PDA

View Full Version : jokers fun house...

jerren
16th Feb 2011, 02:02
Do you guys think that perhaps Rocksteady will play some mind games and scary scenarios when we enter that fun house? Very interesting, i picture a corridor of multiple mirrors, with an image behind each one, and when we least expect it, a goon crashes through one to attack us.. I hope there is some errie/horror, type feel to this game like last time.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/114/1149377/batman-arkham-city-20110213101449119.jpg

TheBat
16th Feb 2011, 04:02
Just maybe there will be a room of mirrors like enter the dragon. Or that make you skinny, tall, short, fat. Would love to fight on a moving ride.

jerren
16th Feb 2011, 04:04
just maybe there will be a room of mirrors like enter the dragon. Or that make you skinny, tall, short, fat. Would love to fight on a moving ride.

yes

puppet627
16th Feb 2011, 04:10
The Joker could kidnap Jack Ryder (or Gordon.. *wink wink*) and Batman has to come to the rescue.
When Batman arrives the Joker tries to mess with his mind using a mirror maze and maybe fear gas.
Yeah?

jerren
16th Feb 2011, 04:36
The Joker could kidnap Jack Ryder (or Gordon.. *wink wink*) and Batman has to come to the rescue.
When Batman arrives the Joker tries to mess with his mind using a mirror maze and maybe fear gas.
Yeah?

OH i never thought of that.. fear gas + joker house= haunted house.. I LIKE!

Old_BenKenobi
16th Feb 2011, 05:43
Maybe instead of having the fear gas segments we'll have segments where we have to navigate the funhouse.

riddleme
16th Feb 2011, 09:00
An asylum is already a scary, eery place just on principle alone. It would not be easy to create the same effect in this funhouse....but it could be done and I hope they do it.

gazzilla8000
16th Feb 2011, 10:24
I said this a few weeks ago, but I want there to be a tunnel of love. The water frozen into ice, it could be where Mr. Freeze hangs out. A frozen Tunnel of love would also be an apt metaphor for Freeze's own heart.

Turn and Face the Strange
16th Feb 2011, 13:34
An asylum is already a scary, eery place just on principle alone. It would not be easy to create the same effect in this funhouse....but it could be done and I hope they do it.

Except Arkham City isn't an asylum, so it would be quite easy to make the Funhouse seem scary and eerie in comparison :)

Batman The Trailer Hunter
16th Feb 2011, 15:20
Its like a haunted funhouse

DarkKnightReturns
16th Feb 2011, 16:05
I don't know about you guys, but I'd be absolutely psyched if Rocksteady went out of their way to make the funhouse similar to the carnival in The Killing Joke, or even the one from The Dark Knight Returns. Could you imagine a part of the game where you're going on a ride similar to the one Gordon was on in The Killing Joke? That would freak me out.

DarkKnightDanny
16th Feb 2011, 17:25
When i was very very young i think i read a Batman book that saw Batman being surrounded by mirrors in a funhouse, and im sure all the mirrors were filled with jokers....... i think...maybe.

mwkcope
16th Feb 2011, 22:26
The Killing Joke. 'Nuff said.

TheBrandon
20th Feb 2011, 03:04
Yeah?

Barbara Gordon haha

mwkcope
20th Feb 2011, 03:22
Barbara Gordon haha

Welcome Back.:)

Imagine if you saved Oracle by the time you go here,and she has a hard time while she's helpin' ya,due to flashbacks.

butterskenny
20th Feb 2011, 03:43
I said this a few weeks ago, but I want there to be a tunnel of love. The water frozen into ice, it could be where Mr. Freeze hangs out. A frozen Tunnel of love would also be an apt metaphor for Freeze's own heart.

I might have said this already, but i really like this idea

HA_laughingfish_HA
20th Feb 2011, 06:43
Imagine if you saved Oracle by the time you go here,and she has a hard time while she's helpin' ya,due to flashbacks.

or because there are stairs.

mwkcope
20th Feb 2011, 07:21
or because there are stairs.

What?

HA_laughingfish_HA
20th Feb 2011, 08:34
What?

wheelchair joke.
I'm going to hell :hmm:

jerren
20th Feb 2011, 13:44
The Killing Joke. 'Nuff said.

Should they also include those little munchkin men with the big eyes?

mwkcope
20th Feb 2011, 16:48
Should they also include those little munchkin men with the big eyes?

Maybe more realistic versions of them.

martian1127
21st Feb 2011, 14:41
That picture is amazing. I bet you the funhouse is going to be dark and spooky. It will probably require some skill to make it threw and complete certain task. But once the player does it enough, it will become second nature. For all we know, this could just be an outside shot. Who knows, that's on the inside. We can imply that the funhouse will be located inside a theme park. But how sizable will the theme park be and how big will the fun house be?

Here is why I think it's going to be a big area. In the trailer we saw a coaster car making it's way inside the fun house. We will probably see it inside the game. The coaster ride will probably act as some sort of obstacle that Batman has to get by. Joker's goons will probably use it to their advantage. Numerous times, they will probably ride on it with guns and try and shoot Batman as he makes his way threw the place. Like everything else, there is always a way to make things easier. Like we did in the Botanical Gardens, there could easily be a way to turn off the power inside the fun house. But lets add a twist. Turning off the power inside the funhouse could make things harder for Batman. Yes, the coaster car will not be usable for Joker's goons, but it may give them the advantage sense Batman is not familiar with the place.

See what I'm getting too. It would all come down to a matter of choice. That's an element that would make this game better.

Hoodedclaw
21st Feb 2011, 16:01
Hmmmmm? This game looks cool. And i'd like to see a more haunted game aswell. x

andries.alexandru
21st Feb 2011, 17:40
That picture is amazing. I bet you the funhouse is going to be dark and spooky. It will probably require some skill to make it threw and complete certain task. But once the player does it enough, it will become second nature. For all we know, this could just be an outside shot. Who knows, that's on the inside. We can imply that the funhouse will be located inside a theme park. But how sizable will the theme park be and how big will the fun house be?

Here is why I think it's going to be a big area. In the trailer we saw a coaster car making it's way inside the fun house. We will probably see it inside the game. The coaster ride will probably act as some sort of obstacle that Batman has to get by. Joker's goons will probably use it to their advantage. Numerous times, they will probably ride on it with guns and try and shoot Batman as he makes his way threw the place. Like everything else, there is always a way to make things easier. Like we did in the Botanical Gardens, there could easily be a way to turn off the power inside the fun house. But lets add a twist. Turning off the power inside the funhouse could make things harder for Batman. Yes, the coaster car will not be usable for Joker's goons, but it may give them the advantage sense Batman is not familiar with the place.

See what I'm getting too. It would all come down to a matter of choice. That's an element that would make this game better.

Man, remember that Batman has Detective Vision !!!:rasp: He can see even it's dark or he is not familiar with the place. I like you're ideas though.

martian1127
22nd Feb 2011, 01:54
Man, remember that Batman has Detective Vision !!!:rasp: He can see even it's dark or he is not familiar with the place. I like you're ideas though.

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoy my ideas. I have an obsession with theme parks and I kind of mix it when with a dark spooky theme. That's how I'm able to think of these things. For all we know, the theme park could be similar to the one we saw in Mask of the Phantasm. Joker and his goons may be isolated off in another part of the the theme park. The coaster car could be used as a transportation unit, in order to reach them. So for all we know, the power could be off and it's Batman job to find the circuit breaker and turn it on. But turning it on starts up the coaster car and alerts goons that Batman is getting closer to Joker. So it's Batman's job to navigate threw sections of the fun house, in stealth and sub-do Joker's goons. That way he can gain access to the coaster cars and reach Joker's location.