PDA

View Full Version : I have a suggestion

Kimbo
26th Feb 2011, 06:34
not to say that you guys might care, but for the official dudes here who are working on the trailer and such. Regardless of your opinion of Underworld, you can't deny that the trailer was pretty rad. And I'm 90% sure the song choice ("Gorecki" by Lamb) was responsible for that.

To get to the point, I was listening to Lykke Li's new album and decided that this piece right here would work super well with the new trailer. Or what I can imagine it will be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-0A7_B-ZnM

Don't mind the video itself but I can easily picture a dramatic trailer with shipwreck/battered, scared lara/scary place etc with this music. It's got the right vibe. So if you were wondering what music would be good to edit into the trailer, I have yer answer me lads.

ok that's all. just throwing it out there.

Denis..
26th Feb 2011, 07:25
i have a suggestion also..

no offence but so far all i see are meaningless posts and nothing new!

50%+ topics here are just meaningless..

Fickji
26th Feb 2011, 07:42
It's a forum.

I use it for venting.

Usually about my favorite things.

Namely Tomb Raider.

THANK YOU KIMBO, you've introduced me to a new artist I never knew existed. Liked the I Follow Rivers song, personelly. But your idea is cool too.

Ants_27_
26th Feb 2011, 10:55
Although, trailers that are going to come out in the future are going to have some cool cinematography to beat this:

YicRlOm8c9Y&feature=related

I don't think I have ever wanted a game -without needing to see game play but yet that managed it. In my opinion one of the coolest trailers I've seen but I have no idea why... it just works!:D I think it's due to leaving a lot to be interpreted by you as an individual and implies a few directions which are pretty interesting.

Or have the TR trailer to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQVeaIHWWck

Saying that, the only person who jumps into my head when I hear that is Jill Valentine so Lara can't have it, that'd just mess up my minds organization for remembering things!:lol: Yes, I know it wasn't written for Resident Evil but who cares, Jill played it!

a_big_house
26th Feb 2011, 11:18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-0A7_B-ZnM

Don't mind the video itself but I can easily picture a dramatic trailer with shipwreck/battered, scared lara/scary place etc with this music. It's got the right vibe. So if you were wondering what music would be good to edit into the trailer, I have yer answer me lads.

ok that's all. just throwing it out there.

half of that is just random sounds.... :-)

something catchy and fast would suit this new game better, tomb raider is no longer smooth rhythms

GoranAgar
26th Feb 2011, 12:18

And your reply is on top of that list. Dude, relax. Let people do what they want to do.

Cristiavano
26th Feb 2011, 17:03
it kinda reminds me of the a soundtrack from teh tomb raider movie but you have to watch it since i can't seem to find it online

Cristiavano
26th Feb 2011, 17:05
Although, trailers that are going to come out in the future are going to have some cool cinematography to beat this:

I don't think I have ever wanted a game -without needing to see game play but yet that managed it. In my opinion one of the coolest trailers I've seen but I have no idea why... it just works!:D I think it's due to leaving a lot to be interpreted by you as an individual and implies a few directions which are pretty interesting.

Saying that, the only person who jumps into my head when I hear that is Jill Valentine so Lara can't have it, that'd just mess up my minds organization for remembering things!:lol: Yes, I know it wasn't written for Resident Evil but who cares, Jill played it!

omg like the Doppleganger blows the house trailer? and then the ship sinks in the trailer and lara is standing looking at it behind her

Kimbo
26th Feb 2011, 18:02

Lighten up, yeah? What the hell else are we supposed to discuss while we wait?

it kinda reminds me of the a soundtrack from teh tomb raider movie but you have to watch it since i can't seem to find it online

I think you're talking about Edge Hill, by Groove Armada. And yeah I hear it. I think the trance/atmospheric thing really works for Tomb Raider.

THANK YOU KIMBO, you've introduced me to a new artist I never knew existed. Liked the I Follow Rivers song, personelly. But your idea is cool too.

You're welcome! She's quite amazing.

Denis..
27th Feb 2011, 07:58
and i need to relax?
men..

sirrap1
28th Feb 2011, 18:46
And your reply is on top of that list. Dude, relax. Let people do what they want to do.

Amen to that! :)

Ants_27_
1st Mar 2011, 07:48
Cause I've not said it yet.
@sirrap1 and @Kimbo

Welcome to the forums, otherwise I'd no doubt get shot.... cybershot in this case although that just makes it sound even worser than it is!:D

Denis..
1st Mar 2011, 07:52

love this trailler

Ants_27_
1st Mar 2011, 18:18
love this trailler

Take it you mean the Dead Island one?:D

Danielsun_
1st Mar 2011, 21:37
just been notified of the newer people, hey guys welcome to the forums, feel free to ask me and ants anything you like we'll be your tour guides :) enjoy your stay :)

Red Meat
2nd Mar 2011, 00:32
WOW:D cheers for posting that trailer ants, that really is one of the coolest game trailers i've ever seen :thumb:

Ants_27_
2nd Mar 2011, 08:31
WOW:D cheers for posting that trailer ants, that really is one of the coolest game trailers i've ever seen :thumb:

No problem.;)

Welcome to the forum by the way.