PDA

View Full Version : Kinda getting over the tiddles of info...

mushroom079
24th Jan 2011, 07:14
Kinda getting over the TINY tiddles of info...

Ima needing something I can really sink my teeth into.

I wanna see more of the PICS, trailer and Behind the scenes stuff....

They handled UNDERWORLD the best IMO - In regards to Site info and updates.
It kinda kept everything central.

I know it is early days - but at least we knew when the speculated release date was. So far - 2011 or 2012?
The game pics we saw of the game - PC or CONSOLE pics?
It's been little tid bits of info here and there - and I hate speculating.... :mad2:

Silvermoth
24th Jan 2011, 09:26
There's tons of pics and behind the scene info everywhere.

Also, the game won't be out til the end of the year likely so you have to give them time to build up to the release date.

chriss_99
24th Jan 2011, 11:57
The game is likely to be released in 2012. Karl Stewart said that the game's early in development. In my opinion, CD spilled the beans too early.
Uncharted 3 was announced with a trailer, tons of screenshots and, most importantly, release date.
I don't get why CD is rushing the game announcement if they're still in pre-production stage.

jtr7
25th Jan 2011, 02:55
Every post here is typical of a gaming forum, so we all must expect the same to continue forever. Yep. They will give when they say it's time to give. Exploding with excitement will always make interest wane rapidly soon after, and the hunger for more to grow in proportion, and make members impatient, pleading, and then demanding, and then angrily entitled, with threats. Unfed, members then chew on each other.

Scour the web to bide your time, and expect to wait months, not days or weeks between media releases, and be pleasantly surprised if the wait isn't so long. As soon as you are no longer able to distract yourself from the waiting--and there will be interminable waiting--step back a bit, knowing the impatience has inevitable outcomes, and the steps described require self-monitoring to avoid. Some are good at it, others aren't. 'Tis normal.

aussie500
25th Jan 2011, 04:28
Kinda getting over the TINY tiddles of info...

Ima needing something I can really sink my teeth into.

I wanna see more of the PICS, trailer and Behind the scenes stuff....

They handled UNDERWORLD the best IMO - In regards to Site info and updates.
It kinda kept everything central.

I know it is early days - but at least we knew when the speculated release date was. So far - 2011 or 2012?
The game pics we saw of the game - PC or CONSOLE pics?
It's been little tid bits of info here and there - and I hate speculating.... :mad2:

The only reason we knew the approximate release date (Christmas period) for TRU was some bean counter gave it away in a trading statement in Jan 2008. They hardly intended to officially announce a date that early in development, and have obviously made sure no such mistakes will be made with the next Tomb Raider game. We got the exact shipping (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3475.html) date in July. All the screenshots for the new game would seem to be Xbox 360, same as usual. You can see the controls for one of the interactive scenes. While we might not have seen as many magazines doing previews of the new game yet, we would probably not get anything new till almost E3 anyway. The only new things we were getting with the TRU coverage at this time was the renders used for the magazine covers. We were still looking at the same very early screenshots from Mexico, pretty sure we did not see the next area (Mediterranean) till July. After E3 the coverage started to pick up. E3 is in June this year, so not as long to wait. We did not even get the teaser trailer for TRU till July, so you might as well find something else to do while waiting. TR9 will not be coming out before November, so if we did not get it for TRU we are not likely to get it any earlier this time. And if we were lucky enough to get something earlier some would still complain. :rolleyes:

mushroom079
25th Jan 2011, 08:13
Thanks for all the replies - i get the wait. I don't like the wait. But I get it.
TRU was an awesome length of suspense - too long I felt at the time.
But still....

The pics and internet info is same same - and it's little bit's DRAGGED INTO A LONG WINDED DESCRIPTION!

I guess I maybe impatient - i just hate this waiting again.

I just feel it was a little too early to release to media when it's still not finalised to "that point" when it's full steam ahead.

I also think that a trailer is always a great starting point....
It gives a lot more visual aid and info for reference - then BLOGS AND STILLS.

Either either - I just hate waiting when it comes to TR.
I like to know what's going on for release date - trailer - ETC - so I can begin the count down TIL RELEASE. Everything else in between is a bonus!

sok27
26th Jan 2011, 00:03
Hi Everyone:

Thanks for the notes. We will be releasing more stuff in the coming months. We will also have some fun contests and giveaways soon.

The team is hard at work on the game everyday, and so far it looks great.

I know it's difficult to be patient, but we'll get you all information as soon as we can.

Hang in there, and thanks for all the support and comments. We read the forum, and we appreciate all of you and will do our best to make sure you have all the latest information.

Feel free to ping me anytime

twitter - @sokrox
email - sfernandez@crystald.com

cheers,

Scott

Cheese is nice.
26th Jan 2011, 07:25
Thanks man! I appreciate it! :D Yeah I know waiting sucks, but trust me, you will be soooooo much happier if it doesn't come pouring towards you.

mushroom079
27th Jan 2011, 07:06
Thanks Sok.

It's so diff havin an INSIDER on the forum.

But feel free to give out something not yet reported.
Of the trailer as an exclusive!

A bit of BEHIND THE SCENES with a bit of playing video footage?

Ahhh.... n e thing!
Lol.