PDA

View Full Version : Tomb raider angel of darkness

Angy1996
2nd Mar 2011, 19:09
Hello everyone i would like to ask if angel of darkness will be continiud (sorry for bad english im from Greece :D) if so please post a reply cause i love this game and it would be great if a new game based on this one will be released :) (i know its not on our current issue about the new tomb raider but u know lots of rumours around the sites :)

Abdullah10
2nd Mar 2011, 20:09
I don't think so

Cristiavano
2nd Mar 2011, 21:48
i don't think so but since the story is closer theres a chance MIGHt be in the time line. But it would have to be altered to fit the new storyline

Katie_Fleming
2nd Mar 2011, 21:58
I personally can't ever see them continuing the storyline as they seemed to try their best to stray far from the classics. Isn't it interesting, however, that 8 years after AOD is released, we're still wanting it to be continued? Now that is impressive ;)

Ants_27_
2nd Mar 2011, 22:09
I personally can't ever see them continuing the storyline as they seemed to try their best to stray far from the classics. Isn't it interesting, however, that 8 years after AOD is released, we're still wanting it to be continued? Now that is impressive ;)

This is actually a good point.

I noticed the other day, thanks to my mate, that Lara Croft came around 11 on some game icons list, male and female. Long story short, made me think. Surely its something that if you release a series of games which to some are considered bad, but the main character manages to still be on these lists then.... :scratch:

I'm not sure what that'll read back like but I hope it understandable. ;)

But yeah, as for continuing the story then, I doubt it. I can write a story but if I were to give it you or anybody else to finish then it's likely to be slightly different as yours would be different perspective to the way I view the 'world'. With me?

LC is Me
2nd Mar 2011, 22:09
I hope not.
:b

Katie_Fleming
2nd Mar 2011, 22:51
Someone asked me my opinion recently about AOD for one of my video blogs...check it out at about 7:53

OzeoKZS0Gtc

QiX
3rd Mar 2011, 04:45
Whatever they do to the new story line to eventually connect with the so called "classic" story: use any of the games, except Angel of Darkness. Bury anything related to it, build the highest pyramid upon it, fill this pyramid with the deadliest vipers, explode all the entrances, surround it all with barbed wire, bring voodoo witches and curse the family of whoever touches it again for fourty generations. AoD is no good. :scratch:

a_big_house
3rd Mar 2011, 07:19
Whatever they do to the new story line to eventually connect with the so called "classic" story: use any of the games, except Angel of Darkness. Bury anything related to it, build the highest pyramid upon it, fill this pyramid with the deadliest vipers, explode all the entrances, surround it all with barbed wire, bring voodoo witches and curse the family of whoever touches it again for fourty generations. AoD is no good. :scratch:

Poor snakes....

I don't truely think people realise that the old blocky system isnt used anymore, we can keep the new generation controls and amazing graphics, all that is need is a story, AoD 2, i believe could give the Tomb Raider fanchise a huge boost, like if the made an 8th SAW film in 4 years, it would be shocking but it would take people back to when it was the main thing.

Denis..
3rd Mar 2011, 08:48
Hello everyone i would like to ask if angel of darkness will be continiud (sorry for bad english im from Greece :D) if so please post a reply cause i love this game and it would be great if a new game based on this one will be released :) (i know its not on our current issue about the new tomb raider but u know lots of rumours around the sites :)

file mou epidi oloi ksefigan ap to thema na sto eksigiso ego ala elinika..
to AOD einai pexnidi tis CORE kai i eidos exei dosei to project tora stin CD kai den exoun dikaioma pano sto AOD..
px gia na katalabeis meta to AOD exoume dei kana toso diskolo pexnidi opos ta palia TR ap tin CORE?
oxi kai den skopeuoun na ksanaftiaksoun dioti i eteria dimiourgias tou einai tora i CD pou ooola ta TR tous einai gia pedakia..
understand?

Angy1996
3rd Mar 2011, 12:29
nai katalava kai ty polu! apla to story htan polu endiaferon kai 8a h8ela polu na sunexistei :/
anyway thanks to everyone for your answers :)

QiX
3rd Mar 2011, 16:27
Poor snakes....

I don't truely think people realise that the old blocky system isnt used anymore, we can keep the new generation controls and amazing graphics, all that is need is a story, AoD 2, i believe could give the Tomb Raider fanchise a huge boost, like if the made an 8th SAW film in 4 years, it would be shocking but it would take people back to when it was the main thing.

The old blocky system is the least of the troubles. The character conception is awful. Lara with her don't-step-on-my-toe-I'm-on those-days attitude is just not Lara. She makes me want to knock her forehead with an issue of Good Manners for Dummies. Seems like she forgot her class in a tomb in Egypt.

And don't even get me started on Kurtis Trent. He alone is reason enough to reboot the series, just let the poor big shurikens dude rest for eternity in the oblivion.

RosePetals
6th Mar 2011, 14:57
Hey, I actually liked Kurtis Trent! ^^ But to be honest, I don't think the TRAOD trilogy will be continued, seeing as how the people behind the game are trying to deviate from the "classic" tomb-raiding we all know. Not that I'm complaining though. I think this reboot is just what Lara needs.

So, yeah. The AOD plot will probably live on, but only through hard-core fanfiction maybe. :P

Angy1996
6th Mar 2011, 15:09
me too! he was ok :D ^_^ but the controling of the game was very...boring that i quit playing from the first five minutes so better not continue it!but i have to admit that the story was very nice :) Also as you said RosePetals i agree that this reboot will be great for tomb raider...

Gemma_Darkmoon_
11th Mar 2011, 17:30
Think AOD was one of the best TR games storywise along with Legend. I would rather see an AOD sequel than what we have seen from the new game. There is no chance of it happening though at the moment as I just can't see CD wanting to go that route.

This is actually a good point.

I noticed the other day, thanks to my mate, that Lara Croft came around 11 on some game icons list, male and female. Long story short, made me think. Surely its something that if you release a series of games which to some are considered bad, but the main character manages to still be on these lists then.... :scratch:

Lara herself has never been the problem with the series and is probably it's main selling point. She is one of gamings most recogniseable characters even now. That is why I am uncertain on CD's moves to tone her down. Lara was both the first female gaming hero to brakethrough in to popular culture and the first big sex symbol of gaming. This means Lara will never be forgotten whatever the lifespan or quality of the series's future is.

xXTombRaiderXx
25th Mar 2011, 12:07
i never completed Angel of Darkness :( but i really want it again

QiX
25th Mar 2011, 12:34
i never completed Angel of Darkness :( but i really want it again

You're not alone here: Core Design never completed it either :rolleyes:

Angy1996
25th Mar 2011, 16:59
Well u know CD could have taken the idea and continue it but they wanted to reboot the series...so lets not complain and move on without it ( i miss kurtis :( )

LC is Me
25th Mar 2011, 19:43
You're not alone here: Core Design never completed it either :rolleyes:Lol forever.

I don't hate Core or anything...but A+

aragorn2
25th Mar 2011, 21:41
AOD had a great story but also had a terible gameplay. I lost the death count on that game. Good idea, bad game...

PS LOL gia ta ellinika se kseno forum :P

Angy1996
3rd Apr 2011, 15:31
nai +fwnw (yes i agree) :PPP its easier to understand in your language :D
also i agree that the story was great and that the gameplay was awful :/
but the beta was better :/

Driber
5th Apr 2011, 07:20
If you guys wish to continue in your native language, please use PM from now on instead.

Only English is allowed on the public forum.

Angy1996
5th Apr 2011, 16:03
sorry (i actually put and the english words in parenthesis) won't happen again!!!

Driber
5th Apr 2011, 16:12
Cheers :)

Angy1996
6th Apr 2011, 15:32
;) :d

Hoodedclaw
8th Apr 2011, 12:49
I would love for them to continue AOD.

I wouldn't think that they would do that in the fact of how busy they have been with the recent games. If u mentioned it to them it might give them some ideas for the future games!. x

Angy1996
9th Apr 2011, 14:07
great idea....i actually love it...thanks Hoodedclaw :D

BlueSkiesXXV
19th Apr 2011, 13:03
It will never happen, but a HD upgrade of AoD with all the bugs removed, controls fixed & the intrusive load screens removed (e.g. Paris streets), etc would be just awesome. They would be able to actually finish the game & polish it to perfection.

Again, it will never happen, but is a nice thought :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/blueskies55/AoD_HD.jpg

RosePetals
21st Apr 2011, 09:11
^ I'd grab a copy of that if ever.
Angel of Darkness II... *sigh* Wishful thinking :hmm:

Denis..
22nd Apr 2011, 05:18
if it would happen me too!
i never played angel of darkness so..
and im reading everywhere that it's a good game and an awesome story!

Sophia Leigh
25th Apr 2011, 13:04
I think opinion of this game depends on what platform it was originally played on, I played it first on PS2 and loved it, played it a couple of years later on PC and became frustrated with how buggy it was. I thought it was a great story though and was sad when they did not continue with it; I sincerely doubt they will go back there although I would definitely buy AOD 2 if they made it.

xXTombRaiderXx
27th Apr 2011, 19:42
Ive only just stared playin it again i never got the chance to complete Angel Of Darkness !

CaddieShepherd
28th Apr 2011, 07:14

Because it was the best Tomb Raider game ever, the most interesting storyline and gameplay style.

It will never happen, but a HD upgrade of AoD with all the bugs removed, controls fixed & the intrusive load screens removed (e.g. Paris streets), etc would be just awesome. They would be able to actually finish the game & polish it to perfection.

Again, it will never happen, but is a nice thought :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/blueskies55/AoD_HD.jpg

That would be more than I could ever dream of. at least another chance to replay the game in better resolution without having to connect my PS2 again to play it.

QiX
28th Apr 2011, 07:34
If one thing I learned from Tomb Raider fan forums is that I will allow my son to have hamsters when he's old enough. Because hamsters have a short life span and it's so sad when kids grow up unable to deal with loss. AoD is dead, guys. Let it rest, shall we? :(

jaywalker2309
28th Apr 2011, 10:27
I think its pretty safe to assume that there will be no continuation of the Core `AOD` storyline.. Its great that fans still think/talk/play the classics, as they are exactly that `classics`.. They will never be forgotten.

Elliot Kane
5th May 2011, 13:11
I truly hope not! AOD was an utter abomination. A nightmare cocktail of bugs and bad design. I honestly hope it's totally forgotten.

Flintmelody
6th May 2011, 02:33
Would be awesome to see an AOD sequel but I am not expecting it to happen.