PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex news from GameInformer

Vasarto
15th Feb 2011, 22:34
So I opened this months issue of game informer and was delighted to see that HR got some pages about it with some new unseen pics I have yet to see yet.

So basically it explains the beginning of the story where the main character starts off in the lab as we all know but it points out some good details about the stealth action later on. Stealth is going to be heavy enough to make an large impact in the game and so far from the trails they had played. So is everything else. From selecting the augs that you can get for stealth like the one that makes you see through walls or even one I never heard of that shows the tunnel of vision people see in so I am assuming you can stay out of the enemies sight by knowing where they can and cannot see.

As for role playing "if any" elements such as skill points and level ups in the ability to hack or use guns etc it did not say yet. However this game is going to make a scene in the role playing in other areas such as decision making impacts the game in large ways. Even when you do not think you are making a decision at the time it apparently effects the game in other ways. So the way you handle about the level itself could alter the way the game works as well from what I gathered from the article.

So lets assume that I go about stealth killing people. I am assuming that just like in splinter cell if the body is found than the guards are alerted. Hopefully if they did not overlook this part like in SOOOO many games before it where you can kill people etc. They guards could be scrambling around or if in a high security area. Actually set traps or barricades behind doors. Find creative ways to lure the player into a trap "Have no Idea how advanced or innovative the A.I might be" IF they could just have the A.I similar to the guys in the game fear. Jumping through windows, Movement and using cover etc. Or more advanced stuff like what I mentioned. It could be possible that what you do in the game could effect the game in more ways than mentioned before and they still have a few weeks to make the last few tweaks to the game before its out on the 8th of march.

VectorM
15th Feb 2011, 23:59
For the 10000000th time, there is no official release date yet.

dxb
16th Feb 2011, 00:03
The only thing that is official about the release date is that it is NOT March 8th. Now scan that article immediately! :D

biofuel
16th Feb 2011, 01:23
I'd be amazed if its released before August

Rindill the Red
16th Feb 2011, 01:30
I hope it's after exams but before summer classes start.

dxb
16th Feb 2011, 01:41
I hope it's after exams but before summer classes start.

If it's not after exams, it better be waaaay the crap before exams...or I'm screwed.

BigBoss
16th Feb 2011, 02:24
HR got some pages about it with some new unseen pics I have yet to see yet.

that's amazing, it's so common these days that unseen pics have been previously seen.

dxb
16th Feb 2011, 02:52
that's amazing, it's so common these days that unseen pics have been previously seen.

Man...how did I miss that. I'm ashamed at myself for letting you get this one.
Especially considering I've spent the last hour watching Freeman's Mind...I should be on my A game.

IdiotInAJeep
16th Feb 2011, 05:17
Pics or it didn't happen.

dxb
16th Feb 2011, 05:21
Pics or it didn't happen.

It happened. All the magazines are getting new content now. The embargo only lasts until the 24th for the internet. It's already been lifted for magazines.

ZakKa89
16th Feb 2011, 09:47
scans please

Vasarto
16th Feb 2011, 10:22
For the 10000000th time, there is no official release date yet.

In order to get an accurate look at the mag, Save the pic and zoom in on it because photobucket does not have a good zoom option for looking at it. Second from the top.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/A4_Shadow_Fox/DeusExScan.jpg

Here is the Calendar for releases for the month of march. Its been common knowledge for about three months now that the release date was set for march but we did not know what date.

So from the mouth of Vasarto..or rather his typed words. FOR THE 10000000th TIME ITS COMING IN MARCH 2011.

Game stop told me this months ago and now Game Informer also says its march and gives us an exact date.
Now if you zoom in on the dates of the march 8th than you will see that is the Official release date and since its less than a few weeks away the chances of it getting delayed are slim to none.

Kodaemon
16th Feb 2011, 10:26
That's nice and all, but there's no official release date yet.

Vasarto
16th Feb 2011, 10:28
soo you do not notice the official release date for march 8th on the game informer?
You DO know GI is the worlds most reliable and popular gamer magazine right? If that was not the official release date than they would not state it as so.

Edit..The other sources I go to.

Gamespot
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/deusex3/similar.html?mode=versions

Vgamesreleases
http://vgamereleases.com/game/deus-ex-human-revolution/xbox-360/2916/

Digittrends
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/deus-ex-human-revolution-gameplay-trailer/

Giantbomb
http://www.giantbomb.com/deus-ex-human-revolution/61-21358/releases/

Kodaemon
16th Feb 2011, 10:32
Has the date been given directly by Square Enix or Eidos Montreal? No? Than it's not official by the very definition.

Vasarto
16th Feb 2011, 10:40
Does any video game release ever specifically say a date? No of course not. When a date is set by a major company its because that is what the devs told them it will be ready by. They do not need to actually say "Because they told us so" Why would GameInformer, IGN,Game Stop, and all those other web sites say march 8th when its two weeks away? Would you like me to have a recording or video of me calling my game stop and telling me that the game is coming out then?

Kodaemon
16th Feb 2011, 10:45
Does any video game release ever specifically say a date?

Yup. For example, The Witcher 2's official release date is May 17. This is the date given on the game's official site, by the devs in interviews etc.

Why would GameInformer, IGN,Game Stop, and all those other web sites say march 8th when its two weeks away?

For teh lulz.

Vasarto
16th Feb 2011, 10:53
Well I am gonna listen to what my trusted resources tell me. If they tell me a game is and its this close and they are still telling me that. I am gonna listen to them.

As it was said in the GI. They are making the last few tweaks to it to bring it all together before they are finished. So unless something happens than I know its coming out soon. GI and GS have never lied to me yet. At least this short of notice before.

Brockxz
16th Feb 2011, 11:13
Vasarto, i hope you understand how magazines have their articles to write month or even more before that magazine goes printing? We heard about delay to next fiscal year in late January so most likely that interview forego a few days before that when there was a set date to march 8.

[FGS]Shadowrunner
16th Feb 2011, 11:21
That's true, I art directed a national magazine once, I was working roughly 3 months in advance. 90% of the mag is ready a long time before, it's just jockeying for position with advertising space and corrections that take up the final week/s.

Info is always more accurate from the horse's mouth.

Early 2011.
To my mind, that is any time before June 21st.

Also, shops in the UK, if they are selling it on March 8th, they aren't aware of it.

VectorM
16th Feb 2011, 11:28
soo you do not notice the official release date for march 8th on the game informer?
You DO know GI is the worlds most reliable and popular gamer magazine right? If that was not the official release date than they would not state it as so.

Edit..The other sources I go to.

Gamespot
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/deusex3/similar.html?mode=versions

Vgamesreleases
http://vgamereleases.com/game/deus-ex-human-revolution/xbox-360/2916/

Digittrends
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/deus-ex-human-revolution-gameplay-trailer/

Giantbomb
http://www.giantbomb.com/deus-ex-human-revolution/61-21358/releases/

Yeah and Diablo 2 was once supposed to come out in December 2009 according to Gamespot.

Oh and according to the Giant Bomb link, the British version comes out on the 25th of February. Yeah, right.

Well I am gonna listen to what my trusted resources tell me. If they tell me a game is and its this close and they are still telling me that. I am gonna listen to them.

This is absolutely idiotic on so many levels. So you are going to trust a third party source, rather than THE PEOPLE WHO FREAKING MADE THE GAME!?

That's like me telling you "I am NOT dead" and then you saying "But this guy who I trust very much tells me that you ARE dead, so i believe him. If he says so, then it MUST be true".

The game isn't coming out on the 8th of March. DEAL WITH IT!

vallux
16th Feb 2011, 11:33
Shadowrunner;1568470']That's true, I art directed a national magazine once, I was working roughly 3 months in advance. 90% of the mag is ready a long time before, it's just jockeying for position with advertising space and corrections that take up the final week/s.

Info is always more accurate from the horse's mouth.

To my mind, that is any time before June 21st.

Also, shops in the UK, if they are selling it on March 8th, they aren't aware of it.

Well the fiscal year for Squeidos changes on April 1.(?) There will be some serious competition coming and the game is having is finishing touches put in. Not too long I hope.

Kodaemon
16th Feb 2011, 11:38
Alas, poor VectorM! I knew him well... well not really.

VectorM
16th Feb 2011, 11:42
At least you know that your trusted sources were right, Kodaemon.

ZakKa89
16th Feb 2011, 11:47

As it was said in the GI. They are making the last few tweaks to it to bring it all together before they are finished. So unless something happens than I know its coming out soon. GI and GS have never lied to me yet. At least this short of notice before.

Stop being stupid, NOBODY KNOWS THE RELEASE DATE. Also, it definitely won't come out in March!

vallux
16th Feb 2011, 11:47
At least you know that your trusted sources were right, Kodaemon.

Oh Burrrnn!!

Pinky_Powers
16th Feb 2011, 12:31
It makes the Press feel better to give a date and be wrong than to say "I have no idea when this thing will be released."

In the end, they're all a bunch of lying idiots.

[FGS]Shadowrunner
16th Feb 2011, 13:04
yes, a totally unprovoked invasion of a foreign country becomes a "war".

puzl
16th Feb 2011, 13:52

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, stop being thick. The game will be out when Square/Eidos confirm it. Anything you've read until that happens is pure speculation.

NKD
16th Feb 2011, 14:59
Poor Vasarto will never be able to show his face here again come March 8th.

Reven
16th Feb 2011, 15:36
20 days to gold-print -market-and sell a game ? doubtful. but i have a good question. has any major game ever been stealth released ? (and been successful) the only one i can remember in a haze is quake 3 arena for the ps2. nobody not even the ps2 mags had any info about it until it arrived in the post oneday.

VectorM
16th Feb 2011, 16:37
This is the first time I hear that game had a PS2 port, so I would imagine it was not that popular :D

[FGS]Shadowrunner
16th Feb 2011, 16:55
Food for thought...

DX1 was released on 26th June 2000
DXMP was released on 26th April 2001
DX SDK was released on 22nd September 2000
DX: IW was released on 2nd December 2004

It's the 10th birthday of multiplayer in April!

BigBoss
16th Feb 2011, 18:41
Why have the images not been scanned yet!

dxb
16th Feb 2011, 18:59
Why have the images not been scanned yet!

Hear hear!

vallux
16th Feb 2011, 19:16
I hear that too.

Ninjerk
16th Feb 2011, 19:34
I didn't think VectorM was capable of anger, just trolling.

Srosa
16th Feb 2011, 21:14
Would guys be mad if the game were released in March? :P

Mindmute
16th Feb 2011, 21:18

Not going to happen if you ask me, but after reading all of that up there, I'd laugh and pat Vasarto in the back.

Reven
16th Feb 2011, 21:54
March seems to be a big month for alot of games. just the thought of Deus ex coming out on the same day as the U.S release of dragon age 2 is foolish or a sign of suicidal overconfidence.

Pinky_Powers
16th Feb 2011, 22:23

I'm going to be mad if it's not released in the next five minutes. Just as I was mad that it wasn't released five minutes past... or fives months past. There is a part of me that will remain perpetually mad until it is installed on my PC.

Ilves
16th Feb 2011, 22:45
All I know summertime release would suck. Gaming tastes better in winter. ;p

dxb
16th Feb 2011, 23:23
I'm going to be mad if it's not released in the next five minutes. Just as I was mad that it wasn't released five minutes past... or fives months past. There is a part of me that will remain perpetually mad until it is installed on my PC.

I agree with everything said here, except for the pc part. There's no way my XPS M1530 can run DX:HR. Guess I'll be settling for the 360 version.

:(

Cronstintein
16th Feb 2011, 23:32

lol too true.

Rindill the Red
16th Feb 2011, 23:33
All I know summertime release would suck. Gaming tastes better in winter. ;p

U mad? Gaming is better in summer. Come inside after a hot and hard day, sit down in the AC and plug in a few hours of gaming as the sun sets outside the window.

TrickyVein
16th Feb 2011, 23:40
...but if you're cheap, or frugal, and don't pay for excesses like AC, your machine will fry in the summer. :)

Jerion
16th Feb 2011, 23:47
...but if you're cheap, or frugal, and don't pay for excesses like AC, your machine will fry in the summer. :)

Depends on where you are. Up here that issue is solved by a simple desk fan in the window. No AC required except on the hottest of days. :)

TrickyVein
16th Feb 2011, 23:50
Baltimore is actually considered to be sub-tropical. The urban-heat-island effect doesn't help any either. Did you know there is no seasonality to precipitation here? I didn't!

But you're right. It does depend on where you are.

Ilves
17th Feb 2011, 00:08
Come inside after a hot and hard day, sit down in the AC and plug in a few hours of gaming as the sun sets outside the window.

U mad? Summer sunsets are best enjoyed outdoors doing outdoory summery things.

And still, nothing beats nestling on the couch on a harsh, dark winter Sunday afternoon with the lights softly dimmed, your machine purring away, hot cocoa within arms reach. :D

Reven
17th Feb 2011, 00:09
We could make bets on when the release will be. my guess...April 18 or june 21 at the latest.

Srosa
17th Feb 2011, 00:10

Same. Especially when I read random people around the world is already playing it in fancy rooms filled wit Adam's posters everywhere, damnit.

GamerSam
17th Feb 2011, 03:38
Hypothetically speaking of course, if Deus Ex:Human Revolution succeed the pre-orders expectation. Comparing to other game's pre-ordering for March releases. Would Deus3 release by early set date? March 8th?

singularity
17th Feb 2011, 05:43
So from the mouth of Vasarto..or rather his typed words. FOR THE 10000000th TIME ITS COMING IN MARCH 2011.

Game stop told me this months ago and now Game Informer also says its march and gives us an exact date.
Now if you zoom in on the dates of the march 8th than you will see that is the Official release date and since its less than a few weeks away the chances of it getting delayed are slim to none.

... Just for the record, what have been the official release dates for Duke Nukem Forever released by Game Informer and GameStop? Surpirsed no one else has looked this one up...

And uh... Magazine deliveries are a little slow in my neck of the woods. Do we have scans on this anywhere yet?

Reven
17th Feb 2011, 15:09
According to the DNF first access club posters its coming out on march 3rd. but as i said in a thread around here someware, what would be a good month for launch ? and when was launch ment to be before the delay hit ?.

subtlesnake
17th Feb 2011, 18:09
DNF has an official release date of May 3rd. Human Revolution has no official release date.

Before DNF's date was announced, retailers dated the title as a January or February release, so - as in most cases - they had no real information, and were just speculating. Actually looking back, DNF has probably had 50 or more 'release dates' that retailers have put out to try to encourage pre-orders.

wilm987
17th Feb 2011, 19:14
I just realised that the tv announcer from the deus ex trailer is a man. good lord

Happy
17th Feb 2011, 19:42
You know what - the one question you all have not asked, and you really should be, is...

When will the patch be released? :rasp:

3rdmillhouse
18th Feb 2011, 01:21
I just realised that the tv announcer from the deus ex trailer is a man. good lord

WUT? The chick from Picus News is a man???? :eek:

[FGS]Shadowrunner
18th Feb 2011, 11:59
You know what - the one question you all have not asked, and you really should be, is...

When will the patch be released? :rasp:

LOL... This is Deus Ex, with so many choices and paths and different solutions to the same problems, I am quite sure a player will discover a way round something or bug something that the testers miss...

Reverse ILS would be fun, quicker than the elevator.

Kodaemon
18th Feb 2011, 12:12

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/4893/elizagrin.jpg

VectorM
18th Feb 2011, 12:23
Is it really a man? If so, great story Eidos, i would read it.

dxb
18th Feb 2011, 13:54
No, it's not. Her name is Eliza, which implies she's an AI.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA

3rdmillhouse
18th Feb 2011, 14:18
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/4893/elizagrin.jpg

Damn, what's with those small eyes? She looks like a retard.

wilm987
18th Feb 2011, 14:51
Just look at "her" :\

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_nuUTQ_grFWk/TAqDb-QQIeI/AAAAAAAACsM/_20r11uGJ1c/eliza.jpg

Sulix
18th Feb 2011, 15:18
It's a trap?

Happy
18th Feb 2011, 16:20
I will say this, though - she has nice teeth!

VectorM
18th Feb 2011, 17:37
No, it's not. Her name is Eliza, which implies she's an AI.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA

Oh, that's all we need, another AI character in the new version of a beloved old RPG...

AlexOfSpades
18th Feb 2011, 18:15
Its a woman.

I checked it.

Personally.

NKD
8th Mar 2011, 23:53

It's March 8th bro. Where can I buy the game?

Reven
9th Mar 2011, 00:03
It's March 8th bro. Where can I buy the game?

I hear EM are selling it out the back door go knock and tell me how much they want for it.

jtr7
9th Mar 2011, 02:19
I hope he didn't go into a store, not see the game on the shelves, and demand to know why it's not in stock, argue with the clerk and the manager, demand the name of the delivery company, call them up and demand to know why they failed to transport the game to stores...

NKD
9th Mar 2011, 02:50
I hope he didn't go into a store, not see the game on the shelves, and demand to know why it's not in stock, argue with the clerk and the manager, demand the name of the delivery company, call them up and demand to know why they failed to transport the game to stores...

LOL. I was just imagining him doing that.