
Hm, I'm about to try a direct run 'n gun approach. Pure FPS. Actually it's weird that in 12 or so playthroughs I never played it straight up that way... Might be interesting not able to pick all the locks, multitool stuff or hack, but murder everything in my path... Will try to record it too. Good idea, Yamacrate.

Will make for a very fast playthrough. SInce you are used (after 12 playthroughs) to open doors and follow every nook and cranny in the story, you might have a hard time sticking to your goal, and feeling quite empty because you know you missed a lot...

...but it can be fun nonetheless.

A question I have: what is the fastest playthrough you guys no off that doesnt make use of cheats and commands? :)

Tverdyj
21st Mar 2011, 20:43
There are several speedruns on the net. the fastest was just under an hour or 2, I believe?

Red
21st Mar 2011, 23:35
Will make for a very fast playthrough. SInce you are used (after 12 playthroughs) to open doors and follow every nook and cranny in the story, you might have a hard time sticking to your goal, and feeling quite empty because you know you missed a lot...

You are right... Skipped some of the dialogues and typed keypad codes/passwords without actually finding them 'cause I remember them (almost cheating, but not quite - it's a reward for a long lasting loyalty of sorts :P )

Already doing mayhem in New York after an hour, about to raid the warehouse. Waiting for 5k XP so I can upgrade Pistols to Master. It's actually fun, sort of... Just killing people. Civilians and enemies alike. An evil playthrough if you want. :) Though the newspapers, books and datacubes are very tempting to be read :D Well, I do read some of them and it's kinda frustrating I can't hack ATMs :D. And I WILL NOT invest points in anything besides weapons, medicine and environmental training. Oh, and swimming hehe.

Made a mistake though, I guess I didn't kill everyone in the Liberty level, Paul didn't call me a monster :( Oh and I blew up the subway civilians :cool:. I do not negotiate with terrorists, of course - I kill them :nut:

And about the recording... Hm, I dunno, these files are pretty large and it's not really so interesting... But will upload for a taste after I compress them. Maybe it's just the Liberty level , it's big and there a lot of running around in empty space -> Forgot to record the castle clinton and subway because I was put off of it. Maybe the warehouse...

Yamacrate
23rd Mar 2011, 00:15
Hmm, I'd be interested to see your playthrough. I think after I get done recording my normal playthrough, I'll try killing everything in sight for entertainment, well, maybe except for all of the rats and the birds. That would be a pain...

And those video files are huge. I had to buy two 1.5 tb hard drives, which should be delivered soon, so I can record as long as I want without having to stop after an hour or so and convert the files down.

MrFoxter
23rd Mar 2011, 07:09
Now I'm at Missile Silo with my no-item (aug-only) playthrough on realistic. It will be a slight problem to get on the other side of the fence, but I'll do it somehow... damn, I chose useless augmentation (radar transparency), but now I realize that I need classic Cloak in many situations but I don't have it. Maybe I'll make some vid.

Yamacrate
23rd Mar 2011, 21:13
Wow, I never thought you could get through the game without any items, thats pretty hardcore man. I'm about to upload some new videos my game play of the missile silo tonight. Hmm, I find the radar transparency very useful, but I guess it depends on the way you play it. I guess it can be useless when you upgrade your melee attack, so you can just blow up cameras and turrets with the dragon tooth though.