PDA

View Full Version : TR9 - Game Platforms

Arwen31
7th Feb 2011, 19:50
I've just read an article on Stella's TR website about the plans for TR9 and it all sounded very exciting to me and I was looking forward to keeping an eye out for it coming out in the UK. THEN I read that it's only going to be available for PC, Playstation 3 and X-box. What about those of us that are huge TR fans and own Wii's, don't we get a game?????

I was given my Wii as a present last year, and I have enjoyed playing Underworld on it (I have older games on PS2 and TR1-5 on PC), but I can't afford to by another games console just for 1 game. And my computer is way too ancient to support any games on it. (That's why I had to buy a PS2 for Angel of Darkness). Does anyone know why they aren't making the new TR9 available for Wii's, or if they are perhaps planning to at a later date? Or is there someway I could contact the makers of TR and ask them these questions or perhaps encourage them to make it available for Wii. Thanks.

Ants_27_
7th Feb 2011, 20:09
It doesn't help that Underworld sold not very well and how many consoles was it on? It also doesn't help when prices will constantly increase the more they put into a game.

But another reason could be that one console isn't suit and booted to work with one aspect they want to work in and thus with that they might have to scrap it across board cause people would probably have a rant to why one version gets this while another doesn't.

Make sense?:scratch: That's my theory at least, not official word like.

Cristiavano
7th Feb 2011, 21:18
I've just read an article on Stella's TR website about the plans for TR9 and it all sounded very exciting to me and I was looking forward to keeping an eye out for it coming out in the UK. THEN I read that it's only going to be available for PC, Playstation 3 and X-box. What about those of us that are huge TR fans and own Wii's, don't we get a game?????

I was given my Wii as a present last year, and I have enjoyed playing Underworld on it (I have older games on PS2 and TR1-5 on PC), but I can't afford to by another games console just for 1 game. And my computer is way too ancient to support any games on it. (That's why I had to buy a PS2 for Angel of Darkness). Does anyone know why they aren't making the new TR9 available for Wii's, or if they are perhaps planning to at a later date? Or is there someway I could contact the makers of TR and ask them these questions or perhaps encourage them to make it available for Wii. Thanks.
probably not many people have complained about the dumbed down graphics and levels in the underworld so release and they would only average up on the amount of people who liked it

Underworld+Wii= the good(extra features like blow torches) the bad(features taken away,levels, etc.) and the ugly(graphics?)

Tuneit
7th Feb 2011, 23:47
This game might be too powerful for the Wii.
It looks like CD have put a lot of effort into the graphics, so i don't really think theyĆøll make a Wii friendly version of this game since graphics is something they really care about for this game.

Also, if the game will have the physics we're talking about here on the forum, then the Wii definitely couldn't handle it.

I personally hate motion-controles, i think it takes away the deep and wonderful atmosphere of a game like Tomb Raider.

I'd say, either upgrade your PC, or get a next-gen console.
Really, you don't know what you're missing out on :)

You don't have to buy it JUST for Tomb Raider, but hell, i'd have done it.

mushroom079
8th Feb 2011, 07:47
^^ Motion control style with TOMB RAIDER - ANNIV or even UNDERWORLD worked quite well - don't knock it til you've tried it!

I agree about the "UGLY" comment on the graphics for Wii.
XBOX 360 Legend and ANNIV + UNDERWORLD looKed excellent on XBOX.
I have UNDERWORLD on PS3 too.
Same same really.

But compared to wii - well worth the upgrade.

Have you priced an XBOX lately?
The 4GB are reasonable - and the hard drive is upgradable....
Bundle it with Kinect and it's even better value!

I love kinect.
Dance central goes off!

Cristiavano
8th Feb 2011, 21:15
i think the wii IS a current gen just a really stripped down version

gamecube parts?+ pretty casing and some new stuff=Wii

Pulse
9th Feb 2011, 00:05
These days its rather unfortunate to own only a single on of the current gen consoles. even if you own 2 then you are missing fantastic games on the third :(

Charlie.T.Raider
24th Feb 2011, 01:41
I can't afford to by another games console just for 1 game.

There are loads of great games for the 360 or PS3 not out on Wii. Use this as a reason to get one of the consoles.

Fickji
26th Feb 2011, 06:50
Considering the fact that xbox360 has kinect and PS3 has the move there doesn't seem a reason to go to the wii just for a motion controller gimmick.

However, they may export it to someone like buzz monkey like they did TRU.

All the good scary japanesse horror games are on the wii.

Denis..
26th Feb 2011, 07:20
there are great, great games on both ps3 and xbox360 consoles and u don't know what u r missing!
games like..
resident evil 5, tekken 6,for ps3 uncharted 2 and many many other epic games..
if u really want tomb raider guess what..
u will love other games too if u buy either ps3 or 360..

huh 1st time i don't use my fanboy crap..

LC is Me
26th Feb 2011, 17:38
*agrees with Antz and Tuneit*

The developers should focus more on the systems that can actually withstand a lot more than the Wii. Besides, in Underworld, they took a LOT of stuff out of the Wii version and it was even more of a cake walk than the other versions. It's like they dumbed it down. I was pissed.

Anniversary only worked so well on the Wii because it was a port of the PS2 version.

Get the PC version if you can?
I understand it sucks and you feel like you are only upgrading your PC or buying a new console for one game, but if you are going to neglect to get other great games out that become available to you, then yeah, you will be wasting money.

sirrap1
28th Feb 2011, 14:52
Here's my 2 cents

I bought UW & AV on Wii and playing was horrible. It was difficult controlling Lara with the nuchuck and after a few tries I just gave up. Like the OP I bought the Wii system as a gift for my son and as a huge TR fan I thought playing the games on this system would rock...it bombed.

Now fortunately we own a 360 and I was able to trade in the Wii version of these games at my local Gamestop store. I can definitely understand why they aren't making a Wii version, however it would be nice if they can release a download version for Wii owners. I think that would be a great idea. Wii have classic Nintendo games via download, why not Underworld?? The company can still make a few bucks while fans can experience the next gen TR game.

sok27
28th Feb 2011, 17:26
The current plans are for 360, PS3 and PC for the new Tomb Raider.

Cheers,

Scott