PDA

View Full Version : My selfmade DX3 trailer

ivenoidea
28th Jan 2011, 22:32
Hey guys,

i made a trailer for dx3, please check it out and tell me what you think!

I put quite a lot effort in it.

http://youtu.be/33HR4x0hLMo?hd=1

And if you like portal 2 check my other trailer out:

http://youtu.be/7YWcBYvWnrk?hd=1

I hope this is not considered spam... i just wanted to show you guys what i can do^^

Red
29th Jan 2011, 00:49
1.) No, you didn't make a new trailer, you slapped new music over speed up'n'down existing footage.

2.) 2nd "trailer": Wow, overwritten the music of the trailer with DNF theme (but they actually licensed it from Prodigy).

Real wicked stuff there, man. -.-

Yeah. Sorry to ruin your party.

ivenoidea
29th Jan 2011, 01:00
1. its obvious i dont have my own trailer from ingame stuff -.- its kinda hard to get high quality ingame videos.
its not "speed up'n'down. I took the trailer and cut it differently so that it fits with the music (which i also cut to be shorter and fit)
2. same thing. its not the dnf theme, its just a song by the prodigy wich gearbox happens to be using in their trailer. and its not overwritten, the clips are taken from a lot of different trailers.
I never said i'm a professional, i just wanted to show you guys here what i did. kinda hoped for a nicer answer but ok -.-

oscarMike
29th Jan 2011, 01:23
Hey guys,

i made a trailer for dx3, please check it out and tell me what you think!

I put quite a lot effort in it.

Very nice indeed!
Great incorporation of audio and visuals.. both Portal and DX. You have a touch for it.:thumb:

ivenoidea
29th Jan 2011, 02:17
thanks! any tips on what i could improve? these are my first 2 videos so i'm still learning :D

sonicsidewinder
29th Jan 2011, 03:30
Dude, u remind me of myself during highschool days. Just playing around with video-editing software - good stuff.

Keep at it bro.

When u hit college take up Film or Media Studies. Download Adobe After Effects and you can do some wicked shiz with ur vids...if u got the guts that is :P

edit: If ur a big-grown-up and have already been to college forgive me for sounding all 'mushy' and 'kiddy' on ya. lol

ivenoidea
29th Jan 2011, 03:43
thanks man^^
yeah, i'll definitely stick with it. this semester i even have "film production" in school!
i already played around a bit in after effects but its a long way till i can make something really cool^^

you're right i'm in highschool :D
im in the us as an exchange student, where i'm from we cant chose our subjects and we just have boring ones, but here: film production, lots of music classes, photography, photoshop, its paradise^^ sadly i can just attend film production -.-

ZakKa89
29th Jan 2011, 09:12
Incredible stuff man. That song is in so many trailers but never get's old. (crysis 2, DNF, scott pilgrim).

The portal 2 trailer REALLY stops too soon though...

SageSavage
29th Jan 2011, 09:58
Audio and video in the DXHR-trailer were slightly out of sync at times, didn't do much for me. The Portal 2-trailer was cool though.

Red
29th Jan 2011, 11:31
1. its obvious i dont have my own trailer from ingame stuff -.- its kinda hard to get high quality ingame videos.
its not "speed up'n'down. I took the trailer and cut it differently so that it fits with the music (which i also cut to be shorter and fit)
2. same thing. its not the dnf theme, its just a song by the prodigy wich gearbox happens to be using in their trailer. and its not overwritten, the clips are taken from a lot of different trailers.
I never said i'm a professional, i just wanted to show you guys here what i did. kinda hoped for a nicer answer but ok -.-

You're new here. You'll get to know me eventually... ;)

IdiotInAJeep
30th Jan 2011, 03:02
We have "ways" of dealing with strangers.