PDA

View Full Version : Third-Person Perspective

SyphonX
31st Jan 2011, 07:05
I'm surprised this topic hasn't come up before.

Anyway, I think TP is fine, even the hybrid version. As the videos show that the animations, filter-work and textures are nice to look at, so I wouldn't mind the mix-up of first and third-person views.

What are you thoughts people, since this topic hasn't occurred yet?

pi r squared
31st Jan 2011, 07:11
I hope you're being sarcastic or that this is a wind up, because if not you're going to get torn to shreds...

This topic has come up a million times before.

MaxxQ1
31st Jan 2011, 07:12

Anyway, I think TP is fine, even the hybrid version. As the videos show that the animations, filter-work and textures are nice to look at, so I wouldn't mind the mix-up of first and third-person views.

You're joking, right?

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=114845

Not to mention, countless other threads and/or discussions on this very subject over the past couple years.

Also, from this thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=115406

First-person vs. third-person:

Deus Ex had plenty of third-person in cut-scenes.

Third-person perspective ruins immersion.

Make third-person optional.

Make the entire game third-person.

Third-person *is* optional - as long as you don't go into cover, don't climb ladders, never use takedowns, and avoid the use of certain augmentations.

I don't wanna see Adams ass.

Cool moves.

If I want to watch a movie, I'll rent/pirate a movie from Blockbuster/Netflix/Pirate Bay.

Switching between FPS and TPS all the time will be too jarring.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines had third-person takedowns, and it worked well.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines had third-person takedowns, and it sucked.

Read the FAQ.

Third-person doesn't ruin immersion.

Jerion
31st Jan 2011, 07:14

Duuuuude, you must be new here. :hmm:

MaxxQ1
31st Jan 2011, 07:18
Duuuuude, you must be new here. :hmm:

Thread moved/merged/locked.

Post(s) moved/merged/locked/deleted.

In before the move/merge/lock/deletion.

BigBoss
31st Jan 2011, 07:20
He only has 9 posts, give him a break

MaxxQ1
31st Jan 2011, 07:30
He only has 9 posts, give him a break

Your point?

The first thread I linked to is currently only seven threads below this one (10 after this one gets bumped up after my post).

You mean he couldn't possibly have seen that, when he implied by his OP that he had at least *looked* for a thread on this subject?

Besides, shameless hack that I am, I wanted to promote my Copy and Paste thread and have a little fun.

Anyway, back on ignore for you.

Kodaemon
31st Jan 2011, 08:13
I'd say this is intentional trolling, the third line of the opening post kind of makes it obvious.

BigBoss
31st Jan 2011, 08:26
Your point?

The first thread I linked to is currently only seven threads below this one (10 after this one gets bumped up after my post).

You mean he couldn't possibly have seen that, when he implied by his OP that he had at least *looked* for a thread on this subject?

Besides, shameless hack that I am, I wanted to promote my Copy and Paste thread and have a little fun.

Anyway, back on ignore for you.

AlexOfSpades
31st Jan 2011, 12:50
I'd say this is intentional trolling, the third line of the opening post kind of makes it obvious.

Yea, thought the same

MaxxQ1
31st Jan 2011, 16:57

Yea, thought the same

Of course it is, but shameless self-promotion is my middle name. I'm gonna take advantage of it every chance I get.

I'm such a whore.... :D

ZakKa89
31st Jan 2011, 17:23
http://images2.memegenerator.net/willy-wonka/ImageMacro/2895618/You-must-be-new-here.jpg

JCpies
31st Jan 2011, 19:13
Nah, he's just a trololol, he repeats the 'topic hasn't occurred yet' line, intentional troll is intentional.

mad825
31st Jan 2011, 19:23
We could just pretend that the topic is new, right? you know, we all had fun. :D

[FGS]Shadowrunner
31st Jan 2011, 19:36
As long as I can non-lethally takedown socially misaligned and politically misinformed people without having to kill them I don't care how I do it. Jensen was a cop, so was JC. I think there will be incentive for Jensen to use his brain in the game. Besides, who needs a lockpick when you can blow doors off with a double-barrel shotgun, come on...

H.D.Case
31st Jan 2011, 20:00
No, there is no third person in this game. You must've been misinformed, don't worry, sleep well. You are very welcome.
NEXT!

CoDEllite
31st Jan 2011, 20:22
Shadowrunner;1560665']As long as I can non-lethally takedown socially misaligned and politically misinformed people without having to kill them I don't care how I do it. Jensen was a cop, so was JC. I think there will be incentive for Jensen to use his brain in the game. Besides, who needs a lockpick when you can blow doors off with a double-barrel shotgun, come on...

Sorry to take this thread offtopic. Although this didn't really interest me until now but I recently (after replaying Hitman Bloodmoney for the tenth time :)) thought about features that would be cool to have in HR. I know there are non-lethal ranged takedowns via some sort of dartgun or crossbow but what about non-lethal melee takedowns? Is that going to be incorporated or is the only melee takedown we gonna have is that messy and very lethal bionic arm though the chest?

pi r squared
31st Jan 2011, 20:43
What about non-lethal melee takedowns? Is that going to be incorporated or is the only melee takedown we gonna have is that messy and very lethal bionic arm though the chest?We've seen Jensen tap a guy on the shoulder and then knock him to the floor with his fist, in a non-lethal takedown. I seem to recall we've also seen him grab a guy around the neck from behind, Splinter Cell-style, but I may have dreamt that or it may be a lethal one.

Anyway, the way we understand it is that there'll be a button for contextual takedown - press it, it's non-lethal; hold it, it's lethal. Or vice-versa. Or something along those lines...

ZakKa89
31st Jan 2011, 21:38
Sorry to take this thread offtopic. Although this didn't really interest me until now but I recently (after replaying Hitman Bloodmoney for the tenth time :)) thought about features that would be cool to have in HR. I know there are non-lethal ranged takedowns via some sort of dartgun or crossbow but what about non-lethal melee takedowns? Is that going to be incorporated or is the only melee takedown we gonna have is that messy and very lethal bionic arm though the chest?

it's confirmed we can choose to do a nonlethal takedown or a lethal one :) .And Blood Money is awesome, keep playing that.

Watch the full gameplay video to see a non-lethal takedown in action. It's basically a rear naked choke with horrible technique.

BigBoss
31st Jan 2011, 23:07
it's confirmed we can choose to do a nonlethal takedown or a lethal one :) .And Blood Money is awesome, keep playing that.

Watch the full gameplay video to see a non-lethal takedown in action. It's basically a rear naked choke with horrible technique.

They really need to make a new hitman

IdiotInAJeep
31st Jan 2011, 23:14
With first person ladder climbing, takedowns and cover!

ZakKa89
31st Jan 2011, 23:50

They are

Irate_Iguana
31st Jan 2011, 23:50

It's in the works. No clue when it will be delivered.

BigBoss
1st Feb 2011, 00:17
With first person ladder climbing, takedowns and cover!

Actually, take downs would be nice. It would be more cool to watch than the same disarm/punch the guy in the head twice animation

jtr7
1st Feb 2011, 01:27
Even if the takedowns are the same animation over and over, too?

BigBoss
1st Feb 2011, 06:15
At least they would be more fluid than this nonsense:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybW8CtCTbBU
and that's not even a realistic punching animation. Who would honestly swing like that?

BigBoss
1st Feb 2011, 06:27
Also it could add to the tension that 47 has to take down a guy, similar to lock picking drama. Not as boring if nothing is happening, they could still make them visceral. Say what you will about 007 Bloodstone, but that game did takedowns in a pretty awesome way.

edit: Sorry double post. I really need to stop doing that.