PDA

View Full Version : Call to Arms

Aegrim
25th Jan 2011, 20:58
Against those people who bring up DX1 looking more like it's back in our time, compared to HR looking ahead of it.

I'd like to get a group of folks together to make a DX1 mod for HR that takes the graphics and gameplay from HR, and use them to recreate DX1's locations.
Can basically rip the speech audio straight from it, freshen up the soundtrack. Redesign the robots so they look similar to both the originals, and an evolution from those in HR.

Only thing i can work on however is the music, that's my thing. Not modeling sadly :(

Would also probably remove the sepia filter, like in the blue mod, would suit DX1 more.

Anybody who thinks they're up to it?

Crane
25th Jan 2011, 21:03
Oh, so it's confirmed there will be mod tools for HR?

AlexOfSpades
25th Jan 2011, 21:11
Oh, so it's confirmed there will be mod tools for HR?

Nope.

St. Mellow
25th Jan 2011, 21:36
Nope. Sadly. Tragically. WHY GOD, WHY?

Fix'd. :p

nordoM
25th Jan 2011, 22:39
Against those people who bring up DX1 looking more like it's back in our time, compared to HR looking ahead of it.

I'd like to get a group of folks together to make a DX1 mod for HR that takes the graphics and gameplay from HR, and use them to recreate DX1's locations.
Can basically rip the speech audio straight from it, freshen up the soundtrack. Redesign the robots so they look similar to both the originals, and an evolution from those in HR.

Only thing i can work on however is the music, that's my thing. Not modeling sadly :(

Would also probably remove the sepia filter, like in the blue mod, would suit DX1 more.

So essentially you want a group of people to step up and do a total coversion mod of DX for you, while you yourself can't contribute to the project in any meaningfull way?
Alrighty then...

Fox89
26th Jan 2011, 00:23
So essentially you want a group of people to step up and do a total coversion mod of DX for you, while you yourself can't contribute to the project in any meaningfull way?
Alrighty then...

It's the gamedev.net forums aaalll over again. They're full of exactly that.

singularity
26th Jan 2011, 00:43
I know this is kind of a sore topic... but have you been to Shanghi, Tokyo or Dubai recently? Just got back from Dubai about 6 weeks ago. Parts of the city look just as futuristic as DXHR... And that was 6 weeks in the past -- 16 years in the future, I don't even know what to expect anymore. And then doon't even get me started with Tokyo looking at things like augmented reality bus stations and advertisements...

Were DXHR to be modded to look like DX, it would basicly be a 1980's mod... Throw in a Depeche Mode soundtrack for it and I would be more interested... (hell, all the characters in DX look like they are either from the mod, goth or punk scene already...)

Sadly, DX -- due to graphical (and in my opinion, creative) limitations, decided that the world would remain locked between 1980 and 1999 forever, and the farthest our technological muscles would stretch would be to nano-tech and patrolling robots.

I understand high-tech, low-life -- But Deus Ex really was science fiction in name only... there were some scientific advancements, that were at the time fictitious.

Sorry, but if mod kits are included at any point, going back to the look of DX isn't what I'd be spending my time on. A blue filter is as far as I might go.

sonicsidewinder
26th Jan 2011, 01:52
Were DXHR to be modded to look like DX, it would basicly be a 1980's mod... Throw in a Depeche Mode soundtrack for it and I would be more interested...

lol. Would be awesome.

BigBoss
26th Jan 2011, 02:21

There seems to be enough purists here who complain about dxhr that this should be an easy team to assemble.

FrankCSIS
26th Jan 2011, 02:26
Well I was about ready to dust off the bayonet and head back to Dixie

Then I read the thread

jtr7
26th Jan 2011, 02:41
There seems to be enough purists here who complain about dxhr that this should be an easy team to assemble.

Not at all. Maybe you should start another thread against these so-called purists, who usually aren't even what you perceive them to be.

pha
26th Jan 2011, 05:32

http://ui18.gamespot.com/2897/whywouldyoudothat_2.jpg

BigBoss
26th Jan 2011, 07:53
Not at all. Maybe you should start another thread against these so-called purists, who usually aren't even what you perceive them to be.

Hey! You! .....again!............sigh