PDA

View Full Version : What is each companies role in Arkham City?

TheBrandon
22nd Feb 2011, 16:24
Can someone go into depth of each companies role in the game?

Rocksteady
Eidos
WB
DC
Time Warner
Square Enix

LukeAC
22nd Feb 2011, 16:36
Can someone go into depth of each companies role in the game?

Rocksteady
Eidos
WB
DC
Time Warner
Square Enix

Rocksteady are the developers of the game.
Eidos aren't involved with Batman: Arkham City. They claimed the series ran its course.
Warner Brothers publish the game. They also acquired the majority of Rocksteady this time last year.
DC own the rights to Batman.
Time Warner is a conglomerate. Time and Warner Brothers are within it.
Square Enix acquired Eidos last year, they still exist as seperate companies. They also have no involvement within Batman: Arkham City.

TheBrandon
22nd Feb 2011, 16:45
Rocksteady are the developers of the game.
Eidos aren't involved with Batman: Arkham City. They claimed the series ran its course.
Warner Brothers publish the game. They also acquired the majority of Rocksteady this time last year.
DC own the rights to Batman.
Time Warner is a conglomerate. Time and Warner Brothers are within it.
Square Enix acquired Eidos last year, they still exist as seperate companies. They also have no involvement within Batman: Arkham City.

So what did Eidos have to do with AA?

The Caped Crusader
22nd Feb 2011, 16:56
So what did Eidos have to do with AA?

Edios published Batman Arkham Asylum, But around this time last year Warner Bros bought most of the shares From Rocksteady so now Warner Bros pretty much own Rocksteady adn their games.

Old_BenKenobi
22nd Feb 2011, 16:59
The publisher (Eidos for AA, Warner Interactive for AC) fund the game and oversee its production. They're kind of like studios execs and producers. Since the publisher puts the game out and has their money invested in the game they get a big say in what its like. Since games are so expensive they want to make sure their money is being used to create a product that will sell well.

The_Hylden
22nd Feb 2011, 17:09
Eidos for AA, you meant.

JackWinz
22nd Feb 2011, 19:59
Rocksteady makes the game.

Everyone else gets paid.

The New Blueguy
22nd Feb 2011, 22:51
Wait, Square Enix/Eidos passed on an Arkham Asylum sequel? Are you sure? I could've swore WBIE took over only because they bought Rocksteady... If it's true that Eidos passed up a sequel and Square Enix let them, there must be some nice crack on the market.

HellfireBat
22nd Feb 2011, 23:09
Wait, Square Enix/Eidos passed on an Arkham Asylum sequel? Are you sure? I could've swore WBIE took over only because they bought Rocksteady... If it's true that Eidos passed up a sequel and Square Enix let them, there must be some nice crack on the market.

I think it was obvious Eidos weren't involved anymore since I never saw a Arkham City trailer with them at the start.

Batman The Trailer Hunter
23rd Feb 2011, 00:24
Square Enix is apart of Disney part of WB Rivels

The New Blueguy
23rd Feb 2011, 13:43
I know they're not involved. My question was when/how exactly did that happen...

EDIT: Just read an old article from '09. Yup, Eidos, Lara and 47 are House of Mouse subsidiaries now.