PDA

View Full Version : Is open world complicated?

Cristiavano
7th Feb 2011, 21:15
heard it was open world. wouldn't it be ALOT of work and if it is give me a bunch of grenades so i can just blow the whole island up.(yes i've been having thoughts on breaking trees rocks everything!) also what do you think the first level will be. explroe the ship? and have adrenaline moments where you have swim out before a Shark eats you? and after that where will teh island level start assuming that there is a ship level. does that mean you could go back in teh water? if so what about teh "invisible walls" since there are barriers which would make it less "realistic" hopefully though if we do venture out to sea we at least get eaten by a shark or whale for a more "realistic" approach either that or stumble upon another island

a_big_house
8th Feb 2011, 06:47
I think you should definitely read the game informer hub updates, some of them will help you get a better idea of how the game works, the podcast espescially answer some questions :-)

BraveNewGuy
8th Feb 2011, 19:15
I hope that there will be no adrenaline mood in the new game TBH

Cristiavano
8th Feb 2011, 21:14

well i hope since my reflexes are a bit slow so adrenaline would give me enough time to attack since its free shoot

larafan25
9th Feb 2011, 22:02
well i hope since my reflexes are a bit slow so adrenaline would give me enough time to attack since its free shoot

I feel awkward when I watch the scene of Lara in the tech room getting attacked by the doppelganger due to how awkward it is to pull out guns (a ranged weapon) when the enemy is so close.

Perhaps a better reaction to a quick preemptive stick would be to punch, kick, slash, stab, etc....

Red Meat
9th Feb 2011, 22:27

I could never get it to work well anyway.. :(

Denis..
10th Feb 2011, 15:27
boring boring boring..
anything new?

the game won't be open world baby but for basically open w games like rdr or infamous..no they are not complicated at all..just it has a lot of things to do but with the gps map system most open w games have it's not complicated

Elliot Kane
10th Feb 2011, 16:04

I could never get it to work well anyway.. :(

Same. Adrenaline Dodge is an absolute nightmare on PC and adds nothing of any value to the game whatsoever in any case.

The only thing it ever did was to add hours of annoyance to what should have been simple five minute fights.

aussie500
10th Feb 2011, 22:33
Normally there is nothing complicated about open world games, but this is Tomb Raider, so no way are you just going to have the freedom to wander all over the island from the beginning of the game. You have to work for it! Probably at the end of the game it will be open world, at the beginning you get one bit to explore (once you escape) and will have to work out how to get to the next part.

I doubt we will be exploring the ship, or anything else in the water surrounding the island, they could easily confine us by just having Lara die if she goes in the water. Perhaps once you walk out far enough Lara will be dragged down by the currents to the bottom and drown, or it could be sharks or other nasty Lara eating creatures. There were no invisible walls in the water for TRU, the current just refused to let you leave the area.