PDA

View Full Version : Physic crash the Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY

ilidaan
26th Jan 2011, 22:16
Hi

I recently bought the game Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY version. I have problems with physics. If i set the physics at the highest settings the game crashes at the first meeting with the scarecrow.
The game itself collapses in the room where you fight first time with scarecrow. After a scarecrow start to break down the walls in bricks, and where the bricks should began to fly up in to the sky and around scarecrow, the game lockup to for a few seconds, sound continues (u can hear how the walls strat to break in bricks but the game is frozen), and then the game itself crashes without an error back to the desktop All drivers and physical drivers are updated to the latest version and i use Windows 7 x64. For dedicatet physics i using Ge Force 8800 GTX video card ( i have a sli system with 2 GeForce 8800 GTX). The game itself works very well it crash only by scarecrow. If I set the normal physics, the game does not crash. So what could be a problem?

Eidos Support
27th Jan 2011, 11:32
Have you tried disabling SLi?

Please upload your dxdiag and misnfo files to a file-sharing website and link to them in this thread. You can also email them to us directly at: techsupport@eidos.co.uk

[MSinfo]

- Click on the Windows icon located by default in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
- In the "Start Search" field, type in MSINFO32
- Press Enter. This will start the MS System Information Utility
- Once the Microsoft System Information window appears, click System Summary on the left-hand side and make sure it is highlighted.
- At the top of the window, click File and select Save.
- When the Save As window appears, choose to save the file to the Desktop.
- Enter the name as MSINFO, then click the Save button.
- Attach this file to your reply, or email.

[Dxdiag]

- Click on the Windows icon located by default in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
- In the "Start Search" field, type in DxDiag.
- Press Enter. This will start the DxDiag utility.
- Once the DirectX Diagnostic Tool appears, click on the Save All Information button at the bottom.
- When asked to where to save the file to, click on the drop-down box next to Save in and select Desktop.
- In File Name box towards the bottom, then name DxDiag.txt should appear. Leave this as is and click on the OK button.
- Click the Exit button to exit the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- On the Desktop, there should be a file name DxDiag or DxDiag.txt. If there is no file with this name, please repeat the steps above and make sure to save the file to the Desktop.

ilidaan
27th Jan 2011, 13:11
Have you tried disabling SLi?

Please upload your dxdiag and misnfo files to a file-sharing website and link to them in this thread. You can also email them to us directly at: techsupport@eidos.co.uk

[MSinfo]

- In the "Start Search" field, type in MSINFO32
- Press Enter. This will start the MS System Information Utility
- Once the Microsoft System Information window appears, click System Summary on the left-hand side and make sure it is highlighted.
- At the top of the window, click File and select Save.
- When the Save As window appears, choose to save the file to the Desktop.
- Enter the name as MSINFO, then click the Save button.

[Dxdiag]

- In the "Start Search" field, type in DxDiag.
- Press Enter. This will start the DxDiag utility.
- Once the DirectX Diagnostic Tool appears, click on the Save All Information button at the bottom.
- When asked to where to save the file to, click on the drop-down box next to Save in and select Desktop.
- In File Name box towards the bottom, then name DxDiag.txt should appear. Leave this as is and click on the OK button.
- Click the Exit button to exit the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- On the Desktop, there should be a file name DxDiag or DxDiag.txt. If there is no file with this name, please repeat the steps above and make sure to save the file to the Desktop.

Yeah I got SLI off because I use a single graphics card for video and another for dedicatet physics. Well while we at SLI, game works a lot worse if it SLI is and physics on, than if I turn off SLI and use one graphic for dedicatet physic. Why is so ? Well I already have contacted your support and sent my dxdiag and msinfo but I did not help anything what they suggested to me. It is interesting to me that the first edition of Batman Arkham Asylum with patch 1.1 have not eany of these problems as well as SLI has worked much better with the physics on ( High settings) as GOTY version....:scratch: Well any way I put this topic on the forum in order to see if anyone else have the same problems as me :(