PDA

View Full Version : PS Move support in Tomb Raider?

Pietras
31st Jan 2011, 02:20
I'm not really into motion control stuff and all. But if there's one thing that makes hella lot of sense to me it would be support for PlatStation's Move controller. Lara will have many many weapons and tools in TOMB RAIDER that are just perfect for Move - bow, machette, pickaxe, rope. Not to mention that aiming's now going to be manual so it's another gameplay element perfect to utilize with Move.

AdobeArtist
31st Jan 2011, 04:24
I'd be worried about people injuring themselves playing Tomb Raider when trying to perform the acrobatics through the Kinect interface :lmao::lmao: :nut::nut:

brand.seph
31st Jan 2011, 13:33
I'd be worried about people injuring themselves playing Tomb Raider when trying to perform the acrobatics through the Kinect interface :lmao::lmao: :nut::nut:

LOL, But he's right, it would make sense if it would support PS Move.
Motion control is the one which Uncharted uses ya?
If it is, then it would be a great idea.

Pietras
31st Jan 2011, 16:50
I wasn't talking Kinect. It's completly useless for any games other than some casual sports stuff. But Move would actually make sense with the new Tomb Raider

Motion control is the one which Uncharted uses ya?
If it is, then it would be a great idea.
No, Uncharted doesn't use Move (if that's what you're asking). And I don't get why would anyone need Uncharted's "verification" to implement Move support.

Gemma_Darkmoon_
31st Jan 2011, 17:23
I am not really in to motion control and don't think it could add that much to TR.

dark7angel
31st Jan 2011, 18:16
I am not really in to motion control and don't think it could add that much to TR.

My thoughts exactly!

Pietras
31st Jan 2011, 20:10
I'm not into that either but even I see obvious potential for Move considering the specific kind of arsenal of weapons and items Lara have in this Tomb Raider.

AdobeArtist
31st Jan 2011, 22:21
I wasn't talking Kinect. It's completly useless for any games other than some casual sports stuff. But Move would actually make sense with the new Tomb Raider

Duuuuude, I was joking :rasp:

Cristiavano
31st Jan 2011, 23:09
;o hehe i don't own any consoles but is ps move a bit like kinect? so anyway if it is i would love to do acrobatics (i can do a cartwheel and a 1/2 second handstand but thats about it) xD but yeah or i could get allison carrol to play the game (wherever she may be) OH does that mean we can control our deaths? like control lara when shes dying like you have to fall on the floor... but i know its a joke

Pietras
31st Jan 2011, 23:17
;o hehe i don't own any consoles but is ps move a bit like kinect?
Move is based on two elements - the camera (PLayStation Eye) that is similar to Kinect in the way that it captures movement and voice. But then there's actual controller - PlasyStation Move, which is basically extremly advanced version of Wiimote with DualSchock-like buttons. The PS Eye captures Move controller's movement. So basically, it's more like Wiimote + Kinect in one:

s9ybHddDMgM

Cristiavano
31st Jan 2011, 23:20
Move is based on two elements - the camera (PLayStation Eye) that is similar to Kinect in the way that it captures movement and voice. But then there's actual controller - PlasyStation Move, which is basically extremly advanced version of Wiimote with DualSchock-like buttons. The PS Eye captures Move controller's movement. So basically, it's more like Wiimote + Kinect in one:

s9ybHddDMgM

then thats no fun then xD i would like to be able to acutally rip the body parts of our enemies like lets say once they're dead we can drag their body kick them around step on the skulls and chest and anything

Ants_27_
2nd Feb 2011, 19:15
then thats no fun then xD i would like to be able to acutally rip the body parts of our enemies like lets say once they're dead we can drag their body kick them around step on the skulls and chest and anything

If your serious, leave that kind of thing to the talented guys over in Japan, behind the latest in the MGS saga.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF3JaUum4Pw (around 1:40)

Apparently that's due to have Playstation Move support, or at least I remember reading something about it.

Fickji
7th Feb 2011, 06:28

"Cough" Wii's TR Anniversary "Caugh"

Could do a specific TR minigame like for Sly Cooper Collection.

Abdullah10
7th Feb 2011, 09:57
i would like to see it
but i think they would have to do alot of work

Tuneit
7th Feb 2011, 13:20

That doesn't make any sense at all...
Why would Lara rip dead enemies apart?
I think Dead Space or Dead Rising would suit you better.

As for PS Move, it would work out just fine, but no, I wouldn't buy it.
I hate motion controles, i prefer sitting in my couch with some Coke (yeah Coca Cola :P) and chips, and just enjoy the great adventure.

mr croft lopez
8th Feb 2011, 14:55
They can do both regular controls & the move. I for 1 would not touch or buy the move period. But for people who like the move, go for it :)

RoombelinaUK
8th Feb 2011, 16:49

What...? :/ Seriously, how old are you?

Tuneit
8th Feb 2011, 20:16

:thumb:

Cristiavano
8th Feb 2011, 21:08

an age where there is creativity that is up to you to assume. Anyway whats dead space and the other thing? if it includes men then count me out hehe im a guy whos a feminist for some odd reason. Lara has inspired me since she can beat up men and kill them and doesn't care.

Tuneit
8th Feb 2011, 22:15
if it includes men then count me out

Uh?
So you judge the game because of it's main-characters sex?
Really, that's just... Nevermind.....

Anyway, you should search Dead Space on YouTube, i'm sure you'll like it.
Then search Dead Rising, i'm sure you'll like that too. Both violent and very bloody games.

Cristiavano
9th Feb 2011, 00:40
Uh?
So you judge the game because of it's main-characters sex?
Really, that's just... Nevermind.....

Anyway, you should search Dead Space on YouTube, i'm sure you'll like it.
Then search Dead Rising, i'm sure you'll like that too. Both violent and very bloody games.

ew i don't like sci fi either that or i looked at the wrong thing besides i don't see any tomb raider and finding your goal but i only watched like 3 seconds of a trailer and so far not impressed :/

Jason Miller
9th Feb 2011, 19:12
ew i don't like sci fi either that or i looked at the wrong thing besides i don't see any tomb raider and finding your goal but i only watched like 3 seconds of a trailer and so far not impressed :/

LMAO none of your posts make any sense...:confused:

Cristiavano
9th Feb 2011, 20:59
LMAO none of your posts make any sense...:confused:

someone brought up a dead video game. or whatever since apparently i like my games to be realistic sort of. heres the time line of the discussion i've had

realistic guts,rip guts out smash skulls which lara can do > dead video game? > me not liking the video game> Jason Miller LMAO none of your posts make any sense...:confused:

Tuneit
9th Feb 2011, 23:19

"Ew i don't like Sci-Fi" WTF!?
What's up witht he ew? It's not puke, don't disrespect a specific genre just because you don't like it.

And no, it isn't like Tomb Raider, but do you want an action adventure game or do you want complete madness?

The whole "AUGONJICRUNJ UREALISTIC CRAZY VIOLENCE BLABLABLA" **** you're talking about isn't needed in the new Tomb Raider game, it just wouldn't fit in at all.

Also, Dead Rising isn't Sci-Fi, only Dead Space, you didn't tell what you think of Dead Rising :P

I'm laughing my ass off everytime you say you want to game to be realistic, and then you say you want to kick dead bodies around like they're some sort of ragdoll, crush skulls and rip guts out.

All of that is really unrealistic.

Yes even kicking dead enemies around, if there was a dead body laying on the ground, lets say an average male, if you kicked that body how much do you think the body would move?

1-2 centi-meters max.
It wouldn't be much fun doing that in a game...

You really need to learn about the laws of physics.

naraku
11th Aug 2011, 02:17
Oh, good, there's a thread for it! I was about to start a whole new thread about motion control and the move and its effects on TR's gameplay.

Anyhow, I bought said PS Move with Soccom4 bundle and can mention how awkward it was from day one, and can attest how much faster it actually is to use a old-fashion dual-shock 3 to pass the game. My next of kin was hooked on soccom4 and is up to 57% completion, where as I'm barely 1/4 of the game through. I hate lining the thing up to the eye-toy every time I use it in order to calibrate the thing. However once all the annoyances are out of the way and learning curve kicks in, and does sort of become second nature, with the exception of the awkward d-pad placement and the shifting of button functionality from dual shock norms. What's even more confusing is the redundancies of having more than one x button and square button. I hate the gun because of that. It has buttons galore. There's more I dislike and some praises, that said I wonder if Tomb Raider will be like Heavy Rain with the move update.

I can't speak for Kinnect, though I want one for my windows 7 systems minus the Xbox. From what I've read and seen regarding it I can't see myself hand-standing or pretending to climb ledges or jump chasms that aren't physically there in my living space, only to hurt myself with furniture.

Driber
11th Aug 2011, 08:28
Lara will have a bow and arrows in the new game, so PS Move sounds like a perfectly legitimate possibility :)

dark7angel
11th Aug 2011, 09:08
I can't say for sure, but I think in one of the interviews I saw with Karl he said that the new TR game was not going to support PS Move or Kinect! It was some time ago, so I don't really remember which interview it was and I could be mistaken but I am almost sure Karl said something like this...

RosePetals
12th Aug 2011, 03:18
(I am going to try and forget how TRA's Wii version was a total nightmare.) :p

I guess the free aim system would work out well with the PS Move, but I think players will have a hard time moving Lara around with the Move. Most TR fanatics are used to the idea of left analog stick = movement and right analogue stick = camera.

It would also be such a hassle to switch between controllers in the middle of gameplay. :lol:

If we're talking about free-aim system, I think the developers are going to adopt Uncharted's shooting system. :)

As for the PlayStation Move, definitely a NO. :D

dark7angel
12th Aug 2011, 08:36
For me, there's nothing like a classic controller!!! PS Move wouldn't really add anything to the game experience, IMO.

d1n0_xD
12th Aug 2011, 12:17
^ Yeah, stick to the regular console controllers and mouse/keyboard :D

IvanaKC
12th Aug 2011, 15:30
Well, it can't hurt if they try. There should be a support for PS move/Kinect, BUT a player should always be able to choose to play with a controller.

Treeble
12th Aug 2011, 15:58
I support the idea, although I haven't found a good reason to get Move myself. I have a Wii, though, and thoroughly enjoyed the Tomb Raider games released on it. Yes, I know that Underworld is just a fragment of the actual game, but that didn't prevent me from having fun with it for what it was. The controls felt fluid (TRA, anyway) and controlling the camera by moving the pointer around was as good, if not better, than using a second analogue stick.

If its support is mainly conceived for ingame minigames (such as the tumblers and cogwheel puzzles from Wii TRA), then I guess it wouldn't be hard to implement an option to disable these/do them with regular Dual Shock 3 so players can still enjoy the full experience without Move.

Driber
12th Aug 2011, 17:54
I'm with you, Ivana. As long as it's optional, then what's the harm :)

naraku
13th Aug 2011, 01:53
Well I can choose to use the dual-shock 3 or the move on Soccom and they both work, so yeah I imagine they'd be for Tomb Raider too. Only thing is the controller setup shifts. The snow cone thingy moves the camera which was very annoying, especially on the gun, and the nun-chuck thingy moves the character around. D pad is beneath the stick. Not sure about the wii mote but from others here it sounds like it works almost identically to move. Only thing I hate about the wii is the batteries run low and need replacing. C-mon! Not so on the Move. Kinnect I have no personal experience with, but I would welcome it for the PC version as I hate using keyboards and mice for games. Especially the joysticks. So no worries about Move being an option. I assume Tomb Raider will be ported from an X-box version as that's kinda what happened with Underworld. It wouldn't take much to adjust it to Move, I assume! ??? If they don't that's just Lazy...

Driber
13th Aug 2011, 08:09
Only thing I hate about the wii is the batteries run low and need replacing. C-mon!

I'd suggest to purchase a set of quality rechargeable batteries.

I'm using 2500 mAh - 2700 mAh GP and Sanyo batteries. I only have to recharge them once every 2 weeks approx.

hiMe
14th Aug 2011, 19:12
I was discussing the likelihood of this too!

It would defo make me want to buy PS Move; especially through the use of *Lara Bows down a Japanese mutant thing*

Would feel empowering :3 but as an optional feature.

Nikki_Sheen
14th Aug 2011, 19:18
For me, there's nothing like a classic controller!!! PS Move wouldn't really add anything to the game experience, IMO.

This! I love a regular old controller. Don't need any of that motion stuff ! It just would take away from paying attention to the story, I think.

naraku
16th Aug 2011, 00:25
I'd suggest to purchase a set of quality rechargeable batteries.

I'm using 2500 mAh - 2700 mAh GP and Sanyo batteries. I only have to recharge them once every 2 weeks approx.

:hmm: Maybe I'll do that, but I rarely play the Wii anyways, so.......I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Thanks anyway though.

Driber
16th Aug 2011, 11:28
width='200'

Wow that's a really nice sig, naraku!

Did you draw that yourself?

Lara_Fan_84
18th Aug 2011, 23:57
I hope they wouldn't make it a requirement if they did at all. I don't want to pay an extra large amount to get the move for this game. I am happy with the controller. I think the PS Move would be a bad idea anyway, like someone else said, someone could get hurt.

Lara_Fan_84
18th Aug 2011, 23:58
This! I love a regular old controller. Don't need any of that motion stuff ! It just would take away from paying attention to the story, I think.

Double this. :D

Joshorty
8th Jun 2012, 02:13
Is it wrong to revive an old thread? Been a while since I was actively here. Was too gonna make a new thread but I googled and stumbled across this.

Adding to what naraku said, if the move support is done, the gaming experience can be very immersive (if that even is a word).

Resident Evil 5 move support is MUCH better than playing the game with the main controller. No longer do I have to press L1 just to hold a knife - instead, I just swipe. Simple as that. Aiming isn't as much of an issue as you're simply pointing at the knee caps to shoot, then running towards the enemy to perform a melee finish.

One of the best move support games I've played thus far's gotta be Heavy Rain. I never felt so apart of a video game in my life, especially the kind of situation the game puts you through. It put me in a mode of panic because I had to do something out of my comfort zone in real life, even though it's just a game.

If done right I think Tomb Raider would make a great Move experience.