PDA

View Full Version : A little perspective

Pretentious Old Man.
23rd Feb 2011, 16:11
Greetings.

This forum is full of a great number of people, complaining about this forum. Not complaining about the game mind you, (although that does happen, of course), but about the particular forum. Lots of testosterone fuelled rage about how "this is the worst forum on the internet", and "this community is evil and hates everything"/"this community is full of worshippers and true believers"/"this forum sucks because of ____________".

I feel this to be highly unjust. First and foremost, you have me here, and who could fail to be enmeshed in stern yet loving clutches. But seriously, this forum is actually one of the nicer gaming fora I've posted on, and I've posted on many. Whilst I won't give specific examples for fear of treading on toes, my days following various game series have provided real context for this place. The standard of debate is poor, people get ridiculously entrenched in viewpoints and refuse to ever say anything else, and flaming/trolling on a kind of systematic level that this place could only dream of. I've been on fora where the moderation staff play a vindictive power game with both each other and the normal users, fora in which there is a rigidly imposed user hierarchy which entitles more powerful users to rip into others with gay abandon, fora in which "any kind of insult is fine so long as it is deserved" (quote from the ToS), fora which have so expanded their remit from games that the whole place is one long flame and lastly (sadly, particularly evident when trying to follow relatively obscure games like Stronghold 3), a massive proliferation of users who do not speak very good English, who can not understand you and can not make themselves understood.

By contrast, this forum's problems seem miniscule. Even a quick glance over at the RPGCodex forums should tell those of you that really disagree with me what elitism really is, for those who appear to have never experienced the full weight of prejudicial critical snobbery.

I don't really know what I wished to achieve with this rant, just an attempt to make some people who are occasionally far too pessimistic about the state of matters to not worry, and that we actually (by and large) have an, at best, excellent, at worst, quirky community over here.

:flowers:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gTJMEP-c2fo/SLfiFYqX8TI/AAAAAAAAECs/xSYr_nYjZjQ/s400/cat-love.jpg

Coyotegrey
23rd Feb 2011, 16:29
This proves I'm a broken record...

I love you Pretentious Old Man.

Happy
23rd Feb 2011, 16:36
@P.O.M. - I can't say that I ever saw anyone complain about the forum, just some of the members.

I'll agree though, this forum is a stroll in the park compared to some I've been on (Star Wars Online *cough/cough*).

sonicsidewinder
23rd Feb 2011, 17:15
Well spoken, Old man.

Ashpolt
23rd Feb 2011, 17:20
I can't find my "Charles Foster Kane clapping" gif, so just imagine it's here. Bravo, sir, bravo.

Xtremist022
23rd Feb 2011, 17:26
What are you playing at, running the WORLD?

ZakKa89
23rd Feb 2011, 17:26
I totally agree, well written.

pha
23rd Feb 2011, 17:29
^

http://www.kyru.net/gallery/d/161-1/kaneclap.gif

Feel the wub POM. This is easily one of my favorite communities and I still feel shame for my "ragequit" incident.

Pretentious Old Man.
23rd Feb 2011, 17:29
What are you playing at, running the WORLD?

Shush, they don't yet suspect!

vallux
23rd Feb 2011, 17:33
I mean dudes, and dudettes. Can we get a slow clap going on in here. Pretentious Old Man, my good sir. You have just won the internets.

puzl
23rd Feb 2011, 17:40
It's an interesting forum isn't it? Passionate people, young and old, really wanting the best from a game series they love. Alas, this brings out extremes in people and the overbearing bitterness is really grating at times. Thankfully, there are some lovely people here too and I always look forward to healthy discussion, whenever we are granted a tiny glimmer of occasional news to stir the pot :)

3 years of foreplay is enough though... bring on the game!

Happy
23rd Feb 2011, 17:46
^ You know, when you think about it, with only a few hundred of us at any one time logging on it can still get hectic. Imagine if enough fans of the series - say a few hundred thousand of them (where are they by the way?) would actually log on - then it would be chaos up in here! :)

dxb
23rd Feb 2011, 17:49
Good post, POM. We are a pretty good bunch, when you get right down to it.

II J0SePh X II
23rd Feb 2011, 18:22
*golfclap*

Arksun
23rd Feb 2011, 18:32
Now DX HR facebook approved :D

Donvermicelli
23rd Feb 2011, 18:40
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=dlattach%3Btopic=3457.0%3Battach=14578%3Bimage
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f142/bigbadvoo/GolfClap.gif

A Pretentious Old Man playing at running the internets.

Reven
23rd Feb 2011, 18:41
Pretentious Old Man ! i call foul this is no were near the worst forums on the internet . this place is a hub of culture and debate compared to the whinny puesilent 12 year olds on the dragon age forums. i would dare anyone who thinks this place is bad to go there and come back again unmarred.

ps. The Pretentious Old Man is...citizen kane.

Jerion
23rd Feb 2011, 19:13
This community is a beacon of light in the dark and feral land of videogame forums...even if it is cloudy, neon-tinged light.

vallux
23rd Feb 2011, 19:18
This community is a beacon of light in the dark and feral land of videogame forums...even if it is cloudy, neon-tinged light.

Do not forget the black/gold.

Jerion
23rd Feb 2011, 19:56
A cloudy, gold-neon-tinged light.

dxb
23rd Feb 2011, 20:01
A cloudy, gold-neon-tinged light.

With robot arms!

Pinky_Powers
23rd Feb 2011, 21:21
http://truthworks.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/ape-happy.jpg

JCpies
23rd Feb 2011, 21:33
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8894/kaneklapqo6.gif

MrFoxter
23rd Feb 2011, 22:11
Actually, this is the first forum I've ever posted on, and I'm glad that I did sign up. I can't compare with other forums, but this one is definitely a nice place to hang around. Thanks for being such a great community!

mentalkase
23rd Feb 2011, 22:20
I see the problem not being with this forum but game forums in general. Some gamers are just far too jaded and cynical for my tastes. This is certainly no RPGCodex though .. what a bunch of asses.

Irate_Iguana
23rd Feb 2011, 22:24
This is certainly no RPGCodex though .. what a bunch of asses.

The codex is the forum equivalent of a chan. It is most certainly not a forum for the faint of heart, the easily offended or anyone who expects to be right in an argument.

mentalkase
23rd Feb 2011, 22:35
The codex is the forum equivalent of a chan. It is most certainly not a forum for the faint of heart, the easily offended or anyone who expects to be right in an argument.

Yeah. I've never attempted to join it or add anything .. i'd get eaten alive. It's entertaining and amusing in its way.

Irate_Iguana
23rd Feb 2011, 22:37
Yeah. I've never attempted to join it or add anything .. i'd get eaten alive. It's entertaining and amusing in its way.

They have a wonderful LP section and some rather surprising insight and theories on gaming. At least once you get past the dick-jokes and insults. I've never joined, but occasionally I'll browse a bit. At least they don't creep me out as much as the official Bioware forums.

mentalkase
23rd Feb 2011, 22:49
They have a wonderful LP section and some rather surprising insight and theories on gaming. At least once you get past the dick-jokes and insults. I've never joined, but occasionally I'll browse a bit. At least they don't creep me out as much as the official Bioware forums.

Never been in the Bioware forums but sounds about right.

BlazeL
23rd Feb 2011, 23:12
It's strange that i checked back today. Problem mentioned by OP was one of the many reasons why i left. Well put Pretentious Old Man.

Feel the wub POM. This is easily one of my favorite communities and I still feel shame for my "ragequit" incident.

So do i. This was the only community i was participating in and cared about (maybe except for a UT3 clan).

(Well, I won't be back though unfortunately, i have some Real Life affairs going on - the main reasons for my departure, but maybe i'll post something whenever i'll come by.)

mahmoudd
23rd Feb 2011, 23:21
we dont need more whining

Reven
24th Feb 2011, 00:44
Never been in the Bioware forums but sounds about right.

I have been there several times to check the news. but as i said earlyier the place is filled with 12 year olds with insulting levels intelligence, all of the are fan shippers or just outright perverts. mention you like Talia and see what you get. say that think isabella's "charms" are to big and watch the forest burn down for 50 pages.

Ninjerk
24th Feb 2011, 00:48
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/6771/oprahfansreactions.gif

Kvltism
24th Feb 2011, 08:56

They're on fire right now with the DA2 demo. For every 2-3 "OMG BEST GAME EVAR, GOTY ALL YEARS" calls, there's someone saying that it reeks. I stand somewhere in between, personally.

MaxxQ1
24th Feb 2011, 08:58
I stand somewhere in between, personally.

Ditto.

K^2
24th Feb 2011, 09:16
Not convinced. I still hate you one and all. Damn your eyes.

Honestly, though, I do find this forum to be slightly overmoderated. I know it's hard to strike perfect balance, and the place is more "civilized" for it, but I don't think it's worth trading freedom of expression for fake politeness out of fear of offending somebody. If you get offended, it's always your fault foremost. No exceptions. Might be someone else's as well, yet that doesn't change the fact that you did not have to get offended. But this forum is run for sake of business, and we happen to be living in a world where you can't call a customer an idiot, because idiots make up majority of your market. And, of course, an idiot always thinks its someone else's fault he's being called an idiot.

So yeah, I hate you all, and for these of you who got offended, I really mean it.

Jerion
24th Feb 2011, 09:19

Honestly, though, I do find this forum to be slightly overmoderated. I know it's hard to strike perfect balance, and the place is more "civilized" for it, but I don't think it's worth trading freedom of expression for fake politeness out of fear of offending somebody. If you get offended, it's always your fault foremost. No exceptions. Might be someone else's as well, yet that doesn't change the fact that you did not have to get offended. But this forum is run for sake of business, and we happen to be living in a world where you can't call a customer an idiot, because idiots make up majority of your market. And, of course, an idiot always thinks its someone else's fault he's being called an idiot.

So yeah, I hate you all, and for these of you who got offended, I really mean it.

Yours is a uniquely wry brand of...something. The word escapes me.

Ah. There it is. "Forthrightness".

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Feb 2011, 09:23
Yours is a uniquely wry brand of...something. The word escapes me.

"cookies"...? :o

Jerion
24th Feb 2011, 09:53

I've got those over here in the crates. Per regulations, there is only one item inside each.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/Zeoman1001/CrateOcookies.jpg

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Feb 2011, 09:59
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/Zeoman1001/CrateOcookies.jpg

OMG, awesome crate! :cool:
I want a life-size replica for my games room, as a storage box or seat. Wish these were for sale for real at EM's store... I'm certain they'd sell a lot of them. :D

vallux
24th Feb 2011, 10:00

Damn, I really could go for some cookies right about now.

Also, I find this forum to be very civilized. It's nothing like some of the horrendous things I have seen during my travels on Route 66 of the Internetz. Granted, there are trolls and whatnot, but this is a really fun place to hype.

K^2
24th Feb 2011, 10:29
Yours is a uniquely wry brand of...something."cookies"...? :o
I could go for some rye cookies...

Mr. K, most people choose to be forthright because they either find any equivocation to be immoral or because they simply don't care. Either one defeats the purpose of honest communication. I choose what to say carefully to achieve my goals in most efficient manner, which in most cases is simple communication of ideas. And while deceit, however benign, may bring short term benefits, it's also the most expensive tactic in long term. Even if people dislike me for knowing what I think about them, it still makes them more receptive to what I say, because they know they can take it seriously. What they do with it is up to them.

"Wry" is an unfortunately adequate way to describe it.

Jerion
24th Feb 2011, 10:48
Now added to my list of all-time favorite internet people: P.O.M., Pinky Powers, K^2.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Feb 2011, 10:52
I'm feeling the love in this place. :flowers:

Psst, Jerion, the cookies are working already... :naughty:

BigBoss
24th Feb 2011, 10:53

What I find is that they are almost exclusively rabid fanboys. I posted a single comment criticizing about how bad the graphics of DA2 look(especially the backgrounds) and in almost complete unison "YOU JUST DON'T GET THE ARTISTIC DESIGN THEY'RE GOING FOR!!!!!" So I deleted my account. At least here, like 90% of the time I'm met with a logical response

Really? I've never felt the need to censor myself in any way, and I'm pretty sure i'm one of the bigger *******s when it comes to presenting a candid opinion or being extremely forward.

Irate_Iguana
24th Feb 2011, 10:55
What I find is that they are almost exclusively rabid fanboys. I posted a single comment criticizing about how bad the graphics of DA2 look(especially the backgrounds) and in almost complete unison "YOU JUST DON'T GET THE ARTISTIC DESIGN THEY'RE GOING FOR!!!!!" So I deleted my account. At least here, like 90% of the time I'm met with a logical response

Codex or Bioware forums? I would expect it for Bioware but would find it odd for Codex.

BigBoss
24th Feb 2011, 11:00
Bioware. I've never been to rpgcodex and from the sounds of it, I wouldn't care for it.

Irate_Iguana
24th Feb 2011, 11:03
Bioware. I've never been to rpgcodex and from the sounds of it, I wouldn't care for it.

While you would probably not care for the place, you would be able to fit in. You can handle yourself well and don't mind abusive language or people hounding you. Your posting style would also be pretty compatible.

BigBoss
24th Feb 2011, 11:07
While you would probably not care for the place, you would be able to fit in. You can handle yourself well and don't mind abusive language or people hounding you. Your posting style would also be pretty compatible.

:lol: That is the nicest way a person has ever insulted me. Bravo!

Edit: The difference is that rpgcodex isn't founded on any particular game, so there are no studios who are keeping the record straight, or even listening. The only reason I bother to argue here is that maybe someone of importance is listening, and at least this one voice provides a specific set of values maybe some other consumers want. Fighting on that site sounds like a waste of time.

Irate_Iguana
24th Feb 2011, 11:09
:lol: That is the nicest way a person has ever insulted me. Bravo!

Damnit, are we getting this every time I post? It was not an insult or a compliment. It was a simple observation. You're able to deal with that place better than some of the other members of this board. Mostly because of your preferred posting style.

Mindmute
24th Feb 2011, 11:10
Damnit, are we getting this every time I post? It was not an insult or a compliment.

And now you just insulted me! What have I ever done to you?!

BigBoss
24th Feb 2011, 11:17
Damnit, are we getting this every time I post? It was not an insult or a compliment. It was a simple observation. You're able to deal with that place better than some of the other members of this board. Mostly because of your preferred posting style.

Ok. I wasn't offended or anything, but the people here talk about how horrible those people are, so I connected that with "you would fit right in" that's all, but no harm done. Recognizing insult is one thing, being offended by it is another.

Pretentious Old Man.
24th Feb 2011, 12:37
See? I have created love between BigBoss and Irate Iguana. For this, I feel I deserve to be called Jesus.

In fact, no, call me Rick.

tKFsEt_3zzk

AxiomaticBadger
24th Feb 2011, 12:49
This is the worst board I've ever (regularly) been to! The other one was slightly nicer! Also, I could use mild obscenities in order to apply emphasis to specific portions of text, which I can't do here.

As for P.O.M, I see what he's trying to do, and I await his sudden but inevitable betrayal.
I'm on to you!

(Why isn't there a smily for narrowing your eyes in suspicion?)

Pretentious Old Man.
24th Feb 2011, 12:54
As for P.O.M, I see what he's trying to do, and I await his sudden but inevitable betrayal.
I'm on to you!

I do not forget Agent Navarre! :mad2::mad2::mad2:

K^2
24th Feb 2011, 12:56
Really? I've never felt the need to censor myself in any way, and I'm pretty sure i'm one of the bigger *******s when it comes to presenting a candid opinion or being extremely forward.
That's the thing. It's what you say that's being censored rather than how you say it. I mean, up to a point, of course. If it was just a matter of strict etiquette, I wouldn't find it necessary to bring it up. When in Rome, etc. I can roll with it. There are certain topics you can't discuss, and that's it. I wish I could bring up an example, but I can't do that in a way that wouldn't result in an infraction from one of the mods. Feel free to hit me with a PM, though, if you are interested.

Rheinhold
24th Feb 2011, 13:49
This is not the worst forum I've ever been to, oh no.
But some forums ahd a bit more amicality to them, this one is, on that part, a bit cold. Not strange, since its mostly serious business here.

But I wouldn't say this is a bad forum at all. I, too, have seen worse.
And now I just came to realize all I've said has been said already. Stink.

Ashpolt
24th Feb 2011, 14:18

I less than three you, K^2. ^_^

K^2
24th Feb 2011, 15:07
I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that, Ashpolt.

Ashpolt
24th Feb 2011, 15:11
"I appreciate your efforts on this forum and find you to be an entertaining and intelligent poster, but all the time respect the boundaries of decent male-to-male conduct."

That better, K^2?

Red
24th Feb 2011, 16:39
Nah, should've just said I K^3 you, K^2. :)

K^2
24th Feb 2011, 16:59
That better, K^2?
Much. Thank you, Ashpolt.

MaxxQ1
24th Feb 2011, 17:37
Added something new to the CopyPasta thread:

Irate Iguana insults everybody on the forum. :D

ChrisVCB
24th Feb 2011, 21:33
If you want true perspective, go and work for a game dev, then go and read the fan forums for said dev, and compare what you see there to what you know from being on the inside track. I won't say the Dev I work for, but after seeing it firsthand, some of it I find frankly hilarious.

We had guys basically making up features that they thought a game would have, working themselves into a real frenzy over the course of a couple of years. When the game came out, those guys were massively disappointed - "OMG", they'd say "How dare X promise this and that, and not deliver". Of course, the devs had never promised anything, nor even hinted at anything like what they were saying. They'd done it all to themselves.

To see guys knocking chunks out of each other over stuff that...well, is pure hypothesis on thier part is....hah...yeah...that's what happens on most game forums.

Also, whilst on the subject, I love all the "devs never pay us any attention/don't listen to the community" posts more than ever. Working for a game developer is, believe it or not, work. Nose to the grindstone, complete the days tasks, work. And in my lunch hour I go out and get some fresh air. In my breaks I catch up on news, friends on facebook, or email. The last thing i'm going to do is spend time reading the forums. I get in from work? Not gonna go on forums and read about the thing i've just spent all day working on, especially when they're full of people either whipping themselves into frenzies or people telling you how collectively crap you all are. Similarly, i'd be highly surprised if the EM devs spent much time on here. They have jobs to do, and outside of those jobs, they have lives to lead.

There, perspective.

jtr7
24th Feb 2011, 21:42
Hahaha! You haven't seen the direct quotes, then. The reality is actually that the devs go one direction at the beginning, and change during the course of development, which is entirely normal and expected in and of itself, and what happens is they don't state that the change has been made. It's not a broken promise as much as stating goals publicly early, and just changing their mind due to exciting new ideas, cuts due to deadlines, or redesigning after playtesters or focus groups force the devs to change a current design.

Reven
24th Feb 2011, 21:44
BAD playtesters you mean ?

dxb
24th Feb 2011, 21:45
While I'm happy with the devs, I disagree with you ChrisVCB. One of the big reasons we have people like Coyote is to communicate to the devs what we want. So, while the devs might not visit the forums, they should absolutely be kept up to date with any issues the fans might have. They don't have to care really, but they should know.

Pretentious Old Man.
24th Feb 2011, 21:46
^^In my experience, more blame is levelled at publishers than developers per se. People would rather take chunks out of the bean counters than the artists. ;)

Reven
24th Feb 2011, 21:48
While I'm happy with the devs, I disagree with you ChrisVCB. One of the big reasons we have people like Coyote is to communicate to the devs what we want. So, while the devs might not visit the forums, they should absolutely be kept up to date with any issues the fans might have. They don't have to care really, but they should know.

This has popped up in nearly every thread - why ? because we have a point its time the Devs realised this and got on the ball.

Jerion
24th Feb 2011, 21:49
It's not up to most of the devs to care or need to know what the fans think. Making this game is their job, if they like to partake in a community and it's plethora of armchair designers that's one thing, but it's still their job to do what they're told. It's the design team and Producer, rather. Those few people are the ones calling the shots on the formation of the game.

Ashpolt
24th Feb 2011, 21:57
OK, I really don't want to derail this thread, but I've got to reply to ChrisVCB's post. Fortunately, I can do so in just a couple of sentences, not my usual over-verboee manner.

Also, whilst on the subject, I love all the "devs never pay us any attention/don't listen to the community" posts more than ever. Working for a game developer is, believe it or not, work. Nose to the grindstone, complete the days tasks, work. And in my lunch hour I go out and get some fresh air. In my breaks I catch up on news, friends on facebook, or email. The last thing i'm going to do is spend time reading the forums. I get in from work? Not gonna go on forums and read about the thing i've just spent all day working on, especially when they're full of people either whipping themselves into frenzies or people telling you how collectively crap you all are. Similarly, i'd be highly surprised if the EM devs spent much time on here. They have jobs to do, and outside of those jobs, they have lives to lead.

There are also people whose job it is to market this game to us, and in fact people whose job it is to interact with the community. We don't necessarily expect direct interaction with the devs themselves (though it'd be nice - and notably, some devs are happy to talk if approached elsewhere, e.g. Twitter, or even the Something Awful forums, just not here) but getting very simple questions answered when there are people being paid to be the liason between the community and the dev team is not asking too much.

And as for the community being listened to? That was from EM in the first place. Stephane D'Astous, in fact. Now I know you believe that people like to invent dev promises, so here's a link for you. (http://www.1up.com/news/deus-3-interview) Key sentence from there: "We have the forum up [...] so that the people that want to have accessibility to the developers have a chance to speak, to exchange with us directly." I can understand why you, as a developer yourself, would want to defend not listening to your community - but when it's named expressly as a goal by your head of company, it's pretty poor to not do so.

(OK, ended up being a bit longer than I intended. But this is brief for me.)

[EDIT] Ah, it seems the thread was somewhat derailed before I posted. Don't have to feel bad now. :P

Reven
24th Feb 2011, 22:03
Once Again Ashpolt you say that which i could not. but better and i agree with you.

Pretentious Old Man.
24th Feb 2011, 22:05
I shall post an enlarged picture of my Alec Guinness avatar, in order that we may return to our previous topic of showering me in praise:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/About/General/2010/1/11/1263224150975/Top-50-TV-Alec-Guinness-i-001.jpg

Irate_Iguana
24th Feb 2011, 22:06
showering me in praise

What, not Guinness?

Pretentious Old Man.
24th Feb 2011, 22:14
What, not Guinness?

No. Six months.

ZakKa89
24th Feb 2011, 22:36
whoa never realised your avatar is a jedi

Reven
24th Feb 2011, 22:49
Old men are the future !

mentalkase
24th Feb 2011, 22:49
Didn't he appear in other movies as well .. could've sworn ..

What a classy english gent, they don't make em like that anymore, probably.

Pretentious Old Man.
24th Feb 2011, 23:18
This particular picture is from Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

Reven
25th Feb 2011, 00:51
This particular picture is from Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

And british television have fallen far from those days of lore.

[FGS]Shadowrunner
25th Feb 2011, 01:11
Greetings.

This forum is full of a great number of people, complaining about this forum. Not complaining about the game mind you, (although that does happen, of course), but about the particular forum. Lots of testosterone fuelled rage about how "this is the worst forum on the internet", and "this community is evil and hates everything"/"this community is full of worshippers and true believers"/"this forum sucks because of ____________".

I feel this to be highly unjust. First and foremost, you have me here, and who could fail to be enmeshed in stern yet loving clutches. But seriously, this forum is actually one of the nicer gaming fora I've posted on, and I've posted on many. Whilst I won't give specific examples for fear of treading on toes, my days following various game series have provided real context for this place. The standard of debate is poor, people get ridiculously entrenched in viewpoints and refuse to ever say anything else, and flaming/trolling on a kind of systematic level that this place could only dream of. I've been on fora where the moderation staff play a vindictive power game with both each other and the normal users, fora in which there is a rigidly imposed user hierarchy which entitles more powerful users to rip into others with gay abandon, fora in which "any kind of insult is fine so long as it is deserved" (quote from the ToS), fora which have so expanded their remit from games that the whole place is one long flame and lastly (sadly, particularly evident when trying to follow relatively obscure games like Stronghold 3), a massive proliferation of users who do not speak very good English, who can not understand you and can not make themselves understood.

By contrast, this forum's problems seem miniscule. Even a quick glance over at the RPGCodex forums should tell those of you that really disagree with me what elitism really is, for those who appear to have never experienced the full weight of prejudicial critical snobbery.

I don't really know what I wished to achieve with this rant, just an attempt to make some people who are occasionally far too pessimistic about the state of matters to not worry, and that we actually (by and large) have an, at best, excellent, at worst, quirky community over here.

:flowers:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gTJMEP-c2fo/SLfiFYqX8TI/AAAAAAAAECs/xSYr_nYjZjQ/s400/cat-love.jpg

DX Community is so cool, we are the mofo Jedis!

handgriffsorgfaeltig
25th Feb 2011, 01:16
And british television have fallen far from those days of lore.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2222/davsarhs.jpg

...but i am a Clarksonist, what do i know?

Reven
25th Feb 2011, 01:28
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2222/davsarhs.jpg

...but i am a Clarksonist, what do i know?

can i interest you in some tinker tailor soldier spy or would you like some my big fat gypsy wedding ?

handgriffsorgfaeltig
25th Feb 2011, 02:31
can i interest you in some tinker tailor soldier spy or would you like some my big fat gypsy wedding ?

hmm...i should choose wisely...which one provides the biggest engine ? ^^

Pinky_Powers
25th Feb 2011, 03:06
Now added to my list of all-time favorite internet people: P.O.M., Pinky Powers, K^2.

We should make t-shirts.

Reven
25th Feb 2011, 04:13
hmm...i should choose wisely...which one provides the biggest engine ? ^^

That would be clarkson if he didnt try to embarrass us every chance he had.

mentalkase
25th Feb 2011, 09:00
That would be clarkson if he didnt try to embarrass us every chance he had.

Gimme him over Hamster or the boring one any day.