PDA

View Full Version : Hoping Mutiplayer will make its way to Batman Arkham city.

TheBat
15th Feb 2011, 06:11
Yes I herd the sad news but its not that bad as Rock steady Knows best. All I ask Is when the game is finished can we still have Multi Player as Down Loadable Content? I think this would be the better choice because it would not break the game and would give them plenty of time to make Multi Player a good experience. I for one would love to play with my friend and have a tag team where we can run around Gotham and fight crime together to see who can rack up the most combos and best score. Also Muti Player will make the game Last alot longer so that way people won't sell there game when its finished.

Joseph Kerstein
15th Feb 2011, 06:53
Has there ever been a game that had no multiplayer to begin with only for it to be added in after the fact as DLC?

sintzu
15th Feb 2011, 10:25
Also Muti Player will make the game Last alot longer so that way people won't sell there game when its finished.

we dont need it to make the game last longer because its an open world and there is a lot of side missions and when you are done with all of side missions+story

you can go around in the city and beat up thuges any time you want

riddleme
15th Feb 2011, 12:01
The game needs to remain what it is....single player. Its a great single player experience. I see no reason to change the game, add multiplayer, and take resources away from what made the original one of the best titles in recent years.

Nemesis296
15th Feb 2011, 12:54
Also Muti Player will make the game Last alot longer so that way people won't sell there game when its finished.

Arkham Asylum has no multiplayer and I own two copies of it. Haven't sold either one of them.

Scarecrow007
15th Feb 2011, 13:16
Has there ever been a game that had no multiplayer to begin with only for it to be added in after the fact as DLC?

Dante's Inferno...though the game still sucked.

Batman The Trailer Hunter
15th Feb 2011, 14:51

That was co-op not multyplayer

HellfireBat
15th Feb 2011, 16:59
Oh well lets just wait till the 3rd game (if we ever get it)

Matches Malone
15th Feb 2011, 17:09
That was co-op not multyplayer

?? Coop is multiplayer. Multi is a prefix meaning multiple, meaning more than one. It doesn't have to be vs to be multiplayer it just means multiple people playing.

DarkKnightDanny
15th Feb 2011, 17:50
This topic makes no sense in the slightest seeing as though Sefton has just comfirmed no multiplayer...hehe

RIdah07
15th Feb 2011, 17:52
Arkham Asylum has no multiplayer and I own two copies of it. Haven't sold either one of them.

Same here...first release and then the goty version!

The game needs to remain what it is....single player. Its a great single player experience. I see no reason to change the game, add multiplayer, and take resources away from what made the original one of the best titles in recent years.

Same thought!:thumb:

MarleyMon81
15th Feb 2011, 17:59
Same here on owning both the original release and later the GOTY edition and still have them both. Have 100% on both and have never given a thought of trading or selling either one. Enjoyed the both to the max.

Some games are best left without MP as I don't think it is needed in every new release even though it is the en vogue thing for a company to include. I love the Assassin's Creed series and have enjoyed the new MP experience. Was it needed in the game to progress the story...NO. Would I have still bought it without the MP...NO DOUBT. I don't think it hurt the SP in the AC series, but I also don't think it was completely necessary for the longevitity of the franchise.

Was actually a bit relieved that we wouldn't have to worry about any MP achievements in AC though.

sintzu
15th Feb 2011, 19:57
Oh well lets just wait till the 3rd game (if we ever get it)

it has already been announced a long time a go

where have you been ? in a cave

http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=703

Jayngo
15th Feb 2011, 21:45
I can't agree one bit with this thread.

I am VERY happy there is no MP and hope there never is. Period. Batman works best alone. And so do I.

Billy Mays
15th Feb 2011, 22:22
dantes inferno had added multiplayer.

HellfireBat
15th Feb 2011, 22:36
it has already been announced a long time a go

where have you been ? in a cave

http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=703

Yes and that cave had no internet so I never got to know. :(

Joseph Kerstein
15th Feb 2011, 23:15
dantes inferno had added multiplayer.

Any other games besides this "Dante's Inferno"...?

jerren
15th Feb 2011, 23:19
Im glad there is NOT a multiplayer!! More time spent on single player is a good thing in my book

TheBat
15th Feb 2011, 23:56
Still hoping I can see Muti Player for DLC or the next game. The Batman and Joker scene was awesome even tho it was a concept. Now my wife is bummed because she wanted to play along side with me. They should of kept the main game single player and have multi when your not playing campaign. Challenge map co-op would of made sense so we can have an option. My wife wanted to play as Catwoman so much.

JD_Method
16th Feb 2011, 01:06
I feel indifferent on the news of no multiplayer.

I mean, I wasn't really hoping that it would be in the game but I knew if it was Rocksteady would have done it well and made it fun.

The game will be fantastic regardless.

JackWinz
16th Feb 2011, 01:57
Wait... You guys.. don't think.. maybe.. just maybe..
Rocksteady suddenly said there is no multiplayer, after they already confirmed it, just because of that video being leaked?..
It's a far out idea, but.. maybe..

mwkcope
16th Feb 2011, 02:01

Not that far out,actually.

Billy Mays
16th Feb 2011, 02:04
Any other games besides this "Dante's Inferno"...?
well RE5 added ONLINE versus if you want to count that. if not then i dont know but im sure theres more. just as production for arkham city started before arkham asylum was even released, im sure they've already started production on the new arkham, and im sure they know people want multiplayer.

Nemesis296
16th Feb 2011, 13:37
Wait... You guys.. don't think.. maybe.. just maybe..
Rocksteady suddenly said there is no multiplayer, after they already confirmed it, just because of that video being leaked?..

Oh, you just *had* to, didn't you? :rolleyes:

16th Feb 2011, 15:23
?? Coop is multiplayer. Multi is a prefix meaning multiple, meaning more than one. It doesn't have to be vs to be multiplayer it just means multiple people playing.

Co-op is limited to 1-2 players
Muliplayer ranges from 2-32 depending on the game

Matches Malone
16th Feb 2011, 15:33
Co-op is limited to 1-2 players

This is just false as there are may Coop games that offer 4 player coop.

Muliplayer ranges from 2-32 depending on the game

type "define multiplayer" into any search engine. This is what I got.

Definitions of Multiplayer on the Web:

* A multiplayer video game is one which more than one person can play in the same game environment at the same time. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplayer

* A Multiplayer Online Game is a multiplayer video game which can be played via a game server over the internet, with other players around the world.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplayer_(online)

* Requiring or having multiple human players
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/multiplayer

Definition of multi/multiple- Having, relating to, or consisting of more than one individual, element, part, or other component; manifold.

Coop & vs are both forms of multiplayer.

Billy Mays
17th Feb 2011, 00:00
well hes got the facts, and its a pretty obvious argument anyways...

BigBoss
17th Feb 2011, 00:05
I can't agree one bit with this thread.

I am VERY happy there is no MP and hope there never is. Period. Batman works best alone. And so do I.

Yes. I would be very upset if there was mp

JD_Method
17th Feb 2011, 01:59

Serious Sam offers 16 player co-op. :D

But yes, co-op is multiplayer. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise. :scratch:

17th Feb 2011, 16:01
[/COLOR]

type "define multiplayer" into any search engine. This is what I got.

Definitions of Multiplayer on the Web:

* A multiplayer video game is one which more than one person can play in the same game environment at the same time. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplayer

* A Multiplayer Online Game is a multiplayer video game which can be played via a game server over the internet, with other players around the world.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplayer_(online)

* Requiring or having multiple human players
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/multiplayer

Definition of multi/multiple- Having, relating to, or consisting of more than one individual, element, part, or other component; manifold.

Coop & vs are both forms of multiplayer.

Yes you are correct here. BUT the difference between Co-op and Multiplayer NORMALLY would be that Co-op (being 1-4 players as you correctly state) is MOSTLY offline played on a single split screen, where as Multiplayer is MOSTLY online or linked systems. I would consider the first Battlefront and Halo co-op games, while the sequels would be multiplayer games due to the online capibilities

EDIT: Wikipedia is a lame source :P

Nemesis296
17th Feb 2011, 17:05
[/COLOR]

Yes you are correct here. BUT the difference between Co-op and Multiplayer NORMALLY would be that Co-op (being 1-4 players as you correctly state) is MOSTLY offline played on a single split screen, where as Multiplayer is MOSTLY online or linked systems. I would consider the first Battlefront and Halo co-op games, while the sequels would be multiplayer games due to the online capibilities

I completely disagree. A better way to pose this argument is to say the difference between co-op and competitive multiplayer. Co-op just means 'working co-operatively with other players' (which could be up to how ever many players the game would support) Multiplayer as we know it most often is something like Call of Duty, Halo or some other game where it's every man for themselves gameplay, and it is a vs. match in every way, shape and form. Co-operative play requires multiple players to work together, while competitive multiplayer usually results in 'lone-wolf' style gameplay where the players involved usually feel they are better than others and do not need to work together to accomplish the same goal. Halo is a *prime* example of this, and it is present even when you are playing a team-based game. (Think about the time when someone 'stole your kill', that's competitive multiplayer. Now think about when playing the co-op Uncharted levels and how it doesn't really matter how many kills, or who killed what, because it's about completing the mission with the entire team intact; that's co-operative play.)

They really are two totally different ways to play games, and trying to tie in a possible experience with Arkham City just really doesn't work in my opinion. Co-op would require working together to accomplish the task, while the multiplayer (more strictly competitive multiplayer) would just seem like it was a 'team-based' game with other players trying to accomplish a goal, but it was all about who had the highest score, or the most kills, etc. etc.

Either way, depending on the game, co-op can be both offline and online gameplay; it just depends on how the developer decides to create the game. (Prime example of this is Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light; the entire game can be played solo, local co-op, or online co-op. There are elements of competitive multiplayer as well for 2 people, as you can either compete for the highest score, or you can just work together to accomplish the objectives and solve the puzzles. It's really the Jack of All Trades for multiplayer/single player content)

Matches Malone
17th Feb 2011, 17:31
[/COLOR]

Ok... online or offline that has nothing to do with categorizing a game as multiplayer. And you can't say coop is mostly offline, name more than one major release in the last 2 years that had only offline coop. Fable 2 didn't have online coop and that was considered very irregular.

Yes it is, but its better than your sources :P none. Its not like you can find multiplayer in Webster's.

There isn't an argument here and its less than trivial, so lets just move on & say when Sefton says no multiplayer he means no vs & no coop.

Joseph Kerstein
17th Feb 2011, 18:06
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men_Legends

Listed as Single-player & Multiplayer. No online capabilities whatsoever. End of discussion, Trailer Hunter. Sorry mate.

Matches Malone
17th Feb 2011, 19:56
I'm not arguing if for the sake of being right. I just don't' think people should think that when Sefton said "no mulitplayer" that it mean there could still be coop. No muliplayer means "uniplayer" as in single player only. I'm going off to trademark my new word "uniplayer" now.

Turn and Face the Strange
17th Feb 2011, 20:57
Multiplayer.
MULTI player.
MULTIPLE players.
MORE THAN ONE player

Co-op = MORE THAN ONE player

No Multiplayer = No Co-op.

It's simpler than it seems. And it seems simple.

17th Feb 2011, 21:34
Maddenn 2011 has offlne co-op and online multiplayer

Matches Malone
17th Feb 2011, 22:09
lol. I'm just gonna let that one walk on by.

ThtsWhtSheSd16
17th Feb 2011, 22:30
I'm just surprised this thread is still open... So you have it come from Sefton Hill himself that there's no multiplayer and yet, there's a thread hoping for multiplayer?

Can't we just end this discussion that has no bearing on the game, since once again, we've been told there is no multiplayer?

And for the record, Matches and the users of his ilk are correct. Multi = more than two. Co-op or competitive, online or offline...it's all inconsequential. They are all multiplayer. Just because offline co-op isn't perhaps what you think of when someone says "multiplayer" doesn't make it not multiplayer.

I just don't want this to drive us all apart - I want to keep our big, happy Bat-family together! Let's stay together for Robin! Uh oh, I think I just started another debate...

Joseph Kerstein
17th Feb 2011, 23:00
I'm just surprised this thread is still open... So you have it come from Sefton Hill himself that there's no multiplayer and yet, there's a thread hoping for multiplayer?

Can't we just end this discussion that has no bearing on the game, since once again, we've been told there is no multiplayer?

And for the record, Matches and the users of his ilk are correct. Multi = more than two. Co-op or competitive, online or offline...it's all inconsequential. They are all multiplayer. Just because offline co-op isn't perhaps what you think of when someone says "multiplayer" doesn't make it not multiplayer.

I just don't want this to drive us all apart - I want to keep our big, happy Bat-family together! Let's stay together for Robin! Uh oh, I think I just started another debate...

Gaaaah!!! I can't stand that Bat-fake! *rage*

/actually likes Robin, even if I beat them with crowbars

18th Feb 2011, 01:15
lol. I'm just gonna let that one walk on by.

Same here, no point in debating about the difference between co-op and multiplayer when we both know they wont be in the game.

Sorry for wasting your time :flowers:

Matches Malone
18th Feb 2011, 06:14
Same here, no point in debating about the difference between co-op and multiplayer when we both know they wont be in the game.

Sorry for wasting your time :flowers:

Wasting my time?! I thoroughly enjoyed debating with such a worthy opponent.

ThtsWhtSheSd16
18th Feb 2011, 16:33
Yay! A peaceful resolution! Have Alfred fetch drinks to celebrate!

JackWinz
18th Feb 2011, 17:39
Co-Op means one person plays and the other watches it is not multiplayer anymore than my face is are not what you said in where what right aren't they attempting to truffle, right?

18th Feb 2011, 19:59
Wasting my time?! I thoroughly enjoyed debating with such a worthy opponent.

Hah you havnt seen my best, you wanna discuss abortion or religion and then you shall see a true debate

Matches Malone
18th Feb 2011, 20:21
Well, on that subject with 2 people as bright as we are I'd like to think there wouldn't be much to debate about. :)

19th Feb 2011, 21:45
lolz

jerren
20th Feb 2011, 00:57
Can we please close this thread?..

puppet627
20th Feb 2011, 03:00
@Jerren: Why?
We know AC won't have multiplayer but there are still people who HOPE it will make it's way into the game.
And it, unlike your (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=116677) thread, isn't pointless.
No offense.