PDA

View Full Version : My HR Experience

eakgoag30
24th Feb 2011, 19:58
I went to the Xbox LIVE Marketplace this morning to see if there were any new demos released. I found the section for Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and to my surprise, it had dozens of new screenshots and videos that haven't been released anywhere else. My jaw dropped when I saw it also had a demo. The estimated download time was 23 minutes and my hands were clammy as I waited in anticipation.

The demo starts with Sarif Industries being raided by augmented mooks, but you're already augmented in the demo. I was given only an automatic rifle before being sent off to kill everything in the complex, including the frantic scientists. The game was extremely hard to control as Adam strafed left and right as I looked around - I figured this was just some sort of bug with the controls. I tried interracting with the scientists and computer terminals, but nothing would work; all I could do was shoot.

After I somehow managed to kill everything with the back assward controls, David Sarif contacted me and screamed at me about dead hostages, then told me to meet Faridah Malik on the roof. When I got there, she flew me around the city a bit, then landed back at Sarif Industries, where I had to kill more augmented mooks.

At the end of the level, a cutscene of Adam flirting with Pritchard played. Pritchard was hanging his head, blushing as Adam put his hands on his shoulders and approached him for a kiss. Just as their lips made contact, it faded out and the demo ended.

I wanted to play it again, but I was booted to the dashboard and the demo uninstalled itself. I looked for it on the Marketplace, but it was gone, along with the new screenshots and videos. When I woke up, I rushed to my Xbox 360 to check if there was really anything new, but I remembered somebody stole it six months ago.

What a shame.

ZakKa89
24th Feb 2011, 20:03
At the end of the level, a cutscene of Adam flirting with Pritchard played. Pritchard was hanging his head, blushing as Adam put his hands on his shoulders and approached him for a kiss. Just as their lips made contact, it faded out and the demo ended.

I wanted to play it again,

*reported/removed*

VectorM
24th Feb 2011, 20:11
0/10

handgriffsorgfaeltig
24th Feb 2011, 20:11
that was harsh Zakka...but there is a point...

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0909/fan-fiction-harry-potter-emma-watson-fan-fiction-demotivational-poster-1252527930.jpg

dxb
24th Feb 2011, 20:18
Zakka...that was awesome.

Reven
24th Feb 2011, 20:26
SOOOO... the game is quite good then ?

Pretentious Old Man.
24th Feb 2011, 20:30
W-_sABor77E

Reven
24th Feb 2011, 20:47
what the hell my link just scewed up ???

mahmoudd
24th Feb 2011, 21:04
are there many love interest choices? like in ass effect

Reven
24th Feb 2011, 21:15

you mean a gay option ???

Pretentious Old Man.
24th Feb 2011, 21:16
One in honour of Pinky:

http://fascistsoup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/CoolStoryBro.jpg

3rdmillhouse
24th Feb 2011, 21:18
Who What When How?

eakgoag30
24th Feb 2011, 21:19

Adam and Pritchard are tsundere for each other.

jtr7
24th Feb 2011, 21:22
You are still asleep. This is all a dream.

mahmoudd
24th Feb 2011, 21:52

you mean a gay option ???

what about bots

there are bots in deus ex 3 right

or half human half robot

ZakKa89
24th Feb 2011, 22:07
You are still asleep. This is all a dream.

It has been reported that some victims of torture, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not wake up. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren’t being tortured. The only way that they realized they needed to wake up was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to wake up. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and please wake up.

Reven
24th Feb 2011, 22:16
You mean like in BRAZIL ?

Pinky_Powers
25th Feb 2011, 00:07
One in honour of Pinky:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_E7CcGnDYNUc/SrwNZ_K9mJI/AAAAAAAAAYE/X7MluKfI3D4/s400/sheila-broflovski-what-what.jpg

Also, love the thread Tag. "zakka closet racist" :D

IOOI
25th Feb 2011, 00:34
AWESOME THREAD! (OP fooled me for awhile.)

@ tag "zakka closet racist": Offensive? Depends. Racist? No! (Unless you're American.)

ZakKa89
25th Feb 2011, 08:57
I am not a closet racist I am proud of being racist

Senka
25th Feb 2011, 09:25
I hate everyone equally.

JCpies
25th Feb 2011, 11:48

I hope Deus Ex doesn't turn into a visual dating novel now... They're so boring.

sonicsidewinder
25th Feb 2011, 12:51
I knew i'd love this game.

K^2
25th Feb 2011, 13:01
What, no Fresh Prince ending? Lame.

Happy
25th Feb 2011, 14:22
It's so fun to make fun of black people and gays, right?

@Zakka - I hate to edit free speech but that's a little too far - could you please remove that comment or at least change it to something not entirely offensive to everyone?

Thanks.

AlexOfSpades
25th Feb 2011, 14:23
You mean like in BRAZIL ?

Wait, what?

handgriffsorgfaeltig
25th Feb 2011, 14:44
Wait, what?

http://movie.masjo.com/images/brazil--the-criterion-collection--.jpg http://comedison.sonderpaedagogik.bildung-rp.de/fileadmin/user_upload/comedison.bildung-rp.de/Maus/M-klicken/Findefix/Findefix%202/ungleich.jpg http://www.bdwebnews.com/images/fb_fan__brazil.jpg

:D

Reven
25th Feb 2011, 17:23
Can i have both ?

ZakKa89
25th Feb 2011, 18:07

@Zakka - I hate to edit free speech but that's a little too far - could you please remove that comment or at least change it to something not entirely offensive to everyone?

Thanks.

That picture? I am sorry if I offended you personally, did I? I didn't think that pic would be offensive to gay/black people. Just thought it was funny as a reply to the op. Don't really see how it specificity makes fun off black or gay people. Just a typical reply pic I've seen a lot on the internets.

Again sorry, I thought it was harmless.

Pinky_Powers
25th Feb 2011, 18:16

Thanks.

You don't want to be that person.

Reven
25th Feb 2011, 18:20
Zakka just post change the words on the pic to "cracker you gay !" and one one will bat an eyelid.

ZakKa89
25th Feb 2011, 18:34
I am sorry but the pic stays unless somebody (Happy?) is personally offended. Don't think it really crosses any lines... I am not a Caucasian guy myself and have dealt with some racism. I am not like that. What do you guys think, does that pic go to far?

I work/study/live in one of the most multicultural societies in the world, and I don't think this would offence anyone I know or met. Then again, everybody has a different level of when they think the line is crossed.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
25th Feb 2011, 18:38
^
The picture has been removed due to receiving reports as offensive.
The thread is closed anyway as it's one of those that isn't going to go anywhere "interesting".