PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider™

Natla
12th Feb 2011, 08:59
Why is the title of this forum "Tomb Raider™" and not just "Tomb Raider"? Hasn't the phrase "Tomb Raider" been trademarked since about 1996?

brand.seph
12th Feb 2011, 13:12
Can't answer that.

brand.seph
12th Feb 2011, 13:14
In the Game i prefer the title to be Tomb Raider: A survivor is born or At least saying that it's a reboot on the back of the game Box.

Tuneit
12th Feb 2011, 13:39
Is it such a big deal?
I don't know, and i don't really care.

Keir
12th Feb 2011, 13:54
It is because we needed to differentiate this forum name from the other (original), in order to enable Google Analytics to track the traffic (meaning I can report back to the people in Brand because they like numbers). All I could think of without offending the Brand department would be to add the TM.

Hope that clears up the mystery.

Natla
12th Feb 2011, 14:06
Thanks for the explanation :).
Corporate law fascinates me (although I appreciate it bores everybody else.)

Andy64
13th Feb 2011, 20:24
The TM clearly differentiates from Tomb Raider (the original game) and Tomb Raider (the series as a whole).

I am glad to have the TM to distinguish it. I think though I will just call this one TRS (Survivor) for now as don't want this to take the title the original game earned and deserved.

Joshorty
15th Feb 2011, 00:42
The TM clearly differentiates from Tomb Raider (the original game) and Tomb Raider (the series as a whole).

I am glad to have the TM to distinguish it. I think though I will just call this one TRS (Survivor) for now as don't want this to take the title the original game earned and deserved.

Hmm ... not too bad there. TRS ...

Charlie.T.Raider
24th Feb 2011, 01:46
Agreed. TRS sounds good. Think Survivor should have been part of main title as it sounds better and fits with the other game titles.

LC is Me
24th Feb 2011, 02:15
I think the addition of a subtitle would take away from the fact that the game is a reboot and a fresh start from the beginning. The subtitle sort of takes away from "okay this is first" and adds more of a "there was kinda something else before this".

Best way I can explain it....It's like adding "II" to the end of the of the first movie in a series. In my opinion anyway. > o <

Charlie.T.Raider
24th Feb 2011, 02:18
Best way I can explain it....It's like adding "II" to the end of the of the first movie in a series. In my opinion anyway. > o <

There already was a Tomb Raider and a Tomb Raider II

LC is Me
24th Feb 2011, 02:29
There already was a Tomb Raider and a Tomb Raider II

That's not technically what I meant...but...ok.
:B

The point was that they are trying to differentiate between what was then and what is now. The addition of a subtitle is just pointless imo. > o <