PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex Game

Vasarto
19th Feb 2011, 01:40
I dunno if anyone here might be up for it but how about a little game to pass some time?
OK, I thought up something that might prove to be fun. This is a reference game where someone says a Quote by a person or describes a place and the next person says what it is and than gives one them self's for the next person to solve.

Here are some rules and an good example.

I say "Iron and Copper"
You say on your post. OH! When you first meet the bum on level 1 of DX 1. YAY!
You post "No Use Splitting Hairs this time" As a quote to the next person to guess who it is.

OK I will start us off.

This is a place.
You Visit me several times, I am two stories tall and, OH YOU BAAAD!....you deaf?
What am I?

So no single words or anything unless its something that ONLY that person can use.
If describing a place. A Min of three lines of text, Enough to make it vague but able to solve.
No using screams or single words.

Mindmute
19th Feb 2011, 12:27
The 'Ton Hotel.

Assuming I'm not wrong here's mine:

This is a person.
This person is of rather small stature and doesn't seem to trust you: "So you're the spy uh?".
Who is this person?

[FGS]Shadowrunner
19th Feb 2011, 12:32
Joe Green, Midnight Sun reporter, MJ12/Unatco informant. Best disposed of as soon as possible.

OK this is a hard one, I think you need to read interviews with the Devs to get this one:

My daddy bought a missile Silo and works for Bob Page, I was once romantically linked with Tiffany Savage. I may have been cut out of the story, because the Dev's ran out of time.

Mindmute
19th Feb 2011, 12:47
Shadowrunner;1569659']Joe Green, Midnight Sun reporter, MJ12/Unatco informant. Best disposed of as soon as possible.

OK this is a hard one, I think you need to read interviews with the Devs to get this one:

My daddy bought a missile Silo and works for Bob Page, I was once romantically linked with Tiffany Savage. I may have been cut out of the story, because the Dev's ran out of time.

*Buzzer sound* Wrong! Mine was one the kids in the mole people base. He's in the "main room" before the tunnels that connect to La Guardia and literally has the quote "So you're the spy, huh?" when interacted with.

But since I'm curious about yours, let's just keep going ;)

Vasarto
20th Feb 2011, 05:31
Oooh. shadowrunner thats not fair lol.

Ninjerk
20th Feb 2011, 10:51
Shadowrunner;1569659']Joe Green, Midnight Sun reporter, MJ12/Unatco informant. Best disposed of as soon as possible.

I hate myself for being too drunk to remember the guy's name, but I'm certain it's the guy you can kill right before A51. I seem to remember him wearing a suit vest and pants...

Rheinhold
20th Feb 2011, 14:26
I hate myself for being too drunk to remember the guy's name, but I'm certain it's the guy you can kill right before A51. I seem to remember him wearing a suit vest and pants...

That os the spy who wants to rig the missile. Can't think up his name right now, but I cannot find any interview whatsoever that talks about cut characters... so I cannot be sure it's the right guy as well...

Couldn't we just say that the persones and locations must be in the final release of the game??? :P

jd10013
20th Feb 2011, 16:57
this was a conversation, one of your first with he/she/it

"is that god your talking about, or some kind of new age crap?"

luminar
20th Feb 2011, 21:51
this was a conversation, one of your first with he/she/it

Morpheus.

This is a person. "All the better. Then we don't have to fight."

dxb
20th Feb 2011, 21:56
Morpheus.
Wait, wasn't that Icarus?

luminar
20th Feb 2011, 22:01

I'm sure its one of the AI's. Right?

dxb
20th Feb 2011, 22:03
Found it on youtube. It's Icarus.

luminar
20th Feb 2011, 22:04
Found it on youtube. It's Icarus.

What a shame. Lol! I failed. :(

dxb
20th Feb 2011, 22:06

Some random guard talking about FEMA.

"How did you know..." BOOM

jd10013
21st Feb 2011, 00:46

yes, it was in paris where your finding the entrance to the catacombs. in the one building if you enter the office on the second floor the phone rings. if you answer it you have a conversation with Icarus.

I always loved the way the game did that. same with the info kiosk that had the "Icarus is watching you" message

dxb
21st Feb 2011, 06:21
It's a person.

"How did you know..." BOOM!

Jerion
21st Feb 2011, 07:02
Anna Navarre.

Now...

"I've already been shot once, thank you."

JCpies
21st Feb 2011, 08:54
It sounds like something Gunther would say, but I'm not up to scratch with my obscure Deus Ex quotes.

Just want to put this one out there... 'I take care of you, special price'.

TheWoodsieLord
21st Feb 2011, 09:08
It sounds like something Gunther would say, but I'm not up to scratch with my obscure Deus Ex quotes.

The Hooker in Old China Hand (if that's the name of the place).

Serendipitous
21st Feb 2011, 09:54
Anna Navarre.

Now...

One of the scientists in the MJ12 facility beneath UNATCO.

"Let's not be hasty, he will improve."

Senka
21st Feb 2011, 09:57
It's two mj12 guards I think talking to each other about walton simons. Talking about how he can pull a bloodless coup if he plays it right.

jd10013
21st Feb 2011, 12:56
One of the scientists in the MJ12 facility beneath UNATCO.

Manderley? or was it Gunther?

dxb
21st Feb 2011, 14:09
Definitely not Gunther. It sounds to me more like Walton Simons...maybe Bob Page.

jd10013
21st Feb 2011, 15:01
I'm thinking when Anna and Gunther were talking about your performance. Anna was criticizing it, and gunther responded with that line. not simons, he was the critical one, I don't remember him defended you

dxb
21st Feb 2011, 15:03
I don't remember Gunther or Anna ever defending me. Maybe cuz I was non-lethal...

jd10013
21st Feb 2011, 15:07
I don't remember Gunther or Anna ever defending me. Maybe cuz I was non-lethal...

when you rescue Gunther from the statue and he asks you for your pistol; if you give it to him he later defends you at HQ when Anna is basically calling you too soft.

IdiotInAJeep
22nd Feb 2011, 07:30
Wow I never had that happen, I love this game.

Dead-Eye
22nd Feb 2011, 10:03

Howard Strong was gonna have a kid?

Well, THATS, JC Denton, but he is talking to Morpheus?

yes, it was in paris where your finding the entrance to the catacombs. in the one building if you enter the office on the second floor the phone rings. if you answer it you have a conversation with Icarus.
Oh that. I never found that. But I know it exists:
YeKFu5oz56U

"I share genes with you and your bother in culture." (or something like that.) Yeah, I know him.

The female Pimp in the lucky money.

It's two mj12 guards I think talking to each other about walton simons. Talking about how he can pull a bloodless coup if he plays it right.

Wait, WHAT!? Walton Simons was a good guy?

You have to save Gunther and give him a gun, for Gunther to like you.

This one is tricky because the Gunther line can "mess you up!" (<--That's mine) But I'm fairly sure this is Manderley talking to Simons about Paul, right after Paul goes AWOL.

Serendipitous
22nd Feb 2011, 11:23
This one is tricky because the Gunther line can "mess you up!" (<--That's mine) But I'm fairly sure this is Manderley talking to Simons about Paul, right after Paul goes AWOL.

Simons is not in the room when this is said, but you're on the right track.

EDIT:
"I share genes with you and your bother in culture." (or something like that.) Yeah, I know him.

"I'm your brother too, and I wear jeans every day. I have your culture prisoner.":nut:

Senka
23rd Feb 2011, 06:44
Wait, WHAT!? Walton Simons was a good guy?

Informed Guard: "The National Security Act also falls under our umbrella. And the Defense Production Act. If he plays his cards right, Walton Simons can pull off a bloodless coup."
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Deus_Ex