PDA

View Full Version : How bout some PhysX to make Tomb Raider More Beautiful?

brand.seph
3rd Feb 2011, 19:21
I'm more of a PC gamer than playing on Consoles and one of the reason is that there are some games with nvidia PhysX Mode, which will affect the graphics and gameplay.

I just thought, why not tomb raider have Nvidia PhysX
I mean, the ships Flag will freely flow around, and the Glass windows on the ship breaks freely, and the water and Smoke effects on Tombs and Shipwrecks.

Lara's HAIR flowing freely i guess?

What do you think?

Ants_27_
4th Feb 2011, 08:16
It would be a good idea for them to buy the rights to be able to use somebody else's physics engine as opposed to making their own as the past games have shown, there's isn't really breaking new ground and when you play games there are some fantastic ones now-a-days.

I always thought that this would be cool for the animations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euphoria_(software)

The one that Rockstar use as instead of when a player dies turning the body into a doll it'll basically animates the body to react with the environment.

based on a full simulation of the 3D character, including body, muscles and motor nervous system".

But I suppose it'll all be pretty costly cause they're not just going to say "oh use it for free" are they?:scratch: I'm not really that well upon on all that kind of thing.

Sam_kain
5th Feb 2011, 15:45
Since this is a reboot i think they probably want to make hit, of course physic would add alot, yet it is not no.1 thing for them, it is like spicy meals, a meal can be so good yet spice add more taste to it, so if we don't have spice it would still be a good meal right D:

The_Hylden
6th Feb 2011, 08:41
PhysX is probably going to be a given. nVidia makes constant upgrades to it and it's been in a lot of ports lately. They like to sell it and promote it as much as possible to developers making PC "ports" of games. The whole point of PhysX is to use it as an addition to whatever physics engine the game runs on.

brand.seph
6th Feb 2011, 17:36
Oh and speaking of which,

Disappearing Objects, Invisible Walls,

Not good, not good.
Hope i don't see it.

Ants_27_
6th Feb 2011, 17:42
Oh and speaking of which,

Disappearing Objects, Invisible Walls,

Not good, not good.
Hope i don't see it.

That I agree with pal!;)

Tuneit
7th Feb 2011, 11:15
But I suppose it'll all be pretty costly cause they're not just going to say "oh use it for free" are they?:scratch: I'm not really that well upon on all that kind of thing.

They just need to buy the software i guess.
I've used Endorphin (similar to Euphoria, developed by the same company etc.) for a long time and i noticed when you want to download the software, you have answer to a lot of questions, asking what you want to use the software for, if you're working for a company that wants to use the software and stuff like that.

I guess it's the same thing for Euphoria.

I don't really know for sure, i don't have any experience with that kinda stuff at all (Obviously)

Ants_27_
7th Feb 2011, 20:11
They just need to buy the software i guess.
I've used Endorphin (similar to Euphoria, developed by the same company etc.) for a long time and i noticed when you want to download the software, you have answer to a lot of questions, asking what you want to use the software for, if you're working for a company that wants to use the software and stuff like that.

I guess it's the same thing for Euphoria.

I don't really know for sure, i don't have any experience with that kinda stuff at all (Obviously)

True as I have no real idea cause I've never used them at all but it just made sense from the in-experienced point of view.:)