PDA

View Full Version : Question about region on Xbox 360 ???

Socrates Liochi
26th Jan 2011, 21:02
I need to know if the Pal version of Deus EX Human Revolution for Xbox 360 is region free or not ???

I have a US console and i want to make the pre-order of the Argumented Version

Thxs in advance

GamerSam
27th Jan 2011, 03:02
Chances are..? probably not.

Since you have a US console why not pre-order at Gamestop or other retailers in the States just to be worry free. Beside, there hadn't been any words the US Augmented edition is any inferior to oversee.

ZakKa89
27th Jan 2011, 08:02
Well it is inferior. You see, In europe you get ALL content in the augmented edition. In the us, because of evil gamestop, you have to choose between 2 different editions if you want to have a special edition. Stupid gamestop exclusives...

Socrates Liochi
29th Jan 2011, 06:50
Chances are..? probably not.

Since you have a US console why not pre-order at Gamestop or other retailers in the States just to be worry free. Beside, there hadn't been any words the US Augmented edition is any inferior to oversee.

Simply because i live on Brazil

Gamestop don't send products to us

Other problem is in Europe i pay less like (ex: Deux Ex on US for me = 100,00 dolars on Europe = 70,00 dolars)

I hate this Region Locked crap that Xbox have

i know that if i have a PS3 things would be different, but i only have Xbox

I don't know what's the point in make hard to buy a product (maybe someday Microsoft see the problems the code region gives to us)

St. Mellow
29th Jan 2011, 12:43
(maybe someday Microsoft see the problems the code region gives to us)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Couldn't resist...

AlexOfSpades
29th Jan 2011, 13:21
Another sad brazilian joins the forum.

Seja bem vindo, cara. :D

I dont quite understand this Xbox region thing, as i dont own one. What's teh matter? Xbox locks certain games to certain regions? :confused:

St. Mellow
29th Jan 2011, 13:38
^ Ooooooh an avatar change. Looking good man. :D

CoDEllite
29th Jan 2011, 15:44
^
^
But I prefered the old one :( . Why did you have to change Alex.

AlexOfSpades
30th Jan 2011, 00:22
^ Ooooooh an avatar change. Looking good man. :D

Oooh a nickname change. Sounding good man. :D

CoDElite, heh, dont worry man, Lilith will come back to my avatar sooner or later.

In case anyone wanted, this (http://www.anime-legends.org/rei/gallary/lilith_by_rei_i.jpg) is my previous avatar.

And this (http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2010/008/2/7/Dracula_by_GENZOMAN.jpg) is my current. (Definitely worth a click.)

This forum really needs to allow us to put bigger avatar resolutions.

St. Mellow
30th Jan 2011, 01:09
This forum really needs to allow us to put bigger avatar resolutions.

Don't forget animooted too!

Romeo
30th Jan 2011, 05:10
Another sad brazilian joins the forum.

Seja bem vindo, cara. :D

I dont quite understand this Xbox region thing, as i dont own one. What's teh matter? Xbox locks certain games to certain regions? :confused:
Effectively, yes, North American/Australian games are coded different from Europeen games and Japanese are different as well. Why they did this, I have absolutely ZERO idea, because as the OP pointed out, all it does is make one leery of buying games that could be a different PAL coding.

GamerSam
30th Jan 2011, 05:56
Simply because i live on Brazil

Gamestop don't send products to us

Other problem is in Europe i pay less like (ex: Deux Ex on US for me = 100,00 dolars on Europe = 70,00 dolars)

I hate this Region Locked crap that Xbox have

i know that if i have a PS3 things would be different, but i only have Xbox

I don't know what's the point in make hard to buy a product (maybe someday Microsoft see the problems the code region gives to us)

This is just a guess, don't hold me to it okay. Bottom line is sales. You know, someone would make duplicates and send them to their buddies or obtain a copy through other means questionable method. So companies like Ubisoft or 2K has every rights to charge a little extra for their dlc as they see fit. Whether pc or consoles disc. That's why there such thing such DRM or region lock.
imho :scratch:

Socrates Liochi
4th Feb 2011, 06:06
This is just a guess, don't hold me to it okay. Bottom line is sales. You know, someone would make duplicates and send them to their buddies or obtain a copy through other means questionable method. So companies like Ubisoft or 2K has every rights to charge a little extra for their dlc as they see fit. Whether pc or consoles disc. That's why there such thing such DRM or region lock.
imho :scratch:

Ubisoft and 2K are 2 companies i never see use region lock :)

well it's been a while since my last post and i checked the last games released by Eidos

all of then are Region Free on Europe so i already make the pre-order

To AlexofSpades:

Opa valeu cara, tudo que envolve cyberpunk eu jogo, adoro a franquia Deus Ex, já encomendei o jogo vamos ver se não me estrepo por ter trava de região :wave: